Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Tuesday ladies!

How we doin'?

H is the cutest. We got my wedding ring at Jared and every 6 months when we go in for its "checkup", stones are loose. H is all mad and has been talking about taking it to the real jeweler we use to see what they think. Well, he INSISTED we go Saturday. He was in pain, this place is in a busy downtown area with nowhere to park, there were 100 reasons not to go, but he insists.
So we go in and while they're looking at my ring, I spot this ring with 5 blue stones in like a fade from light to dark. Funny! I've been wanting a ring EXACTLY like this with Montana sapphires for our anniversary! So H goes, "What kind of stones are those?" and when she says they're MT sapphires, he just looks at me and says, "Happy anniversary" all calm. He had the fucking thing made 4 months in advance because he wanted this jeweler to do it and he figured he'd be able to surprise me since it was so early. He's the freaking best. 

I hope we're all doing well! I don't want to be at work!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Happy Tuesday ladies!

• Options
    @ShesSoCold That just made me tear up this morning! How dang sweet is your H. 

SSDD today. Not feeling work but I have a lot to get done and I need to hustle. H and I are struggling big time lately and that's not helping with my motivation at work. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Aww that’s so sweet @ShesSoCold

My computer decided to update so everything is taking for ever. All the multi factor authentication crap drives me nuts too 
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold that's so sweet!! 

Bleh. It's Tuesday. Still cold. H is away until Thursday. I have meetings today I don't want to attend. I have to give reviews next week I don't want to give. I'm just meh all around today. 
  • Options
    That is so sweet, @ShesSoCold

SSDD here at work. At least tonight is a meeting night that DW and I have together and I have some awesome Spotify playlists to get me through.
  • Options
    That’s so sweet @ShesSoCold! How did the inspection go on the house? 

Not feeling super hot today; I felt queasy yesterday afternoon and I haven’t been able to shake it yet. I still ran this morning but I just feel blah. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2019
    That is seriously the sweetest! I bet the ring looks gorg, @shessocold.
    hope you feel better Charlotte. 

Last week coworker’s s found out our pay structure has changed.  The one who thinks she works so hard told is she’s looking for a new job (she isn’t) and she’s not busting her ass for this company anymore and she works for 2 people and we’ll all be sorry if she leaves.

so now when 2 or 3 things come at her - she dispurses it to others. Instead of lining them up like *I* do and prioritize she sends work to me or the other person in the dept.  ummmm it doesn’t work that way.  No one can do 2 things at once.  Finish it up and work on the next.  That’s how I do it!!!!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We lost power so I said eff it and didn’t even try to work
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold - how sweet!

I had a flare after a root canal that laid me out all weekend.  I call the endontist on Saturday morning and he called in antibiotics and pain meds.  The first dose of pain meds worked but didn't after that.  Then I remembered the same thing happening after I broke my arm many years ago.  Apparently, Vicodin is not a good choice for me.  Sunday was a little better and I decided to stay home yesterday.  It's much improved today so I'm at work but still look a little chipmunk-ish on the left side.

@VarunaTT, hope you can get a good discharge plan for your dad.
  • Options
    SSC how sweet that is awesome!!

Varuna I hope things are better today in trying to coordinate care for your dad. That is a lot to take on
  • Options
    V - Sorry about your dad.  I hope he is able to do well in recovery and he can get the helps he needs during his recovery.

SSC - That story is so sweet!

Friday night, our ax throwing was super fun and I won the tournament out of our group of 10!  Once I got my form down, I just kept getting them to stick!  I won a $20 coupon off our next visit.

Saturday is where our weekend went down hill.  It was our anniversary and we were supposed to do our big date night.  Instead H woke up with swollen throat glands.  So off to urgent care he went and diagnosed with strep.  I went too, so I could get tested, even though I felt fine.  I was negative.  So that was good, I thought, at least.  H went downhill pretty quick, even with his high dose of antibiotics.  So he was in bed with chills/hot flashes the rest of the day.  I was able to move our massage and my niece came with me to see Captain Marvel (which was awesome!).  

Sunday, I woke up with a slight sore throat, but since I was negative, I thought it was just post nasal drip.  So I still went with DD to my BFFs house for her son's party.  

Monday I woke up with a raging sore throat.  So back to urgent care I went.  This time I'm positive, so my initial test was a false negative.  So I went out for 2 days thinking I was fine.  I'm hoping I didn't get anyone else sick!  Since H and I both had strep, we took DD in for a test too.  She was positive too.  She was probably the carrier to H and I, all the while never offering us a clue she was sick.  Even the doctor said her throat was so red, but she was acting normal.

We are re-attempting our anniversary date night this Saturday.  
  • Options
    Oh no @OliveOilsMom! Hope you all feel better soon!! Apparently strep is going around; one of my friends just got diagnosed as well. 
  • Options
    @SheSoCold, That is so awesome!  What a wonderful and sweet gift.  I'm also curious how the inspection went.

I'm in loan process/underwriting hell.  Nothing bad that's happening.  I just always find it an especially painful and stressful experience.

I was sent a job opening from GlassDoor that I am especially finding intriguing.  Intriguing enough I'm actually going to apply, even though I'm not really looking for another job.  It's for a Real Estate Development Manager with a restoration and RE developer firm.  They talked a lot about their company culture in the job description and it sounds so perfect for my own personality.  I would learn so much in this job to further my own real estate goals and (I think) actually enjoy many aspects of the work.

I have a lot of the experience/qualities they are looking for, but might be too light on their biggest one (sigh)...feasibility analyses of potential projects.  Workwise, I've set up and managed large budgets.  But not in real estate and that's not quite the same thing.  Personally, I've done a lot of that in my own real estate investing, but for small apartment complexes and 1-4 residential multi's.  I've never done anything related to new construction development.

I know we've all had those moments in job searching, lol.  Where I wish I could physically reach through my computer and say, "We're perfect together!  I know I would be awesome for you.  Give me a chaaannnnccceee!"

Thanks for indulging me in a long post for a job potential that there is a decent chance I'll never hear anything back from, lol.  Hope springs eternal.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @SheSoCold, That is so awesome!  What a wonderful and sweet gift.  I'm also curious how the inspection went.

I'm in loan process/underwriting hell.  Nothing bad that's happening.  I just always find it an especially painful and stressful experience.

I was sent a job opening from GlassDoor that I am especially finding intriguing.  Intriguing enough I'm actually going to apply, even though I'm not really looking for another job.  It's for a Real Estate Development Manager with a restoration and RE developer firm.  They talked a lot about their company culture in the job description and it sounds so perfect for my own personality.  I would learn so much in this job to further my own real estate goals and (I think) actually enjoy many aspects of the work.

I have a lot of the experience/qualities they are looking for, but might be too light on their biggest one (sigh)...feasibility analyses of potential projects.  Workwise, I've set up and managed large budgets.  But not in real estate and that's not quite the same thing.  Personally, I've done a lot of that in my own real estate investing, but for small apartment complexes and 1-4 residential multi's.  I've never done anything related to new construction development.

I know we've all had those moments in job searching, lol.  Where I wish I could physically reach through my computer and say, "We're perfect together!  I know I would be awesome for you.  Give me a chaaannnnccceee!"

Thanks for indulging me in a long post for a job potential that there is a decent chance I'll never hear anything back from, lol.  Hope springs eternal.

You should apply! There’s been studies showing that men apply to jobs when they have ~60% of the qualifications while women wait to have close to 100% of required/ideal qualifications before they apply. Plus, this may be something you can learn on the job!
    Thanks!  That's an interesting stat.  I admit, I'm in the 100% category.  At least for "minimum qualifications".  I will definitely apply.

They did describe they expect a lot of learning on the job and aren't necessarily looking for someone with a lot of experience.  But they need to have some and it specifically needs to be in feasibility analysis.  They also emphasized the personality type they are looking for is someone who is independent and will at least try to figure it out before asking for help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG, SSC.  That is amazingly sweet.  He's super awesome.  ;)  Happy anniversary. <3 

I'm watching the Elizabeth Holmes doc on HBO.  Bitch be crazy.  There is no there, there when she's talking to the camera.  It's creepy.  That said, I liked the dropout podcast better than the film.  

It's gotten cold again.  Womp, womp.  But it's been sunny. We did grill last night. :D  

DefConn leaves in 3 days for his longest vacation away from us.  He's excited and he's going with my parents, but I'm starting to have nerves about it.  My dad has an iPhone, so we can facetime every day.  He's going to have so much fun.  My parents are planning to spoil the shit out of him.  :)  Also, I can watch all my netflix I want to catch up on in peace.  

And the week after he gets back, I'll be on vacation.  I cannot wait.  

DH's audit got moved up by 2 months.  He's so pissed.  He's also got an unexpected outside audit on the books (which is why his internal audit was moved up).  The next 12 weeks are going to suck for him.  :/ 
  • Options
    Feel better @charlotte989875 and @OliveOilsMom! FYI the rapid strep test is awful and almost useless. Throat cultures are much more sensitive and specific. 

Good luck @short+sassy

That’s sweet about the ring @She@ShesSoCold

Clinic today. I am so tired. I don’t know why we went to bed so late. Last night I made two different types of cauliflower pizza to see which one I liked better. They turned out okay. I might have used too much cheese. Otherwise gym today and trying to get back into the swing of things. My dad has a cardio appointment tomorrow that I might need to go to, so I have to ask my mom about that tonight. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    Feel better @charlotte989875 and @OliveOilsMom! FYI the rapid strep test is awful and almost useless. Throat cultures are much more sensitive and specific. 

Good luck @short+sassy

That’s sweet about the ring @She@ShesSoCold

Clinic today. I am so tired. I don’t know why we went to bed so late. Last night I made two different types of cauliflower pizza to see which one I liked better. They turned out okay. I might have used too much cheese. Otherwise gym today and trying to get back into the swing of things. My dad has a cardio appointment tomorrow that I might need to go to, so I have to ask my mom about that tonight. 

I don’t believe there is such a thing as too much cheese. 

Hope your dad is feeling better! Is he back at home?
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I think the cheese gave one of my crusts a “soggy bottom” and all I could think about was Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood looking at me with disappointed faces. Lol. 

Yes! He’s been home since last Tuesday. I think he’s a little depressed, which is understandable. He needs to 1)be super compliant with his meds, and 2) find a support group. I don’t think he will long term be compliant because he’s never been in the past, and I don’t think he’d find a support group helpful which is unfortunate. He’s also stressing out about the bill. The hospital starting calling him for payment literally 16 hours after he was discharged. They can shove it. And of course the cardiologists the hospital consulted weren’t covered under his plan. Fucking American healthcare. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Healthy vibes to your fathers both @levioosa and @VarunaTT.  Feel better soon @OliveOilsMom and @charlotte989875.  That sounds like a role you’d be great at @short+sassy! And that’s so thoughtful and sweet @ShesSoCold
    I’m coming down with a bit of a cold.  I hope that’s all it is.  I’m not feeling my best but I was well enough to make a batch of Zeppole di San Giuseppe last night.  To follow a big tray of stuffed shells tonight (it’s St. Joseph’s Day today).  And I’ll be back on my eating plan tomorrow  :D
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 - I'm sorry I had to ban the spammer who wanted you to be on a reality show. You can blame me for not having a life of fame and fortune. 
    I totally missed it!  HOW COULD YOU?!  ;)  
  • Options
    I just just feel like I’ve done enough working today and feel like I’ve earned a nap. 
    Ugh, the same!  I can barely keep my eyes open, but have two more hours to go.  Meh :(.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished work and I want to go to bed now.  Eff homework, dinner, and housework.  

Also, people have been irrationally stupid lately.  There's been too many to count in the last couple weeks, but damn if I don't want to respond to some people with some snark.