Wedding Woes

Tuesday...Bluesday?

2»

Re: Tuesday...Bluesday?

• @sparklepants41, I'm so sorry to hear how bad things got at work!  I really hope the return of your PTSD and nightmares is very short-lived.  Logically, companies and higher-ups should want an open-door policy to listen to constructive feedback and ways to improve things.  But that so often isn't the case.  Lesson learned he only wants "yes people" around him.  I hope you don't have to interact with him very often.

At a different company from where I am now, I complained to HR about a highly offensive company-wide e-mail that was sent.  Come to find out, it was sent out at the direction of the executive that ran our NOLA office.  No repercussions I complained, at least.  In fact, the HR director agreed with me and said she'd gotten a call from a few other people, but threw up her hands with a "what can ya do?".  Which, I get it.  Though I feel like she was in a better place to say something to him than I was.  But I didn't say anything to him and I didn't get the impression that she was going to either.  In a nutshell, there were letters in the breakroom going to local politicians that apparently supported his own religious and political beliefs.  Nothing even remotely related to our industry.  The e-mail was encouraging employees to sign the letters.  I can't even with how completely outrageous it was.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m sorry @sparklepants41 that really sucks. I agree with sending around your resume and seeing what’s out there. It’s definitely not worth your health and well-being staying somewhere with that type of management. 
  • Sparkle - That is terrible.  I hope you find some relief for your PTSD and I also think you should apply other places than just the competitor. 
  • Oh sparklepants that’s awful. I’m so sorry
  • SSC - that's so gross about the kitchen floor, I hope everything turns out ok!

sparkle - good luck with your work issue, it's so hard to deal with outrageous superiors like that.

FWP, Loft was having a huge sale yesterday and when I checked online this morning for something that wasn't in store yesterday it was still going on.  I found a couple other things to add to my cart.  Then when I went to checkout, the sale flipped (apparently ended randomly at like 11am today?) and my cart went from $80 to over $400.  I was in my account and active that whole time. I didn't complete the checkout, but I'm really upset. 

• Hugs and good vibes @sparklepants41. Apply away. 

• So Sorry @sparklepants41 - good luck with the job search.

@Casadena - I would contact customer service and tell them what happened.  Maybe they will honor the sale? 

• MNNEBride said:
    So Sorry @sparklepants41 - good luck with the job search.

@Casadena - I would contact customer service and tell them what happened.  Maybe they will honor the sale? 

I didn't even think about that because I was so irritated (it was a slow morning).  Great idea though, I will do that!
  • Oh, no, SP, I am so sorry. I'm glad you're looking, though. I hope you get a call and can give your company a big ol' FUCK YOU as you head over to the competition. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited February 2019
    @sparklepants41, that’s awful! Take good care of yourself and keep sending out resumes.

I hate Tuesdays after long weekends. It’s just delaying the inevitable Monday chaos. Then I had to wait 25 minutes for the bus, and now DW and I are in a Lyft with a driver who misgendered DW and is wearing too much cologne. 

ETA: We found our pet sitter! Yay!
  • Saaaaaay what, OWK? 

• Saaaaaay what, OWK? 
    DW is a trans woman, and occasionally we get people who call her “Sir” or “him.” At the beginning, we just corrected them gently, but I’m at the point where I’m out of patience with people who disrespect DW. I’m not speaking to my brother because he posted something transphobic on FB and is now hiding behind “free speech.” I’m probably being petty, but I don’t care.
  • Saaaaaay what, OWK? 
    DW is a trans woman, and occasionally we get people who call her “Sir” or “him.” At the beginning, we just corrected them gently, but I’m at the point where I’m out of patience with people who disrespect DW. I’m not speaking to my brother because he posted something transphobic on FB and is now hiding behind “free speech.” I’m probably being petty, but I don’t care.

That is such a pet peeve of mine.  "Free speech" only means that a person will not get arrested for comments they make (with some exceptions).

But they can get fired.  Or never hired in the first place.  Or asked to leave someone's home or business.  Or be ostracized from friends/family.

I don't know why some people think "freedom of speech" = "license to be a rude jerk".

Exactly. The bolded is such a juvenile perspective. So immature.
    Or that free speech means that you have a right to say it in proprietary forums.   Free speech does not mean that Facebook, Nextdoor or other social media have to allow you to say anything you want.     SO many people I see comment when a post is removed and fail to understand how things work. 
  • Saaaaaay what, OWK? 
    Definitely don’t think you’re being petty! I think you’re standing up for what is right.