Wedding Woes

Wednesday

HUMP DAY!  BONUS DAY (for me)!  

And I got my new supervisor assignment.  Our team is going back to our previous supervisor.  She used to be on our team for-ev-er ago and then got promoted from within.  We were close when I worked in the office and I still like her, but she's not as relaxed as my current boss (which, TBH, isn't hard).  Better the devil you know than one you don't, I say.  ;)  Other team members are having more feelings than me.

Other than that, SSDD.  Ready for the weekend already.  At least I only work a half day Friday.  Of course, they're offering OT this week and I have no time to work it.  Hoping they open it up next for week too.  Yay for lots of work though.  It's better than when there's nothing to do. 

Re: Wednesday

• Finally got our tournament schedule for the weekend and it doesn’t suck. Max and I are taking on the science center!
  • Yay @mrsconn23! Glad your ok (as can be) with new supervisor.  

I skipped this morning workout so I must force myself to get it done tonight.  Ugh!  I came hime from our condo this morning to find my torani syrup delivery on the door step a day early (yay!) and a mystery box.  Glad no one swiped those.  I texted my H and said “did you order something from nhl com?”
    ”i did.  And its for you.  You can open it”.

He randomly got a picture of my favorite blackhawks player (Patrick Sharp) for me!  For no reason.  He was looking for a jersey but couldnt find one (plus they’re really pricey IMO).  He said next time I see him I should have him sign it (I went to a signig for him once - also courtesy of my H) I said “yeah next time I’ll just roll over in bed and hand him a sharpie to sign it”.  

I think I found myself funnier than H did.  Don’t send me a picture of my boyfriend if you can’t take the jokes that come with it!!! 😁
    Since the Hawks are bad, they have been using the shit out of Sharp and Burish because they know women love them. I'm sure you could find some sort of appearance he's doing. If you have an AmEx card, they have special offers with ticket and meet & greet packages sometimes. They also sometimes have a retired player at a regular game and only AmEx cardholders can get a picture (I am still so pissed at myself for not having my AmEx card on me when they had Carcillo there - I LOVE Carcillo!)

SS,DD for me, I guess. The painters finished yesterday but it looks really half-assed in places. The boss is the guy who will be doing our tile tomorrow so he'll check out the paint and fix it. I was hoping tile would be done tomorrow so I could take Friday off and relax clean but doesn't look like it. Oh well!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @CharmedPam, how nice of your H!  And I think that was the perfect comment, lol.

I am completely wiped out today.  It's not even noon and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.

It's also going to be a long night, but at least for good reasons!  My new tenant is moving in tonight, so it will be nice to have that checked off my list.  I'm meeting her at 7PM but, on my way there, I need to stop at Walmart for some prescriptions plus I like to provide a few toiletries for a new tenant.  Nothing worse than being in the middle of moving, need to go to the bathroom, and realize ack! the toilet paper is packed who knows where, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's a nice surprise @CharmedPam !  Good news about the supervisor @mrsconn23
    Took me forever to log in today.  Couldn't get in on mobile so I'm on my work computer which I don't like to do.  Not that it mattered, today (like most days) work was crazy from 7:30 until 11:30-noonish and now just catch up/paperwork time aka my down time lol.  This week is Dr. Seuss week at my kids' school (his bday is Saturday), each day has been a dress up theme based on a different book.  Today is Wacky Wednesday, i just literally let my kids dress themselves.  It was awesome (and definitely a bit wacky).
  • I hate theme day weeks because I always forget. Our school is doing it next week, but because of our wacky kinder schedule he was supposed to do stuff that I already missed. 

I also hate heritage week week because we have none. I like learning about the others but ours is always made up. We’re german this year btw. 

I just spoke to someone else's kids. Twice. Older kid kept pushing Max’s hand off of stuff. Then ran over a toddler while playing tag. 
  • I forgot my cat story.  My cat Nip sold out her fellow brethren last night, lol.  On the eternal question of, "Does my cat know it's name and just pretends it doesn't?"

I was already in the kitchen and it was time to give her, her insulin shot.  I think this was the first time I tried calling her by name, when I was in a different room.  I've done it before when we were both in the same room.  But with mixed results.  Sure enough!  She came when I called her.  I suspect it helped that I was in the kitchen.  I knew she knew her name, but now I have proof.  Your mistake, little one, lol.  Though, if she could reply, she'd say, "Of course I know my name.  I'll still ignore you when you call me, if I feel like it."  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is super sick and I’m hoping he recovers before this weekend. We slept in separate bedrooms so I can hopefully avoid his plague but he was up all night coughing. 

Midterm today. Hopefully I do okay. I feel like I have nothing else to give. At least the gym is out of the way. Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands to run and cleaning and packing to do. I just have to get through today. 

• Still enjoying having the house to myself. I think H is coming home Thursday night. 

I either already have allergies, or I'm getting a cold. 
  • levioosa said:
    FI is super sick and I’m hoping he recovers before this weekend. We slept in separate bedrooms so I can hopefully avoid his plague but he was up all night coughing. 

Midterm today. Hopefully I do okay. I feel like I have nothing else to give. At least the gym is out of the way. Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands to run and cleaning and packing to do. I just have to get through today. 
    Good luck on your midterm!

Oh no!  I hope your FI starts feeling better and doesn't pass anything you.  I know how much you've been looking forward to your Vegas weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    FI is super sick and I’m hoping he recovers before this weekend. We slept in separate bedrooms so I can hopefully avoid his plague but he was up all night coughing. 

Good luck on your exam! 

Not much here SSDD. I had the best pork belly, “BLT” sandwich for lunch and now I want to take a nap. 
  • Hi y'all. Returned home yesterday to a house that needs cleaning and a pile of laundry! Now I'm coming down with a cold thanks to the babies. Oh well it was worth the visit. I've gotten through most of the cleaning and the laundry and am drinking hot tea.

I was watching the congressional hearing earlier. It reminded me somewhat of the Watergate hearings - I know y'all aren't old enough to remember them. It just makes me shake my head. I had to change the channel though. I finally got fed up with it all. 
  • Hi y'all. Returned home yesterday to a house that needs cleaning and a pile of laundry! Now I'm coming down with a cold thanks to the babies. Oh well it was worth the visit. I've gotten through most of the cleaning and the laundry and am drinking hot tea.

I was watching the congressional hearing earlier. It reminded me somewhat of the Watergate hearings - I know y'all aren't old enough to remember them. It just makes me shake my head. I had to change the channel though. I finally got fed up with it all. 
    Let's hope Trump steps down also.

I was born during the thick of the Watergate scandal (Nov. 1973).  Nixon made his "I am not a crook" statement three days before I was born.  His secretary, Rose Mary Woods, made her first deposition (something like that) two days after I was born.  She's the one who "accidentally" taped over 18.5 minutes of one of his meetings.  Good times, good times (sigh).

My mom saved a copy of the LA Times from the day I was born and gave it to me.  Talk about the U.S. going to hell in a handbasket.  Energy crisis, Watergate, Ford's accession to the Vice-Presidency after Agnew's scandal and resignation.  I'm glad I was a newborn and couldn't read yet, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi all!

Tried to reach out to my brother today, and it didn’t end well. I’m really hoping I don’t have to see him any time soon. I think it’s time to get back into therapy, focusing on all the messy stuff around my family of origin.

Apart from that, I had a ton of e-mail to go through and two emergencies that showed up before 9:00. But OTOH, the guys I work with handled everything OK while I was gone, so I didn’t have to put out any fires.

Just taking it easy tonight. Hoping an early night and some rest will short-circuit whatever kind of upper respiratory crud I brought home. 

Let's hope Trump steps down also.

I was born during the thick of the Watergate scandal (Nov. 1973).  Nixon made his "I am not a crook" statement three days before I was born.  His secretary, Rose Mary Woods, made her first deposition (something like that) two days after I was born.  She's the one who "accidentally" taped over 18.5 minutes of one of his meetings.  Good times, good times (sigh).

My mom saved a copy of the LA Times from the day I was born and gave it to me.  Talk about the U.S. going to hell in a handbasket.  Energy crisis, Watergate, Ford's accession to the Vice-Presidency after Agnew's scandal and resignation.  I'm glad I was a newborn and couldn't read yet, lol.
    I was in 6th or 7th grade during all the Watergate hearings. I remember coming home from school every day and that was all that was on TV (pre-cable too!). I hated it and really didn't care about the historical significance of it all until Nixon resigned. I remember when he resigned I was at church camp, and we were called in for the announcement. It may be my lack of memory, but the proceeding seemed more respectful back then. Today's proceedings were awful IMO. The republicans just kept on and on about him lying. Yes, we know he lied. He admitted it. Move on.
  • I forgot my cat story.  My cat Nip sold out her fellow brethren last night, lol.  On the eternal question of, "Does my cat know it's name and just pretends it doesn't?"

I was already in the kitchen and it was time to give her, her insulin shot.  I think this was the first time I tried calling her by name, when I was in a different room.  I've done it before when we were both in the same room.  But with mixed results.  Sure enough!  She came when I called her.  I suspect it helped that I was in the kitchen.  I knew she knew her name, but now I have proof.  Your mistake, little one, lol.  Though, if she could reply, she'd say, "Of course I know my name.  I'll still ignore you when you call me, if I feel like it."  
    Earlier this year I said something that, to someone listening in who doesn't completely speak English, sound like I was calling Ella-our dog we lost last year.  Apparently our cat knew/knows Ella's name.  His ears perked up and he kinda hopped up and spent a short while looking around.
    It was very sweet and very sad.

I had today off, work tomorrow, Friday very short day--and then work the hell out of our largest fundraiswer of the year all weekend.  It will be CRAZYCAKES and if I get the Mr's flu, I will be so damn upset.  I was sick for this event last year.

Cute! Diva will meow back if you use her name.
  • Aurora and Jack are all about their names. They’ll come running if you call and talk to you. Squish pretends not to know his name but I’ll see him look up when I call him. He just pretends not to notice. Rude. Lol

• levioosa said:
    Aurora and Jack are all about their names. They’ll come running if you call and talk to you. Squish pretends not to know his name but I’ll see him look up when I call him. He just pretends not to notice. Rude. Lol
    Ha. Charlotte knows her name but won’t come unless I call her “pretty kitten”. She’s a diva. If she hears me call her name she looks at me like “oh I thought you were calling the dog”.