Wedding Woes

Monday mornin'

..actually late morning here...halfway through my work day lol.
My cousin's shower was nice. A little over the top.  And I should be used to over-the-top, but she's from Staten Island and the shower was in NJ, and SI/NJ is a different level of OTT than Queens/LI (for people familiar with the different areas..).  But phenomenal food and the dessert table was amazing.  The girls had a lot of fun.  I think it's a UO but I was happy with the GoT ending. 

Safest vibes to anyone in the tornado's path later today!!

Re: Monday mornin'

• Glad it went well.  I think I’ll start watching GOT now...

On Saturday night I had two glasses of champaign with dinner and an after dinner drink of water/rye. I was tipsy but nowhere near drunk.  

I’m lying in bed and fell asleep at 9.  My H had left at 8:30 to go to the condo to wait for his work call.  I wake up at 9:26. I feel hungry but what else is new?  Suddenly hunger turns into a starving feeling and I get up and grab a quest bar from the kitchen.  I unwrapped it, threw the wrapper in the garbage and suddenly felt super dizzy.  Like overwhelming dizzy and then felt the room closing in on me.

Next thing I know I am on the kitchen floor, on my back.  I remember screaming out in pain.  I think I’m also convulsing too? I also notice that I’m chewing (I took one bite before I fell). So I realize what happened and sit up.  I sit for maybe a minute and the dizziness is gone so I get up and run back into my bedroom so I can lay down.  I’m also not hungry anymore. Both my elbows are scraped :(

2 things - I was eating when it happened and totally could have choked!  I fell SO close to the cabinet my head could have hit it too.  I’m fine.  I was fine right after it happened but my butt, elbows and neck hurt so much today.

This happened to me in my late 20’s too.  When I get up to fast, I get dizzy and faint. But its been over 10 years since this has happened and I thought that was all over. I wasn't drinking those times in the past either so I don’t think my 3 drinks had anything to do with it.  I had my heart checked out years ago because of it - but they couldn’t find anything.

betcha you guys had a better weekend.

• Yikes @CharmedPam I hope you're OK!  That's scary!

Weekend went OK.   Saturday was our local Touch A Truck where the local EMT, Fire, Police and companies with large tractors set up their vehicles for the kids to go in and climb.   FIL was there with Rotary so we updated the kids for their Amber alert system and while there the local Life Star landed.   I'm guessing other states have this but the're the EMT helicopter service used to evacuate patients to hospitals that are outside of reasonable driving distance or due to traffic.   It was super cool.  They played for a while at the local playground and then we went home.  

I also ordered some nicer velvety hangers and organized my closet and drawers so now the crap of the floor is hung and the stuff I am not wearing is out.   I have 3 kitchen garbage bags full of clothing that I'm not wearing and it's saved me almost NO space in the closets of dressers.   But I'll make a run to the local donation place so these can be put to use by someone not me. 

Sunday we laid low and DD practiced her soccer skills.  

We're now ready for summer but also feeling really tentative with everything going on with my ILs.   I keep fearing that the next phone call is when we get the news we have anticipated but dread.   
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dang @CharmedPam that’s really scary. 

The weekend was fine. We had an awkward breakfast with Mil and sfil.  They are so self-centered. Supposedly they want to take the kids for a night this summer. I’ll believe it when I see it.

one more soccer game tonight and the season is over for all three kids.  My father-in-law wants to meet with my husband about as well. Again. There must be some new drama.  

Lacrosse is over so we are sports free for two whole weeks. 

We leave for Disney Saturday and I realize I don’t have enough underwear.
  • @CharmedPam, yikes! I'm so glad you're okay, all things considered.

Sounds like a lot of great weekends for the ladies of WW!

Mine was also pretty good, except I still couldn't find a good used washing machine.  Argh!!!  I still can't believe we haven't been able to find anything for a few weeks.  Whatever.  We're finally throwing in the towel and are just going to order a new machine, unless a miracle happens today.  My H replied to one CL ad yesterday and is going to make one more trip to the local ReStore to see if they've had anything come in.

Another really busy day at work. but then it should (hopefully) simmer down for a couple weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pam - Glad you weren't hurt more!  I hope your soreness goes away soon!

Varuna - I need a tap dance routine to Welcome to the Jungle in my life!

The last week has been insane, but its starting to quiet down and I'm just counting down until vacation to the Smokey Mountains!  Mother's Day started with a 10 am wakeup call from my H who said DD is covered in puke and he needs help.  No idea what got her, but she puked a couple more times before stopping for good.  H stayed home with her last Monday and had to pick her up Tuesday afternoon because now it was the other end.  Thankfully our mom's were able to watch DD Wednesday thru Friday, so we could work.

I had a HUGE ASS PROJECT due in about 2 1/12 days time on a multi million dollar insurance claim for our client.  The counsel that is handling it for our mutual client didn't tell us about the claim until less than a week before the court ordered submission.  They then withheld the draft from us until 4:45 the Friday of Mother's Day weekend.  Gee, thanks guys!  After that there was a big document review for pleadings due today.  It was just non-stop at work and not fun!  Not to mention that our software crashed and I had to finish up my portion of the review Friday night after I got DD to bed.

Friday, H went to the Phillies game, but was sick.  He came home and slept downstairs go between the couch and bathroom.  DD and I had a fun night at the Amish Mart though.  Saturday morning I got up with DD and H looked terrible.  He couldn't keep anything in his system and he was getting dehydrated.  So he went to urgent care.  The doc sent him home with nothing, not even advice on when he should potentially go to the ER for fluids since he wasn't able to keep anything in, which irked me.  DD and I went on a Target run for Gatorade and other things.  During DDs nap time, I tackled the front lawn, it desperately needed mowing.  By dinnertime, H was keeping liquids in at least. 

Sunday, I got up with DD again, so H could keep sleeping.  We went to church and H was up when we got home.  He was looking so much better!  He was having bad back pains and a head ache.  Both improved with more fluids and moving around.  We went to Lowes after DDs nap.  We had dinner and then H & I tackled the backyard.  The temp is picking up a bit and it was humid, so we installed our box A/C unit in the bedroom.  H cut his hair, we both showered and then went to bed.  This morning, I got DDs A/C unit installed in her bedroom.

I am looking forward to a normal week!  Also hoping to get out of work early on Friday for the holiday weekend!  I have tickets to see Billy Joel and he is a bucket list artist for me!

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yikes @CharmedPam how scary!  Glad nothing worse happened but still sorry it happened at all.  That sounds like an amazing show @VarunaTT and congrats on your race @charlotte989875!  Ugh @sparklepants41 sleep regression is the worst.  I don't have advice but feel you on the :(:s  and @banana468 that's my least favorite thing, when I'm donating a heap of clothes but somehow don't have more closet/drawer space!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @charmedPam how scary! Glad you were OK. I have noticed I've had a few dizzy spells since starting keto, I've assumed blood sugar related, but fortunately not like what you had.

@charlotte989875 glad you had fun with the race! Did you know everyone before hand? There is something bad ass about running in the dark when you don't know where you are. I remember doing that in mine and it was cool (well ok until the dog ran out at me and scared the shit out of me since I had no light or defense, but ya know, whatevs)
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @sparklepants41 yikes that sounds awful, Do you think it was something like teething that now turned into a habit? Are you comfortable with letting her cry to eventually break the habit? 
  • kvruns said:
    @sparklepants41 yikes that sounds awful, Do you think it was something like teething that now turned into a habit? Are you comfortable with letting her cry to eventually break the habit? 
    I think it's a combination of a few things - sleep regression, the last four molars that are taking forever to cut through, more vivid dreams, and last night we had a thunderstorm. 

We have tried the Cry It Out method, but she gets so upset that she vomits. So we've had to abandon that approach...
  • So glad you’re OK, @CharmedPam! Get to your doctor ASAP!

Saturday was my Habitat for Humanity project, but I only made it three hours before I was in too much pain to continue. Then I relaxed for a couple hours, met with my sponsor, and spent a bunch of money at the pet store.

Yesterday I did laundry and baked for a fundraiser for the sober LGBTQIA+ weekend scholarship and hospitality fund. Then I had to make another pet store run. In the evening, we had dinner with a friend and watched the GoT finale. DW and I have never watched it, but now I at least want to read the books. I kind of wish I had gotten into it earlier.

I’m training a new secretary at work. So far, so good. However, I tripped and fell earlier and am now feeling sore and rather sheepish. 
  • Charmed, that is super scary! 

I am freaking exhausted. Flew to Charleston Wednesday after work. Partied Thurs and Fri. Flew back home Saturday. Had the bridal shower yesterday. I just want the day to be over so I can go home. 
  • kvruns said:
    I think it's a combination of a few things - sleep regression, the last four molars that are taking forever to cut through, more vivid dreams, and last night we had a thunderstorm. 

We have tried the Cry It Out method, but she gets so upset that she vomits. So we've had to abandon that approach...
    Is she able to put herself to sleep from the start?  I found that with my two that was a big hurdle - and they both were loving sleeping on me and hated going into the crib.   For Chiquita she was probably 18 mo and Chiquito was probably 13 when they were both able to go down when awake.

Also, teething sucks and we learned with Chiquita that if we knew it was a bad set coming in that a dose of ibuprofen at bedtime really helped.

I'm sorry - i hope it gets better!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:

that sucks :(   B woke up twice last week and I thought I was going to lose my mind from tiredness (I struggle to fall back asleep if he wakes me up MOTN). I think his was teething - i thought his last molar was through but apparently it was taking its sweet damn time and I think it was waking him up. Did advil two nights in a row and he slept through. It is so hard to know what the problem is as I know I will ask him if something hurts or if something was scary and he just agrees with me, he won't tell me anything on his own. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    quietly whispering "woohoo" back at you S+S
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited May 2019
    kvruns said:
    this picture makes me laugh - just wish I could edit out his bib.
    I can relate to his happy face and smile while holding a piece of bacon, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  I think it had to do with low or high blood sugar levels.  And in the past - I’ve always been laying down and then getting up to have it happen.  So hopefully it doesn't happen at work while I’m upright.  Doctors wont know what to do and it would be a wasted trip.  I’ve mentioned it before and was hooked up to heart machines/ekg’s etc.  

@VarunaTT that sounds like a super fun and more importantly DRAMA free night! Glad you went and glad it turned out so well.
    @charlotte989875 so glad the run went well.  I had no idea it was a 2-dayer!!! Wowza!

• Thanks everyone.  I think it had to do with low or high blood sugar levels.  And in the past - I’ve always been laying down and then getting up to have it happen.  So hopefully it doesn't happen at work while I’m upright.  Doctors wont know what to do and it would be a wasted trip.  I’ve mentioned it before and was hooked up to heart machines/ekg’s etc.  

@VarunaTT that sounds like a super fun and more importantly DRAMA free night! Glad you went and glad it turned out so well.
    @charlotte989875 so glad the run went well.  I had no idea it was a 2-dayer!!! Wowza!
    It could be orthostatic hypotension. Your blood pressure drops when you change positions. I used to have issues with that.
  • Yes @kvruns, love the pic.  Meme that up!  Lol
    @mobkatz I kinda don’t blame them.  I’m hating the snow!  But honestly love how pretty winter is.  Can we have minor white fluff on the ground icicles without -50 windchills and 9 feet of snow?  Is that to hard to ask?
    @OurWildKingdom - I’ll look that condition up.  Thanks.  I usually have high BP at the doc....

• edited May 2019
    Yes @kvruns, love the pic.  Meme that up!  Lol
    @mobkatz I kinda don’t blame them.  I’m hating the snow!  But honestly love how pretty winter is.  Can we have minor white fluff on the ground icicles without -50 windchills and 9 feet of snow?  Is that to hard to ask?
    @OurWildKingdom - I’ll look that condition up.  Thanks.  I usually have high BP at the doc....
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

It’s not as scary as it looks.
  • Your little one is adorable, @kvruns
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    Congrats, @charlotte989875! Hope you don't have anymore of those incidents, @CharmedPam. I've had a similar thing happen but haven't hurt myself - I landed on the bed.

I've been in Chicago since Friday. @MobKaz, I totally get you on the traveling thing. I don't mind if someone else is driving from Indy to Chicago but hate to drive it myself. I also try not to complain too much because I have two good friends whose children are married to each other and live in Hong Kong. I really have nothing to complain about. Also my SIL won't leave the Chicago area because of his parents. I know DD would appreciate being closer to us so that we could help them out (her in-laws don't help much). Anyway I'm heading home tomorrow. We have company coming in for race weekend so I have to get the house cleaned and ready - Lord knows H won't have it done!

I too can't believe the twins will be one in a little more than three weeks!

Happy Birthday to that dynamic duo!!!  What a difference a year makes!

The grandma struggle is so real!  My two other littles are right here.  I see them at LEAST weekly.  I love that we know them inside and out.  The 5 year old will call just to say, “Guess what I did today”?  It’s hard knowing I won’t have that same connection with Little Miss LA :-(    They are actually making their first trip here mid June, so I am excited to see how well the little one remembers us!  Hopefully, these two close visits will help our FaceTime seem a bit more “real” with a stronger connection.  

I've actually passed out twice from what I think was low blood sugar. Well once and almost once. The last time was at a restaurant 2 years ago. I had skipped lunch, and I went down in the parking lot of the restaurant. They called an ambulance, and I was forced to go to the ER because my blood pressure was so low. Of course they found nothing after a number of tests, and I had to pay $$$, including $1000 (after insurance) for the ambulance ride that was 8 miles. 

After that, I told my H not to ever put my in an ambulance again. 

The other time was when I donated blood and didn't eat enough. But both times I had extreme nausea that was so intense it was hard to breathe. 
  • I often get dizzy from, what I think, low blood pressure. I live off coffee and gummy bears so it isn't a huge surprise that I often am anemic as well. That can also cause dizziness. I have to make an effort to eat protein and it really makes a difference.