Wedding Woes

It's Only Tuesday..

Last night I kept thinking it was Tuesday. But it wasn't. :( 

Paint is happening! My house is in shambles. I'm hoping they'll be done Thursday so I can take Friday off and just clean the fuck out of the place. Then we can list! 

My friend, my sister and I were talking about going to a concert Friday. I went back and forth but figured I shouldn't since I should be busy with the house. But I waited too long to say anything and she got tickets so looks like I'm going to a show Friday, having a party Saturday and seeing another show Monday. Who do I think I am? 19?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's Only Tuesday..

• MEH. This week is going to be a slow one. 

Yesterday was a shitshow of a day. Unauthorized charges on my debit card, so I had to shut it down. Had a dentist appointment to get an old filling redone. I was there for TWO hours because I kept needing more novacaine. My face was numb until 8pm. AND I have to go back and do it all again in 3 weeks because I have another old filling that has to come out. 

Also, stupid TD Bank is only open 8:30m to 5:30pm every day, so I have no choice but to go during work to get a new card. There's a TD Bank here, but it's on a main road and there's no parking lot. So I have to fucking street park, and then go in. Which I hate. Can you tell I'm cranky today? 

On the plus side, H is away until Thursday so I get the whole house to myself.  
  • I'd be cranky too climbingwife. 
  • @climbingwife, I used to bank with Bank of America because they had 9-6 operating hours.  What? i can get stuff done AFTER work?  What a novel idea!  Then they were like “you know what?  We’re going to be like all the other banks.  New hours.  9-5”. I’m no longer with them because that was the ONLY perk!
    @shessocold!  Doooo it.  Go!

last week I did my friends taxes for her. Yesterday I went to set up the file page and was going to call her for some last minute things and file - and I accidentally pressed “deluxe version”.  Do you know there’s no way to go back to the free version unless you clear all? So know I have to do it all over again and yesterday got slammed with a huge project.  I’m not in next week so I’m scrambling to get THAT done too. Only me.

• That all sounds awful @climbingwife.  I hate the dentist and ugh about TD’s hours!  The branches by me always have a couple of weeknights where they’re open until 7-8, if should be that way by you too.

Trying to complete three different projects at work. One of my coworkers is out on maternity leave starting yesterday and the AP of the dept divided her caseload in a strange way.  Unrelated to work, I’m debating creating a fake registery at Pottery Barn, I’m in love with the entire Monique Lhuillier collection and I’d love to grab it all at a registry completion discount.  
  • eileenrob said:
    That all sounds awful @climbingwife.  I hate the dentist and ugh about TD’s hours!  The branches by me always have a couple of weeknights where they’re open until 7-8, if should be that way by you too.

Trying to complete three different projects at work. One of my coworkers is out on maternity leave starting yesterday and the AP of the dept divided her caseload in a strange way.  Unrelated to work, I’m debating creating a fake registery at Pottery Barn, I’m in love with the entire Monique Lhuillier collection and I’d love to grab it all at a registry completion discount.  
    The branch by me is open late on Friday. So I can either wait a whole week. Or go Saturday. Ugh. 
  • eileenrob said:
    That all sounds awful @climbingwife.  I hate the dentist and ugh about TD’s hours!  The branches by me always have a couple of weeknights where they’re open until 7-8, if should be that way by you too.

The branch by me is open late on Friday. So I can either wait a whole week. Or go Saturday. Ugh. 
    Do you have to go to the branch? They can't just mail you a new one? 
  • kvruns said:
    eileenrob said:

Do you have to go to the branch? They can't just mail you a new one? 
    They offered to mail me a new one, but said it could take "WEEKS". They will not overnight one. 
  • I'm tired and cranky and afraid I'm getting sick. 

We have a tournament this weekend and no schedule.  I'm tired of getting yelled at.  I AM NOT IN CHARGE.  I FORWARD EMAILS AND UPDATE OUR TEAM PAGE. I AM NOT COMPENSATED IN ANY WAY FOR THIS SHIT.

I had to clear my computer cookies so now I have to try to remember my 5000 passwords.

• That is some bs @climbingwife

I’d be so annoyed @CharmedPam. What a scam. They probably do it that way on purpose so people get frustrated and just agree to pay. 

@ShesSoCold you have some crazy stamina. I don’t even know if I could do all of that in three days. 

I have a car service appointment today for some recalls and an oil change. I’m going to study in their lobby while that’s going on. And then afterwards I’m going to print out all of my study materials and go to the gym. I get so distracted at home I’m going to try doing a good workout and then just walking with my study materials on the treadmill. Maybe that will force me to concentrate. My midterm is tomorrow and I can’t wait for it to be over.

I got a chest x ray done yesterday because I’ve had a cough for 7 weeks and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t actually really sick before I go drink all weekend. It looked fine so I either have bronchitis, or my poor immune system just keeps getting reinfected with new viruses and that’s why I’ll feel good for a few days and then shit for a few days. Or maybe both. Either way, I am over this cough. I sound like I smoke three packs per day. 

• @ShesSoCold, yay paint! I hope everything looks awesome when they're done.  For all the real estate stuff I've done, I've never sold a property.  So I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you, lol.

@mrsconn23, good luck on the profit sharing bonus.  Yay good raise!

@climbingwife, that is so much bummer.  I hope your week starts improving.

@CharmedPam, I worked for BofA in CA when I was in high school and college.  9-6 Mon.-Thurs., 9-7 Fri., 9-4 Sat.  The BofA's in grocery stores had even longer hours and were open on Sundays.  So great!  Though that was before online banking, now they've shortened only their Sat. hours.

Then I moved to Louisiana, lol.  Where smaller banks close at 4:00.  Big banks close at 5:00.  And only select branches for anyone are open on Sat. at all (sigh).  So I'm stuck with Friday afternoons...and that's only because I work half days on Fri...or Sat. morning.  Or taking my whole lunch hour if I have to go during the weekday.  Oh!  And some branches don't take deposits through the ATM.  I find that stunning.

This week is pretty normal and not too bad.  The upcoming weekend is a 4-dayer for me, so looking forward to that is keeping me perked up, lol.

I am doing one of my mystery shopping schedulers a HUGE favor today and agreed to take a lunch shop that someone else had dropped.  The location is close to my work, but I still don't usually like doing lunch shops during the week.  It's just extra stress in the middle of the day and I'm literally only going to have time to go there, get my food, stay for the required 10 minutes, and then leave to get back to work.  And end up eating most of my lunch at my desk while I'm working, lol.

She's at least giving me a small bonus, but it's still going to be a hassle.  I'm mainly doing it because we have a good working relationship and I like her.  She likes my work and gives me first pick of shops I want, before she posts them on the board.  So that's the huge favor she does for me every month, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a PITA @climbingwife.   When DH's BOA Visa had that issue it was also a draw out process with an affidavit that he had to fill out or the fraudulent charges would have been his.   It's a PITA.   Can you use a credit card in the meantime? 

FWIW my bank card is for ATM use only.   It's not tied to a credit card account and I'll use my credit card for purchases.   The goal is that by not having the # out there there's reduced risk of fraud in the market and I use my AmEx for nearly everything but pay it off monthly. 

It's so cold today.   I miss snow white winter days.   We haven't really had one. 
  • Yup, I'm using my Amex for the time being. And I have $20 on me...haha. 
  • Busy at work today and I'm also leaving early for a dermatologist appointment.  So just popping in to say hello!
  • I swear my whole head is infected. WFH yesterday because I woke up with pinkeye. The antibiotic gel is helping but now I have sinus pressure and a sore throat. I just want to lie down and take a nap. 
  • Its finally stopped raining in Tennessee! My mom and step dad are on their way down fron MI and have to figure a re-route through Nashville due to a rock slide. Tomorrow they have tickets for us to go to a filming of Kelli and Ben, I'm hoping they have somebody good on.
    My house is also a mess because I'm having new floors installed in my last 2 rooms, excited o\to finally have them all done!
  • Oh speaking of your MS, @short+sassy, we dined at a new place last night (a bunch of friends and I) and towards the end, the server gave us a business card wih his name on it.  He said to special request him next time because it was a pleassure to serve us. Wait he says that to everyone? So this place actually likes people requesting waiters. Never seen that before.  

• Busy day. Got a request yesterday for a super quick turn around project. Stayed at work until 8 last night and was back early this morning, but it’s done finally!

Not much else really. H has more phone interviews lined up, one he’s really excited about. The company he interviewed with last week and said they were moving quick. By quick they meant 2-3 months. Pretty sure that was a red flag for him. 
  • Oh speaking of your MS, @short+sassy, we dined at a new place last night (a bunch of friends and I) and towards the end, the server gave us a business card wih his name on it.  He said to special request him next time because it was a pleassure to serve us. Wait he says that to everyone? So this place actually likes people requesting waiters. Never seen that before.  
    I've never seen that either! That sounds like a nightmare - no seating rotation? So if 5 tables come in and they all had Dwight before, they're going to ask for Dwight and he's going to be totally swamped while Stanley and Phyllis stand around or do prep work? Sounds awful for the hostess - and everyone - on a busy night!

The painters were working on the kitchen yesterday and today so we had to go out last night. We had a Chili's gift card and when we got there, requested a booth. After waiting 15 minutes and no waiter/ss, we got up and left. I felt kind of bad because when we asked for a booth, we might have messed up the seating rotation and the server in the section we got may have already been swamped. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    I've never seen that either! That sounds like a nightmare - no seating rotation? So if 5 tables come in and they all had Dwight before, they're going to ask for Dwight and he's going to be totally swamped while Stanley and Phyllis stand around or do prep work? Sounds awful for the hostess - and everyone - on a busy night!

The painters were working on the kitchen yesterday and today so we had to go out last night. We had a Chili's gift card and when we got there, requested a booth. After waiting 15 minutes and no waiter/ss, we got up and left. I felt kind of bad because when we asked for a booth, we might have messed up the seating rotation and the server in the section we got may have already been swamped. 
    I would never feel bad about requesting a booth! When we eat out - we normally do.  Both H and I have terrinle backs and seats get very uncomfortable for us.  Chili’s may have been slow on the account of them just being slow.  Red Robin did that to us too and we walked out.  If it takes 15 minutes for a drink order what will the meal be?

• Yeah, I mean, we still left and I still left a bad google review because of it, but I did feel just a teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeny bit bad. I don't even know if we did mess up the seating rotation but I was trying to give them a little benefit of the doubt. Because way back when, when I hosted, double-seating someone or messing up the rotation always pissed the servers off. 

We never even ordered a drink. Watched multiple servers walk by. I'm not going to beg for service.

But we had waters and chips and salsa before we even took our coats off at the Mexican place we ended up at instead. :) 
  • @ShesSoCold I see you stuck out season one of The Office  ;)  okay is it just restaurants by me that will tell patrons no sometimes?  If no servers are working the booths or if a particular server is swamped the hostess says no.
    Feel better soon @sparklepants41 and sorry about the never ending cough @levioosa!  (My phone initially wrote couch instead of cough...how nice does a never ending couch sound??)
  • LOL yes! I did! And I binged the entire series. I was just too invested in stupid Jim and Pam to move on. Even H laughs at Michael now when I watch reruns. :)
  • @ShesSoCold, Pretend you all didn't hear this because I'm not supposed to disclose client names, lol.  But I had a mystery to-go shop at Chili's.  I had to place the order online and follow the directions for them to bring the order to my car, when I arrived.

What a s**t show it turned out to be!  All the to-go parking spots are taken up, so I have to drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes before one opens up.  Fortunately, I got there early, so I'm still perfectly on time for when the website and auto-text message told me my order would be ready.  I send my text message that I'm there.

20 more minutes pass by and now it's awkward.  I'm not supposed to go inside to get the order, per the instructions, but there has not been even one order that has been taken to someone's car.  Everyone else is walking in to pick up their order.  But, geez, how long am I supposed to wait?  So I hedge my bets and call the restaurant to ask about my order.  They make some excuse that it was "next", but I think they overlooked it, since I wasn't there hanging out at the inside to-go area.

At any rate, when it was all said and done, I spent about 40 minutes hanging out in their parking lot for a to-go order that was supposed to be ready...according to THEM...30 minutes before I actually received it.

One could argue it is anecdotal.  But between your story and what I recently experienced, Chili's is a dysfunctional, clueless mess.  Don't feel even a teensy bit bad about leaving.  It's totally unacceptable for any reason to have to wait more than a few minutes for somebody to at least greet you and get the drink order.  That's something a good management team should be alert for, especially if they know their servers are slammed.

The waiting too long at a table can also be awkward for me when I have a mystery shop, lol.  Because, I'd normally leave, except I can't.  And I'm supposed to see how long it takes for a server to greet me.  Buuuttt how long do I wait until I finally flag someone down.  Because sometimes a host person accidentally puts a guest at a table that has no server assigned to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Add me to the list bashing Chili's. I like the food, and it's priced right so I keep giving it another shot. The service is so, so bad. We've decided to only sit at the bar, and even then we'll sit there and not be able to find someone. Dude, you're a bartender. Your job is literally to stand there behind the bar and make drinks. I can see you in the kitchen playing on your phone instead of getting me a box. 

I was a server for a long time and I cut servers a lot of slack, but letting people sit without a greet is a huge deal for me. If a server is so busy that they can't greet their table, they should be in their section with other tables. Which means they should see you and at least be able to swing by and say they'll be right back or ask someone to greet for them. My experience has been that usually no greet is because the server doesn't notice you, which is because they're in the kitchen doing something other than their job. (If you're doing side work or whatever but still open for tables, you're supposed to either swing back by your tables every 5 minutes or so, or ask the host to let you know when you get sat.) FWIW, I've never worked anywhere that had tables with no one assigned to them. On a slow night with fewer servers, everyone would just have more tables assigned, not close parts of the restaurant. 
  • Add me to the list bashing Chili's. I like the food, and it's priced right so I keep giving it another shot. The service is so, so bad. We've decided to only sit at the bar, and even then we'll sit there and not be able to find someone. Dude, you're a bartender. Your job is literally to stand there behind the bar and make drinks. I can see you in the kitchen playing on your phone instead of getting me a box. 

I was a server for a long time and I cut servers a lot of slack, but letting people sit without a greet is a huge deal for me. If a server is so busy that they can't greet their table, they should be in their section with other tables. Which means they should see you and at least be able to swing by and say they'll be right back or ask someone to greet for them. My experience has been that usually no greet is because the server doesn't notice you, which is because they're in the kitchen doing something other than their job. (If you're doing side work or whatever but still open for tables, you're supposed to either swing back by your tables every 5 minutes or so, or ask the host to let you know when you get sat.) FWIW, I've never worked anywhere that had tables with no one assigned to them. On a slow night with fewer servers, everyone would just have more tables assigned, not close parts of the restaurant. 
    I hear you.  In another lifetime, lol, I worked as a server at two restaurants.  They both would close sections, but other servers know what the closed sections were and if we saw people sitting in them, we would ask the host/ess or management if someone should be helping them.

Yet, I have been told on multiple occasions at a variety of restaurants some version of "so sorry!, no one is assigned to this section, but I'll get John to help you" or "so sorry! I thought Jane was helping you".

I even had that happen at a 4-star restaurant last year.  Also a mystery shop, lol.  It was lunchtime.  There were only a few other tables seated.  After 10 minutes I tried flagging someone down but maybe "conveniently" no one made eye contact with me.  But between the supposed "caliber" (not to mention the prices) and the fact they weren't that busy, being ignored like that was especially egregious to me.  Then the food was mediocre, at best.  My H barely even ate his lunch because he thought the fried shrimp in the poboy tasted too fishy.  I felt bad we'd gone to all that trouble and it was a lousy experience, overall.

Though they did have one of the best desserts I've ever had in my life!  Talk about a shock, considering how crappy everything else had been, lol.  A Tarte a La Bouille.  Which I'd never heard of before, but apparently it is a lesser known Cajun dessert that is traditionally served around Christmas.  At least that's what the server told us.  It tasted like one of the best white/yellow cakes I've ever had married an awesome crème brulee. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending healing vibes for you, @levioosa and @sparklepants41 and safe travel vibes for your folks, @pegasuskat!

We got home about an hour ago. It was a good trip, but it’s great to be back home. I just wish I didn’t have to go back to work tomorrow!

All things considered, I would prefer not to spend my next birthday on the road, but at least I got to spend the whole day with my favorite person.  <3 
    Happy late birthday!  I'm glad you had such a good trip and got home safely.

It's not always possible, but I love it when I can schedule a vacation and have it work out to get the entire next day off also.  It's like a half step back into my normal life, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker