Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil Ideas

Hi! First post here! I need some help because I’m struggling more with this than I should be but I have no clue. I have no idea what I should do for my veil and accessories. Ive had no luck in person and it’s hard to tell online, and I keep going back and forth considering veil lengths (I’m short and a fingertip length would work fine, but something about floor/chapel lengths are so gorgeous)

My dress is an ivory lace Enzoani, our wedding ceremony will be short and sweet and at the same location as the reception. I should also add that I’m Jewish and we’re having a Reform Rabbi for a Ketubah signing before the ceremony. My mom wants me to consider veils that cover my face for this, I’m not sure if it’s necessary for Reform weddings. If anyone knows anything about this, please advise!

Basically, what veils would you recommend with this dress? And how should hair go with the dress? (Link copied below)  (my bridal shop ordered this dress with some modifications, such as the leg slit in the picture won’t be on my dress)
https://www.enzoani.com/en/collections/enzoani/nancie

Re: Veil Ideas

• Your dress is gorgeous! Since it’s so long, a long veil would probably look better with it. 

As for accessories, I wouldn’t do anything more than a simple necklace and earrings. 
  • Beautiful dress! I think either a fingertip veil or a longer one could work, whatever you feel best in. 

I agree with keeping any other jewelry/accessories fairly simple and letting the dress speak for itself. There are a lot of gorgeous bridal hair accessories out there, in case you want something other than your veil. 
  • Do both!  I had a Cathedral length veil and the fingertip with blusher...   Once the ceremony and pictures were over I took off the Cathedral length and wore the other for the remainder of the night being cognizent of people hugging so I held my head such that they wouldn't yank my hair off which worked splendid.  To have the blusher over the top or not is really about personal preference.  If you don't want to, then don't!

This is one detail that's all about you and your preferences.  It's not about being short nor tall.  Rock the look you want!  
  • I'm also short and was not a fan of fingertip length veils on myself at all, I really felt like they cut me in half and honestly, if it wasn't going to "trail" behind me I didn't really see the point in having a veil at all.

I also didn't get a blusher and I'm having a reform jewish ceremony (are you me? lol). I didn't really like the symbolism and didn't want to cover my face. No one has argued with me about my choice but IMO if they did I'd tell them to shove it. Most modern reform jewish brides I know have not worn one. One of my cousins married a conservative woman and she wore a blusher and it definitely stood out (my aunts were like, "did you seeeee she covered her face!"). 

I'm wearing this veil! It's simple, cathedral length, looks luxurious, and doesn't compete with my dress: https://www.bhldn.com/product/light-as-air-veil
  • That veil is gorgeous, @kahluakoala!
  • Thank you! Veil prices blew my mind but I had a hard time finding the right one 
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2019
    Thank you! Veil prices blew my mind but I had a hard time finding the right one 
    This is one thing to purchase online or DIY (for a simple veil it's around $12-15tops).  The bridal shop markup is INSANE...