Wedding Woes

Randoms

13»

Re: Randoms

• The only thing I have ever really used Pinterest for was when DD was planning her wedding and then when she was pregnant. She had private boards where she would invite me and we could share ideas. It was a lot easier than sending links via text, and everything was kept in one place. She now has house decorating boards that she shares with me. That way if I see something I think she'll like, I can post it. Or she can easily get my opinion on something. I agree that recipes are too hard to keep track of on there.
  • Pinterest is the 3rd most used app on my phone, lol.  I love it so much.  Also I use it too often as a time-waster app to just scroll through random crap while we're watching tv or i'm waiting for an appointment or something.  
  • I use Pinterest a lot for saving drag costume inspo pictures and recipes. I also have a "I Actually Did This Pin" board.  :smiley:

I have a sad.  My "memories" timeline is starting to show the signs of Pride Page and events waking up for the city with my cross posts and announcements for the last 3 years.  I just keep thinking how much it's been screwed up already by moving it to October.  I don't think the feeling is I miss it (especially b/c last year, my personal timeline was already showing the stress of that not paid job), so much as I had really wanted to leave this event in a solid state and in good hands and I wasn't able to do either.  I know I didn't fail and I've had people I really respect tell me that I'll be remembered as having thrown the best Prides our city ever had.  I just want it to still be as great and I don't think it will.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I remembered one of my "randoms" over the weekend for Amazon reviews.
    Now, I love me some Amazon reviews!  I have saved myself from wasting a lot of money.  But here are my two eyerolls on them:

--Don't write a review that's along the lines of "I got it, but haven't tried it yet".  A bonus negative point if the review also adds that they'll "update" after they've tried it.  Oh, Amazon reviewer.  You and I both know you'll never update, lol.

--Taking stars off because the reviewer didn't read the description;  And even KNOW they made a mistake and didn't read the description, but takes stars off anyway.  Case in point.  I was looking up sugar-free cappuccino mix this weekend.  For one of the options available, a reviewer had one-star.

Their complaint? The item had Splenda in it.  Which they've heard is unhealthy.  So they threw both of the containers out.  Not only is it stated in the description that this item is sweetened with Splenda, but the little Splenda label is actually on the front, left corner of the product.  And there is a pic of the product in the ad.  Plus, all artificial sweeteners have some kind of bad press.  Splenda has less than most.  So what exactly did they think the cappuccino was sweetened with anyway, smh.
    Comments and reviews on recipes are the same way and probably as annoying. People give 5 stars and the comment is "looks great! Can't wait to try!" or one star and "Ugh. Heavy cream is NOT healthy! Won't be making!" on like a recipe called "Mega Decadent Diet Out The Door Cream Pasta". Also the people who make a recipe COMPLETELY different than the recipe and rate that.

I cook a lot of new recipes and I review some to help others. A LOT of Food Network recipes are WAY over complicated and I'll review them and say what I did differently, but I always rate based on the actual recipe itself. 
    Preach sis.  My salsa verde recipe is published on a fairly popular recipe site, and it drives me crazy when the recipe loses a star or two because "it lacks the flavor salsa verde at restaurants has.  I skipped broiling the tomatillos but otherwise followed the recipe.."  RIGHT. The char is an important part.  Follow the recipe and then review :D
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited April 2019
    Oh!  Got one.

i find it funny when I see on my facebook feed a bunch of pictures of my friends with flawless skin..... And then when they do a live video, they look nothing like the 100+ filtered photos they posted.   :D

edit: i am guilty of opening up facetune app to smooth out my under eye bags, but that’s IT.

also, I’m just sitting here waiting for the stupid snapchat mouse/rabbit/dog/cat filter craze to end. 

• I use Pinterest a lot. I am in charge of a VBS Training for my state Association and I find most of my inspiration there, I have to make decorations for a stage plus multiple rooms, no way I could do that without ideas. I also use it for birthday party ideas. I really need to start looking at recipes more.
  • Oh!  Got one.

i find it funny when I see on my facebook feed a bunch of pictures of my friends with flawless skin..... And then when they do a live video, they look nothing like the 100+ filtered photos they posted.   :D

edit: i am guilty of opening up facetune app to smooth out my under eye bags, but that’s IT.

also, I’m just sitting here waiting for the stupid snapchat mouse/rabbit/dog/cat filter craze to end. 

omg yes, the snapchat filters!!!  The puppy one and the glasses one need to die.
  • Oh!  Got one.

That reminds me of a Southpark episode.  One of the little girls photoshops herself to look really hot, including giving herself a Barbie doll-like figure with big boobs.  And the little boys start crushing on her, even though they know what she looks like in real life.  It's like they suddenly only see her as her photoshopped image, even when she is standing in front of them.  So all the other little girls, except Wendy (until the end), photoshop themselves.

Wendy, as usual, is the reasonable child who keeps trying to underline the moral point of the episode.  That it's not real.  And it's wrong because it is setting girls up to fail.  That even super models and celebrities don't really look like their photos, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited April 2019
    Casadena said:
    Oh!  Got one.

omg yes, the snapchat filters!!!  The puppy one and the glasses one need to die.
    We know we’ve gone to far when news stations are using those snapchat photos.  Like, they will post pictures of the deceased and use those. I’ve seen it 2 or 3 times now. So disrespectful.  Family members: that was the ONLY photo of them you could find?
    in some cases, maybe. 

Wish I saw that ep, S+S, I’ll catch south park from time to time. 

• Oh!  Got one.

I read this as “I’m here waiting for the stupid Snapchat rabid-dog filter to end” and I was like woah, that is not a filter I was aware of. 

• edited April 2019
    Casadena said:
    Oh!  Got one.

We know we’ve gone to far when news stations are using those snapchat photos.  Like, they will post pictures of the deceased and use those. I’ve seen it 2 or 3 times now. So disrespectful.  Family members: that was the ONLY photo of them you could find?
    in some cases, maybe. 

Wish I saw that ep, S+S, I’ll catch south park from time to time. 
    Wait, what? That is so tacky!

I am so over Snapchat filters for adults. Kids and teens, NBD, have fun. But when I was single and doing online dating, I hated Snapchat filters. Why would you hide your face from someone you presumably want a relationship (or at least some good times) with?
  • I was watching the news a couple weeks ago and they were showing one of those stupid filter pictures of a missing child. Really? This picture of a 6-year-old with rabbit ears, gigantic eyeballs, glasses and freckles that probably looks NOTHING like the actual child, is the picture you choose? FFS! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

• I am so over Snapchat filters for adults. Kids and teens, NBD, have fun. But when I was single and doing online dating, I hated Snapchat filters. Why would you hide your face from someone you presumably want a relationship (or at least some good times) with?
    I was watching the news a couple weeks ago and they were showing one of those stupid filter pictures of a missing child. Really? This picture of a 6-year-old with rabbit ears, gigantic eyeballs, glasses and freckles that probably looks NOTHING like the actual child, is the picture you choose? FFS! 
    I legit don’t understand those last two.  If I saw a good prospect while searching a profile and we matched 100% on everything - yet ONE picture was of a snapchat - I’d swipe (whatever direction means no... have never been on tinder).

• I'm so happy this is 3 pages.:)
    I avoided it because I thought it was just a random daily thread from last week on a day I didn't check in.  oops