Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• @banana468, that’s so heartbreaking  :'(
    glad you’re starting to feel better @short+sassy! Fx for you

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    oh banana so sorry to hear that 
  • Banana - I'm very sorry for your loss. Prayers for your niece and family.
  • edited June 2019
    Sending lots of thoughts and hugs for your family, @banana468.

I’m so sorry about M’s grandma, @MissKittyDanger. Sending thoughts and hugs for your family as well.

Wow, @CharmedPam, that’s intense. Take good care of yourself.

@charlotte989875, DW has some weird feelings about Father’s Day too. Her father was an alcoholic and addict who also had untreated PTSD (abusive family and combat in Vietnam) and a host of other mental health issues. It’s also complicated for her because of the relationship she has with SD. SD was born before DW transitioned, so she’s not her father, but she’s not her mother either. SD calls us by our first names and calls her stepdad, “Daddy,” which I know is hard on DW sometimes. 

Speaking of SD, she told her bio-mom that she’s gay. I’m relieved and excited because she won’t have to go through all the nonsense that girls who like boys have to deal with, but I’m also worried for her because she doesn’t live in the most LGBTQIA+ friendly part of the country. But her mom and stepdad will fight like hell for her. I just wish we lived closer so I could get her a rainbow cake.

Edited to add: I’m also happy that SD knows who she is and is comfortable with it so young (she’s 9 1/2). I was about 20 before I had any idea I might be anything but straight, and then I denied it for the next 19 years. It won’t be easy for her, but she won’t have to go through what DW and I went through to get to where we are today.

• Sending lots of thoughts and hugs for your family, @banana468.

I’m so sorry about M’s grandma, @MissKittyDanger. Sending thoughts and hugs for your family as well.

Wow, @CharmedPam, that’s intense. Take good care of yourself.

@charlotte989875, DW has some weird feelings about Father’s Day too. Her father was an alcoholic and addict who also had untreated PTSD (abusive family and combat in Vietnam) and a host of other mental health issues. It’s also complicated for her because of the relationship she has with SD. SD was born before DW transitioned, so she’s not her father, but she’s not her mother either. SD calls us by our first names and calls her stepdad, “Daddy,” which I know is hard on DW sometimes. 

Speaking of SD, she told her bio-mom that she’s gay. I’m relieved and excited because she won’t have to go through all the nonsense that girls who like boys have to deal with, but I’m also worried for her because she doesn’t live in the most LGBTQIA+ friendly part of the country. But her mom and stepdad will fight like hell for her. I just wish we lived closer so I could get her a rainbow cake.

Edited to add: I’m also happy that SD knows who she is and is comfortable with it so young (she’s 9 1/2). I was about 20 before I had any idea I might be anything but straight, and then I denied it for the next 19 years. It won’t be easy for her, but she won’t have to go through what DW and I went through to get to where we are today.

It sounds like our fathers have a lot in common! 

Could you mail her cookies? There are tons of custom cookie delivery options!
  • So I still can't post a picture, but here is her profile!
    https://brooklinelabrescue.org/blog/cassie-yellow-labrador-retriever-7yrs/
    She is adorable! Congratulations!
    OMGGG PUPPERINA!!
    Those puppy smiles!!!
  • @OliveOilsMom, Cassie is so cute!  She looks like a sweetie.

@ILoveBeachMusic, I'm glad the little guys liked their first cakes!  I'm with you, that does seem like unusual/a bit rude behavior on the part of DD's MIL.  Especially for a casual gathering, even more so when it's family, I always offer to help and it seems like most people do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker