Wedding Woes

whacky Wednesday

2»

Re: whacky Wednesday

• I’m ready for this hell week for women to be over. Wtf Missouri. 

• levioosa said:
    I’m ready for this hell week for women to be over. Wtf Missouri. 
    I can't begin to tell you how much I loathe this state's legislature.  This is just the cherry on top of a week in this legislature that saw us give GM a $50M tax credit, with no guarantee that GM will improve their factory here OR maintain even the number of jobs right now in this state, passing a bill that doesn't allow local communities to pass more stringent farming laws that the state has (which are BS, btw and has lead to massive corporation farms and environmental issues here), and then bitched about "welfare for millionaires" when asked to pass a bill that would put state money into the sports arenas which are public buildings and employ thousands of people and bring millions of dollars into our local economies.

So yeah, I tend to post daily reminders that the MO legislature is fucking trash and has been for about a decade now.
  • I was starting to become "concerned" that Louisiana wasn't joining this banning abortion bandwagon because it is just so "them" in this super red state.  I was hoping the fact that our governor is a Democrat is what was saving us.

Oh but no, no, no.  There it is!  And even worse, the bill is actually written by a Democrat and our Democratic governor is expected to sign it, if the measure passes.  It at least allows for medically necessary abortions but the rules for those will be "more stringent" in this bill. 

Here is my favorite post in t he "comments" section":

Republican Logic:
    It is a violation of personal liberty to force someone to bake a cake for a gay couple, but it is no violation of liberty whatsoever to force a woman to give birth to her rapist's baby.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker