Wedding Reception Forum

Playlist Song Ideas

Im wanting to know some possible songs to add to our playlist for the reception. It is an outdoor wedding/reception for 50 guests, and there will be no dancing. What would be the best songs to play to keep everyone entertained (PLEASE NO COUNTRY MUSIC)

Answers

• Im wanting to know some possible songs to add to our playlist for the reception. It is an outdoor wedding/reception for 50 guests, and there will be no dancing. What would be the best songs to play to keep everyone entertained (PLEASE NO COUNTRY MUSIC)
    If there’s no dancing I think you can just play music that you like in the background. Most people will be talking/interacting with other guests if there’s no dancing, and especially since it’s outaide (ie more ambient noise) I don’t think many people will need to be entertained, or really notice, the music. I say, play things you like!
  • I agree with @charlotte989875, play whatever you like. If you’re concerned about lyrics being either distracting or inappropriate, jazz and classical are always options.
  • Here’s a playlist I made that we ended up not using. It’s short (only about 45 minutes), so you’ll need to add to it.

• Thank you!! Im also wondering about how many songs I should have total?
  • Thank you!! Im also wondering about how many songs I should have total?
    I would think about how long your reception is going to last and have at least that much music, rather than # of songs. 

But assuming each each song is roughly 3 minutes in length you probably need 20 songs per hour for each hour you’re expecting guests.