Wedding Woes

First World Problems

2»

Re: First World Problems

• I'm hungry but I'm tired because Babypants has been going through what I hope is only just a sleep regression for the past three weeks, so I am too lazy to go down to the cafeteria to get breakfast. 

Also my gel manicure is chipping off in the most unattractive way possible. 
    Omg how is BabyPants!? How old is she now? :)
    She's finally asleep! Lol. Only took 1.5 hours to get her snoozing tonight. 
    Otherwise she's hilarious and adorable (but I'm a bit biased lol). She'll be 22 months next week!
    And best wishes for a healthy pregnancy! When are you due?
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Getting up in the morning hurts when your mattress is old.
  • My new FWP: we got a new King bed and I still wish it were bigger. 

Also I'm not used to it yet so I’m still not sleeping well. 
  • I'm hungry but I'm tired because Babypants has been going through what I hope is only just a sleep regression for the past three weeks, so I am too lazy to go down to the cafeteria to get breakfast. 

Also my gel manicure is chipping off in the most unattractive way possible. 
    Omg how is BabyPants!? How old is she now? :)
    She's finally asleep! Lol. Only took 1.5 hours to get her snoozing tonight. 
    Otherwise she's hilarious and adorable (but I'm a bit biased lol). She'll be 22 months next week!
    And best wishes for a healthy pregnancy! When are you due?
    My little one turns 1yr old on Tuesday :'(

How t.f is BabyPants almost 2 ... 
  • The restaurant where we had our wedding reception is closing.

This.   I wish we each had our own king, beside each other.  I'd even settle for 2 queens

This.   I wish we each had our own king, beside each other.  I'd even settle for 2 queens

If he could, H would put two queen beds in our bedroom so we could each have our own. A couple times a week we'll sleep in separate rooms, just so we each can flop around and starfish in the bed without disturbing the other person. If we had two queens in the same room, then we could still be together but be free to move around lol.
  • DH will love the day I suggest we sleep in separate rooms! 
  • We have a king bed too, and I wish I were able to sleep in it by myself. With H and then two dogs, there's just not enough room. 
  • We have a queen and I'm not a fan of a king! We've slept on one multiple times while away, and I just don't like the amount of space between us lmao

Remind me of this sentence if BabyKitten decides to start climbing into our bed or we get a dog .... I may eat my words.
  • We have a queen and I'm not a fan of a king! We've slept on one multiple times while away, and I just don't like the amount of space between us lmao

Remind me of this sentence if BabyKitten decides to start climbing into our bed or we get a dog .... I may eat my words.
    I'm impressed!   We had a queen for pregnancy #1 and knew that a purchase of a king was in our future.   We can make do on a queen if we have to but prefer a king.   

We are also not a couple who want to touch while we sleep.   DH wants his space and I want mine.   I know where to find him if I want him touching me while I'm conscious. 
  • banana468 said:
    We have a queen and I'm not a fan of a king! We've slept on one multiple times while away, and I just don't like the amount of space between us lmao

I'm impressed!   We had a queen for pregnancy #1 and knew that a purchase of a king was in our future.   We can make do on a queen if we have to but prefer a king.   

We are also not a couple who want to touch while we sleep.   DH wants his space and I want mine.   I know where to find him if I want him touching me while I'm conscious. 
    I'm that person who had a body pillow behind her for the longest before having a person in the same bed lol I just sleep better with someone nearby. Even if it's my cat being little spoon.

Tbh I considered a king size when BabyKitten was a newborn. We kinda coslept a bit - mostly her on my chest, but sometimes I'd lay her beside me and snuggle her. She did have a spot to sleep beside me on the floor {it was a rocker cuz she didn't like the bassinet} This was mostly for the first 3ish months before we transitioned her to her crib

If he could, H would put two queen beds in our bedroom so we could each have our own. A couple times a week we'll sleep in separate rooms, just so we each can flop around and starfish in the bed without disturbing the other person. If we had two queens in the same room, then we could still be together but be free to move around lol.
    If you've got the room for it - I'm in the camp of "Why the heck NOT?!?!?!" Both of you getting great sleep is good for the two of you!
  • I wish we could get at least a queen size, but our bedroom is tiny, and the other two aren’t much better. Next place we live needs to have a bigger master bedroom. We don’t mind sleeping close to each other, but we’re both tall and I’m fat, and we could benefit from the extra space.
  • I wish we could get at least a queen size, but our bedroom is tiny, and the other two aren’t much better. Next place we live needs to have a bigger master bedroom. We don’t mind sleeping close to each other, but we’re both tall and I’m fat, and we could benefit from the extra space.
    The first house I was under contract on for my personal home (didn't end up buying it), had 4 bedrooms.  It's just me and my H.  But they were all normal-sized bedrooms.  No master bedroom.

Three of them were upstairs.  Our plan was to knock out the wall between two of the bedrooms and make it an awesome, big bedroom!  Yay, knock out the wall!!!For the bedroom across the hall, I was going to turn that into a large walk-in closet.  While I love the house I did buy, that house was more spacious and would have been so nice (sigh).

It's a shame you all are in a rental.  Knocking out a wall, assuming it's not load bearing, is a great and can be a fairly cheap solution.  But I'm sure your landlord would frown upon it, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, our landlord would definitely not be happy with that!
  • DH is a cuddler, and a freaking furnace too. I can’t handle it for more than 5-10 mins, poor him.  I’ll sometimes sleep in the guest room if I can’t sleep but the dog comes and wants to cuddle too. I just want some cool space!!

• I had to lug 10 heavy candles around for 2 straight days because I didn’t want them in my suitcase.  I mean, is it to much to ask the Farnsworth Inn to make wax melts?  Much more carry on friendly.  

• @CharmedPam I think it was Pinterest, but I saw you can make wax melts from candles you own ....
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2019
    @CharmedPam I think it was Pinterest, but I saw you can make wax melts from candles you own ....
    That’a actually a great idea.  I’m nervous about an open flame.  Mostly me forgetting to blow the candle out and leaving. 

• DH is a cuddler, and a freaking furnace too. I can’t handle it for more than 5-10 mins, poor him.  I’ll sometimes sleep in the guest room if I can’t sleep but the dog comes and wants to cuddle too. I just want some cool space!!
    make the dog and your H cuddle lmao
  • @CharmedPam I think it was Pinterest, but I saw you can make wax melts from candles you own ....
    That’a actually a great idea.  I’m nervous about an open flame.  Mostly me forgetting to blow the candle out and leaving. 
    I remember seeing it. I'll look and send it :) but if you google candles to wax melts, you should find it
    make the dog and your H cuddle lmao
    Yoda isn't allowed on our bed.  He used to cuddle with DH, and I was ok with that, but then he kept squeezing up in between us and I had even less space.  The poor Beast is stuck in his bed on the floor again

• Squish is so cute, but now he has officially flipped over into “invasive cuddling” territory. He likes to feel around for the space over my legs and then he settles in and I flop around way too much for that. 

• I want my child to walk but also want her to sit for 2 fucking seconds in the morning lmao

She's discovered she may be able to catch some momentum when walking {she's up to 4 steps last night!} but wants to practice a lot .... 7AM IS NOT THE TIME WHEN I AM TRYING TO GET DRESSED AND SHEPPARD YOU FROM THINGS CHILD