Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I watched Sunday's 90 DF but I barely paid attention so I dont remember much aside from Larissa's second arrest and Pedro and Chantal having the same fight over and over.

I think I'm much more interested in the new Other Way couples and want to watch that episode tonight.
  • I haven't watched this week's episode yet. But Pedro and Chantel just need to get divorced already. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    I felt like both new episodes of Happily Ever After and The Other Way weren't much.

Happily Ever After:

--Pao and Russ--Going to have their baby at home in a kiddie pool, with a midwife and her assistant in attendance.  Plus Pao's mom, who came in from Colombia for the birth.  Note to self, "Add 'no water births' to take place in these premises to my leases." lol.

--Colt and Larissa--Larissa was arrested again for domestic battery (some charge like that).  Only her mugshot was in the episode.  It was mainly Colt fretting and talking about what happened.  This time, it was someone else who called the police.

--Pedro and Chantel--He wanted Chantel to apologize to his sister.  Which I know she didn't agree to.  Neither woman wanted to meet.  But he wanted them to "talk it out".  Because that strategy has worked so well with this couple and their families (eye roll).  Rudeness and disrespect "from and to" all parties ensues.

The Other Way:

Third episode.  THIRD.  And ONE American has arrived in their new country, smh.  Whoops.  Two couples, if you count Paul and Karine.  I kinda don't.  He's already lived there.

Sumit and Jenny--They do seem really happy together, but he has said multiple times he's not sure if he can go through with choosing Jenny over his parents.  WTF?!?  Well, it's a little late now, dude.

Tiffany and Ronald -- She's getting ready to go to South Africa and preparing her son emotionally for the move.  They get on the plane toward the end of the episode.

Lauren and Aladin (Qatar guy) -- She dishes with some guy who is such a good friend she calls him her brother.  Yet, doesn't seem to know anything about Aladin.  Maybe that was faked for tv.  Or maybe how their friendship is was faked.  Something was faked, lol.  Apparently, her and Aladin are already married.  They tied the knot 9 days after they met, when she was visiting him.  All righty then.

Paul and Karine--She's worried about what kind of a provider he will be.  Uh, yeah.  She should be.  He decides to "surprise" her by showing up in Brazil.  As he approaches their apartment building, he is talking about what a bad neighborhood it is.  It's night time.  Then, he proceeds to unlock the door and walk inside and then walks into her bedroom.  I really, really hope the "surprise" part was fake and she did know he was coming.  Because can you even imagine how TERRIFYING that would be otherwise?!?!?  Surely he did not really do something that he knew would be scaring the s**t out of his 7-8-month pregnant wife.  

And still no scenes with the pregnant woman with the South Korean FI, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Sumit and Jenny - he said he's moving 1.5-2 hrs away. That just seems crazy, I wonder which location is closer to his work. Seems too far to me. But they also seem to have a nice place and he bought all new stuff but then says he can't afford it. I would think he'd have a decent amount of money after living at home forever. 

Aladin and Lauren - I thought it was weird too that they act like he knows nothing about him if they're so close. And that they're already married.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Paul - he brings her all her chocolate, makeup, etc but didn't prioritize baby stuff? And I wonder how many more stuffed animals he brought her. 
  • kvruns said:
    Paul - he brings her all her chocolate, makeup, etc but didn't prioritize baby stuff? And I wonder how many more stuffed animals he brought her. 
    And all his bulky Kevlar stuff (eye roll).  I hope he mailed packages for all that baby stuff he got and had to leave behind.  That simple idea seemed beyond him when he was freaking out at the airport the first time.  But yeah, he seems to have no common sense at all.

Not to mention, why didn't he save money to begin with and buy a lot of that baby stuff in Brazil.  I realize some items might be hard to find there, as opposed to the US, but I'll point out that millions of Brazilian families have been raising their babies just fine over the years without US citizens bringing them stuff, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Because it wouldn't be a Pole story line without bringing 17 pieces of luggage and the strangest "safety" devices. 
  • kvruns said:
    Because it wouldn't be a Pole story line without bringing 17 pieces of luggage and the strangest "safety" devices. 
    So true, lmao!

His mom gave him more of her hair also.  At least this time it was a lock of hair, instead of a mess she took out her brush.  Sad that I see that as an improvement, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Hey, Paul has it all figured out. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/90-day-fiance-star-paul-reveals-what-he-and-karine-are-saving-up-for/ 

• kvrunskvruns member
    what the heck on all of their Go Fund Me things - haven't they had several. And really for a crib? I did chuckle a bit at the 3 in 1 kind only because it seems like everyone down there lives in a level of poverty and that kind of crib definitely seems like a luxury in that type of situation. 
  • Probably an UO, but I don't really side-eye people who have unnecessary Go Fund Me accounts.  Though I do side-eye people that contribute to them, lol.  I mean, if I was semi-famous and had fans asking me to set up a Go Fund Me account so they could contribute to whatever I was doing, I'd set one up.

I see it as a way for fans to feel like they're a small part of it.  And while I think that's stupid when there are actual worthy causes out there, people can do what they want with their money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2019
    kvruns said:
    what the heck on all of their Go Fund Me things - haven't they had several. And really for a crib? I did chuckle a bit at the 3 in 1 kind only because it seems like everyone down there lives in a level of poverty and that kind of crib definitely seems like a luxury in that type of situation. 
    Plus, isn't it Paul and Karine's goal to come to the U.S? So why load up on stuff down there, especially big stuff. I suppose it would be nice if they end up donating the stuff to people down there, when they leave.

• kvruns said:
    Plus, isn't Paul and Karine's goal to come to the U.S? So why load up on stuff down there, especially big stuff. I suppose it would be nice if they end up donating the stuff to people down there, when they leave.
    Supposedly he has moved to Brazil permanently.

He didn't make enough money on his own to sponsor her visa.  And his parents wouldn't co-sign.

My cousin married a man from Spain.  Though they moved to Spain and lived there for the first two years of their marriage.  But when she got a great job back in the US, her mom had to co-sign his visa.  Not because my cousin didn't make enough money, but because it was a new job and her previous employer was in Spain of course, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tiffany, what are you thinking? You are taking your son to live away from everything he knows to be with a man he has never met and is calling him dad. Isn’t it possible to wait to make sure Ronald’s life becomes stable? 

Summit really seems to care about Jenny but it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Paul, you are an idiot 
  • kvruns said:
    Plus, isn't Paul and Karine's goal to come to the U.S? So why load up on stuff down there, especially big stuff. I suppose it would be nice if they end up donating the stuff to people down there, when they leave.
    Supposedly he has moved to Brazil permanently.

He didn't make enough money on his own to sponsor her visa.  And his parents wouldn't co-sign.

My cousin married a man from Spain.  Though they moved to Spain and lived there for the first two years of their marriage.  But when she got a great job back in the US, her mom had to co-sign his visa.  Not because my cousin didn't make enough money, but because it was a new job and her previous employer was in Spain of course, lol!
    Call me cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if he used the GFM to bring her to the U.S.  don't see Paul surviving long in Brazil, with his total lack of common sense and his Portuguese App can only take him so far.

• kvrunskvruns member
    I think it is crazy he hasn't even tried to learn the language, especially since he's going to be living there for a while.

I hate the storylines when the kid calls this person they've never met dad. 
  • kvruns said:
    I think it is crazy he hasn't even tried to learn the language, especially since he's going to be living there for a while.

That's a pet peeve of mine. When people move to a foreign country, they need to do their best to learn the language. Or at least fluent enough for every day interactions.  Not to mention, Karine is taking English classes to better communicate with Paul!  And she isn't even the one moving.

This is my other Paul irritation from way back when.  When he proposed to her, he made a heart out of chains that were on the dock...hmmm, heart out of chains, yeah...anyway, he wrote "Will you marry me?" in the sand on the inside.  Except he wrote in English, instead of Portuguese.  Perfect proof of what a thoughtless, selfish jerk he is.  So she comes out and isn't even sure what it says.

I also hate when people aren't more protective of their kids and encourage that kind of close relationship too fast.  And then she says multiple times that "if her son isn't happy, they will come back".

Puh-leez!  If she wanted to do what is best for her son, she would have had her vacation fling and moved on.  Instead of hitching her star to someone with a recent criminal record that would never be able to move to the US.  Plus she is marrying this guy almost as soon as they arrive.  No way she is leaving her husband if her son doesn't like him or doesn't like it in South Africa.  So hopefully her son likes it, because he IS stuck with it.

In addition, they keep saying "South Africa", but not WHERE he is in South Africa.  Assuming it is Johannesburg, that is one of the most dangerous and crime-ridden cities in the world.  No way would I move there, much less bring a child.  Hopefully Ronald lives elsewhere in that country.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I found Paul amusing on his very first season because it was like wtf is wrong with this guy, but anything beyond that I don't even like watching him anymore
  • kvruns said:

Ashley is stupid, but at least she hasn't involved her children in the 90 Day Fiance fiasco. Or maybe their father wouldn't allow it. It makes me sad that Nicole has told May that Azan is Daddy. I really wish the grandmother would step in and ask for custody.

• kvrunskvruns member
    Good point on Ashley, the small bright spot on her! I do wish Nicole's parents would seek custody of her, but I understand why they haven't because they're probably afraid Nicole will run off and disappear and they won't get to see her at all. Even though they are enabling Nicole I've always thought at least part of it was also to help May
  • kvruns said:

Ashley is stupid, but at least she hasn't involved her children in the 90 Day Fiance fiasco. Or maybe their father wouldn't allow it. It makes me sad that Nicole has told May that Azan is Daddy. I really wish the grandmother would step in and ask for custody.
    It seems like the father of Ashley's children is actively involved in their lives.  She's casually mentioned on a few occasions that "they are with their dad this week/weekend".

For my general rant, lol. Parents break-up and it's sad, but understandable.  However, there are way, WAY too many kids growing up with only one parent in their lives.  Usually the mother.  It's disgusting how many people can't be bothered to stay in their child's life.

For example, Tiffany's son.  He seems so desperate to have a father that even he is clinging to this guy he doesn't even know.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The episodes of 90DF are slowly building up in my DVR and I haven't wanted to watch any of them.  I fear I might be over it. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Finally the Korean couple on The Other Way. And umm yea the American has a crazy kid - she’s letting her walk on tables and stuff. Maybe just for the show but yikes. Trying to figure out the girl’s name - Dristila? 

He made her pee on the test in front of him??
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited June 2019
    I like how Jenny is acting like this is her first time in India but yet she’s been there before and it isn’t like they’ve never had a night together 

i love how the Ecuador/ Mormon couple she didn’t come pick him up and is just like you’re a big boy find your own way here. I’m sure it’s probably just for the show but it made me laugh and seems to fit their relationship and situation to a T
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Andrei - I think it’s nice he wants to be with his dad but all he is doing is wanting to be with him in the final leg of his journey which is NYC to FL. By that time his trip is basically done so it can’t really do that much for him to spend a bunch of $ you don’t have 

I FFW through the Pao pregnancy part bc she just annoys me and I don’t care to watch them anymore. I think I’m over all of these couples on Happily Ever After 
  • I'm caught up on The Other Way. 

That's messed up Evelin didn't show up to the airport. The poor dude has to wrangle like 4 suitcases on a bus? 

Deaven or whatever - her kid is quite wild. She's going to terrify those parents from South Korea. She was standing on the counter throwing bowls out of the cabinet!?!? and you just let her?

I feel so bad for Tiffany's son - I hope this works out for them. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I just looked up Deaven's daughter's name: Drascilla    I was close lol
  • @kvruns, I think the little girl's name is Drusilla. Which immediately made me think of a Disney villainess name, lol. I even Googled it to figure out which villainess I was thinking of.  I was a little off.  One of Cinderella's evil stepsisters is named Drizella, lol.  I'm also hoping that outrageously bad parenting was just for the cameras.

I was completely stunned that apparently Corey had asked Evelin to marry him and she said no.  But he gave her a bunch of money to start a business and is moving there anyway.  However, just like the US, he needs to marry her in 90 days or his visa runs out.  Dude!  WTF is wrong with you?  I think Evelin is giving Mohammad/Azan a run for their money in the "Most Obvious Romance Scam on 90DF" award.  She doesn't even agree to marry this guy and he's showering his life savings on her.

So ridiculous Andrei spent $600 on a flight to meet his dad at JFK, just to accompany him for the very last leg of the trip.  Elizabeth has GOT to stop kow-towing to him just because he's loud and aggressive or she is going to keep getting run over.  And then he's trying to give her this huge guilt trip because it's "family".  Ecuador Evelin needs to give them lessons on "dad's a big boy, he'll figure it out", lol.

Russ and Pao have gone way too far into the TMI zone.  Back a couple episodes when they were reading the letter they wrote to their baby that had been miscarried, I fast-forwarded through that.  It's so personal, I was uncomfortable even hearing it.  Only for them to one-up even that by filming/airing Pao's labor and delivery.  No, no, no, hell no.  Don't want a front row seat to medical procedures and people in pain.  Fast-forwarded through that also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I fast forward through all the Russ and Pao scenes. 

And yes, omg, I forgot that Evelin doesn't even want to get marries. And that she's already turned down a proposal? What is Corey doing?
  • kvruns said:
    I just looked up Deaven's daughter's name: Drascilla    I was close lol
    Me too! lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker