Wedding Woes

I was today years old when. . .

2»

Re: I was today years old when. . .

• MobKaz said:
    I was today years old when I realized the clock icon on my phone actually tells the current time!  Who knew?  No, really....who knew that already?
    I’m today years old too! 
  • MobKaz said:
    I was today years old when I realized the clock icon on my phone actually tells the current time!  Who knew?  No, really....who knew that already?
    Guess what I’m doing all day?  Testing that theory! 

• banana468 said:
    "14.2 hands" LOL WTF? 

I'm not nearly fancy enough to understand all this equestrian lingo. 
    I know! The first thing I think of is "well, my hands or my H's hands?  because it's different, lol".  Though I'm sure there's an actual measurement.  And, I was curious enough to Google it, lol.  There is.  One hand=4 inches.
    If you look at your palm and splay your fingers, a hand is the distance between the tip of your pinky and  the tip of your thumb. But it was standardised to 4 inches. Really, it's no different than measuring things in feet.

Metric system FTW :)

If it is even weirder, in Britain that anything child rides is referred to as a pony, regardless if it is a horse or an actual pony.

I also remember learning that pesto wasn't vegetarian- that blew my mind. 
    Wait, what??

It's basil, olive oil, pine nuts and cheese.  It's not vegan but not vegetarian?? 
    Parmesan cheese isn't vegetarian. It uses cow's stomach rennet to create the curds. 
    Ok, I'm today years old. 
    I don't really go here anymore and mostly just lurk, but you can buy cheese made with non-animal rennet.  You have to read the labels closely to find it.  I believe many Land O'Lakes and Cabot varieties come with non-animal rennet.  You can Google a list. 

• Not sure if you guys can access the link, but this showed up on my FB feed today and it’s pretty interesting. 

https://www.facebook.com/Insidercheese/videos/576988062751338?sfns=mo