Wedding Woes

Curly hair peeps

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited June 2019 in Wedding Woes
I fell for some FB marketing and it's been worth it.

I started using the LUS brand of shampoo/conditioner/styler.  They have both a wavy and a curly line.  There's been a learning curve, but I have more defined curls than I've ever had in my life.  I have way less frizz than I've ever had.  I do need a haircut, so I've got some weigh down on the top, but I'm seriously impressed and am going to keep using it.  They have loads of videos for both wavy and curly hair to try and help you learn to use it.  They also seem to have some amazing customer service.  If you're having issues using their products, they ask you to send a photo of your air dried curls after shampoo/condition and then a photo of your curls with their styling products.  Loads of rave reviews about their customer service.  I was about to message them, but they posted a new video of a wavy hair person who sounded like my hair and I used their method and it is working much better.

Oh and their spray bottle is awesome.  You just pump it one time and it constantly sprays a fine mist for maybe 5 seconds and wets my hair back down.

ETA: They actually have wavy, curly, and kinky coil.  They follow the normal curl types.  IIRC, I'm 2C, though with the right product I can look like a 3A.

I hope this resizes in the post.

Re: Curly hair peeps

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    Your curls look amazing! I have naturally wavy hair and have found absolutely nothing that helps keep the waves defined without weighing them down and also elimination the frizz, thus leading me to spend time every morning straightening my hair. I'll have to check this stuff out.
  • I just saw the ad for this and I was wondering if it was worth it!! I have very similar curls (just slightly tighter spirals) and have been battling more friz this season than I’d like. 

Are they expensive/ do they last a while or are you running through product quickly?
  • Your curls look amazing! I have naturally wavy hair and have found absolutely nothing that helps keep the waves defined without weighing them down and also elimination the frizz, thus leading me to spend time every morning straightening my hair. I'll have to check this stuff out.
    https://youtu.be/2eqNXnN9c4E

That's the video that helped me.  I can't rake the product through or do the praying hands method, b/c it pulls out all the curl and becomes stick straight.  So, I followed her method and just scrunch the hell out of it before diffusing.  I'm still playing with air drying, it doesn't feel quite right yet.  I've got some hair damage, which I think is most of my frizzy right now, so I'm thinking about buying their deep conditioner and see if I like that.

Basically I wrap my hair up in a microfiber towel, do all my stuffs, then spray down sections and use the product like she does (it's water activated, so your hair has to be wet, but somehow the shower didn't work for me at all).  Repeat until my whole head is finished.
  • I just saw the ad for this and I was wondering if it was worth it!! I have very similar curls (just slightly tighter spirals) and have been battling more friz this season than I’d like. 

Are they expensive/ do they last a while or are you running through product quickly?
    I'd say they're higher end in terms of price.  I really like only washing my hair every 3-4 days.  I think, once I learn how to use the products (they have a method of "refreshing" your hair that seems to be working for me), I can stretch out to 4-5 days w/out washing, which is really good for me.  I don't use a lot of the shampoo (which smells good).  I do always feel like I need more conditioner than I'm using, but I think I have some damage that I need to work on repairing.  So, that $45 intro set was bought in beginning of May I believe.  I still have at least 1/2 bottles of shampoo/conditioner and a mostly full bottle of style product.

I bought the intro set that I think was $45 and their infinity spray bottle, $16 (this thing is worth it, I'm getting a 2nd one, so I can have one for just water and one that is water + a few pumps of the product for refreshing).
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hmmm. My new stylist is a deva curl person so I’ve been trying that and doing okay. I can’t figure how to go more than a day without washing. 
  • Your hair looks fabulous! 
  •  I saw the ad for that on FB too. I was wondering how it was and the price - I normally don't click ads. I have short curly hair that I often air dry in the summer/spring and into the fall. It just needs more volume after air drying. I might have to look into this. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • 6fsn said:
    Hmmm. My new stylist is a deva curl person so I’ve been trying that and doing okay. I can’t figure how to go more than a day without washing. 
    I finally gave up on Deva Curl. I feel like if I rinsed for an hour, I might be able to get it all out, but the rest of the time, it felt like the product was weighing down my hair and greasy.  I couldn't wait to shampoo again.

So, this one recommends getting your hair super wet again with the bottle of water with about 2-3 pumps of the styling product in it depending on hair length/coarseness and then do the same as any other routine day.  I did that 2 days running and was really pleased with how much the curls recovered, even on the 3rd.  My curls tend to totally fall out after sleeping, no matter if I use a bonnet, satin pillow, etc.  My main problem was that my scalp was itchy, not that anything felt or smelled dirty at all and I finally couldn't stand it, so washed my hair on the 4th day.  They have a hair oil that you are supposed to be able to use on your scalp to keep that from happening (b/c basically my scalp was getting dry), that I'm considering trying.  It's a brand new product though, so i'm kinda waiting to see reviews from other people w/my hair type.
  • Oh and for those curious, I have fine hair with what I call an aggressive wave, I just have a lot of fine hair, so it's thick.  So the bulk of my hair is on the sides, not the top.  This has really increased the volume too.  I was laughing b/c I'm kind of uncomfortable with how much hair I seem to have suddenly but it looks really nice and feels soft, which is a big thing for me.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Oh and for those curious, I have fine hair with what I call an aggressive wave, I just have a lot of fine hair, so it's thick.  So the bulk of my hair is on the sides, not the top.  This has really increased the volume too.  I was laughing b/c I'm kind of uncomfortable with how much hair I seem to have suddenly but it looks really nice and feels soft, which is a big thing for me.
    Good to know about the volume! I have sort of the same - I have quite of bit of hair but it's more fine. So whenever I leave it natural and wavy, it doesn't look great because there's no volume at the top/roots.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have sooooo much hair. My issue with washing is I sweat so much and in the mornings it’s crazy head. I’m also growing out and it’s at a bad stage (for another 6 months).