Wedding Party

Trolls :)

2»

Re: Trolls :)

• banana468 said:
    Also, keep in mind that by having your wedding on 4th of July weekend it could also be asking a lot now that your WP may be in a new year looking at the cost for travel for two weekends in a short time span.  That's a lot to hit a bank account and it sounds like $100 doesn't cover anything other than sleeping.  That can still be a hit to funds if people are going to need multiple nights in a hotel just a few weeks later and if they're going to be expecting to do other activities.

Lol wait how did you know that my wedding was that weekend, is it in my profile or something? As far as traveling that weekend there will be no long traveling, we all live within 20 minutes of each other and the venue. My family is covering the transporation the day of the wedding
    You brought this up in a different thread.   In your rehearsal dinner thread I read it as some potential travel even if it's driving.  

Honestly, if you all live within 20 minutes of each other than can be even more of a reason to not reinvent the wheel here.

At this point you need to stay out of financial complaints that are bachelorette related and just tell your MOH not to plan anything that isn't within the budgets of your WP. 

You can always plan a weekend away with your friends that isn't a bachelorette.   
  • It sucks that people said they could attend now they can’t and I do think it sucks she’s telling other people (and those people really shouldn’t be telling you!) that it’s too much. I think it just sounds super immature. 

If your MOH (or whatever friends are hosting the party) and hearing that it’s too expensive, then they should adjust the plan. For whatever reason people can’t/won’t commit/thinknits too much/whatever then there are two options; 1) keep it the same but know many (most?) people can’t make it or 2) change the plans to something local/cheaper. It may be a bummer but would you rather do the weekend away or have all your friends there? 

If your friend is saying to you things are too expensive, ask her what is going on. Not if she still wants to be in the wedding (because that does sound like you’re askign her not to be in it— whether or not that’s what you’re intending) but why she’s feeling like this. And hear her out. I get she should come to you/the hosts first but people aren’t always good at that. 
  • Just have a direct conversation with her. "Friend, you said this and this to my mom. What expenses are you concerned about?" It's really not that hard. 

What has she had to pay for the wedding so far? Did you discuss a budget with er for the dress, etc? Maybe you haven't communicated enough with her, and she's worried about what she can afford. If this is one of your best friends, TALK TO HER. 

As far as your bach party is concerned, I'll say this again. If people are dropping out, and complaining about money, they can't afford it. Decline the weekend get away, and tell your MOH and BMs that you'd like a night out instead. 
  • Wedding party and I were planning on a weekend in the Poconos in June. Now a few people already dropped out when it came to making down payment, but that is whatever I am not butt hurt about that. So we found another place cheaper since less people will be in attendance. Money seems to be an issue for everyone which I get, but it will cost about 100 per person for the house for whole weekend. A few people that said they are still coming are telling other people close to me that they don't want to spend the money and are thinking of also backing out. Now one of the girls is one of my bridesmaid who has been complaining about money since day one, if I would have known that I wouldn't have asked her to be in the wedding. I really feel like a burden on these people want to just cancel the bach weekend all together because it seems I am asking to much. IMOH, I don't think I am. I am not going to assume everyone finances, but I am paying the same price as everyone else for the whole weekend plus I am paying for my own wedding with FH. I am a broke student, but if I make a commitment to something I will put money aside each week and save up. They have had months to decide what they want and now everyone seems to be hesitant. I didn't really expect this and easy completely blind sided since everyone wanted to go and said they were in. Should I just say I do not want a bach party anymore and relive everyone? It takes the fun out of it honestly when people are dragging their feet. As far as the bridesmaid that is very broke or cheap, should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? Maybe she doesn't want to be in it anymore bc she told me mom how broke she was or at least hinted it. My thing is do't agree to something you are not going to commit to, just be honest in the beginning. 
    Please re-read your OP, especially the bolded.

We're not assuming anything. You're telling us these things, then contradicting yourself and saying you didn't. 

Words have meanings. We can't read your mind, just what you type.
    Im sorry if I am not being clear. I did not say I want to kick her out, I just want know if she truly wants to be in the wedding. I dont think there is anything wrong with an honest conversation. I wold never be so cruel to kick somebody out of my wedding. It is her choice if she wants to be in it and I am not going to force her if she is uncomfortable,
    Did she say she didn't want to be in the wedding? If so, why haven't you mentioned that before? The only person who brought up her participation in the wedding is you. And it's clearly retaliation for being too broke and/or cheap (your words) to attend the b-party. 

You keep complaining that no one knows the whole story. We are just going off what you wrote. I don't know what else you think "As far as the bridesmaid that is very broke or cheap, should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? Maybe she doesn't want to be in it anymore bc she told me mom how broke she was or at least hinted it" is supposed to convey. 

You keep contradicting yourself. First you want to kick her out of the wedding because she didn't save up for the b-party. Then your wedding is low key and she doesn't have to spend any money. Pick a story and stick with it. 
  • edited February 2019
    Wedding party and I were planning on a weekend in the Poconos in June. Now a few people already dropped out when it came to making down payment, but that is whatever I am not butt hurt about that. So we found another place cheaper since less people will be in attendance. Money seems to be an issue for everyone which I get, but it will cost about 100 per person for the house for whole weekend. A few people that said they are still coming are telling other people close to me that they don't want to spend the money and are thinking of also backing out. Now one of the girls is one of my bridesmaid who has been complaining about money since day one, if I would have known that I wouldn't have asked her to be in the wedding. I really feel like a burden on these people want to just cancel the bach weekend all together because it seems I am asking to much. IMOH, I don't think I am. I am not going to assume everyone finances, but I am paying the same price as everyone else for the whole weekend plus I am paying for my own wedding with FH. I am a broke student, but if I make a commitment to something I will put money aside each week and save up. They have had months to decide what they want and now everyone seems to be hesitant. I didn't really expect this and easy completely blind sided since everyone wanted to go and said they were in. Should I just say I do not want a bach party anymore and relive everyone? It takes the fun out of it honestly when people are dragging their feet. As far as the bridesmaid that is very broke or cheap, should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? Maybe she doesn't want to be in it anymore bc she told me mom how broke she was or at least hinted it. My thing is do't agree to something you are not going to commit to, just be honest in the beginning. 

We're not assuming anything. You're telling us these things, then contradicting yourself and saying you didn't. 

Im sorry if I am not being clear. I did not say I want to kick her out, I just want know if she truly wants to be in the wedding. I dont think there is anything wrong with an honest conversation. I wold never be so cruel to kick somebody out of my wedding. It is her choice if she wants to be in it and I am not going to force her if she is uncomfortable,
    Did she say she didn't want to be in the wedding? If so, why haven't you mentioned that before? The only person who brought up her participation in the wedding is you. And it's clearly retaliation for being too broke and/or cheap (your words) to attend the b-party. 

You keep complaining that no one knows the whole story. We are just going off what you wrote. I don't know what else you think "As far as the bridesmaid that is very broke or cheap, should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? Maybe she doesn't want to be in it anymore bc she told me mom how broke she was or at least hinted it" is supposed to convey. 

You keep contradicting yourself. First you want to kick her out of the wedding because she didn't save up for the b-party. Then your wedding is low key and she doesn't have to spend any money. Pick a story and stick with it. 
    I shouldn't have to keep explaining myself, but I literally never said I was going to kick her out of the wedding party, what good would that do? "Should I ask if she wants to be in the wedding" LITERALLY means should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? In which I genuinely do not know if she wants to be in it anymore. And I wouldn't ask her like that I would just ask if it is too much for her to be in it bc apparently she is upset and worried. I didn't ask her for a dime so that fact that she is people are telling me that she is going to them saying she is broke and cheap makes me wonder. This is the only time I have heard it is through people and it is ridiculous she cant just come out and tell me. I will try to make this clear, I shouldn't have to go to her and say " I heard  through OTHER people that you are stressing about money when in fact I never asked you for anything".  I paid for her dress and I understand if she cant make the b party. Why does everyone think that being in a wedding means you sell your organs for the bride. I told her when I asked her to be in the wedding that I didn't expect anything from her. I have enough shit to deal with I am not going to fucking baby eveyone who cant confront me with an issue (instead they tell eveyone else). Very passive aggressive and I dont appreciate that. I just kciked her out of the wedding she is starting way tomuch drama as of right now. Eveything is unfolding and you **Removed for TOS violation** dont know the half of it hahahah

• edited February 2019
    Is that concise enough for you babaknottiea80c13881918e885 said:
    Wedding party and I were planning on a weekend in the Poconos in June. Now a few people already dropped out when it came to making down payment, but that is whatever I am not butt hurt about that. So we found another place cheaper since less people will be in attendance. Money seems to be an issue for everyone which I get, but it will cost about 100 per person for the house for whole weekend. A few people that said they are still coming are telling other people close to me that they don't want to spend the money and are thinking of also backing out. Now one of the girls is one of my bridesmaid who has been complaining about money since day one, if I would have known that I wouldn't have asked her to be in the wedding. I really feel like a burden on these people want to just cancel the bach weekend all together because it seems I am asking to much. IMOH, I don't think I am. I am not going to assume everyone finances, but I am paying the same price as everyone else for the whole weekend plus I am paying for my own wedding with FH. I am a broke student, but if I make a commitment to something I will put money aside each week and save up. They have had months to decide what they want and now everyone seems to be hesitant. I didn't really expect this and easy completely blind sided since everyone wanted to go and said they were in. Should I just say I do not want a bach party anymore and relive everyone? It takes the fun out of it honestly when people are dragging their feet. As far as the bridesmaid that is very broke or cheap, should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? Maybe she doesn't want to be in it anymore bc she told me mom how broke she was or at least hinted it. My thing is do't agree to something you are not going to commit to, just be honest in the beginning. 

I shouldn't have to keep explaining myself, but I literally never said I was going to kick her out of the wedding party, what good would that do? "Should I ask if she wants to be in the wedding" LITERALLY means should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? In which I genuinely do not know if she wants to be in it anymore. And I wouldn't ask her like that I would just ask if it is too much for her to be in it bc apparently she is upset and worried. I didn't ask her for a dime so that fact that she is people are telling me that she is going to them saying she is broke and cheap makes me wonder. This is the only time I have heard it is through people and it is ridiculous she cant just come out and tell me. I will try to make this clear, I shouldn't have to go to her and say " I heard  through OTHER people that you are stressing about money when in fact I never asked you for anything".  I paid for her dress and I understand if she cant make the b party. Why does everyone think that being in a wedding means you sell your organs for the bride. I told her when I asked her to be in the wedding that I didn't expect anything from her. I have enough shit to deal with I am not going to fucking baby eveyone who cant confront me with an issue (instead they tell eveyone else). Very passive aggressive and I dont appreciate that. I just kciked her out of the wedding she is starting way tomuch drama as of right now. Eveything is unfolding and you **Removed for TOS Violation** dont know the half of it hahahah

Is that concise enough for you **removed for TOS violation** or are you getting warmed up for your lynch mob....you **removed for TOS violation** on here are so shady its really hilarious 
  • edited February 2019

I shouldn't have to keep explaining myself, but I literally never said I was going to kick her out of the wedding party, what good would that do? "Should I ask if she wants to be in the wedding" LITERALLY means should I ask her if she wants to be in the wedding still? In which I genuinely do not know if she wants to be in it anymore. And I wouldn't ask her like that I would just ask if it is too much for her to be in it bc apparently she is upset and worried. I didn't ask her for a dime so that fact that she is people are telling me that she is going to them saying she is broke and cheap makes me wonder. This is the only time I have heard it is through people and it is ridiculous she cant just come out and tell me. I will try to make this clear, I shouldn't have to go to her and say " I heard  through OTHER people that you are stressing about money when in fact I never asked you for anything".  I paid for her dress and I understand if she cant make the b party. Why does everyone think that being in a wedding means you sell your organs for the bride. I told her when I asked her to be in the wedding that I didn't expect anything from her. I have enough shit to deal with I am not going to fucking baby eveyone who cant confront me with an issue (instead they tell eveyone else). Very passive aggressive and I dont appreciate that. I just kciked her out of the wedding she is starting way tomuch drama as of right now. Eveything is unfolding and you **Removed for TOS Violation** dont know the half of it hahahah

In less than two hours you went from "I wold never be so cruel as to kick someone out" to "I just kciked her out".

And we are the problem....?

Maybe everyone in your real life is having as hard a time as we are following your contradictions and your nonsense and your refusal to own your own shit, let alone your typing skills.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So you just kicked her out of the wedding and called us bitches?  LOL.  Sure...you're not the problem.
  • Casadena said:
    So you just kicked her out of the wedding and called us bitches?  LOL.  Sure...you're not the problem.
    She’s the same knottie on the etiquette thread defending the OP who is treating her developmentally disabled cousin horribly, so I’m not shocked  :/
  • eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:
    So you just kicked her out of the wedding and called us bitches?  LOL.  Sure...you're not the problem.
    She’s the same knottie on the etiquette thread defending the OP who is treating her developmentally disabled cousin horribly, so I’m not shocked  :/

omg, you're right! I need to pay more attention to knottie#s!!! 
  • Casadena said:
    eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:

I’m not great at it. Others here are really good at it. The last three digits start to stand out to me when a pattern of “wtf” emerges.  Like Knottie___b27 is the one where every post is drama-filled.  This one with two doozies today caught my eye. 
  • eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:
    eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:

I’m not great at it. Others here are really good at it. The last three digits start to stand out to me when a pattern of “wtf” emerges.  Like Knottie___b27 is the one where every post is drama-filled.  This one with two doozies today caught my eye. 

Casadena said:
    eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:
    eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:
    eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:
    eileenrob said:
    Casadena said:
    Gotta say that is kinda weird that you checked back to see who I was on the other thread. As far as the knottie or w.e you call it I wasn't defending her treating her disabled cousin that way it was wrong of her, I was defending her about asking if people could refrain from being distracting and taking pictures during the ceremony. Stalker
  • FYI I didn't kick her out of the wedding, never was going to....my friend and I worked everything out no thanks to any of you people and your irrelevant "advice" lol. I gotta say it is pretty funny when you people get all riled up for nothing and start to gang up on people like it is the end of the world. You ladies should just take a deep breath and chill out instead of being offended by every little thing you disagree with. You take hypothetical situations and spin it till there is no end. Thanks for being internet vigilantes - S 
  • Gotta say that is kinda weird that you checked back to see who I was on the other thread. As far as the knottie or w.e you call it I wasn't defending her treating her disabled cousin that way it was wrong of her, I was defending her about asking if people could refrain from being distracting and taking pictures during the ceremony. Stalker
    FYI I didn't kick her out of the wedding, never was going to....my friend and I worked everything out no thanks to any of you people and your irrelevant "advice" lol. I gotta say it is pretty funny when you people get all riled up for nothing and start to gang up on people like it is the end of the world. You ladies should just take a deep breath and chill out instead of being offended by every little thing you disagree with. You take hypothetical situations and spin it till there is no end. Thanks for being internet vigilantes - S 

I'd say JIC, but I don't really think she has any intention of deleting these. She's surprised that someone might be easily able to recognize the same poster in different threads, yet understands that DDs are poor etiquette - I'm not thinking we're the trolls.
  • FYI I didn't kick her out of the wedding, never was going to....my friend and I worked everything out no thanks to any of you people and your irrelevant "advice" lol. I gotta say it is pretty funny when you people get all riled up for nothing and start to gang up on people like it is the end of the world. You ladies should just take a deep breath and chill out instead of being offended by every little thing you disagree with. You take hypothetical situations and spin it till there is no end. Thanks for being internet vigilantes - S 
    You literally said “ I just kciked her out of the wedding she is starting way tomuch drama as of right now. Eveything is unfolding and you **Removed for TOS Violation** dont know the half of it hahahah”

Do you understand how this could lead someone to think you kicked her out of the wedding?
  • We’re entitled to our own views...you say stalker, I say I happened to notice the numbers matched. (Btw, why are you posting from a different account?)  When you used “delusional” in that thread I assumed you were referring to that heartless OP, but it was to the rest of us.  So you were defending that OP.  I didn’t specify what part of her post you were defending, but broadly, you were. 

But just in regards to this thread, I stick with the original advice I gave you- be direct with your BM, and ask the person hosting your BP to scale back to a local event.  Things are only as drama-filled as you make them. 
  • Not surprising that OP doesn't want her developmentally disabled cousin at her ceremony, and that she kicked out a bridesmaid for being poor. 
  • @climbingwife two different OPs, but this OP thought we were the problem on theme etiquette thread (I’m to blame for the confusion for bringing it up in the first place, sorry!)
  • eileenrob said:
    @climbingwife two different OPs, but this OP thought we were the problem on theme etiquette thread (I’m to blame for the confusion for bringing it up in the first place, sorry!)
    Ahhh. OK! 
  • I don't think you're supposed to tell everyone you're a troll in the title of your post. 
  • I'm just loving the TK jail icon on the OP's non-existent avatar. Having once been put in TK jail "mistakenly," I'm just happy to know that weird, never-used feature is still around.
    I was wondering what that was! What is "jail"

• I'm just loving the TK jail icon on the OP's non-existent avatar. Having once been put in TK jail "mistakenly," I'm just happy to know that weird, never-used feature is still around.

It's basically a warning, and you're not allowed to post during the time you're in jail. I'm not sure if a mod or KG has to bring you out of it, but what I think I remember is that it's an three day thing. Mandated cooling off period to think about your choices after more minor TOS violation(s), instead of an outright ban.

ETA - this is what I had in mind when I wrote the bolded. Anyone else remember these?
    See the source image
    Once upon a time the mods or administrators used 3-day time outs on a regular basis. I think there was a warning, followed by a time out. They had a few types of temporary bans.

flantastic, weren't you accidentally banned once? I remember you disappearing mid-post once. 

It's basically a warning, and you're not allowed to post during the time you're in jail. I'm not sure if a mod or KG has to bring you out of it, but what I think I remember is that it's an three day thing. Mandated cooling off period to think about your choices after more minor TOS violation(s), instead of an outright ban.

ETA - this is what I had in mind when I wrote the bolded. Anyone else remember these?
    See the source image
    Once upon a time the mods or administrators used 3-day time outs on a regular basis. I think there was a warning, followed by a time out. They had a few types of temporary bans.

flantastic, weren't you accidentally banned once? I remember you disappearing mid-post once. 
    I don't remember being accidentally banned, but I did get put in jail for a couple hours. I think it was Lynda, and she claimed it was accidental later (although things were a little heated at that point).
  • edited February 2019
    I don't remember being accidentally banned, but I did get put in jail for a couple hours. I think it was Lynda, and she claimed it was accidental later (although things were a little heated at that point).
    I must have missed you being in jail. It really is possible to accidentally troll jail someone. 

• I don't remember being accidentally banned, but I did get put in jail for a couple hours. I think it was Lynda, and she claimed it was accidental later (although things were a little heated at that point).
    I must have missed you being in jail. It really is possible to accidentally troll jail someone. 
    It occurred to me later that I did ask for my account to be deleted (way back in the day, when it deleted your content) because I had reasons to suspect a certain member of my family (about whom I had griped a lot) had found my post history. I decided after a day that that was stupid and got reinstated, but the posts from before were gone. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.
  • I see the one person felt the need to mention me in this even though I have nothing to do with this. You ladies really do like to gang up on people. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I see the one person felt the need to mention me in this even though I have nothing to do with this. You ladies really do like to gang up on people. 
    I mentioned you as part of a point I was making about recognizing certain Knottie#s.  Didn’t mean to make you feel bad though, I’m sorry.  No one joined me so I wouldn’t call it ganging up.