Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

I know there are fans so I thought I'd start a new thread. I see my DVR has some episodes of "90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After" recorded but I can't figure out if they are a new show or just recaps of the past. Anyone know if/when new episodes start?

Re: 90 Day fiance

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    There is a new episode that aired on Sunday (I think).  It is like 3 hours long!!  I believe there is also a new episode of a spin off called 90 Day Fiance: Now What? (or something similar) that has Annie and David and a few other couples.  

My DVR also recorded a million "our continuing journey" and "extended" bs episodes.  

• New episodes started last Sunday! 

They also have something they're calling Pillow Talk that's airing on Monday that's like Bravo's People's Couch. It's old 90DF cast members watching the most recent episode. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Thanks - is the new episode new couples or is this following the most recent couples? I just hate that DVR records so many episodes that are like extended cut, super extended cut, etc so it is hard to figure out what is what. I'm glad it is back though

• It's Happily Ever after so it's following recent couples. Nicole and Azan, Ashley and Jay, Russ and Pao, Chantel and Pedro. I think they did a follow up with Molly towards the end but I fell asleep. 
  • I'd love to hear the updates on some of the couples, but I can't keep track anymore of which episode is which.  TLC went way too overboard with this one and I don' have the time or patience for 3 hours or repetitive arguing 

• I watched the "Happily Ever After: Now What?"...I think that's what it's called...the previous Sun., but not the one yesterday.  I haven't watched the Pillow Talk one, but have it recorded.  TBH, a lot of the episode was summaries of what had previously happened to these couples, though there was also new info.  Hopefully, going forward, they will keep it to just updates.

Quick recaps:

Nicole and Azan -- He never opened the store that they had used their, ie Nicole's, wedding money on.  No mention of what happened to the money.  But supposedly they're still together.

Ashley and Jay -- They're still very unhappy because of his Tindering a few days after the wedding.  Ashley doesn't know what to do.  He doesn't have anywhere to go if she kicks him out.  She makes it sound like they're over.

Russ and Pao -- Apparently there is more animosity than has been let on that Pao doesn't get along with Family Russ.  In the episode, they're still expecting, and Russ's mom wants to throw them a baby shower in OK.  Pao does not want to go, but Russ points out they haven't been there in two years.  Pao points out his parents have never bothered coming to visit them in Miami, either.  As an aside, they did have their baby last year.  A healthy boy.

Chantel and Pedro -- They were visiting Savannah.  Supposedly because Pedro wants to move there and get away from Family Chantel.  I was lmao because the opening scene was them at a rental showing for this beautiful, large home.  As if we're supposed to forget that this couple currently lives in a studio apartment to save money, while Chantel is still in school.  Chantel was her usual ridiculous, whiny brat self.  She actually had the nerve to compare her moving from Atlanta to Savannah, away from her family, to when Pedro moved from the DR to Atlanta, away from his family.  Comparison like it's exactly the same thing.  Girl!  Seriously?!?  OMG, you're not even leaving the state of GA, ffs.  But I think the whole "maybe" moving to Savannah is fake anyway.

David and Annie -- He finally has a job.  Though it seems like a p/t one.  He's teaching ESL classes and Annie is one of his students.  They're still living in the manager unit of that storage place his buddy owns.  That's the one that doesn't have a stove and Annie is still upset that she can't cook there.

Colt and Larissa -- Her court appearance is coming up and she's stressed about that.  She's treating Colt and his mom coldly, because of it.  She got in a fight with Colt at some point (before this season's filming) and flushed her wedding ring down the toilet.  Outside the show, word on the street is this couple has already filed for divorce.

Jonathan and Fernanda -- She is real unhappy living in some small town in NC and wants to move to Chicago.  Adding to the stress, his real estate career took a nose dive after the area suffered a hurricane/flood, because there isn't much inventory available to sell.  Funny enough, his family lives in Chicago.  Outside the show, this couple did break up in Jan. this year.  Primarily because Fernanda did move to Chicago for her "modeling/acting" career.  I think they have already filed for divorce also.     
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Thanks for the recap I still haven't watched but might eventually. I can't believe Ashley and Jay haven't filed for divorce after the tinder thing! Or maybe they have in real life but not the show? 
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    They have brought back way more couples this season.  Hopefully that helps with the monotonous and drawn-out plot lines.  

• kvrunskvruns member
    Im finally watching the Happily Ever after or whatever it is. 

Elizabeth and Andre - why doesn’t she work when he obviously can’t yet. You’re almost 30 and still living off your dad. But sure get a new place and have a baby with what money?!

Colt and Larissa - I’m laughing at the “I want Chanel” followed by how about $200 to spend each month. She’ll blow that in a day

Azan and whatever her name is - I’m surprised they still keep trying. I mean if he was just in it for the green card wouldn’t he have given up by now. Is this the longest con ever? 
  • debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    These people are pissing me off. If Andre is really the man of the house as he says, man up, get a job, support your family. Chantelle, stop sharing everything with your parents if you don’t want them to hate Pedro. Don’t follow him to the DR. Time apart can be good. Ashley stop prolonging the drama. You know you will never be happy with him. Nicole and Azan...I can’t even go there.
  • I'm not caught up yet, but Andrei is a fucking jerk. Just get a damn job already. It's all so ridiculous. They left that house that was rent free, yet still needed to borrow money to move. 

Chantel is annoying too. Agree that she needs to stop talking shit about Pedro to her family. I truly don't understand how they are still together. They constantly seem miserable. 
  • Chantel and Pedro -- Chantel's family are some really awful, xenophobic, intolerant people.  As such, I used to be strongly on Team Pedro. But he has been a jerk and really cold to Chantel for the last few episodes.  And the whole "I'm going to the DR and don't know when or if I'm coming back" attitude is really sh***y.  I've seen a few commercials that there is going to be a new reality show called The Family Chantel about just them.  OMG, really now?  As much as I love 90DF, oh HELL no.  I enjoy the Chantel/Pedro drama in snippets.  No way would I watch a whole show, lol.

Ashley and Jay -- She is so ridiculous.  I get it.  You're mad at Jay.  But the constant snarkiness and passive-aggressive b.s. isn't helpful for anything.  Either try counseling or forgive/forget/move on or end it.  But living in limbo is destroying both of them.

Elizabeth and Andre -- Please join us back in reality.  And not to be confused with equally immature couple, Kalani and Asuelu.  Who also can't grow TF up and get off mommy/daddy's bankroll.  And also pregnant with a baby they can't afford, smh.  Here is my rant about them:

To be more exact, Elizabeth does have a job.  But it's working for her dad (I think) p/t.  Apparently couldn't be bothered to supplement that over the last year.  Andre CAN work now.  Has been able to for the last 6 months.  He even went to trucking school and finished.  I think they borrowed the money from her dad for that.

((Spoiler from a couple episodes ago)) He had an interview.  But pooh-poohed what he'd heard.  $750-$1,000/week was not enough money (eye roll) and he might be on the road for too long at a time.  In trucking?  Really?  Who would have ever guessed that//s.

So then he goes home and tells Elizabeth that...nah.  He's not really feeling the trucking.  What he really wants to do is fix/flip houses.  Never mind that the free rent was in exchange for him fixing some things up on that property and he never did it or never did all of it.  That's why the dad was mad and getting on them about it.

More sarcasm.  What a great idea, Andre.  Here are a few things it takes to fix/flip houses:  Money, income, good credit, and a lot of construction skills.  Of those four things, how many do you possess Elizabeth and Andre?   Oh, ZERO.  Good luck with that.  I suppose Elizabeth could have good credit.  But I doubt it.  Andre hasn't been in the US long enough to have any.  And all of that is a moot point anyway if they don't have down payment money for a loan or any income to make the monthly loan payments while they are in the fixing/flipping process.

But the dad, the DAD is the one who I especially just couldn't believe.  Andre refuses to live in the free house provided by her dad because he's tired of the dad holding it over him.  So the dad actually loans Elizabeth money...in secret...for the security deposit and rent at ANOTHER place.  Oh HELL no.

And, see Elizabeth?  This is the problem when you marry misogynist and let him call the shots.  Girl, pregnant or not, you should have called his bluff.  It's so stupid and bizarre you didn't.  Like, "Fine Andre, you go find another place to live with no money.  I'm ready to go when you do.  In the meantime, I'll be waiting for you right here." 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2019

And, see Elizabeth?  This is the problem when you marry misogynist and let him call the shots.  Girl, pregnant or not, you should have called his bluff.  It's so stupid and bizarre you didn't.  Like, "Fine Andre, you go find another place to live with no money.  I'm ready to go when you do.  In the meantime, I'll be waiting for you right here." 

Yup, and that's it in a nutshell. I was shocked that the ingrate, Andre, insisted on moving out of the rent free, provided by her dad, home and Elizabeth went along with it. She should have told him to let her know when he found a place he could afford with no income. This whole family is foolish, including Daddy, who should have said NO.

I keep hoping that Nicole's mother will ask for  custody of little May and give her some stability until Nicole gets over Azan. C'mon, how stupid can Nicole be? I wonder where she'll get the money to pay for the trip to Grenada. Airfare, alone, from Morocco must be up there. Obviously, the temp agency is not interested in finding work for her. That interview was hilarious. 

The only participant that I like, of all the couples shown so far, is Pao. I think she is smart to stay away from OK, for now, at least. Her ILs have not played nicely. And it pisses me off that the mother thinks that not being accustomed to Pao's customs, way of life, is a good enough excuse to reject her. That is, until there is a grandbaby on the way. Russ loves Pao, but he can be a real jerk sometimes. Telling his mom about his job offer in OK, and not Pao, is a case in point. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Oh gosh a Family Chantel show?? That sounds horrible and makes me wonder how much of the drama has just been for ratings. 

Colt snd Larissa are just annoying me on this episode (more than normal). Colt’s voice is just odd like he’s enunciating and sounding so fake asking about her day, talking about their date etc. plus they’re broken up in real life, right?
  • kvruns said:
    Oh gosh a Family Chantel show?? That sounds horrible and makes me wonder how much of the drama has just been for ratings. 

Colt snd Larissa are just annoying me on this episode (more than normal). Colt’s voice is just odd like he’s enunciating and sounding so fake asking about her day, talking about their date etc. plus they’re broken up in real life, right?
    I know exactly what you are talking about!  That was so weird.  At first it crossed my mind that he might even be acting passive-aggressive or patronizing her.    But it went on for so long I decided that wasn't it.  So then I was wondering if he was reading off of cue cards and wasn't able to do it more naturally.

Yeah, they are broken up in real life now.  I don't think they've actually filed for divorce yet.  But I'm sure that is coming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have any of you all been watching the Pillow Talk show?  Where other 90DF couples/people hang out in bed watching the previous night's show.

I like it better than I thought I would.  It's fun to hear the 90DF people gossiping about the other couples and making a lot of the same comments we do.

Though the show has some weird obsession with food, lol.  Popcorn/snacks/drinks...sure!  That's exactly how I like to watch 90DF shows.  But full meals...chicken wings, Chinese, sushi, etc...in bed?  Noooooo.  In fact, in one of the shows, Annie had a hot plate on her nightstand and was even cooking their dinner while she was in bed!  Way too bizarre.  That's a double no, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have any of you all been watching the Pillow Talk show?  Where other 90DF couples/people hang out in bed watching the previous night's show.

I like it better than I thought I would.  It's fun to hear the 90DF people gossiping about the other couples and making a lot of the same comments we do.

Though the show has some weird obsession with food, lol.  Popcorn/snacks/drinks...sure!  That's exactly how I like to watch 90DF shows.  But full meals...chicken wings, Chinese, sushi, etc...in bed?  Noooooo.  In fact, in one of the shows, Annie had a hot plate on her nightstand and was even cooking their dinner while she was in bed!  Way too bizarre.  That's a double no, lol.
    I only watched this last week. I usually delete the numerous extended episodes cos I can’t be bothered but this one was pretty funny.  They repeat so much of what I say

I don't know why I found Pillow Talk  so entertaining. I couldn't stand Darcy when she was featured with Jesse. But she and her sister are hilarious together with their commentary. Tariq and Dean are fun to watch with their little side challenges of push-ups and bicep curls.

I can't stand Chantel, Pedro and their families. All those people should just get away from each other.

I don't know why I found Pillow Talk  so entertaining. I couldn't stand Darcy when she was featured with Jesse. But she and her sister are hilarious together with their commentary. Tariq and Dean are fun to watch with their little side challenges of push-ups and bicep curls.

I can't stand Chantel, Pedro and their families. All those people should just get away from each other.
    I agree!  Darcy is so much more pleasant outside of Jessie's company.

I like the interplay between Tariq and Dean also.  Dean makes me laugh that he obviously has the hots for some of the 90DF women.  Chantel seems to be his biggest crush and he roots to the tv for her and Pedro to break up, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member

what is the update with Tariq and whatshername
  • kvruns said:

what is the update with Tariq and whatshername
    They have only been briefly discussed in (I think) only one episode. Supposedly they are still together and it sounded like her 90-Day FI visa has been applied for.  He went to an attorney to get a pre-nup prepared and was then nervous about how she would react.  They were video-chatting and she said to send it over, she'd sign it and can't wait to be with him.

In a different episode, his brother Dean apparently went to the Phillippines for a woman he'd met online and after two weeks, said he was in love and wasn't coming back to the U.S.  Tariq flipped out at the hypocrisy.  After all the s**t Dean had said about Tariq and his gal and how short a time they had known each other.

Yet, obviously Dean is hanging out in Pillow Talk episodes.  Which I'm assuming was filmed after all these episodes.  Even if it was just a little after.  Sooooo, more 90DF fake drama shenanigans, lol?

For a different couple update, Jenny and Larry got married in one of the episodes.  Though I am hugely side-eying him for buying an RV for them to permanently live-in.  Not a motor home.  A small RV.  I would be claustrophobic.

His son and mother have been super nice to her and very supportive.  Jenny was really sad her mom couldn't be there for the wedding.  Larry's mom was so understanding of that and offered to be with her that morning and help her get dressed.  It's been really nice to see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Did anyone start recording the new 90 Day version: The Other Way. I guess it is episodes like Nicole and Azan where the person is considering moving to the other country instead of the person coming to the US? I just happened to notice it so I set it to record but I'm not sure if it has actually started or not. 
  • I know I've seen commercials for it - I have no idea if it started yet. 
  • kvruns said:
    Did anyone start recording the new 90 Day version: The Other Way. I guess it is episodes like Nicole and Azan where the person is considering moving to the other country instead of the person coming to the US? I just happened to notice it so I set it to record but I'm not sure if it has actually started or not. 
    Not quite yet, the first episode is tonight (Mon. 6/3). I know there are a lot of slightly different 90DF series, but I am really excited for this one.

There will be 6 couples featured. 5 new ones and, unfortunately, one old one...Paul and Karine.  We already saw him living in Brazil.  They have already had so much coverage in multiple seasons.  Tired of them!  Plus they already ARE married.  I think for over a year.  So they really aren't fitting this category of "engaged couples...(usually) have to get married in 90 days, depending on the country", except it's Americans going to live overseas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Not quite yet, the first episode is tonight (Mon. 6/3). I know there are a lot of slightly different 90DF series, but I am really excited for this one.

There will be 6 couples featured. 5 new ones and, unfortunately, one old one...Paul and Karine.  We already saw him living in Brazil.  They have already had so much coverage in multiple seasons.  Tired of them!  Plus they already ARE married.  I think for over a year.  So they really aren't fitting this category of "engaged couples...(usually) have to get married in 90 days, depending on the country", except it's Americans going to live overseas.
    Why isn't Karine coming to the U.S? I thought he had a police record for harassing his ex, but that wouldn't prevent her from coming. Did she decide she didn't want to leave her family? Paul does not seem to be much in the common sense department. I don't see it going well for him in Brazil. 

• I also thought Karine was coming to the US. Maybe they're filming Paul traveling to Brazil for the birth?

Also, I follow some 90DF IG pages, and they were all posting a live IG from Karine showing her and Paul fighting. It was disturbing. 
  • I was surprised when Karine's parents supported that relationship. I thought they broke up and then Karine found out she was pregnant. So maybe they want to make sure he supports the baby. It's starting to come back to me now. He's the one who made insisted on several  pregnancy test to be sure she wasn't cheating on him. Super creepy. Yuck. 

• I was surprised when Karine's parents supported that relationship. I thought they broke up and then Karine found out she was pregnant. So maybe they want to make sure he supports the baby. It's starting to come back to me now. He's the one who made insisted on several  pregnancy test to be sure she wasn't cheating on him. Super creepy. Yuck. 
    Yes, indeed!  It is much worse than that.  He's been arrested for stalking (I think) twice...two different women, though I'm not sure he was convicted.  He was convicted and spent time in prison for arson.  When he set an ex-girlfriend's belongings on fire after she broke up with him.

There are also stories all over the Internet from a variety of women and various friends of his victims about his harassing, stalking, frightening, and emotionally abusive behavior.  Though I definitely take those kind of "who knows if they're true" forum posts with a major grain of salt.  I don't think I've come across a story where he actually physically assaulted someone, but he has supposedly made those kind of threats to former gf's.

One of the stories I remember was from (supposedly) a women who was friend's with one of his gf's.  The gf was terrified to leave him, but this friend talked her into it and offered her a safe haven in her home so she had somewhere to go.  Paul drove past the woman's house all the time and followed the gf all the time.  He threatened to kill the gf, if she didn't come back to him.  He also threatened to burn down the friend's house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm scared for Karine, then, if she comes to the states. Her English is limited and she is young and dependent. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    apparently I didn’t finish the second half of the last episode. I totally forgot who Larry was, I was thinking it was someone else. I can’t imagine living in that tiny RV/ 5th wheel. Yikes