Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    I'm taping the other way, but haven't decided if I'll watch it.  

Does anyone know when Pillow Talk airs?  I haven't seen one on my PVR in over a week, and I can't tell if there is a new episode or not.  The last one I have is when Larissa got the lip injections and Pedro decided to go back to the DR.  I'm finding it hilarious.  

ETA - And what night does the regularly Happy Ever After air?  I have no idea what night it's on

• Pillow talk is Mondays at 8, followed by The Other Way.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    As I was watching last night and Chantel is telling Pedro she's coming to visit it just seemed sooooo staged. I'm convinced their entire story line is for ratings

Ashley and Jay was just odd. And she said she's giving him another chance but we know they got divorced unless I'm mixing them up. I swear I can't keep all of these couples straight. 
  • Pillow talk is Mondays at 8, followed by The Other Way.
    And Happily Ever After is on Sunday nights, though I forget what time.

It seems like sometimes it is called "What Now".  I have no idea what the difference is between "Happily Ever After" and "What Now", lol.  They are both shows about previous couple updates and I'd swear they use the names interchangeably.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    As I was watching last night and Chantel is telling Pedro she's coming to visit it just seemed sooooo staged. I'm convinced their entire story line is for ratings

Ashley and Jay was just odd. And she said she's giving him another chance but we know they got divorced unless I'm mixing them up. I swear I can't keep all of these couples straight. 
    I don't think all the family drama is staged.  I think there are legit problems between the families and the couple.  But it is at least exaggerated and I suspect the animosity between Chantel and Pedro is totally fake.

I did a Google search and checked Soap Dirt.  I hadn't heard anything and also didn't see anything just now that Ashley and Jay are divorced.  But there does seem to be a question about if they are still together or if they are separated.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I couldn't stand the suspense and watched The Other Way last night, lol.  However, I'll wait until some of you have caught up before posting about.

It was more an introduction of the couples and their stories anyway.  No one moved to the other country yet, but they were packing/preparing.  It looks like there is going to be some good drama on the way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Really Elizabeth, you're getting to the point where you can no longer do your part-time job? I mean yes I know some people have complications and can't work as they need bedrest, etc but she hasn't mentioned anything it was just that she's tired from being pregnant and won't be able to work much longer. really? 
  • kvruns said:
    Really Elizabeth, you're getting to the point where you can no longer do your part-time job? I mean yes I know some people have complications and can't work as they need bedrest, etc but she hasn't mentioned anything it was just that she's tired from being pregnant and won't be able to work much longer. really? 
    It can be hard to decide who is more pathetic in their "why I'm not working" excuses.  Elizabeth or Andre.

She also declared to Andre that she will be taking months of maternity leave, so that's the other reason he needs to get a job.

The even more pathetic part is what her job entails.  She's a p/t property manager for her dad's real estate company.  There are large portions of that kind of job that can be done right at home.  I realize it's probably easier said then done to WAH with a baby in the house.  But she could still be doing something for the family business and earn some money.

Speaking of the family business, what is Andre's problem?  His latest flavor of the month is to pick up jobs as a handyman...something I doubt he has much experience with.  Her dad offers him a job doing exactly that...though he did want Andre to ask him for it.  And Andre gives that a hard no, smh.  Instead, it sounded like he had spent hours crafting his "perfect ad", lol.

I'm suspicious he wants to keep cherry picking things or do nothing.  That won't fly with her dad.  But if he's in control of supposedly opening his own handyman service, Elizabeth wouldn't necessarily know if he's getting calls, responding to them, or blowing off jobs.

Not to mention, I think he's way too volatile to be in a business where he has to interact with customers.  I could just see him screaming at a female customer that she doesn't know what she is talking about and he needs to speak to the "man of the house". 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The expectations for Andre were small. Do a few odd jobs and mow the lawn in exchange for rent. Then the FIL loaned, or more likely, gave him the money for trucking school. Then he slipped her money to get another place to live. Elizabeth's dad is a major enabler. If he'd just tell them to figure it out, then Andre would either rise to the occasion or it would fall on Elizabeth to support them. I don't think they would last long.

• @MairePoppy @short+sassy Thanks Ladies.  It magically appeared on my PVR last night, so I'm very happy for tonight.  Even DH finds it funny and he hates all these shows

• kvrunskvruns member

The even more pathetic part is what her job entails.  She's a p/t property manager for her dad's real estate company.  There are large portions of that kind of job that can be done right at home.  I realize it's probably easier said then done to WAH with a baby in the house.  But she could still be doing something for the family business and earn some money.

I would take WAH with a newborn over a toddler anyday. I had no idea how easy I had it back then LOL
  • kvrunskvruns member
    In watching the Other Way show now. I can’t believe the guy with the Ecuador gf who’s given her $40K already!!  It is interesting though that she’s been here for 6 months so at least they’ve spent real time together unlike some others 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Paul and Karinne are actually talking to each other without an app or translator. Wow! Karinne learned English 
  • I watched The Other Way last night. Looks like it's going to be an interesting show! 

The woman that's going to India - how the hell did she think $6k would last her for longer than a few months? And she didn't realize she'd forfeit her social security? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I was actually confused on her because it seemed like a huge leap to give up citizenship vs moving to India to get married. I can't imagine someone would actually jump into giving up citizenship so she still can draw her SSI as long as she is a citizen living abroad. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019
    kvruns said:
    They drive me insane! I distinctly remember the day in my pregnancy I called off of work. I was a week past due. My office was on the second floor and the bathroom was on the first. I was in so much pain I literally couldn’t make it up and down the steps to pee:)
  • kvruns said:
    I was actually confused on her because it seemed like a huge leap to give up citizenship vs moving to India to get married. I can't imagine someone would actually jump into giving up citizenship so she still can draw her SSI as long as she is a citizen living abroad. 
    I said the exact same thing to my H while we were watching the show, ie why in the world would she be giving up her US citizenship.  There is no reason for that and it would be completely nuts.

And I hope she is a lesson for people.  I know it's not easy and takes discipline to save for retirement when it seems like life is throwing other more important things at you.  But that is a mistake.  Pay yourself first, retirement is a priority.  At least if one hopes to retire someday it is.  Or you end up a 60-year-old renter with only $6K in savings.  Of course, nothing wrong with renting.  Retirement is just a lot easier when someone owns their paid-off home.  At least I'm assuming she is renting that condo because she didn't mention selling it.

I'll get off my financial advice soapbox now, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    In watching the Other Way show now. I can’t believe the guy with the Ecuador gf who’s given her $40K already!!  It is interesting though that she’s been here for 6 months so at least they’ve spent real time together unlike some others
    No kidding! It seems like he is literally a "babe in the woods" and is both gullible and inexperienced.  I can't imagine this relationship is going to work out:

--He wants her to become Mormon. She says "absolutely no way".  And even finds Mormonism cult-like.

--He wants to have a bunch of kids.  She does not want any children.  Not even one.  When people are this firmly on two different sides of the kids vs. no kids camp, as sad as it is, that needs to be a dealbreaker because it's a very important issue and there is no compromise.

--She expects him to have endless streams of money and completely support her while I guess she lies around doing nothing.  Maybe she'll at least do the cooking, cleaning, running errands for the household.  Maybe.  Except it doesn't sound like he has any more money.  He's wined and dined her on his savings and now it's almost gone.

Oh, that's right.  They used his money to buy "investments" in Ecuador.  I wonder if these will turn out to be like Azan's make-believe beauty shop.  Even if it is real, I don't get the impression that either one of them have any experience or education in running a business.  For Corey, it could be especially problematic because he doesn't speak the language, doesn't understand the culture, and laws/regulations for businesses and owning properties can be very different from what they are in the US.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last, but not least.  Tiffany and Ronald (South Africa).

Oh, honey.  Seriously.  WTF is wrong with you?!?!  Run!  RUN!!!

Let's review.  Your FI is a thief and gambling addict.  Period.  He went to jail because his MOM had him arrested because he stole from HER so many times.  But you think you're safe whhhyyyy?  Because he went to rehab and JUST got out?  So now he's a changed man?

And hopefully he is.  But it is WAY too soon to tell.  Yet, she is going to not only uproot her own life, but also her 8-year-old son's life that he has.  Tiffany, even your FI would never have taken a gamble on this bet with such long odds.

I also love how both Tiffany and Ronald only speak of his gambling addiction, ie  "he got in trouble and went to jail because of his gambling addiction".  I was initially super confused by this because one does not go to jail for having a gambling addiction.  Does South Africa have some weird, different laws that one can?  Then later in the episode...oh! no, they don't...he didn't go to jail for a gambling addiction.  He went to jail because he STOLE to fund his gambling, smh.

Girl, stop with your euphemisms and call a spade, a spade, ie ""he got in trouble and went to jail because he stole items."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Re: the couple going to Ecuador. He invested $2000 in a cocktail bar? What even??? What the hell is that going to get you? A free drink? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    The Ecuador one - how does she think he’s going to make money to keep up their lifestyle when he’s down there and either can’t work or can’t get anything decent being a foreigner. Or maybe he’ll work at one of his “investments”
  • Colt said he felt so bad he called the police the first time but he presses battery charges on her again! Is that his passive/aggressive way of making sure she is deported? 

Chantel has only made things worse going to the Dominican Rep. Has she watched the fight video? Her mother started the whole thing by asking the the sister-in-law why she clapped when Chantel went to work. It was petty and blew up out of control. 

Ashley either let it go and try to forgive or let him go.
  • kvruns said:
    The Ecuador one - how does she think he’s going to make money to keep up their lifestyle when he’s down there and either can’t work or can’t get anything decent being a foreigner. Or maybe he’ll work at one of his “investments”
    In the episode yesterday, yeah.  He thinks he can support himself and his FI with that beach bar.  At least it appears to actually exist!  There was footage of it in the episode.

@debbeau, It was a jerk move the way Pedro left for the DR, ie being flippant about when or even "if" he was coming back.  Not to mention he isn't working while he is there so he is spending money, not making it, which is a double whammy.  But the one thing he did need was time away from Chantel to decompress and evaluate things.  This might be an UO, but I think it was a mistake for her to go down there as soon as she did.  She just pushed him away further.

Unfortunately, they both have completely awful, toxic families.  But it's much worse for Pedro because he is exposed to her family so much more often.  On top of that, Chantel rarely has his back.  And she is SUCH an idiot!!!  She's always talking about how much she wishes they would get along.  But then she goes to her family and bad mouths him, every time she's upset with him!  Which just adds to their already unfair negative opinion of him.

--------------------

It reminds me of a story from my own life from when I was dating a long-time (now ex) b/f (sorry it's long).  My mom and her H were coming to visit me for the first time since I'd moved to NOLA.  My b/f and I were excited that our moms would finally meet.  I had the itinerary of what mom/H were going to be doing and went to both my b/f (separately) and to my b/f and his mom (together) as to what events/things she would like to join us for.

His mom was very excited about going to a French Food Festival with us.  Awesome!  Great!  Did she want to join us for brunch on XYZ day?  No.  Did she want to join us for the fancy dinner at Delmonico's (an Emeril restaurant), because we were getting ready to make reservations (a month in advance)?  No.

Fast forward to when my family is in town. On the morning of, I asked again if she wanted to join us for brunch.  She didn't (totally fine).  Then, 1-2 days before our Emeril's dinner, my b/f calls me.  I can tell he is already in a sh**ty mood.  Which is a bad sign because, although it doesn't happen often, he sometimes LOVES to pick fights over nothing when he's like that.

He hasn't even asked her, but tells me he wants his mom to go to dinner with all of us.  I point out that she didn't when we talked to her previously and, quite frankly, now it's probably too late.  They had few reservations left when we'd called a month ago.  He starts getting mad at me with "what do I have against his mother, why don't I want her there".  WTF?!?!  I even told him that, if his mom wanted to go now, I would try to get a reservation for a party of 5, but I couldn't promise anything.  Because this isn't Denny's.  It's a popular, intimate 4-star restaurant and their reservations start filling up months ahead of time.

I don't know what he said to his mother.  But he definitely gave the impression that I didn't WANT her at that dinner.  I called her the next day and tried to do damage control.  My mom had even called the restaurant and found out they had ONE early-ass reservation at 5:00 left, that would fit us all.  I apologized that b/f had started the conversation in a bad mood and I know he gave her the wrong impression of what I had said.  I told her we were able to score a reservation for 5 people and would love for her to join us.  In a frosty tone, she told me "no, she was busy that night."  I then said something like, "That's okay, I understand.  I'm really looking forward to all of us going to the French Food Festival."  Same frosty tone, "No.  I'm busy for that too."

Before this incident, I'd always had a decent relationship with his mom.  But he ruined it.  In one night.  Because he was temper tantrum'ing and talked s**t about me.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    What’s up with Florida lady and the Tunisia/Qatar He does seem to genuinely like her as opposed to usually the “hot” guys seem indifferent to the women even when talking on the phone or chat. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I like that Paul says it might be the last time he sees his mom bc of the embargo. I’m sorry but what?! That wouldn’t make it so he can’t travel back home 
  • kvruns said:
    I like that Paul says it might be the last time he sees his mom bc of the embargo. I’m sorry but what?! That wouldn’t make it so he can’t travel back home 
    I think you may have misunderstood that.  I assumed he was saying it could be the last time he sees his mom because he isn't going to be able to afford to come back for trips.

I also think it was just him being his usual drama-llama self. He got in that unbelievable big argument with her because she won't co-sponsor Karine's visa.  Like she's told him all along she won't.  Because he's a grown f**king 35-year-old man and it's his responsibility to take care of his family and make enough money to bring them over himself.  And he has the nerve to tell her she should do it because it's "family" and she's blocking her DIL and grandchild from coming to the US.  Although he says it calmly in the goodbye, he does threaten in that argument that she probably won't see him again if he has to move to Brazil.  As yet another manipulation to get her to co-sign the visa.

He's had a year to get a job paying at least $26K annually, so he didn't need a sponsor.  Which breaks down to $12.50/hour.  I know finding a job can be easier said than done sometimes.  But that's not a very high bar, even for Louisville, KY.  I live in a low wages area also, but he should still be able to make that in construction jobs or working as a server in a restaurant.  But that would also involve him having some motivation to GET and WORK a F/T job.  It's pretty obvious he's been coasting through life living with his parents, where they pay all his expenses so he can save his money from whatever, random stuff he does.

In fact, during the argument, his mom even said, "I'm already supporting you!  I can't afford to support two more people!"  His mom is "off" and creepy too.  But I was totally rooting for her in that moment, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    What’s up with Florida lady and the Tunisia/Qatar He does seem to genuinely like her as opposed to usually the “hot” guys seem indifferent to the women even when talking on the phone or chat. 
    I am REALLY curious as to why the Qatar guy and the Indian guy aren't coming to the U.S.  It hasn't been explained yet for either one.

I'm also annoyed that we are now on episode TWO of The Other Way and still none of the couples have met up with their FIs in the foreign country!  WTH is up with that?  The closest is Palm Springs lady arrived at the Indian airport at the end of the episode, but Sumit(?) wasn't there to meet her.  I guess it's a cliffhanger for the next episode, smh.

They also still haven't really talked about the pregnant woman whose FI lives in South Korea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Oh for sure Paul was just being a drama llama his wording just made me laugh like shut up dude. 

I dont think I even remember the pregnant person??
  • kvruns said:
    Oh for sure Paul was just being a drama llama his wording just made me laugh like shut up dude. 

I dont think I even remember the pregnant person??
    Exactly, lol.

I think there was a brief one-scene intro on the first episode, that was only her talking and they interspersed some pics/footage of him.  At the point they were filming her, you couldn't tell she was pregnant either from the angles or she just wasn't far enough to show yet (I can't remember which).  But she said she was pregnant.  Other than that, they've only been in footage of "upcoming" scenes/shows.

If I remember correctly, they met on a dating app and she's been over to South Korea a few times.  I'm not sure if he's been to the US.  She got pregnant during one of those trips and he asked her to marry him, though I think they'd already been talking about marriage.  They have footage of him asking her in person in Korea, so I assume that was yet another visit.  As such, I get the impression she probably makes somewhat regular visits over there, which is about as good as you can get for an LDR!  So hopefully that is a good sign for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Oh gotcha, glad I didn’t some how miss a couple who’d been on for a while. That will be interesting to see