Wedding Woes

I was today years old when. . .

I thought this would be a fun thread.

I was today years old when I found out Rally’s fries aren’t even vegetarian, let alone vegan. They’re fried in beef tallow.

Re: I was today years old when. . .

• I was nearly today years old when I learned what a padiddle was. 
  • I was today years old when I figured out that there's a little arrow on the gas gauge that tells you which side to pump gas on. 

Well, actually it was few months ago, so today -1, but close enough. 
    Same.  Well 1.5 years now, when driving a rental and askin outloud how I’m supposed to know this and my friend pointed this out!

• It was embarrassingly recent that I learned that a pony is not a baby horse. 
    Wait seriously?!?
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    A baby horse is a foal - colt (boy) or filly (girl).  

• Ro041 said:
    Yes, I know this now, thank you. My SIL is a horse person and she so condescendingly informed me thusly. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I was today years old when I learned pigeons' olfactory system is located behind their eyeballs. 
  • eileenrob said:
    Ro041 said:
    Yes, I know this now, thank you. My SIL is a horse person and she so condescendingly informed me thusly. 
    So then what’s a pony?  *serious question...I promise I put my socks on before my shoes in the morning*
    Thank you!!

Apparently it's its own sub-genre of horse. It's a small horse, in my defense. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2019
    Ro041 said:
    I guess I knew that, but then wtf is a pony. Like I figured it was just another name for baby horse. Or maybe like smaller than normal sized horse but bigger than a miniature horse.  Hmmm

edit: Ok I see SSC answer just above
  • Not recently, but one time when I was fully grown human who should have known better, I uttered "OMG, Chewbacca's just a guy in a suit!"  out loud to my sister, who has teased me mercilessly to this day about my confusion that Wookies do not actually exist in real life and roam the earth.  (I think we were watching the MTV Movie awards and he showed up)

No defense, just part of my charm.  LOL 
  • I am SO GLAD I'm not the only pony idiot. My SIL made it seem like I was SUCH an ignorant loser.

But then she had no answer when I asked her what make of car Dale Earnhardt drove or what position Nick Lowry played or what was the last album Bill Wyman played on so STFU. Don't act like I'm the world's biggest idiot because I haven't been around horses my entire life. 
  • Mrs.conn that kind of reminds me of my friend who thought Emperor penguins were like 6 feet tall. LOL I don't even know why it's so funny but could you imagine a GIANT penguin like that?!

In "I know better but am currently a dumbass", I once emailed my sister about plain tickets. Not those fancy tickets, I just need a plain plane ticket. LOL. But she texted me the morning of my wedding asking if we should "flea" the state, so I felt better.

Last winter, she was whining about the snowy roads and said something about the road being much worse east of County Line road. I was like, "Oh, I guess Joe county doesn't do as good of a job as Blow county does!" and she just looked at me with a blank stare. It never occurred to her that County Line road would be, in fact, near the county line. 
  • eileenrob said:
    Ro041 said:
    So then what’s a pony?  *serious question...I promise I put my socks on before my shoes in the morning*
    Thank you!!

Yes!! I just had to Wikipedia this to confirm, but a pony is a small horse! I learned me something else today!! :)

"For many forms of competition, the official definition of a pony is a horse that measures less than 14.2 hands (58 inches, 147 cm) at the withers. Horses are 14.2 or taller."
  • "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

I'm not nearly fancy enough to understand all this equestrian lingo. 
  • "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

I know! The first thing I think of is "well, my hands or my H's hands?  because it's different, lol".  Though I'm sure there's an actual measurement.  And, I was curious enough to Google it, lol.  There is.  One hand=4 inches.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    SSC - my explanation was for SM. I figured you knew by now what a baby horse was called.  :)  

• LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    edited March 2019
    "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

I know! The first thing I think of is "well, my hands or my H's hands?  because it's different, lol".  Though I'm sure there's an actual measurement.  And, I was curious enough to Google it, lol.  There is.  One hand=4 inches.
    If you look at your palm and splay your fingers, a hand is the distance between the tip of your pinky and  the tip of your thumb. But it was standardised to 4 inches. Really, it's no different than measuring things in feet.

Metric system FTW :)

If it is even weirder, in Britain that anything child rides is referred to as a pony, regardless if it is a horse or an actual pony.

I also remember learning that pesto wasn't vegetarian- that blew my mind. 
  • "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

If you look at your palm and splay your fingers, a hand is the distance between the tip of your pinky and  the tip of your thumb. But it was standardised to 4 inches. Really, it's no different than measuring things in feet.

If it is even weirder, in Britain that anything child rides is referred to as a pony, regardless if it is a horse or an actual pony.

Wait, what??

It's basil, olive oil, pine nuts and cheese.  It's not vegan but not vegetarian?? 
  • banana468 said:
    "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

Wait, what??

It's basil, olive oil, pine nuts and cheese.  It's not vegan but not vegetarian?? 
    Parmesan cheese isn't vegetarian. It uses cow's stomach rennet to create the curds. 
  • banana468 said:
    "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

Wait, what??

Parmesan cheese isn't vegetarian. It uses cow's stomach rennet to create the curds. 
     I thought this would be a fun thread.

I was today years old when I found out Rally’s fries aren’t even vegetarian, let alone vegan. They’re fried in beef tallow.
    Man, I really applaud people with strong enough morals and discipline to be vegan or vegetarian. It sounds like such a giant pain in the ass and it sounds like meat is hidden everywhere. 
  • eileenrob said:
    Ro041 said:
    Thank you!!

Well, I only learned this today so no need for you to feel bad!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My husband learned yesterday what an advent calendar was. He bought a horse thing labeled as an advent calendar for m2s bday. He thought it was on clearance because it was a misprint.....
  • I was today years old when I realized the clock icon on my phone actually tells the current time!  Who knew?  No, really....who knew that already?
  • banana468 said:
    "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

Wait, what??

Ok, I'm today years old. 
    Me too! I could never be vegetarian, I love cheese - parm, pecorino you name it too much!