Flowers

Re-purposing Bridal Bouquet for Sweetheart Table

Good morning fellow brides,

I have been having calls with florists around my venue. One florist recently recommended that I use my bridal bouquet instead of having a sweetheart table centerpiece. Throughout my wedding research, I had never come across this idea so I'm trying to visualize it. Has anyone done this or seen it done? If so, would you mind sharing your pictures? Thanks, loves!

Stephanie

Re: Re-purposing Bridal Bouquet for Sweetheart Table

• It wasn't a sweetheart table, but at my brother's wedding, we used all the bridesmaids' bouquets as the centerpieces on the head table.

There were vases already on the table and we just plunked the bouquets in. Super easy and a good idea because really, what else are you going to do with it?

If you have other decor or anything you want on the table, just have that and a vase of water sitting on the table and you can just set the bouquet in when you sit down for dinner. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh that's adorable, Charlotte!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We did the vase thing.  I got cheap plain glass vases and had them near mine and all the bridesmaids seats.  When they walked in to the reception, they just put them in there.  my SIL did the same thing! 
  • Oh that's adorable, Charlotte!
    Thank you!!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

We put mine and my BPs bouquets in front of the sweetheart table too.  The vase idea is also a good one.  It’s pretty and what else are you going to do with the bouquets during the reception?  
  • I think I had a vase at our table and I plunked my bouquet into that vase into it.   Think about the type of flowers you're using.   I used a lot of hydrangea and used some water in a vase so they didn't look like they wilted. 
  • If you do use a vase, make sure your bouquet isn’t really heavy and the vase is sturdy. 
  • Another vote for the vase method...  We actually used our unity candle (specialty made by a beeswax sculptor) as the main centerpiece then had bouquets in vases just so there was an easy place to put them..