Wedding Woes

I've got a case of the Mondays.

We got like 6 inches of snow yesterday. W. T. F. 

I'm getting my IUD out today, which is going to suck. Then my dad is coming over to help H with the house. I plan to close myself in the bedroom and watch Food Network and feel sorry for myself. 

I hope we all had good weekends! 

H got a new tattoo. It's an elephant seal on the back of his calf, wedged into the space between other tattoos. I. love. it. It's awesome. It's very H and very Chris (the artist). Perfect for H. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: I've got a case of the Mondays.

• Ugh, sorry for the snow! We had a crazy rainstorm last night at 4am that woke me up. I could not get back to sleep after that. 

Friday we went out to dinner. Saturday we ran a bunch of errands, then cooked and home and watched TV. Sunday we went for a 6 mile hike, then went out to lunch. All in all, was a great weekend. 
  • It snowed yesterday morning and then was in the 70s to melt it off by the end of the day.  I just need the redbuds and Bradford pears to be finished blooming so I can breathe normally.

Whew, I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning.  I have had TV envy for awhile and K indulged me yesterday and we got a new fancy TV.  I love it and it's so much easier to see with the bigger screen.  Other than that, the derby game on Saturday was good, we won.  Did my mileage run, mostly running.  We waled the last mile.  We went to a new trail and it was gorgeous.  I told K it'd be perfect for a trail skate.  Sunday was basically spent doing laundry, grocery shopping, and messing with the new TV.  Low key and relaxing, which is what I needed.
  • Climbing, I cannot WAIT until I can hike on weekends!! Sounds awesome! 

Yay for new TV! 

My last day is Friday. My replacement was supposed to start today. Nope. I guess she decided not to take the job..? This sucks for work. I feel bad. Maybe I'll offer to work half days until I leave. That'll give me some extra cash and them some more time. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Climbing, I cannot WAIT until I can hike on weekends!! Sounds awesome! 

Yay for new TV! 

My last day is Friday. My replacement was supposed to start today. Nope. I guess she decided not to take the job..? This sucks for work. I feel bad. Maybe I'll offer to work half days until I leave. That'll give me some extra cash and them some more time. 
    Oh shit, she just didn't show up? lol
  • Another case of the Monday's here.   I went to bed with a back ache and hoped I could sleep it off.   At 12:30 I was up taking one ibuprofen and at 1:30 I needed another.   Not the worst thing in the world but it made feeling rested that much harder.  

DH didn't go to bed until I finally fell asleep because he was "watching his stories".   Winter is here. 

We had a nice weekend and went to my parents' yesterday for birthday celebrations.   I had to laugh that of all the cake fillings, my dad went to the bakery and picked out a yellow cake with pineapple filling.    

How is this a thing?
  • My IUD removal gave me instant back pain.  I had a new one put in, but I was on the couch all day afterward.  So...take some ibuprofen beforehand and good luck.  ;) Oh and wear a pad, because you'll probably bleed soon after. 

I am draggging ass today.  None of us slept well last night.  

Our weekend was all right.  Saturday we were gone 10 hours for our nephew's bday party.  We drove FIL to and from, and he talked the entire car ride...both ways.  DH didn't have the luxury of being in the backseat with earbuds, like me.  ;) The party was fun.  

Yesterday, the weather sucked balls.  No snow, but rainy and cold all day.  I went to the store and then our friend came over with his kids so they could get their gear ready for the draft.  I cooked and hung out with them and refereed the kids a little bit.   They stayed for dinner.  And then last night it was all about Game of Thrones.  DH and I were both super excited and loved the premiere episode. 

We have a boy scout cake auction this week.  I hope the execution of my cake idea goes well.  :) 
  • Also a case of the Monday’s here. It’s snowing again. We had a huge storm last night that kept waking me up. The weekend was super busy and I didn’t feel rested at all. I’m going to need all the coffee today. 

Friday I stopped at happy hour then went over to my MIL’s. H’s sister and cousins were in town so we hung out Friday night. Saturday I bailed on brunch for my run (which sucked because I was tired and sore) and met them for dinner and painting/wine. I’m terrible at painting but good at drinking wine. 

Sunday I had a volunteer training then dinner down at my parents. It was busy and I’m exhausted. 

• Oh jeez @ShesSoCold, she could have at least let you guys know!  We had someone almost do that to us on e.  Called us on the Friday to let us know she accepted another job and wouldn't come in on that Monday.  It’s common courtesy. 
    @VarunaTT - state of the art TV’s are everything!
    @banana468, never had or heard of pineapple filling but there are very few cakes I’d turn down.  Gimme.

i didn’t sleep much either.  Between work shit and my stupid meetup drama shit I was up all night thinking.

some dude in my group pissed me off.  I started a discussion and asked how many people would be interested in attending a certain place but it was far away and would need planning time.  Just wanted to get my feelers out on who would go.
    he answered that him and “his lady” would.  His words.  Not mine. Then like a day later was like “why are we going in circles on this?” and I was like “I don't think its enough time”.  Then his next message was a head count on who would go and that he already booked hotels Sunday through Tuesday and I’m like “for Sunday - Tue?” Thats not going to work for everyone”.  THEN he gave me attitude about organizing something that I didn't do research on. 
    I politely told him nothing was concrete.  If it was, I would have made it an actual meet up event and not a discussion which was just a poll.  He pissed me off so on so many comments that I banned him and his girlfriend since I have no time for his lip AND him taking control of my group.  I got a nasty letter from his girlfriend once they found out.  I was literally like “kthanksbyyyyyye”.  I was just awake all night thinking about the next meet ups and events I was going to plan to make it a great group and prove them wrong! 

• @ShesSoCold, you have a case of the Mondays, but at least it is your last Monday for awhile!  (unless you do half days, until leaving).

I got a job once where I was the "second pick".  Because the "first pick" showed up on her first day and, after filling out the new hire paperwork, was told she couldn't start until she showed them her state-issued ID/license or passport.  She gave some excuse that she had misplaced her license and said she would go to the DMV and come back.  She never came back, lol.  Or returned their phone calls.

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry you're already having issues with the meetup group you formed :(.  Don't let that jerk get in your head!  I'm sure most of the members are great.

I also have an extra bad case of the Mondays.  As usual, I'd stayed up too late on Fri. and Sat.  So then I couldn't get to bed on Sun. at a reasonable time.  Less than 5 hours of sleep.  Ugh.  To make matters worse, I agreed to complete an emergency dining shop for one of my mystery shopping schedulers.  My H and I really like the restaurant.  But now I have to turn around and leave the house again when I get home from work.  Probably won't get back home until 8:30-9:00.

But, on the bright side, it's a short week for me!  I work today, tomorrow, and then a half day on Wed.  When I get off work, we're driving to Panama City, FL!  We have a condo overlooking the Gulf.  We love our trips out there.  It is so mellow and relaxing.

I'm going to try and set up an appointment with a real estate agent out there.  I've heard vacation homes aren't great investments because of the high PM and HOA fees, but I've never checked that out myself.  If I still plan to stay in NOLA, I definitely want to buy one in that area when I retire from my W-2 job, which should be in the next few years (crossing fingers).  But, if it will cash flow as well or better than something I'd buy locally for the same money, then it only makes sense to jump sooner!  Muhahaha.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ShesSoCold, you have a case of the Mondays, but at least it is your last Monday for awhile!  (unless you do half days, until leaving).

I got a job once where I was the "second pick".  Because the "first pick" showed up on her first day and, after filling out the new hire paperwork, was told she couldn't start until she showed them her state-issued ID/license or passport.  She gave some excuse that she had misplaced her license and said she would go to the DMV and come back.  She never came back, lol.  Or returned their phone calls.

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry you're already having issues with the meetup group you formed :(.  Don't let that jerk get in your head!  I'm sure most of the members are great.

I also have an extra bad case of the Mondays.  As usual, I'd stayed up too late on Fri. and Sat.  So then I couldn't get to bed on Sun. at a reasonable time.  Less than 5 hours of sleep.  Ugh.  To make matters worse, I agreed to complete an emergency dining shop for one of my mystery shopping schedulers.  My H and I really like the restaurant.  But now I have to turn around and leave the house again when I get home from work.  Probably won't get back home until 8:30-9:00.

But, on the bright side, it's a short week for me!  I work today, tomorrow, and then a half day on Wed.  When I get off work, we're driving to Panama City, FL!  We have a condo overlooking the Gulf.  We love our trips out there.  It is so mellow and relaxing.

I'm going to try and set up an appointment with a real estate agent out there.  I've heard vacation homes aren't great investments because of the high PM and HOA fees, but I've never checked that out myself.  If I still plan to stay in NOLA, I definitely want to buy one in that area when I retire from my W-2 job, which should be in the next few years (crossing fingers).  But, if it will cash flow as well or better than something I'd buy locally for the same money, then it only makes sense to jump sooner!  Muhahaha.  
    This sounds devine!  And I’m not really a beach person. I just don’t want the weather I have now. 

• Another case of the Mondays here. It’s not snowing, but it is rainy and cold. 

Saturday I distributed food bags, went to my book discussion, scheduled some more events for my meetup, went to the library to pick up some books, and met with my sponsor. My writing group was cancelled because the facilitator got called into work last-minute.

Yesterday I cleaned the house and did some major reorganizing. I am very proud of the job I did. I also did some laundry. 

This sounds devine!  And I’m not really a beach person. I just don’t want the weather I have now. 
    While we do like the beach also, we actually spend the majority of the time sitting on our balcony.  Just hanging out and looking over the water.  Often with a mimosa or MY version of a strawberry margarita.

Sugar-free mix, tequila, and frozen strawberries used instead of ice.  It's a lot lower in carbs/calories because of the sugar-free mix...though the strawberries add a good bit back in.  But substituting frozen strawberries instead of ice makes it the best ever, lol!

I've tried other frozen fruits over the years but, unless I add a similar juice, strawberries have been the only fruit I've found that can hold up their flavor without adding juice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Healing vibes @banana468 and @ShesSoCold.  What kind of group @CharmedPam?  Doesn't sound like your average friend group so I'm curious.  Yay for the short week @short+sassy !

I have a short week too.  Schools are closed for Easter and Passover from this Thursday and all next week.  My kids counted the days off on our calendar- eleven.  I'm just hoping we have some nice weather, I really like to keep them outside.  I have a case of the Mondays too- work is crazy and I had a nonstop weekend.
  • SSC I think that would be a good offer for you to make since it does mean extra $$ for you which is nice. I would think they'd be happy to take you up on it. We were supposed to have a new person start today but last Monday she rescinded her acceptance. I assume her current job gave her a better deal

CharmedPam - what kind of group is it? That sucks that someone was being a jerk and trying to take over. No time for people like that!

Nothing much for me. Took Thursday and Friday off as me days. Thursday was nice - did some shopping and got a massage. Friday we dropped my car off for recall work and they kept it alllllll day even though it was only like an hour worth of work needed! I was so pissed. I could have used my H's car but was just annoyed by it all and wanting to be available when it was done so I basically wasted that day. 

This week I need to organize stuff for a kids consignment sale next week. I sell stuff for my brother and luckily most of it is stuff that didn't sell in the fall so it is already tagged and ready to go. I just need to tag maybe 30 pieces he gave me this weekend. I'm trying to sell them on FB first since can sell a bit cheaper that way vs having to mark up prices since consignment place gets a cut. He's happy with any $$ so I know he doesn't care too much. Will also add some stuff of baby B's although the majority I've sold on FB already
  • Weekend was ok.  Another one where I'm sick.  This time its just allergies and I'm feeling much better today than I did on Friday.  I'm hoping with our giant rain storm that came through last night most of the pollen is out of the air.  I slept crappy Friday, Saturday and last night, so I'm hoping that turns around and I get a better night's sleep tonight.  Last night was mostly the severe thunderstorms that rolled through around 3:30 AM.  The one clap of thunder was so loud, the baby monitor popped on!  Thankfully DD sleeps very soundly and it didn't bother her!

Saturday H and did a few things around the house.  We also went to Church.  It was the Passion, which is the longest gospel of the year, but DD did great and stayed mostly quiet during it.  She did give a loud "ELMO!" while we were looking at books during the homily! 

Sunday we were up a bit earlier than usual, since we had our first contractor out to give us estimates on siding.  He gave us some good news/bad news, good news is that the window we want removed to put in a sliding door, is the exact width of a standard sliding door.  The bad news was that all of our windows are missing wood trim under the flashing.  So that is something that, if we want it done correctly, will need to get added to all of the windows before the new flashing gets put back on.  We have to wait for all the quotes to come in anyway, to see if we can even afford the sliding door - since that is a want and the siding is a need.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The weekend was exhausting here too. Saturday we had 4 soccer games and a baseball practice. We were all done by 330 though so we grilled out and ate s’mores and hung around out ther all night.

You couldn't look look at my husband without laughing though. He was in the sun all day and got a little pink. THEN he went for a haircut. Y’all he had a line right across the middle of his forehead. 

Sunday we had 5 games. I also hung a picture in m2s room and bought her new shelves  

I’ve been I’ve been busting my butt since 530 am- hour workout, hour of work, cleaned bathrooms, stripped beds,cleaned the kitchen and hall floors, dusted and vacuumed the rest of the first floor, and folded laundry. 

I need to grab a quick shower, get Disney gift cards, hit the grocery, make the beds, do a little more work, and be at church by 4 to teach. Whew. 
  • Weekend was ok.  Another one where I'm sick.  This time its just allergies and I'm feeling much better today than I did on Friday.  I'm hoping with our giant rain storm that came through last night most of the pollen is out of the air.  I slept crappy Friday, Saturday and last night, so I'm hoping that turns around and I get a better night's sleep tonight.  Last night was mostly the severe thunderstorms that rolled through around 3:30 AM.  The one clap of thunder was so loud, the baby monitor popped on!  Thankfully DD sleeps very soundly and it didn't bother her!

Saturday H and did a few things around the house.  We also went to Church.  It was the Passion, which is the longest gospel of the year, but DD did great and stayed mostly quiet during it.  She did give a loud "ELMO!" while we were looking at books during the homily! 

Sunday we were up a bit earlier than usual, since we had our first contractor out to give us estimates on siding.  He gave us some good news/bad news, good news is that the window we want removed to put in a sliding door, is the exact width of a standard sliding door.  The bad news was that all of our windows are missing wood trim under the flashing.  So that is something that, if we want it done correctly, will need to get added to all of the windows before the new flashing gets put back on.  We have to wait for all the quotes to come in anyway, to see if we can even afford the sliding door - since that is a want and the siding is a need.

FWIW, I put new windows on my personal home a few years ago.  They also needed to replace most of the rotted wood trim going on.  I was actually just glad it was part of their service, because I knew it was sorely needed.

At that point in time, I wasn't doing anything else.  Just the windows.  So I used a company called Window World (they're national).  They're famous for their any size windows, including installation, are $197.  They charged me (I think) an additional $45/window to replace the trim.  Though they didn't replace with wood...that would have been insanely expensive and not something they do...they replaced with vinyl.  While I'm generally not a fan of vinyl, I was surprised how much fresh window trim spruced up the exterior. 

For a different home project, we cut out a good-sized piece of our back bedroom wall to put in French doors that led out to our...not built yet...deck.  It was hilarious because our house is 2.5' off the ground.  So, don't step down, lol!  But we got away with only a few hundred dollars in labor because my H was part of the labor along with our handyman.  For the deck, my H built that himself!  I was really impressed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was at my review all weekend long. The review itself was exhausting, but going out for dinner at new places every night was fun. Last night we had FSIL and FBIL over to watch GOT and it was fun. We had a bonfire too although that was less fun. It was the first one of the year and we have morning glory growing over the pergola so there was like a constant waterfall of spiders trying to escape the smoke. It was awful for me. Hopefully they’ve learned their lesson and the next bonfire will be more spider free. 

Today is laundry, studying, and rewriting a paper. My teacher decided my paper wasn’t good enough and she told me I had to add extra things in for it to be acceptable. Things that were not in the syllabus. She did the same thing to my friend. I’m so angry. Now I can only get a max of 80% on the paper. If she doesn’t at least give me that I’ll be going to the Dean. I’d go now except I’m worried about her being passive aggressive and failing me out of spite, which is a real possibility. I only have two weeks left. Just let me pass in peace JFC. I need to graduate so I can escape this constant rage. 

• Thanks, guys.  It’s a travel meetup.  
    Sorry you spent the weekend sick @oliveoilsmom.  
    @levioosa.  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  I woulda RAN

• The Notre Dame fire is making me sad.
  • Me too @flantastic.  I haven’f read an article yet saying what has caused it.  Has anyone?

• Ugh. I have a toothache and a headache on top of my other aches and pains. I need to book a dentist appointment.
  • Me too @flantastic.  I haven’f read an article yet saying what has caused it.  Has anyone?
    I see that they just opened an investigation and that this was under construction.   Other than that I'm not finding anything.

What a start to Holy Week.    I am trying to put a positive spin on this in my mind that Jesus rose and our faith will survive but this is a rough start to the week. 
  • banana468 said:
    Me too @flantastic.  I haven’f read an article yet saying what has caused it.  Has anyone?
    I see that they just opened an investigation and that this was under construction.   Other than that I'm not finding anything.

What a start to Holy Week.    I am trying to put a positive spin on this in my mind that Jesus rose and our faith will survive but this is a rough start to the week. 
    My sister the architecture/interior design major visited last year while studying abroad. I'm the one who informed her it was happening. Seeing this both through my own eyes, which would be sad over any church burning, and hers, focused on the history and the architecture.

The bells tolled for the 2015 attack, and basically every major celebration and tragedy of Paris. This is just such a part of France.
    It's pretty gut wrenching.  Both for historic and religious reasons.  I was horrified when I saw the pics.  

Plus it's not just the fire that destroys.  The water to put the fire out does a lot of damage also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    It's pretty gut wrenching.  Both for historic and religious reasons.  I was horrified when I saw the pics.  

Plus it's not just the fire that destroys.  The water to put the fire out does a lot of damage also.
    I just saw one report on twitter that the entire frame was enflamed and firefighters were trying to get the art out now. Sounds like a massive, massive loss. 

Ugh Palm Sunday was our loudest service of the year. My congregation is not large and I go to the formal early morning traditional service (there’s a lively family service later in the day). There are usually a couple kids and they make some noise but whatever that’s normal and fine. But during the passion reading it was sheer mayhem. 5 kids running and shouting and moving furniture. To the point where the rest of us literally could not hear the reading. I just don’t get parents sitting in a pew and ignoring this and I’m still grumpy about it.