Wedding Woes

Today is TUESDAY

Re: Today is TUESDAY

• Yeah nothing going on either.  I’m kinda excited to use my air dryer (new model) tonight.  I’m looking forward to food.  Anyone surprised?

also something big is going to go down at work, probably will be announced next Friday.  The person I support, and gives me the majority of my daily tasks is being promoted to another region.  Sooooo I’m scared because you kinda get paid for what you do here.  With less tasks I’m going to be super bored and broke.  And oddly enough NHSU emailed me about one of their programs closing soon so I have little time to get back in.  I hate hate hate school but its tempting to have this back up. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I need to figure out a 4 year anniversary gift. Read that traditional is flowers and fruit. I would do an Edible arrangement if we weren't eating keto so now I'm not sure what to do. I really dont want to do any gifts because we dont need anything and he just spent a boatload on Mother's Day so I dont need him buying more stuff either. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

A have a bunch of little crap that needs to be done.  Max was coughing all last night and it was making him throw up.  I have a preventative doc appointment tomorrow. I'm guessing there is nothing to do, but I want to knock anything out before DISNEY.

There is also lots of soccer drama.  People keep asking me what's going on and don't believe me when I say I don't know.  I do know other things going on with my own child- we've been in contact with the head of his age group on his future and know he's getting an early offer on Tuesday.  I also know we are in an entirely different world than field players.

• kvruns said:
    I need to figure out a 4 year anniversary gift. Read that traditional is flowers and fruit. I would do an Edible arrangement if we weren't eating keto so now I'm not sure what to do. I really dont want to do any gifts because we dont need anything and he just spent a boatload on Mother's Day so I dont need him buying more stuff either. 
    Same! Ours is on Wednesday and I don’t have any ideas. H isn’t a gift guy so I’m probably just going to clean the house (he really likes it when the house is super clean and I’m lazy) and maybe I’ll pick up some fancy fruit. 

We did just buy a new bed last night as an anniversary present to ourselves so I guess that covers it. 
  • Weekend was good. Fairly decent weather. BabyKitten got to touch grass for the first time. A little uneasy lol but ok with it. It's been cold or wet so we hadn't had a chance before.

M took me to see Detective Pikachu while his parents watched little one.
    It's a cute movie for sure ... and because MewTwo is in it {not a spoiler, it's in the ad} they make reference to the first Pokemon movie *20yrs ago!*

M caught the ending pretty much near the end, but it was a clever idea. Not gonna spoil anything just in case.

This is a pretty busy week cuz BabyKitten's bday party is Saturday. I'm hoping she goes down easily, because we have stuff to cut, etc. Thursday I'm making her cake. Friday we'll probably put stuff up. Saturday morning I'll just do the icing, etc while she's napping. M will have to go get a couple things from Party City before the party that likely won't last if we get early {like a giant 1 balloon - cats}
  • I’m so excited. It’s a hybrid? Memory foam + coils? Pretty sure it’s magic. They also had a sale so we’re getting one of those fancy adjustable bases. I just need them to get here so I can go buy some sheets for it. 
  • Have I mentioned before how much I hate NJ? I commute in for work, and they've shut down a shoulder lane we used to be able to use on a bridge. They've now got 6 lanes merging into 2. It's a fucking shit show. Their advice is to avoid the area (for years) during rush hours. Or use mass transit. Which is not available from the area I'm in, to the area I need to go. Fucking dickface assholes! 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I’m so excited. It’s a hybrid? Memory foam + coils? Pretty sure it’s magic. They also had a sale so we’re getting one of those fancy adjustable bases. I just need them to get here so I can go buy some sheets for it. 
    Linen is also a 4 year anniversary gift so new sheets could work for that. I actually thought about it but my H is so picky about sheets and the ones he likes aren't made anymore.
  • kvruns said:
    I’m so excited. It’s a hybrid? Memory foam + coils? Pretty sure it’s magic. They also had a sale so we’re getting one of those fancy adjustable bases. I just need them to get here so I can go buy some sheets for it. 
    Linen is also a 4 year anniversary gift so new sheets could work for that. I actually thought about it but my H is so picky about sheets and the ones he likes aren't made anymore.
    Perfect. 

What about a fruit tree or bush? Like blueberries or blackberries?
  • @charlotte989875, I loved Dead to Me and the ending was so great and set up for another season.  Since Netflix likes to cancel on Season 3, we should be good for a bit.

I had a quarrel with K last night.  I"m really not feeling good lately; the pollen counts are astronomical and really messing with my eyes, which means it messes with my contacts.  Also, the contacts I wear now are special and they're the size of my pupil.  So I basically have daily discomfort anyway and this is just worse.  It's causing some light sensitivity too.  And K won't leave me alone, trying to be kind and take care of me and blah, blah, blah and I just want to be left alone, dammit, I don't feel good.

Our rower is coming in today!  I'm really excited about it, I've wanted one for years and it ticks a lot of boxes for me when it comes to exercising.  K is excited too, so hopefully it's as good as I think it is.  Also, my attitudes about money have changed and since we did the no interest for financing, I'm pretty sure that'll keep my butt motivated too.

Other than that, SSDD.  I've had to put my work blocker back on, b/c I've been having issues with motivation and keeping track of my time.
  • Have I mentioned before how much I hate NJ? I commute in for work, and they've shut down a shoulder lane we used to be able to use on a bridge. They've now got 6 lanes merging into 2. It's a fucking shit show. Their advice is to avoid the area (for years) during rush hours. Or use mass transit. Which is not available from the area I'm in, to the area I need to go. Fucking dickface assholes! 
    That is unreal, smh.

The worst I've seen my city do is, about one year before we were hosting the Superbowl...the Superdome is in the Downtown area...the city woke up and must have been like, "Hmmm, guess we better do something about the horrible infrastructure we usually ignore."  So they started doing construction on BOTH major streets that lead into the Downtown area.  Both of them are 5-6 lane roads (2-3 in each direction).

For months, they'd alternate between one of those streets being totally closed down, while the other one was down to one lane on each side.  For extra fun, one of those streets also borders the French Quarter.

But 6 lanes merging into two on a route from NJ to NYC makes that ordeal sound like a garden party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's cold and blah outside.  I'm tired and feeling a little grumpy today. 

Our weekend was all right.  Friday, we had a friend of DefConn's over and they had a blast.  Saturday, we did a Costco run and then we had the boy scout cookout.  It was fun.  I made friends with some moms who were lamenting the lack of alcohol, LOL.  I feel a 'bad moms: scouts edition' coming on for next year.  ;) 

Sunday, DH and DefConn went to FIL's to help him around his house.  FIL is moving to our side of town.  He is supposed to close mid-June and his house will be going on the market soon. He and MIL moved into that house in the early 80's, so there's a lot to purge from his house.  I think BIL is coming over this coming weekend to help FIL pack and clean.  DH will go over as well so they can all tag team some big stuff.  

I'm still in denial that it's the end of the school year next week. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @mrsconn23. Max has one more day and it’s an early release!  
  • Another busy day at work.  And the Big Boss just gave me a special project (groan) on top of it all.

Other than that, the usual.

A few good things happening with my credit cards, which seems almost like fate with us about to go into heavy spending with renovations.  The special 5% back category for Chase until the end of June is "Home Improvement stores".  One of my 'ccs sent me an offer to update my income and potentially have my credit limit raised with them, without them running my credit.  They boosted my limit another $2K when I did that.  Plus I love that card (BofA), they often send me promos to take cash out from the card for 0% interest for 12 months (though a 3% fee).  My Paypal M/C also sent me a random offer to "activate" that will give me 0% interest on purchases until Jan. 2020.  No catch.  Just a great and unexpected promo.  I already activated it.

As an aside, I do have renovation costs included in my loan, BUT I have to spend the money first...then get an inspector to come out every time I request a "draw".  And those inspections for draws are not free ($200-$300/per), so I'd like to keep them to a minimum and have many things done in-between inspections.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2019
    Hi @kvruns!

Over the weekend I found out that my cable TV (U-verse) stopped working and I would have to make an appointment for someone to come and probably replace the receiver for the fourth or fifth time since I moved in here. (My building won't let the residents contract with any other provider or I'd have switched a long time ago.) So I'm waiting for the repair person to come. Been waiting since 8am and they might not get here until noon. 

I had to take off from work to wait for them to show up, and got permission to work remotely only to discover that I can only log into my work email - the instructions I was given to log into the server remotely don't work. I asked my manager if he would email me the work I was doing yesterday, because as long as I have the files I do have the software on my home computer to work on them. He said he'd already finished the work last night. I asked if there was anything else I could do in the meantime and am still waiting for the answer.

Just sitting and waiting. 

Varuna, I'm sorry about your quarrel. I had yet another one with my mother this weekend that erupted all of a sudden when she unexpectedly decided to cut a visit short and demanded that I go home early in the afternoon when I was supposed to stay through dinner and beyond. She wasn't nice about it - said she was "sick of my company after four hours." We hadn't quarreled or even disagreed about anything up to that point. Then that same night she had the nerve to suggest a shopping trip next week. I responded, "Thanks, but after what happened today I hope you'll understand if I ask for a rain check." She responded that she had low blood sugar. That might be true, and I would be understanding about it if she had at least apologized. Nope-she was just defensive.

On a happier note, hopefully I can relaunch my editing business soon because I am getting my website rebuilt and will be at long last able to market it. Plus, I am changing my offerings to ones I think will work better for me. So at least that is something to look forward to. And I volunteered last night with friends, which was nice.
  • Last night was a good night!  H didn't have karate, so he got DD.  When I got home H was just relaxing, so I got dinner figured out.  I grilled outside and brought DD.  She loves playing with her backyard toys!  I then bribed her with milk to come inside, since it typically involves a meltdown otherwise!  DD ate the hell out of dinner!  I made ham steak and four cheese rice from Rice A Roni.  She kept asking for more and more ham!  H ate a decent amount too, so his appetite is coming back. 

H and I worked on DDs A/C unit a bit, since the table I put it on didn't seem safe once DD walked in and immediately wiggled the table!  So we did a temporary fix and I will do a more permanent one once I can get to the store.  Until then, we have a chair in front of it, so the air can circulate but DD can't get her fingers inside the unit.

Tonight we are having an impromptu date night!  My niece will watch DD, while H and I go out to the virtual reality game place to use up our Groupon that expires on Saturday.  I checked their game listings and they added Fruit Ninja! LOL!  I love that game!

• I’m also looking for a new free standing propane grill. The one I bought 3 years ago is already dead.   So I know I don’t want the char-broil brand.  Is asking to pay $500ish to low for a good one (I’m saving up for breasts!!)   Also dont have patience for charcoal so propane only.  Any ideas?  Any sales you know of since Memorial day is fast approaching? Online so I can get free delivery...

• @CharmedPam I'd look at Consumer Reports ratings (a membership is well worth it) but we've also loved our Weber.   We have one that was FIL's, is over a decade old and is going strong.  
  • I’m also looking for a new free standing propane grill. The one I bought 3 years ago is already dead.   So I know I don’t want the char-broil brand.  Is asking to pay $500ish to low for a good one (I’m saving up for breasts!!)   Also dont have patience for charcoal so propane only.  Any ideas?  Any sales you know of since Memorial day is fast approaching? Online so I can get free delivery...
    Lowes is having good sales on Weber gas grills. They have a variety of models under $500 dollars. H and I are planning on getting one next year - he had one years ago that he loved and really wants another one.
  • Thanks!  Weber is the direction I’m going....

• Thanks!  Weber is the direction I’m going....
    I cannot tell you what they've done recently but man ours does well.   If anything I wish we could get the new hotness with one that has some cabinets and an extra burner but the thing is just the Energizer Bunny. 
    That is unreal, smh.

The worst I've seen my city do is, about one year before we were hosting the Superbowl...the Superdome is in the Downtown area...the city woke up and must have been like, "Hmmm, guess we better do something about the horrible infrastructure we usually ignore."  So they started doing construction on BOTH major streets that lead into the Downtown area.  Both of them are 5-6 lane roads (2-3 in each direction).

For months, they'd alternate between one of those streets being totally closed down, while the other one was down to one lane on each side.  For extra fun, one of those streets also borders the French Quarter.

But 6 lanes merging into two on a route from NJ to NYC makes that ordeal sound like a garden party.
    That's crazy!! 

This is also sharing an exit (from the NJ turnpike) with Newark airport. So yeah. GREAT DECISION. 
  • @climbingwife I'm there with you driving in NJ.   Frankly I'm not a big fan of driving anywhere in a 60 mile radius of NYC especially during peak travel times.   When I had a business meeting in Wayne a few weeks ago I specifically said to coworkers that I wanted a hotel or I could be in traffic for an extra hour just because it was morning OR I'd have to leave my house at 5 AM.   Nope.

CT's not much better.   Our roads suck and our governor is an ass. 
  • banana468 said:
    @climbingwife I'm there with you driving in NJ.   Frankly I'm not a big fan of driving anywhere in a 60 mile radius of NYC especially during peak travel times.   When I had a business meeting in Wayne a few weeks ago I specifically said to coworkers that I wanted a hotel or I could be in traffic for an extra hour just because it was morning OR I'd have to leave my house at 5 AM.   Nope.

CT's not much better.   Our roads suck and our governor is an ass. 
    Jersey truly is the worst. I had left my car at work Wednesday and when I flew back in Saturday, I had to drive home. And the traffic in Jersey was so fucking bad, that I had to drive into Staten freaking Island, just to go back into Jersey to grab the turnpike to get back into NY. Insanity. 
    Wait on the turnpike extension? Years?!?!?!?!?!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @eileenrob here's to hoping the trend of sleeping in his own bed continues
    Wait on the turnpike extension? Years?!?!?!?!?!
    YES. Read this. 

https://www.njta.com/media/4507/qa-nbhce.pdf