Wedding Woes

Wednesday

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited May 2019 in Wedding Woes
Not running Pridefest (and it being moved) has led me to having the gayest June in years.  :D  I have tickets to Ani Difranco and we're seeing 2 of the biggest drag kings in the nation in May and June and hitting up a big city pride to be in their balloon parade.  I'm starting to get really excited.

Other than that, today is SSDD.  I've been trying to pull myself out of my funk, so I've started a daily goals list.  It's small and manageable.  After a week of that, I'll reevaluate and see if I want to add anything yet or not.  Right now, it's just getting up at 6 am, doing my makeup, and eating breakfast (at home preferably).  I also bought this app that's supposed to help with creating daily habits, so they had a 3 day "drink water as soon as you wake up."  While I dislike doing that intensely, it really does help wake me up and feel better.

Re: Wednesday

• VarunaTT said:
    Not running Pridefest (and it being moved) has led me to having the gayest June in years.  :D  I have tickets to Ani Difranco and we're seeing 2 of the biggest drag kings in the nation in May and June and hitting up a big city pride to be in their balloon parade.  I'm starting to get really excited.

Other than that, today is SSDD.  I've been trying to pull myself out of my funk, so I've started a daily goals list.  It's small and manageable.  After a week of that, I'll reevaluation and see if I want to add anything yet or not.  Right now, it's just getting up at 6 am, doing my makeup, and eating breakfast (at home preferably).  I also bought this app that's supposed to help with creating daily habits, so they had a 3 day "drink water as soon as you wake up."  While I dislike doing that intensely, it really does help wake me up and feel better.
    Did you see Ani just came out with a new book? Her interview on NPR morning edition was great yesterday! I love her but also she’s from western NY and bought an old church in Buffalo, renovated it into a concert/event venue (it’s called Babeville!) and it’s amazing. My sister got married there. 
  • I skipped my MILs birthday cake/ice cream last night and I feel bad but I got to bed at a reasonable time so I’m actually not as sorry as I probably should be.

Did 2 runs yesterday and again this morning & today felt way better than I expected. 9 days out to the race and I’m just trying to not get hurt and keep up my running. I need to order all my snacks! 

• Not too much going on for me. I have an appointment and some errands to run. Last night was the first night in over a week that FI and I have shared a bed and I slept much worse because of it. I used to be so against separate beds but I honestly am on board with the idea now. It can’t decide whether or not it wants to rain and I wish it would make up its mind. We need to check the attic for leaks. Although everyone here is complaining about the “gloomy” weather and I’m all about it being as cool as possible for as long as possible. Before long it’s going to be 110 degrees and the thought of that plus the electric bill is exhausting. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sounds like an awesome month v:)

Not much here. Work is stupid. The weather is gorgeous today. Max and I spent the morning at a park and now we’re eating lunch outside. Lots of sports left this week so I’m making snacks today. 
  • The siding guy last night was super quick and easy!  He will email us a quote in a few days.  Still have two more companies coming out on Thurs and Saturday.  Then we are going to decide between the 4 companies, though we will probably wait until Fall for the work anyway.

I just dropped our Rogue off at the dealership for transmission work.  Crossing all the fingers and toes that it will be covered under warranty.  We had the car get a once over from our mechanic before we drive it to TN in a month.  He said that we needed a new transmission and he wouldn't drive it there himself!  He is honest, so I trust him.  We really don't want another car payment right now, but we will do that before we spend $3500 for a new transmission!  Its only a 2011, so it should NOT be needing a new transmission!

After work is yoga and H and DD will come to pick me up, since I'm carless at work.  We will pick up MILs car, since she has 3 between her and BF, on the way home.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @OliveOilsMom a 2011 seems a bit young for a new transmission but smart to get it done before a road trip!  (And even take my comment with a grain of salt I know nothing about cars.)  @VarunaTT sounds like a nice June :)  @short+sassy so glad you finally got good sleep, enjoy the restaurant.  @levioosa I feel that way this time of year too, before the heat hits..no rush for summer.  We don't even get as hot as you but 85 is too much for me.

Lots of busy work last week, this week, next week.  Our seniors last day is in a few weeks so nothing challenging, just transcripts etc.  Everyone has rsvp'ed to my daughter's party this weekend, in case anyone was concerned over that lol

@ShesSoCold if you're lurking as you settle in to Montana, hope the transition is going well!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    My H's 2012 needed a new transmissions - well ok both of his 2012s did 2 years ago.  They are stick shifts and he is a hard driver so that might make a difference
  • Well, I made it to last night’s meeting, but while I was there, my left foot and left buttock fell asleep. It’s still doing it today, plus my knee is worse. I’m going to get checked out after work. I’ll stop at home and take care of Mutt and Lady and then head to the ER. I’m too young and too busy to be falling apart like this!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I’m sorry @OurWildKingdom. Can you go to urgent care instead? Or primary doc? Have the primary doc write a script for an X-ray? I’m just thinking the Ed could be a looooooong wait. 
  • I’ve heard of so many benefits from drinking water in the a.m. first thing.  But I probably will never remember to do that.  I do drink a bottle before my coffee though.

that church turned house sounds NEAT @short+sassy.   I’d want to be invited over for coffee too.

On Sunday I rsvp’d yes to a get together meet up.  I went to it once, and the ladies were nice.  It was fun.  I found out H is off Friday so maybe we’ll get around to seeing end game.  I went back to change my rsvp and found out I wasn’t even on the yes list. I know I responded yes.  I was the first one to!  So did she take me off?  And why? If I’m not wanted, i’ll leave, but was it accidental or did I never really sign up?

• kvrunskvruns member
    6fsn said:
    I’m sorry @OurWildKingdom. Can you go to urgent care instead? Or primary doc? Have the primary doc write a script for an X-ray? I’m just thinking the Ed could be a looooooong wait. 
    ditto this advice, plus insurance companies are supposed to be denying claims at the ER that are not actually emergency care. I don't know what it actually looks like in practice but I would hate for someone to get denied
  • Well, I made it to last night’s meeting, but while I was there, my left foot and left buttock fell asleep. It’s still doing it today, plus my knee is worse. I’m going to get checked out after work. I’ll stop at home and take care of Mutt and Lady and then head to the ER. I’m too young and too busy to be falling apart like this!
    Preach it!  Me too, lol.  Seriously though, I hope they can help and you'll find relief soon.

I was in a car accident a few years ago and developed sciatica (for the first, so far only, time) a few weeks later.  I went to one of those Urgent Care Clinics and, when he told me what it was, asked/half-joked, "I thought that was something that happened to old people!"  He laughed and told me that age is a factor, but it can happen to anyone.  Especially when there's been trauma.

And that sciatica is something else!  It was a low level of pain, but constant and unrelenting for 5 weeks.  Not even one second of relief.  Then, just like the doctor told me would happen, it disappeared one day as suddenly as it had appeared. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so upset about the Georgia law that passed today. This is horrific. We are living in Gilead. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/hb-481-georgia-law-criminalizes-abortion-subjects-women-to-life-in-prison.html

• I just looked up the urgent care information and they’re open till 7:30, so I’ll go there instead.

@levioosa, that makes me absolutely furious!
  • @levioosa, that is insane.  I had some hope it wasn’t going to pass 

• OWK - I hope you can find some relief!

Levioosa - Ugh, I hate GA for this bill too.  And do they not even see how hypocritical it is to punish someone with the death penalty for having a procedure that might save a woman's life?  The bill was destined to pass after Stacy Abrahms had the election stolen by the SOS who just happened to also be running for governor.  AND the fact that a woman who may naturally have a miscarriage could be questioned over the details surrounding it makes my blood boil. 

• OWK - I hope you can find some relief!

Levioosa - Ugh, I hate GA for this bill too.  And do they not even see how hypocritical it is to punish someone with the death penalty for having a procedure that might save a woman's life?  The bill was destined to pass after Stacy Abrahms had the election stolen by the SOS who just happened to also be running for governor.  AND the fact that a woman who may naturally have a miscarriage could be questioned over the details surrounding it makes my blood boil. 

Yes, the fact that it was signed in by that POS makes me even angrier. Also the way the bill was written means that even women who are “lucky” enough to be able to afford travel to another state to get the procedure can still be prosecuted. It’s all so wrong. I feel sick. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @levioosa ugh sickening!  And heartbreaking, hypocritical and disgusting.

@OurWildKingdom hope you feel better soon!
  • levioosa said:
    I am so upset about the Georgia law that passed today. This is horrific. We are living in Gilead. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/hb-481-georgia-law-criminalizes-abortion-subjects-women-to-life-in-prison.html
    I don't even know how to process this.  It's just unimaginable.

The part about pregnant inmates was interesting.  What I would like to see after the law is imposed on Jan. 1st is for every single pregnant inmate to bombard the courts with demands they immediately be let out of prison, until they give birth.  Lest the "person" they are carrying be unjustly imprisoned for someone else's crime.  Maybe a flood of criminals, some of them violent, cascading into the streets will convince GA residents they elected a bunch of GD moronic monsters.

I would also love to see every, single woman in GA rise up and take all means necessary to not get pregnant.  Or move somewhere they can safely be pregnant.  Because who would want to take a chance that a miscarriage could potentially mean spending your life in prison!  It would be great to see those politicians start thinking about having to shutter schools because droves of people have moved OOS and the birth rate has declined dramatically.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker