DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Need major help with decor.

I need a lot of help figuring out how to decorate my wedding. I am not good at all at this type of stuff. I don't even know where to begin. We will be having a small outdoor wedding. Our theme is rustic garden, and our color scheme is sage green, blush, and ivory. Besides the centerpieces, what are the decoration basics that I need to figure out?

Re: Need major help with decor.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    We also had an outdoor wedding and didn’t really do anything beyond altar decorations (refer to pic). Depending on your setting and religious traditions (if any), you could do some sort of arch for the ceremony.

If you have a really pretty setting, you don’t need much in the way of decor. Also, check with the site and make sure anything you have in mind isn’t prohibited (e.g., open flames, confetti, etc.).

ETA: Here’s an example of a wedding arch. The color palette is different from yours, but it might give you an idea.
    https://apracticalwedding.com/bohemian-wedding-arch/
  • Options
    I need a lot of help figuring out how to decorate my wedding. I am not good at all at this type of stuff. I don't even know where to begin. We will be having a small outdoor wedding. Our theme is rustic garden, and our color scheme is sage green, blush, and ivory. Besides the centerpieces, what are the decoration basics that I need to figure out?
    Table cloths and place settings (can be as simple or extravagant as you’d like) are pretty basic. After that, look at focal points and decide if they even need decorations. 
  • Options
    At an outdoor wedding, the natural view might be enough. In that case, you would just need very simple decorations for the table. If your wedding is at night, you will need to figure out lighting. Do you have a tent in case of rainfall? A back-up plan in case of really bad weather?
  • Options
    maine7mob said:
    At an outdoor wedding, the natural view might be enough. In that case, you would just need very simple decorations for the table. If your wedding is at night, you will need to figure out lighting. Do you have a tent in case of rainfall? A back-up plan in case of really bad weather?
    For lighting, LED candles are a great idea.
  • Options
    The rest of the logistics IMO for an outdoor wedding are more important.  "In case of rain" needs to be the first consideration.  Then chairs for the ceremony, then tables/chairs for the reception (and DO NOT expect your guests to pick up a chair and take it to where the seating is for the reception)..  Depending on the wind mason jars with some cut flowers and pebbles to add weight.  Don't overthink it or make it more work for yourself.  Then think "How is the cake going to be protected from wind, rain, bugs, temperatures, and sun"?