Wedding Woes

Early Thursday!

Early morning post because I’m already in the Chicago airport (which awesomely has a yoga room and a Mother’s room) and waiting for my next flight. 

In the silliness of this race I’m flying to Toledo so that I can ride in the van with my team to chicago to start the race. 

Im super excited!! 

Happy Thursday!

Re: Early Thursday!

• Good luck @charlotte989875! Can't wait to hear all about it! Fingers crossed the weather is nice for you.

Not much going on here, just waiting for the weekend. Work has been drama-filled and I need a break. 
  • Good luck with your race.  ;) 

I'm still limping along this week.  DH's schedule has been off because of his audit and him getting up early af.  I've also just felt 'off'.  IDK if it's from my trip or what.  I feel like I need a week of sleep and zero plans.  Hopefully next week will feel more 'normal'.  

Other than that, SSDD.  Going to take a gander at Prudie soon. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Good luck!  But wait, you're in Chicago but are flying on to Toledo just to ride in a van? Will you ride back to Toledo after or just go back to the airport? 
  • kvruns said:
    Good luck!  But wait, you're in Chicago but are flying on to Toledo just to ride in a van? Will you ride back to Toledo after or just go back to the airport? 
    Haha yup. So I can ride with the team. The race runs from north of Chicago to Madison so we’ll all drive back to Toledo from Madison then I’ll fly back to Buffalo the next day. 

Team commradery and all that. 
  • Good luck @charlotte989875

I have a busy day today, although it sounds like a lot of pampering. I am getting my first wax in awhile so that should be a fun start to the morning. Then I have a massage and facial. I’m so close to using up my massage credits so I can cancel the service. At this point scheduling the services feels more like a chore. Then I have to stop by work, the mall, and I have to pick up my ring (I had to get it resized). Three more days until we leave and they are all packed with stuff to do. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good luck @charlotte989875!

I've got nothing today except tonight is the last lacrosse practice! Last night was Max’s last soccer practice!  
  • Good luck @charlotte989875!  Funny that you’re in Chicago now but will drive there.  I was almost in Toledo a few weeks ago, and its a short drive.  But boring drive.  But sounds fun for you!
    if you pass Michigan city into Chicago (and I think you do). This place “kinda sorta” right off the highway is amazing;
    http://fiddleheadmc.com/
    H and I are going as much as we can if we’re in the area.  It’s only 1 hr away from us and technically we could do a day trip there & the dunes.  but have fun!

i’m excited because I had to renew my comcast contract (which is a monopoly in my area) so my new contract has 50 more channels for pretty much the same price I’m paying now.  I fell in love with the travel channel and cooking network since we have it in the condo and was SUPER happy to find out that yes - I DO have them now!  Travel has a lot of good paranormal shows and cooking - well, who doesn’t love to watch people cook? (Food network has become repetitive) 

• I'll be off and on, but right now I have free time :)

So I just started back at work this week. It's kinda hectic, because SOMEONE {child} decided 5am is ok to wake up at ... it is not. 7am is wake up time. It's made for a rough week. We think it's teeth. She currently has 6 {4 top, 2 bottom} and she's around the time she'll get the next 2 bottoms.
    She's been sleeping through the night for about a little over a month, and we had to sleep train. She's trying to walk and "dada" is her fave ;)

She's doing great with daycare. We had her part time before I went back to work. Mother's Day was low key. Saturday I spent with my mum, then Sunday M woke up with her and took her with him when he went for lunch with his mum so I could get a free solo day before going back to work.

I'm roughly close to pre-baby size, but not by the greatest ways. I went through a rough post pardum depression. I guess it could be worse, labour wasn't hard - I'll explain drama that happened with her intro to the world later lmao - but everything just crashed really quick. I went right back on previous meds, but with hormones they were having a hard time kicking in. They upped dosage to help get them to kick in faster.
    Then I started the gym. I quit shortly after because I just couldn't. I went into a pretty rough depression.

How I lost baby weight - instead of eating, I slept. Not greatest way, but it happened.

She's a happy girl, so it makes it easier to tell when she's upset. Which in turn, makes my life easier. I hate how we had to sleep train her but it's helped. At 9 months, our dr is the one who had us start by trying with letting her cry for 15mins. It was more attention than anything, and she showed us just before that she COULD sleep for long chunks - which is why the dr suggested that.

She's almost walking {!!!!} Mothers Day she took 3 steps <3 and last night she took a few more. It's a slow go but she's going lol

Reference from newborn to pretty recent:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2fnNClmHd/
  • @charlotte989875, that is serious team comradery, lol!  But I'm sure the ride with everyone will be fun and so will the race.  Enjoy!

@levioosa, I'm sure you'll enjoy the massage and facial once you're there.  But I can totally understand it takes some of the fun out when you're annoyed with how the company has been doing things with their memberships.  At least the vacation is almost here!

@CharmedPam, Interesting.  I don't think I have ever used the word "excited" while speaking about my own local cable monopoly (Cox).  Usually my descriptors are pretty R-rated, lol.  I actually need to call them again and see if there is something I can do.  I just hate them so much and seem to always come off worse than when I started when I do call them.

They have a "sports package" I dropped about a year ago to save $50.  It included a TON of sports channels (none of which I watched), but inexplicably, just a few non-sports channels.  Including Travel, ID, and HGTV.  Three channels I did really like and watched.  So I had to give those up because it's b.s. I was paying $50/month for three channels.  Then they DOUBLED, just completely doubled one month, their basic cable package.  So I'm right back to paying $184/month for a fairly limited cable package and Internet.  Completely outrageous.

I went through a long break where I was only paying for Internet.  Because the expanded cable package came on the same transmission.  But then the FCC sold out the American public and allowed cable companies to block cable tv transmissions.  Which was a huge double-whammy.  Because that also meant I could no longer use my DVR.  I had to rent THEIR DVR and pay for THEIR DVR services.  I even asked the guy if I could just buy their DVR to save on the rental fees...which was outrageously priced at $400.  He told me I could but, any time they changed the DVR equipment, I'd have to buy one again.  He even admitted they pretty much do that on purpose.  To screw their customers over yet another way (my words, not his).  At any rate, the last time I had a Cox cable/internet package was about 15 years ago.  It was only $75/month and had a lot more channels!  And, of course, they won't tell me why the price has TRIPLED  in such a relatively short amount of time.

Sorry for the rant!  And that's even just a drop in the bucket of all their lying, cheating, bait-and-switching evil ways that I've had to put up with over the many years.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh don’t get me wrong, hate xfinity with a passion - I so have to call them and get some money knocked off my bill because the LAST person I spoke with said I didn’t have to do anything till June 15th.  But then I get my hiked up bill and nope.  Not true.  So i want to call them to tell them what she told me, but probably won’t get anywhere with it. your sports pkg including those non sport channels is stupid!! Maybe cox sucks more than xfinity? Maybe. 

@MissKittyDanger well welcome back.  Sorry you went through the ppd.  My bff was the same and didnt tell me until a year or so later.  She’s such a cutie!

• @short+sassy we have an over the air antenna and have a program that will DVR the channels that we can get over the air.

Now we bought into Sling which is what we'll watch live in addition to the over the air signal for sports.   We dropped the standard expanded basic when our cable provider dropped YES which is the network that carries most of the Yankee games and we refused to buy into a dish or other TV provider.  

We do have cable internet and have the faster speed (my company asked me to get the extra tier and we can expense what we have to pay over and above what we previously did) and that's been fine.     
  • @CharmedPam I had dealt with depression before but it's so hard to tell the difference between normal post pardum and PPD - and if you've never had a kid before, you think it's normal. Hopefully your bff got help, and felt better <3 
  • Good luck @charlotte989875!

So awesome to see you, @MissKittyDanger! My heart goes out to you; I can’t imagine how difficult post-partum depression must be. So glad you got through it.

Nice productive day at work today, then a great meeting tonight. Tomorrow I’m off, but we’re taking both dogs and The Dude to the vet for well-pet checkups. The Dude is going to be 18 next month! In cat years, that makes him about 88.
  • Good luck @charlotte989875!

So awesome to see you, @MissKittyDanger! My heart goes out to you; I can’t imagine how difficult post-partum depression must be. So glad you got through it.

Nice productive day at work today, then a great meeting tonight. Tomorrow I’m off, but we’re taking both dogs and The Dude to the vet for well-pet checkups. The Dude is going to be 18 next month! In cat years, that makes him about 88.
    I can’t remember if you ever mentioned his name before, but this is my first time picking it up.  Love it!
    happy early birthday The Dude!