Wedding Woes
Options

Hump Day!

Happy Wednesday ladies! What's goin' on?

We FINALLY heard back from Buyer. He wants a closing credit. We're counter-offering a much less closing credit. I think it's worth the gamble. Hell, our realtor told us that she told her husband THEY should buy the house if this guy pulls his offer! 

Yesterday I ordered some stuff from Old Navy because I had some coupons and stuff and I must have returned something after paying the bill, because I had like a $30 credit on my card. So I order like $31 worth of crap and come home and get the mail and the refund check is in there. Must have been the 3 months, but now I feel like I can't justify my purchase to H. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Hump Day!

• Options
    SSC how much different is his $$ vs yours? Hopefully he's just trying to play hardball but man is it frustrating.

You justify it by saying look here is this $30 refund check that will apply to the account. I only spent $1 now - look at how awesome I am. hehe
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2019
    Agreed with @kvruns.  That’s how you deal with that 😁 really keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

huuuuuump day. 

So my friend and her hubby and I were planning a trip to Napa Valley over Labor Day weeknd. Over the weekend she told me if we do it after that weekend she has more vacation days.  I’m like, cool but i can go 4 days if we do it over the long weekend, just 3 if it’s any other weekend.  Southwest was the exact same fair every week even the long week.  I guess she’s flying another airline (points?) and its cheaper to go another weekend.

so I guess we go on another weekend and I take a trek to the West Coast for 3 (really 2.5) days? It kinda irks me that we’re revolving it around her situations now. 

Eta words

• Options
    I was basically laid up in bed all day yesterday with neck pain. I've been getting adjusted by our chiro, and I'm actually feeling better today. But I think I'm going to need to seek out an MD to totally correct this issue. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
  • Options
    He wanted $5,000, we offered $1,000. We already fixed 33 items on his ridiculous list so I think it's a good middle point. And I think worth the gamble that he'll pull and we'll have to go back on the market. We're still the only ranch in our price range in our area.

Ouch, climbing! I hope it's can be corrected easily! 

And that's annoying, Pam. I'd be annoyed since you already planned for Labor Day and she wants to change for a reason that is convenient for her but really inconvenient for everyone else!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I’m still sick. I cannot kick this cold. I’m thinking of taking a half day and sleeping for the rest of the afternoon. I’ve got a meeting at 10 that I can just it through and another at 11. I also have an Everlane credit so I’m going to order some new jeans before my meeting. I’m pretty much done working already. 
  • Options
    He wanted $5,000, we offered $1,000. We already fixed 33 items on his ridiculous list so I think it's a good middle point. And I think worth the gamble that he'll pull and we'll have to go back on the market. We're still the only ranch in our price range in our area.

And that's annoying, Pam. I'd be annoyed since you already planned for Labor Day and she wants to change for a reason that is convenient for her but really inconvenient for everyone else!
    Exactly.  Only upside is one less hotel night and CA hotels (especially Napa) can be pricey so I’m saving there... if not on flights.

i think the ball is in your court if it’s a ranch he’s looking for and you’ve got it in his peoce range.  He’s be stupid to walk for $4k.

• Options
    I was basically laid up in bed all day yesterday with neck pain. I've been getting adjusted by our chiro, and I'm actually feeling better today. But I think I'm going to need to seek out an MD to totally correct this issue. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
    what do you think is causing the neck pain? ShesSoCold said:

oh yikes I didn't realize this was on top of the things you already fixed. sheesh
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold, I hope you and the buyer can come to a good compromise.  It seems like you all are at a small difference now.  FWIW, the seller paying a portion of the buyer's closing costs is super common in my area.  Though it is capped at 6% of the purchase price.  I'm not sure if that is a state rule or something else.

In fact, for my first home, I asked for the max closing costs I could because I needed it!  I was putting 20% down and that was killin' me, lol.  The seller counter-backed on those costs reducing it by $3K.  I counter-backed by raising my purchase price by $3K and keeping the closing cost deduction to what I'd originally asked for.  It was all the same money to the seller, lol.  But made a huge difference to me, because that was $3K more I could roll into the loan instead of having to come up with that much more money.

@CharmedPam, that is a side-eye!  I mean, if you all are traveling that far anyway, it's a much better overall value to stay for longer.

@climbingwife and @charlotte989875, I hope you both start feeling better!

My seller has still not responded to my counter-offer (drumming fingers on desk).  I'm not sure how long I should wait.  It's not a huge inconvenience.  But I have two different financial strategies planned, depending on if we are proceeding on this duplex or not.  I can't go any further with either one while I'm stuck in limbo.  Nor can I pursue most other properties while my down payment funds are earmarked for this one.

Other than that, I'm focused on prepping for my interview tomorrow.  While still having a productive day at work, lol.  It's also been FOREVAH since I was on an interview and it occurred to me last night that I should also brush up on my general interviewing skills.  Aaah!  So much to do and so little time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvruns said:

Other than that, SSDD. 
    what do you think is causing the neck pain? ShesSoCold said:

oh yikes I didn't realize this was on top of the things you already fixed. sheesh
    I don't even know. The chiro says it's a sublaxation of a bone that causing a pinched nerve. I dont' know how accurate that is. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    More painting today. Got the last spring schedule. 3 kids have 4 practices on Wednesday night’s. Oops. Only a few conflicts with games (first communion and Disney). 
  • Options
    Still writing the paper from hell. I would probably be done but FI had an anxiety attack yesterday and he came home early from work and derailed my whole day. He really needs to seek professional help and dealing with the constant anxiety is so exhausting. He asked me about setting up a doctor appointment and I told him he needed to. It looks like I won’t get to see my bff until Sunday or Monday now which is a bummer. And I work the next three days which is giving me anxiety after my work week last week. On the bright side of things Squish is finally learning to be affectionate and I am here for it. He’s usually so aloof. 

Fingers crossed for closing @ShesSoCold!

Feel better @charlotte989875 and @climbingwife!

Good luck tomorrow @short+sassy

• Options

That 5k number is crazy to me!  We bought our house about a year ago in a somewhat similar area to you in the burbs and our realtor told us we'd be lucky to get $500 for a closing credit!!  We ended up negotiating other things, but wow. 

@short+sassy good luck on your interview tomorrow!   I'm sure you'll kill it!

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

I'm feeling a little more like myself today, but just kinda groggy because I left my favorite coffee on my kitchen counter this morning (https://www.uglymugcoffee.com/shopflavoreda-delicious-light-roast-fair-trade-organic-coffee-for-your-morning-called-buttermoon/ for anyone who wants to try). 

Going to go for a walk at lunchtime because it's sunny and fairly warm finally!  Maybe going to run some errands after work.   I was able to pause my gym membership for 6 months while we're doing these fertility treatments and it's amazing to feel like I actually have time to do things after work (although I do miss the intense workouts). 

• Options
    Casadena said:

That 5k number is crazy to me!  We bought our house about a year ago in a somewhat similar area to you in the burbs and our realtor told us we'd be lucky to get $500 for a closing credit!!  We ended up negotiating other things, but wow. 

@short+sassy good luck on your interview tomorrow!   I'm sure you'll kill it!

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

I'm feeling a little more like myself today, but just kinda groggy because I left my favorite coffee on my kitchen counter this morning (https://www.uglymugcoffee.com/shopflavoreda-delicious-light-roast-fair-trade-organic-coffee-for-your-morning-called-buttermoon/ for anyone who wants to try). 

Going to go for a walk at lunchtime because it's sunny and fairly warm finally!  Maybe going to run some errands after work.   I was able to pause my gym membership for 6 months while we're doing these fertility treatments and it's amazing to feel like I actually have time to do things after work (although I do miss the intense workouts). 

That request seems high even in a strong buyers market. When we bought our Toledo house we got the seller to cover the majority of closing costs because the market was so good for guys (and pretty bad for sellers) but it wasn’t even that much! 

For our Buffalo house the roof needed an immediate repair and the best we could do was getting the seller to drop the price by $1200, and even that was risky. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Good luck with the buyer @ShesSoCold , ugh feel better soon @climbingwife and @charlotte989875 and i'd definitely be irked @CharmedPam
    @short+sassy if you're half as interesting and knowledgeable on the interview as you are here you'll get the job!  But good luck tomorrow.

Work is work.  The kids have their first ever soccer practice this evening- Modell's had a pretty good bundle price on cleats, shin guards and balls.  Still made a dent...here's hoping they have enough fun that the Modell's stuff gets used but not so much fun that my schedule ever looks like yours @6fsn ;)
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Oh and I still can't "love" anyone's posts...so just knowing I'm loving (or if it's another board, agreeing) from here.  Lol.  My usual TK glitch issue is I usually can't post but I can "love it".  Now it's the opposite (with a few tries needed to post).  Plus not being able to edit my original post, hence the second post..
  • Options
    This week is going by at a glorious pace.  We've been taking it easy and I needed this downtime so much more than I realized. 

Wonder Park was super cute.  DH's grandma is headed back home today with his uncle, so DH and the kids went to see her.  I stayed home with the dog and took her for a walk, picked up dinner, talked to a friend, and watched TV that I wanted to catch up on.  

I am officially booked for Newport Beach.  I am so excited.  We have just enough stuff to do, but not too much that we can't go do other stuff on our own.  And the resort we're staying at looks fantastic. 

I'm ready for DH to be on his long weekend as of tonight.  And also, we're having DefConn's friend bday party this weekend.  <3 
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold, I hope you and the buyer can come to a good compromise.  It seems like you all are at a small difference now.  FWIW, the seller paying a portion of the buyer's closing costs is super common in my area.  Though it is capped at 6% of the purchase price.  I'm not sure if that is a state rule or something else.

In fact, for my first home, I asked for the max closing costs I could because I needed it!  I was putting 20% down and that was killin' me, lol.  The seller counter-backed on those costs reducing it by $3K.  I counter-backed by raising my purchase price by $3K and keeping the closing cost deduction to what I'd originally asked for.  It was all the same money to the seller, lol.  But made a huge difference to me, because that was $3K more I could roll into the loan instead of having to come up with that much more money.

@CharmedPam, that is a side-eye!  I mean, if you all are traveling that far anyway, it's a much better overall value to stay for longer.

@climbingwife and @charlotte989875, I hope you both start feeling better!

My seller has still not responded to my counter-offer (drumming fingers on desk).  I'm not sure how long I should wait.  It's not a huge inconvenience.  But I have two different financial strategies planned, depending on if we are proceeding on this duplex or not.  I can't go any further with either one while I'm stuck in limbo.  Nor can I pursue most other properties while my down payment funds are earmarked for this one.

Other than that, I'm focused on prepping for my interview tomorrow.  While still having a productive day at work, lol.  It's also been FOREVAH since I was on an interview and it occurred to me last night that I should also brush up on my general interviewing skills.  Aaah!  So much to do and so little time!
    buyers asking for closing costs is a huge pet peeve of mine! If you can't pay your closing costs, maybe you shouldn't be buying the house. I know it is more complicated than that but hell I bought my house at 24, put down a chunk of cash for down payment and never even thought of asking for closing costs. When I sold m
  • Options
    I'm dealing with my same problem account who loves to do anything to avoid cutting a PO so we can be paid for our costs.  There's something that's really frustrating about dealing with a personality type who has constant emergencies as a result of their poor planning all while failing to see that this is their fault and that they need to pay for it. 

If this was an end user it would be glorious - but it's a major company that we have to deal with so my customer service hat is on and my tongue is in a clamp I have to hold it so hard. 
  • Options
    Well, that was a surprising text message.

My new tenant who moved in last month texted me and requested a minor repair when I come to pick up the rent on Friday.  Whhaaattt???  Oh, goodness, no.  I do not pick up rent.  I actually outline acceptable ways to pay rent in the lease, but I realize there is a difference between what someone signs and what they remember.

At any rate, it's all good.  I explained we'd pick up the rent on Friday, since we'll be over there to take care of the repair.  But that I do not normally pick up the rent and then listed the other ways she could pay.  She seemed fine with that.  It just struck me as so odd she thought I would pick it up.  Maybe that was what her last landlady did?  I dunno (shrug).  

This is why my leases have become ridiculously long over time.  I can't assume anything, lol.

My personal fave?  The tenant who parked his broken down car, diagonally across the front yard.  I really, really  feel like I shouldn't have to have written documentation in my lease that motor vehicles on the lawn are not acceptable.  But, now it's in there, lol.  Actually, it's more general language than that, but he was the motivation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sending healing vibes for you, @climbingwife and @charlotte989875!

You’ve got this, @short+sassy!

Fingers crossed that everything works out, @ShesSoCold!

Today was really busy, plus I needed to tie up loose ends because I’m off for two days for my grandma’s calling hours and funeral. After work I had to run some errands and go to a committee meeting for a sober LGBTQIA+ conference. Cleveland is hosting the conference in 2020, and we’re raising funds for hospitality and scholarships. After I got home, our pet-sitter came over and met Lady, who was crazy about him instantly.

My neck is almost completely healed, but my hamstring and my heel still hurt, so I’m limping.
  • Options
    My last two landlords had me leave my rent in an envelope in the mailbox for them to pick up, which I always thought was such a bad idea. What if the mailman grabbed it? 
  • Options
    I used to leave my rent in a box inside our apartment building but you had to access the entrance to the building with a key.   It worked for us.   But that was clearly outlined when I signed the lease. 
  • Options
    Yeah our rent box was a locked box in the basement.  I can’t remember how secure or unsecure the box was, but there was never a problem.

• Options
    When I had an apartment, they allowed rent to be provided in two ways: a check given to property management each month (PM was on site), or you could pay online, but it was a $50 fee which I thought was crazy. I only did that one once or twice when I realized rent was due and the office was closed. If you bounced, then you had to pay with a money order and you lost the privilege of paying by check. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    When I had an apartment, they allowed rent to be provided in two ways: a check given to property management each month (PM was on site), or you could pay online, but it was a $50 fee which I thought was crazy. I only did that one once or twice when I realized rent was due and the office was closed. If you bounced, then you had to pay with a money order and you lost the privilege of paying by check. 
    $50 is crazy! When we had an apartment in between houses I think it was $6 fee to pay online and I thought that was silly. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I pay online but no fee. My dream is credit card payments but it will never happen!
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    $50 is crazy! When we had an apartment in between houses I think it was $6 fee to pay online and I thought that was silly. 
    I agree, that seems counterproductive to charge a fee to pay online.  On my real estate investing forum, everyone wants their tenants to pay rent online.  Not only does it save trips to the bank, but tenants paying their rent on time goes up dramatically when they do it online.

The websites that handle online rent payments sometimes charge a fee for that, but it's pretty minimal.  Especially compared to the convenience for the PM.  The one I use is free for both myself and my tenants, but it takes about 5 business days to hit my bank after my tenant pays.  I can expedite that to 1-2 business days if I pay a $3 fee per payment or a $10 monthly flat fee for all the payments.  Cheap!

Tenants can even pay their rent with their credit card, though they do have to pay (I think) a 3% fee for that.  And most of that fee just covers what the cc' companies charge the website.

I remember reading a post where a landlord had his own 'cc processing account, more for if a tenant was in a bind.  But one tenant paid their rent that way every month.  The LL initially didn't charge a fee for a 'cc payment but then realized "yeesh", I'm paying $25+ every month for this guy paying with a credit card.  He talked to the tenant and found out the guy was using his 'cc for rent to get the points!  And then paid it off each month.  I thought that was pretty smart and wished I could do that with my mortgage payments, lol.  But banks don't do that.  For exactly the reason this LL found out the hard way...the fees.  At any rate, the LL sent a 30-Day Notice to all the tenants that after xyz date, credit card payments would incur a fee.  And that tenant stopped paying their rent with their credit card after that, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I pay online but no fee. My dream is credit card payments but it will never happen!
    For the points, right?  I’d LOVE that too