Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday? Prudie Day? Mueller Report Day?

What’s going on today? 

I’m super cranky and in pain because my tooth broke last night. I was flossing and a piece of my tooth just broke off. I’m waiting for my dentist to get back to me on when I can come in and get it checked. 

Hopefully everyone is having a better day than I am currently having. 

Re: Thursday? Prudie Day? Mueller Report Day?

• Options
    Oh no, @charlotte989875! I would be so disconcerted too. Hopefully it’s an easy repair. 

I’m studying for my final today and doing stuff around the house. So nothing very exciting. I’m meeting FSIL later at the gym and we’re doing intervals on the cardio machines. My lungs are already scared. 

I can already tell I’m going to be annoyed with the redacted mueller report. 

• Options
    Barr is trying to be as exhausting as his boss.  JFC

Yesterday was crazy.  I was in the office.  I decorated DefConn's boy scout cake for the dessert auction(they tried to help, but mostly he wanted to eat the decorations and DH and I are so bad at bickering during projects).  And I saw a hawk in action hunt, capture, and eat a bunny in our neighbor's backyard. 

Re: the office.  The day was good.  Decent socializing, good face time with my boss, the town hall was all right.  Also, I uncovered a pretty huge system issue.  All in a day's work, LOL.  

My co-worker is retiring in 3 weeks and she's in her 80's.  Her husband suffered a brain bleed a few years ago and he's recovered all right (he's quite a few years younger than her).  I was asking her how he was.  She was all, "Physically, he's recovered. But he still gets confused a lot, but he can take care of himself and he even drives!  I mean, he's always come home every time he's went out, so that's good."  *shrug*  It was so matter of fact, it was hilarious and a little savage.  I love her. 

The cake turned out OK.  It definitely didn't rise to "Nailed It" levels of fail, but it's definitely not pinterest perfection.  LOL  Maybe I'll post a pic later. 

Re: the hawk.  I came home from getting dinner and was getting out of the car, and I see this bunny booking it from our yard to our neighbor's and then out of nowhere this hawk swoops down.  DH was weed-eating behind our barn and had scared the bunny.  He was trying to wave at me and I'm yelling at him over the noise and pointing to the hawk.  Nature in action, yo.  It seemed like my neighbors were gone, but I was worried about them letting their dog out and not seeing the hawk and then that scene would have been ugly.  But the hawk ate undisturbed...he didn't take his food to go, heh. 

I did come home to flowers and a clean kitchen after work.  DH worked from home yesterday.  <3  

Tonight we have the dessert auction.  Tomorrow and Saturday, the weather tanks and I have to get my shit together to do Easter baskets for my kids and my nephews.  We're going to my parent's house. 

We are starting to ramp up with events over the next 3 months, plus our trips and FIL trying to move to our side of town.  It's going to be insanity. 
  • Options

Charlotte - I hope you can get some relief quick!  H did that last year, but it was a temporary cap - not his actual tooth!  We need a crown for it, but we are trying to wait until later in the year.  I hope you don't need anything like that!

I had a blast with DD yesterday.  She is at such a fun age, where she can also do things on her own.  I left a smidge early from the office and made such great time over to daycare, I decided to stop at Shop Rite first, so I could quickly grab the 3 things I needed.  Then I picked up DD and got one of her great "Mommy!" welcomes with a running hug.  We went home and I heated up a ready to eat  meal.  She ate her mac n cheese & pulled pork slider like a boss!  She ate half of the slider and asked for fruit snacks.  She ate so well, I was fine with the amount she had.  So I started feeding her fruit snacks.  Midway through the pack, she asked for her plate again and took another bite of the slider!  Oh kid!  Then she finished the fruit snacks.

After, we went outside to play.  Then it was tubby time for DD.  She went to bed happy and sleepy.  H still wasn't home, so I took advantage of the alone time with a nice bath.

This morning I made a batch of bobka.  I will have to do a little work with it when I get home, let it rise again and bake it off.  I overcooked my last batch (by setting the oven wrong) and it was such a bummer, I barely even ate it.  I'm going to be more attentive when baking this batch!

I'm off tomorrow, Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all those who celebrate WWs!

• Options
    I don't think the report or Barr's release is going to move the needle at all.   I think those firmly taking a side aren't swayed.   

People are starting to take time off which makes my day really quiet.   I've had some contentious conference calls with customers this week and if they've started vacations I'm looking forward to their silence. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    So, IDK how or why, but K's professor got involved and they are withdrawn from the problem class and it is clear sailing!  This means one extra semester and a few changes in "after graduation plans", but nothing super big.  I'm so relieved.  K said they felt like they could breathe again.  And they're still sticking with the LoA from derby to concentrate on the classes they have left.

I'm so ready for a my float trip on Saturday.  I'm struggling with motivation at work and my period is just making me so tired right now.  I need some suntime funtime.
    Just in my experience as a professor oftentimes we could make things happen a lot quicker and smoother than advisors or admins could. A few times all I needed to do was an email acknowledgment and a student could be withdrawn, even after the withdrawal deadlines. 

Hope you have q great time on the float!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It’s supposed to start storming here. I’m hoping it cancels practice tonight. Wot and grocery are done for the next hour. I’m giving myself permission to sit on my ass. After my next call I might sit on my ass some more. 

I do need to boil some eggs and make some good at some point. 
  • Options

I want to dye Easter eggs with DD.  But none of us eat hard boiled eggs.  Does anyone here thing it would be an insane idea to have a 2 year old help dye unboiled eggs???  That way we would at least still eat them at some point in time!

Please raise your hand, if you think I'm crazy!

• Options
    I think you’re fine @OliveOilsMom.  Just teach her to be gentle with it.  
    Ouch @charlotte989875.  That blows!
    @mrsconn23, that is SUPER sweet of H. I would prefer that over the dozens of rando gifts he’s getting me lately.  DO things for me dude, don’t buy junk for me! Its cheap auction junk. He discovered top hatter. 

I’m currently looking for a new therapist since the one I’ve been going to is leaving her practice.  Boo. It’s linda overwhelming trying to chose who is a hood fit over “paper”. 

People in my office can’t fill the kureg when it says “add water”.  Ok.  That’s cool.  They also cant fill the brita filter next to it to load it.  Lazy ass coworkers.  And I know the culprits by the coffee they drink! 

• Options

I want to dye Easter eggs with DD.  But none of us eat hard boiled eggs.  Does anyone here thing it would be an insane idea to have a 2 year old help dye unboiled eggs???  That way we would at least still eat them at some point in time!

Sounds like an adventure! 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

A dozen eggs is like $1. Consider it cheap entertainment. If you don’t want the waste maybe blow them out first? They’d still be fragile but not messy. 
  • Options
    You're definitely going to break some eggs in the process but if you're fine with that knock yourself out.

Or rather than go w/ the PAAS egg kids do cool dying like in shaving cream.  
  • Options
    OliveOilsMom we used to blow them out when we were kids then we could keep them for a while. Just use a needle to poke holes in both ends and then use a straw to blow from one side...
  • Options
    Tonight 'm going to my neighbor/friend's house just to chat and catch up. We both get busy and haven't seen each other in a while. I am going to bring the baby and leave H to put the toddler to bed. Tomorrow I am off work but not sure what we are doing yet, Easter we are having the inlaws over for brunch and then heading to my parents for dinner. I actually have had my easter baskets ready for over a month. Lol. I wanted to make sure I had them taken care of before I went back to work so I had 1 less thing to worry about.
  • Options
    Stupid training is getting in the way of my dicking off at work all day. 

My replacement knows more about this job than both the producer and I. She's going to do fine. The only thing I worry about is the producer making her do TOO much, but not my problem! 

Last night we went to dinner with my family. Well, my sister and my dad. My brother is awful and we're not close with his family. He said he went to the wrong restaurant. I didn't believe my dad that he told my brother the correct restaurant (we were at Salerno's while my brother was at Sorrento's, so very similar names and easy for an old guy to confuse) but he even showed me the text saying "Salerno's". I don't think my brother went anywhere and called my dad from his couch saying "We're at Sorrento's!", knowing we weren't there. Oh well! He's always done shit like this and I've learned not to expect anything from him. My dad, however, has not. 

H has to jump through hoops to see his mom while she's in town, which is pissing me off but I'm trying not to let him see it. So he's driving like an hour to meet her and her friends for dinner tonight. Thankfully Edna is home so I can't go - gotta watch the dog!! :D
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Sorry about your tooth, @charlotte989875! Hope you’re able to see the dentist soon.

Nice, quiet, productive day. I just hope it’s not the calm before the storm. I spent my break tinkering with my resume. I decided job hunting (and catching up on everything else I have to do) is the best way to spend my Saturday. I will have to go grocery shopping at some point to get stuff to take to my parents’.