Attire & Accessories Forum

Jewelry Match Help!!

Hey y’all, I’m thinking about wearing the necklace my mom wore on her wedding day. It is a pearl/diamond pendant on a thin gold chain. It is dainty and classic. I’m unsure of what earrings will match this though. I would highly prefer more of a statement set of earrings, such as diamond/pearl chandelier earrings. Any suggestions on how to match earrings with this style necklace? Tips on where to shop? Thank you!!

Re: Jewelry Match Help!!

• What does your dress look like and how will you be wearing your hair?
  • I’m wearing my hair half up half down. My dress has a sweetheart neckline .
  • edited March 2019
    I’m wearing my hair half up half down. My dress has a sweetheart neckline .
    Since your hair is going to be half-up, you could wear larger diamond and pearl earrings. Just don’t go too big or they’ll compete with the necklace.
  • Honestly they're going to look great whichever you decide.  What I would do is take the necklace into a few equal level jewelry stores and consider what you like and would wear again on a special occasion that may or may not coordinate with it.  If you want a costume piece, that's one thing, but think about wearing the jewelry again on an anniversary or special date night 10 years down the road.  Go with that!
  • edited March 2019
    Thank you both! :smile:
  • That necklace sounds absolutely beautiful and sentimental! Pairing it with statement diamond/pearl chandelier earrings is a fantastic idea. The dainty and classic necklace will be perfectly complemented by bold and eye-catching earrings. For earrings, you might want to consider looking at jewelry stores that specialize in bridal accessories or have a wide range of jewelry options. When choosing earrings, consider the size, style, and design to ensure they complement the necklace. A classic design with pearls and diamonds will likely coordinate well with the pendant on the gold chain. Also, envision how the earrings will frame your face and work with your hairstyle.

• That necklace sounds absolutely beautiful and sentimental! Pairing it with statement diamond/pearl chandelier earrings is a fantastic idea. The dainty and classic necklace will be perfectly complemented by bold and eye-catching earrings. For earrings, you might want to consider looking at jewelry stores that specialize in bridal accessories or have a wide range of jewelry options. When choosing earrings, consider the size, style, and design to ensure they complement the necklace. A classic design with pearls and diamonds will likely coordinate well with the pendant on the gold chain. Also, envision how the earrings will frame your face and work with your hairstyle.

@knottie52f4651c8aabe1ff Welcome to The Knot.  Before you post, please check the date of the original post, as well as the date of the last comment made.  As you can see, this post is over 4 years old.  You have resurrected a dead/zombie thread.

• Thank you! I didn't notice it.  :#
  • edited March 19
    Hello,
    I advice you to pair the pendant with diamond stud earrings. It can add sparkle and sophistication to your ensemble. Matching jewelry is a little bit such as matching outfits. If you want to keep the focus on the pendant, choose smaller diamond studs.