Flowers

Wedding Colors

So my florist/decorator just did a wedding yesterday and I love the flowers from that wedding. It makes me want to add blush roses to my wedding since I think they look really pretty. Originally, I was going to just have red roses with baby's breath, but now I am thinking of adding some blush roses to my bouquet and possibly my Maid of Honor's bouquet. I want her flowers to be slightly different than the other girls. Do you think it will look okay to add blush to ours, but to nothing else or would you add blush to the other girls flowers and our centerpieces? I have included photos of what I am thinking.

Flowers from Yesterdays Wedding 

60529886_1302484286584634_36217852502852

Current Inspiration for Centerpieces

Wedding Colors 1

Current Inspiration for Bridesmaids Bouquet (excluding maid of honor)

Wedding Colors 2

Bouquet I originally wanted for me

Wedding Colors 3

Possible Bouquet for my maid of honor (if I choose to include blush)

Tie together their small bouquets with long ribbon allowing it to cascade down for an airy effect  myweddingdotcom

Bouquet I am thinking of switching to

60470719_2290299127891601_40672323416662

Re: Wedding Colors

• edited May 2019
    The red and blush look very elegant together. My personal preference is to keep all the flowers cohesive, so I would include both blush and red everywhere. But that’s just my taste and definitely not a requirement.
  • I think it looks beautiful with the blush!
  • The red and blush look very elegant together. My personal preference is to keep all the flowers cohesive, so I would include both blush and red everywhere. But that’s just my taste and definitely not a requirement.
    Thanks! I am kind of torn because I have always envisioned all red roses for my wedding, but I really love the blush. My other thought was to have my centerpiece on our sweetheart table include the blush so that the sweetheart table is slightly different. We are also going to have a different tablecloth and napkins from the other tables. Another reason I'm leaning towards adding the blush is because my mom wants different flowers from my fmil. Both moms are wearing purple. My mom in a light purple and fmil in a dark purple so for their corsages if I add blush I would do a dark purple rose and blush flower for my mom and a light purple rose and red rose for my fmil. 
    Thanks! Would you add the blush to all the centerpieces or maybe just the sweetheart table?

Note: sweetheart table is going to have a different tablecloth (sparkly silver) and napkins (black) than the other tables (white tablecloth with black layover and white napkins). 
  • The red and blush look very elegant together. My personal preference is to keep all the flowers cohesive, so I would include both blush and red everywhere. But that’s just my taste and definitely not a requirement.
    I agree with this. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
     I’ve been MIA for a bit.  Sitting in LAX at the moment waiting to return home, and big surprise......delays again.  We have never departed LA without some sort of snafu for no reason!  

So here I sit with a minute to log in, which still is complicated with glitches......and I see yet another post requiring more decisions to make for you.  I needed a good laugh.  The more things change the more the stay the same LOL
  • LAX is my least favorite airport. I've never not had a delay there.

And yes, OP, don't angst about every little thing. Do what you want. I promise you that literally NO ONE will care as much as you do. I'm not saying this to be harsh, but to tell you that you have freedom to choose what you like.
  • maine7mob said:
    LAX is my least favorite airport. I've never not had a delay there.

And yes, OP, don't angst about every little thing. Do what you want. I promise you that literally NO ONE will care as much as you do. I'm not saying this to be harsh, but to tell you that you have freedom to choose what you like.
    I like both, but I am torn between which one I like better which is why I asked for an opinion. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    maine7mob said:
    LAX is my least favorite airport. I've never not had a delay there.

I have an unnatural disdain for that airport.  It is dirty, disorganized, and loud.  It is ugly and busy ALL THE DANG TIME!  I feel like cattle herded in for slaughter, and I can NEVER find a seat when waiting for my departure.  When you can make O’Hare seem like a beautiful and synchronized machine, you know you have problems.  LOL. Today was a 2 hour delay for seemingly NOTHING!
  • MobKaz said:
     I’ve been MIA for a bit.  Sitting in LAX at the moment waiting to return home, and big surprise......delays again.  We have never departed LA without some sort of snafu for no reason!  

So here I sit with a minute to log in, which still is complicated with glitches......and I see yet another post requiring more decisions to make for you.  I needed a good laugh.  The more things change the more the stay the same LOL
    Damn, she got me again! 
  • Wow you guys are incredibly rude. 
  • Are we? Or is it rude to keep coming back here, asking for advice, not appreciating it and not taking it? 
    Thanks! Would you add the blush to all the centerpieces or maybe just the sweetheart table?

Note: sweetheart table is going to have a different tablecloth (sparkly silver) and napkins (black) than the other tables (white tablecloth with black layover and white napkins). 
    I would add it to all the centerpieces.

I would add it to all the centerpieces.
    Thank you so much! That is probably what I will do. My mom and I are going to meet with my decorator/florist on Friday to make a final decision. Fiance can't go along because he is going out of town. 
  • I will be celebrating a wedding soon, but I would like to make it original by using the color scheme. I work as a designer and I'm pretty good at the art of color selection. But when it comes to a wedding, I have absolutely no ideas other than the classic version. Can you give me a push? Thank you in advance :)
  • I think those two colors go very well together.