Wedding Woes
Options

First World Problems

We haven’t had one of these threads in a while.

I really need to get up and go to bed, but both dogs are snoring on the living room floor, and I don’t want to wake them up.

Re: First World Problems

• Options
    I'm hungry but I'm tired because Babypants has been going through what I hope is only just a sleep regression for the past three weeks, so I am too lazy to go down to the cafeteria to get breakfast. 

Also my gel manicure is chipping off in the most unattractive way possible. 
  • Options
    I meal planned for this weekend but tonight sounds like a movie and dinner date night....

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Packing for a week at the beach is so much work. 

Packing for anything is exhausting.  I keep thinking I'll get better but I don't. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    When you're 'average', staying in a 5 star resort is weird.  I wanted to be all, "You don't have to be nice to me, I don't have money", all last week.  LMAO  
    Oh @mrsconn23, you're not average at all!  You deserve all the nice things.

But I know what you mean.  I don't think I've ever stayed at a really fancy hotel/resort, but sometimes I go to fancy restaurants.  Where the waitstaff places the napkins on people's laps for them.  The exact, proper silverware for the next course is brought between courses.  Hot towels between the entree and dessert courses.  And my favorite...when the entrees are ready, a crowd of servers descends upon the table so each person's plate is laid down at exactly the same time.  The plates "in unison" always cracks me up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I want to check in to my flight already but for international flights you have to wait until 24 hours before departure. Boo. 

• Options
    The grilled wrap I had for lunch was lopsided, so there was only cheese on half of it :(
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @InLoveInQueens that's good prep for when the baby comes...the minute they fall asleep on you, you suddenly desperately have to pee/your phone dies/the pasta water is boiling lol
    It's one of those bright cloudy days by me...just sunny enough that I feel like i need my sunglasses but then once they're on it's too dark.  And they're not even my blackout super-dark ones.
  • Options
    DH made me dinner while I did my workout and he picked and gave me the smallest little chicken breast.  I wanted some protein!!

• Options
    My cat is finally calm and sleeping on my after being scared because we moved today, but I have to pee and I'm stuck. I have to build ikea furniture myself bc my husband is useless at is (I like to build it too, but I also have my glucose test today). I woke up 4 times throughout the night, is this what the third trimester is like? 

I just like to whine, that's not a fwp but this thread is good for that 🤣
    Yes.
    Btw since I missed it, congrats :) when are you due? do you know what you're having?
  • Options
    I'm hungry but I'm tired because Babypants has been going through what I hope is only just a sleep regression for the past three weeks, so I am too lazy to go down to the cafeteria to get breakfast. 

Also my gel manicure is chipping off in the most unattractive way possible. 
    Omg how is BabyPants!? How old is she now? :)
  • Options
    FWP - my kid is working on tooth 8 and woke up screaming. I don't like not sleeping after getting it for a bit. Also .... I'm tired of buying formula and really hoping her 12 month appt next week tells us we can start weening. We barely give her formula as is {for naps and bed - and if she's fucking starving at night}
  • Options
    @6fsn, I’ll take that off your hands. The yellow ones are my favorites.
  • Options
    I am ready to cancel BabyKitten's bday party on Saturday. It's gonna storm and I don't wanna do this anymore. I have too much to do, not enough week.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I am ready to cancel BabyKitten's bday party on Saturday. It's gonna storm and I don't wanna do this anymore. I have too much to do, not enough week.
    This reminds of John Mulaney's riff on canceling plans as an adult.  

"When you're an adult, canceling plans is like heroin."  So true.  
    I was "joking" yesterday and saying I wasn't planning another bday party until we could do something at a place .... no more at home lol
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I was "joking" yesterday and saying I wasn't planning another bday party until we could do something at a place .... no more at home lol
    We did DefConn's party at a lazer tag place this year and it was worth every damn penny to not have to do anything but show up.   
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

We did DefConn's party at a lazer tag place this year and it was worth every damn penny to not have to do anything but show up.   
    I think once there's other kids involved, I may do something out of the house. Right now it's just immediate family, so it's kinda hard.