Wedding Woes

Tired Tuesday

I'm exhausted, baby B woke me up at 245 and I never got back to sleep

Re: Tired Tuesday

• Ugh, that's the worst! 

I just hope these two days go fast - I'm so ready to be on vacation. I'm getting a spray tan tonight which is truly necessary because I'm extremely pale and could possibly blind all the people in SC. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Oh and the ILs are mad at us.  MIL invited us for cake and ice cream for sFIL's bday...7 pm Friday night...an hour away.  She doesn't understand why that may not work for us.  No dinner.  Just cake and ice cream.

BIL is mad at us because we aren't making his daughter's high school graduation party...6-8 on a Friday night...an hour away...the night before said Disney trip.

Whatevs.

• Also tired here. I’m trying to get projects off my desk before I leave for the race. I’m working a half day tomorrow and I do not plan on checking my email once when I’m gone. 
  • @6fsn so they want you to what, finish dinner by 5:30 so she can opt to not feed you anything but cake after an hour in the car?  Stop being a whiny daughter in law and pack those kids in the car at the end of the school week.   I'm sure they'll be fine, not restless and perfectly happy to be schlepped around to spend 2 hours in the car for one hour of misery. 

Also, who has a graduation party from 6-8 for a HS graduate?  

Also, what meal plan do you have?  If you have the one with two snacks, one counter service and one table service I found that it's easiest to do snacks for breakfast, counter for lunch, table for dinner OR reverse lunch and dinner if you want to opt for more quiet time at lunch. 

The meal plan comes off your magic band but table service does not include tips.   Those you'll need to add and you'll either need to put your cc on your magic band OR keep your CC on you.

If you're checking luggage don't forget sunscreen.   Also, for a bit of a fee you can have Amazon ship to your hotel room if you're staying on Disney property.   You'll need to give it a few days so don't plan on a delivery for your arrival date.

Things I liked in my backpack when DD and I went two years ago: 
    -Hand wipes / sanitizer
    -phone charger brick
    -zip lock bags
    -ponchos
    -sunscreen

I also found that while all the people said "wear sneakers" i went at the end of August when summer downpours were common.   I have a pair of super-comfy Tevas that were really the best.   I never blistered, they handled every water issue and I was fine walking with them wet. 

Also, at the time we opted to not do water rides.   If you DO opt for water rides, some stores will let you take a bag for your backpack so you can have that held and somewhat water proof while you get wet. 

• @kvruns, my sympathies!  It's so hard to function with too little sleep.

@climbingwife, you're almost there!

Busy, but not frantic, day at work.  Which is a good thing because it will keep me occupied without stressing me out.

More duplex updates:

My H did a walk through yesterday at one of the duplexes I'm under contract for.  Just to make sure things are still the way they were when we saw it the last time I was under contract.  It was.  Despite all the heavy rain over the weekend (phew).  This was the hilarious part.  I was so annoyed the seller had moved a new tenant into one of those units.  That tenant moved in (I'm guessing) 4-6 weeks ago.  They already moved out!  Over this last weekend. 

I'm guessing because they weren't told when they moved in that this property is actively for sale, smh.  And then they also connected the dots that their sweet $500/month for a 3bd/2ba was going to be ending almost as soon as it began.

Unfortunately, I can't control if the seller rents that unit out again.  But I did ask my agent to pass along to his that we're only about two weeks out from closing and I strongly prefer that unit is left vacant.  As they would just be causing problems for me and the hypothetical new tenant...who'd be given a 30 Day Notice to Vacate almost as soon as they moved in.

And, no, they don't have extra keys for all the units yet.  So, no, I haven't had my lender order appraisals yet, smh.  On the one hand, they seem really motivated to get rid of these properties and seem frustrated with how long it's taken (properties have been on the market since Jan.).  But, on the other hand, my lender can close in 3-4 days once they have the appraisals, yet the seller is still dragging their feet about keys/access.  Craziness!  Argh!  I don't understand it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @banana468- thanks for the tips!we have a planner. She said she’d lay it all out for us and i’m going with it:). I was packing a few snacks then getting prime now delivery for other things. 

And a gripe: I’ve felt that m2’s soccer club favors the boys. I keep having to ask if I’m projecting from the years in the papermill. Today the tweeted about donating $2k to the high school BOY’s team. Nothing to the girls. Before I said anything dh texted that he wants to tweet back asking about the girls team. 
  • 6fsn said:

Oh and the ILs are mad at us.  MIL invited us for cake and ice cream for sFIL's bday...7 pm Friday night...an hour away.  She doesn't understand why that may not work for us.  No dinner.  Just cake and ice cream.

BIL is mad at us because we aren't making his daughter's high school graduation party...6-8 on a Friday night...an hour away...the night before said Disney trip.

Whatevs.

That reminds me of the brides who are occasionally on here that want their reception at a meal time and veggie and cheese/cracker trays are fine because "receptions expensive" and "people will understand".  Or some variation of that.

Yay Disney!  That's exciting it's coming up soon.  Your BIL needs to calm it.  I realize it's a bummer you all will have to miss her party.  But obviously you all will give her a big congrats at another time.  And spending a few hours doing anything the night before a big trip is impossible for most people.  I don't even have kids and I know I'm running around franticly the night before (or morning of, lol) a trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We watched Wine Country last night.  I laughed my ass off and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I said something about wishing it was longer so it could've been more in depth and then realized it was an hour and a half.  I could've watched it for much longer than that.

I loathe Tuesdays.  SSDD at work.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2019
    @VarunaTT - I started wine country over the weekend and hated it!!! Maybe I’ll start it ip again.  I was only 1/2 hr in it maybe.  I love me some Tina Fey and Amy Pohler too.

@6sfn that is ridic to be so mad about that! (Both your IL’s and BIL).  1 hr each way is a lot of driving for a 2 hr party.  

H’s bff graduated yesterday.  We got the invite but we got it 1 week before so he couldnt take off work plus we’re in IL and he’s in NY.  The invite said the restaurant they were going to after the ceremony had complementary valet but to please tip $5.  And the choices of food were laid out but to please tip the wait staff $10/person. 
    Is this a thing now? Hosting events but asking to shell out tips?
    edit: words

• VarunaTT said:
    We watched Wine Country last night.  I laughed my ass off and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I said something about wishing it was longer so it could've been more in depth and then realized it was an hour and a half.  I could've watched it for much longer than that.

I loathe Tuesdays.  SSDD at work.
    I’m saving it for when I get back from my race! So glad to hear you liked it!
  • I feel you on the paleness @climbingwife. I have an appointment for an airbrush tan the night before we leave too. Pale legs unite. Lol. Have a great time on your trip!

@short+sassy hopefully the seller gets their act together soon. That’s all so irritating and unnecessary. 

@6fsn woohoo Disney! IL’s are being nuts. I wouldn’t drive an hour for cake either. Let alone the night before a big trip. That’s when all of the last minute packing is done. 

I’m home and organizing/packing for the trip. I have a few errands but otherwise I’m going to focus on the house. Yesterday I did interval runs on the mountain I usually hike and I am sore this morning. I’m getting pre-vacation anxiety but I also can’t wait. There’s just so much to do before we leave. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

H’s bff graduated yesterday.  We got the invite but we got it 1 week before so he couldnt take off work plus we’re in IL and he’s in NY.  The invite said the restaurant they were going to after the ceremony had complementary valet but to please tip $5.  And the choices of food were laid out but to please tip the wait staff $10/person. 
    Is this a thing now? Hosting events but asking to shell out tips?
    edit: words
    that's weird - especially the food thing. The valet would be standard IMO unless this isn't a restaurant normally with a valet and this person hired him and hopes the tips will offset his costs? 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2019
    I liked Wine Country.  It did lull at some points, but I appreciated the length.  

I still need to finish Dead To Me. I'm still catching up on everything I didn't watch or listen to last week.  I only got some podcasts in our flights.  ;) 

It's finally sunny and warm today.  DH's audit started today and a semi hit a pole near to his warehouse and took out the power.  Whoops.  

I finally finished emptying my suitcase.  DH will be happy it's out of our room.  :D 

I'm still on the struggle bus with being tired.  I went to bed too late and then DH was up super early to go into work.  I never really went back to sleep. 

We have school until the 31st...so 11 days left, I think. 
  • eileenrob said:
    @kvruns ugh that's the worst!  @6fsn your ILs needs to sit down with their expectations @charlotte989875 good luck leading up to the big race and @climbingwife so excited for you, your trip is finally almost here!

Today is my oldest's birthday.  I officially have a 5-year-old.  "A whole hand" as she's been saying.  I know I complain sometimes but that cliche is true, it sure goes fast *insert the happy crying emoji* we just got back from cupcakes with her class.  Everyone gets to request their birthday dinner...DD wanted lobster, stuffed shells, focaccia bread..i was like girl this aint Christmas Eve.  LOL.  I am about to stuff some shells though, made the ricotta filling early this morning, just boiling the pasta while I type. And she's helping me make garlic knots, another of her faves. So a special enough dinner.

edit spelling
    Happy b-day to your DD!  Rock on!  I LOVED lobster and crab from an early age.  Though I'm not sure I'd made that discovery yet by 5.  Pretty much the only time I was allowed to order it at a restaurant was for my birthday, lol.  My mom was a great cook, but lobster/crab was not in her wheelhouse.

Sounds like it's been a fun day for her, so far.  And a great dinner is on the way, even if it is sans lobster.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, new rules for the "Do Not Call" List...if I were Queen of the USA.

--"Survey" companies who aren't selling anything and political or not-for-profit organizations...no longer get protected.

--If I don't do business with a company.  And I haven't given permission for a company to call me.  Then they don't get a "pass" to call me.  I don't care who they are.

I have received 4 of those stupid "survey" calls in the last week.  At least two were from the same company.  If not all 4.  For the one I just got, I immediately interrupted the lady and told her I was at work and do not have time for a survey.  She said it would be quick and if I could just answer a few questions...(short+sassy interrupts her again)…"LIKE.I.SAID.  I'm at work.  I don't have time."  She starts to ask me if there is a better time to call...as I hang up on her.  JFC with these harassing jerks.  I block the number each time, but they use the same tactics of calling from rando numbers like sleazy telemarketers do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy birthday to your DD, @eileenrob!

That sounds really weird, @CharmedPam. If I were attending something like that, I would tip extra anyway (I’ve worked in the service industry, so BTDT) but being told to tip is really off-putting.

SSDD at work. Came home and wore myself out walking the dogs, changed clothes, and went to a peace group talk on anti-Semitism. 

DW got some financial stuff squared away for her facial feminization surgery. She’s hoping to get a date later this summer after she recuperates from her breast augmentation. Fortunately I have enough sick time banked so I can take time off for her procedures.
  • Lol! @short+sassy I love taking surveys. I wished someone called me everyday. And scam calls, which happen a lot here. So you say you need me to go to the atm, sure thing. Oh man, I can't find my keys, no stay on the phone I think they're.... Lol!
  • Lol! @short+sassy I love taking surveys. I wished someone called me everyday. And scam calls, which happen a lot here. So you say you need me to go to the atm, sure thing. Oh man, I can't find my keys, no stay on the phone I think they're.... Lol!
    There are a whole bunch of online survey companies that will pay you for your opinion.  The majority of the time, they don't pay much.  But if it's something you enjoy doing, you can typically make 50 cents-$1 per survey that takes about10-20 minutes to complete.  MySoapBox always has a ton of these.

Also, if you're signed up with those companies, you'll sometimes have the opportunity to take part in special surveys that are a lot more involved, but pay a lot better.  For example, I just had a company (I'm signed up with) contact me yesterday to potentially take part in a one-hour web interview.  It pays a $100 Visa card if I'm chosen and take part.  Fieldwork NRC seems to do more of this kind of stuff.  I really like them.  For you, @missJeanLouise, parents of infants seems to be a special group that survey companies are often looking for.

The BEST one I had was for a bank (but conducted by one of my survey companies) that was thinking about adding various money management services to their product line.  They were looking for feedback on how helpful/interested people would be in the different products they were thinking about.  It involved a series of weekly surveys/brief selfie videos over two months and an in-person interview at the end that took about two hours.  That one paid $350.

I've also sometimes been chosen to test out products.  Those kind of surveys typically pay $15, but they also ship the product to your house (at no charge) and it is fun to try things out that haven't necessarily come to market yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wonder if they ship internationally, lol.

• I wonder if they ship internationally, lol.

Unfortunately, living internationally would probably disqualify you for some of the surveys.  But you never know what companies are hiring survey companies.  What specific groups they're looking for.  Where they are.  Where their products/services are.

Most of the companies I'm signed up with had a giant drop down box for "country" with 100+ listed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker