Snarky Brides

Baby Shower R.S.V.P

Okay for my wedding we didn't use the R.S.V.P that the Knot has, each invitation had _ of # that we chose attending. We had people cross out the # we put and add people, when confronted about it the people they added did not meet the criteria we had set as far as plus ones go, and they still brought them even though we had made it clear that the invitation was only meant to include certain people. I have been to two weddings now that have used the R.S.V. P on the knot and I love it. If I had a do-over we would definitely be using the R.S.V. P on the Knot. The thing I like the most about it is that guests can't add, you find your name and r.s.v.p for whoever is in your invited party. Now the thing is I'm hosting a baby shower for someone close to me and am looking for some type of site where I can put in the guest names and they have to find their name to rsvp and can't add people. Does anyone know of a site that replicates the knots guest list this way?

Re: Baby Shower R.S.V.P

• I can't imagine that people would add people to a baby shower RSVP. I guess some people might want to bring the children. I would just send out invites and have you as the person to whom people RSVP. 
  • jenilynn3 said:
    Okay for my wedding we didn't use the R.S.V.P that the Knot has, each invitation had _ of # that we chose attending. We had people cross out the # we put and add people, when confronted about it the people they added did not meet the criteria we had set as far as plus ones go, and they still brought them even though we had made it clear that the invitation was only meant to include certain people. I have been to two weddings now that have used the R.S.V. P on the knot and I love it. If I had a do-over we would definitely be using the R.S.V. P on the Knot. The thing I like the most about it is that guests can't add, you find your name and r.s.v.p for whoever is in your invited party. Now the thing is I'm hosting a baby shower for someone close to me and am looking for some type of site where I can put in the guest names and they have to find their name to rsvp and can't add people. Does anyone know of a site that replicates the knots guest list this way?
    You can do it through evite I believe. But I agree with PP that I doubt people will add on guests for a baby shower. Kids maybe and you’ll have to decide how to handle that but I think a shower is a different type of event people don’t tend to expect to bring along a date/guest like they do for weddings. 
  • What was the issue with plus ones and extra guests?  Just curious.
  • People are not going to add extra guests to a baby shower. 

Also, what criteria did you set for your invite list??
  • I’m guessing you had (incorrect) and arbitrary rules regarding plus ones. Everyone who considers themselves to be in a relationship must be invited with their significant other, regardless of length of time together or “status.” If you tried to exclude people’s significant others you owe them an apology. 

I can’t see people adding on extra guests for a baby shower so I think that’s a non issue. 

• LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    Who are all these people out there dying to go to baby showers?! 

• Who are all these people out there dying to go to baby showers?! 

Right? Baby showers are an obligation to me, not an event I crave to attend. The only one I’ve ever enjoyed was in an expensive boutique hotel on the beach, with alcohol and high quality catered food, zero games, and present opening involvement from the guests was optional instead of the usual captive audience vibe. 

• levioosa said:
    Who are all these people out there dying to go to baby showers?! 

Right? Baby showers are an obligation to me, not an event I crave to attend. The only one I’ve ever enjoyed was in an expensive boutique hotel on the beach, with alcohol and high quality catered food, zero games, and present opening involvement from the guests was optional instead of the usual captive audience vibe. 
    Best baby shower I went to was in an art gallery. No alcohol (parents-to-be and most of the guests were in recovery), no silly games. Just good food and good music. BF at the time and I gave them some children’s books, which they appreciated.
  • Assuming these people were including someone when you included their S.O with invite list - but PP's are right, people won't automatically include another person.
    People with kids though, ask ahead of time if their kids are coming. With my baby shower, kids coming was kind of a toss up. Only 2 kids came - out of potentially almost 9 {I think}
  • Evite does allow guests to add extra people. I don't know if there's a way to turn it off, but every Evite I've sent and received allows this. However, I really wouldn't worry about extra people coming to your shower. Even if you have zero games, great food, and good booze, most people won't know that in advance and will be unlikely to crash. 

Personally, I kind of dread shower invites, and usually just go to be kind (and deliver the goods, of course). If I have fun, it's always a pleasant surprise.

Do plan for kids, though, if your friends already have children.
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2019
    Ditto PP's.  My MIL is already going crazy planning a baby shower for ME and I don't even want to go....

OP - i really wouldn't worry about uninvited guests.  

ETA: this was meant more as a point that people don't LOOOOOVE baby showers.  Not that I'm not grateful someone is throwing me one.  
  • maine7mob said:
    Evite does allow guests to add extra people. I don't know if there's a way to turn it off, but every Evite I've sent and received allows this. However, I really wouldn't worry about extra people coming to your shower. Even if you have zero games, great food, and good booze, most people won't know that in advance and will be unlikely to crash. 

Personally, I kind of dread shower invites, and usually just go to be kind (and deliver the goods, of course). If I have fun, it's always a pleasant surprise.

Do plan for kids, though, if your friends already have children.
    if it's through fb, you can set it to only those running the event can invite.
    Also, if there's question if people will wanna invite anyone can be done with wording on E-vite of "any guests, please mention with RSVP" or something

I used fb for my shower {my mum and her friend hosted but neither are tech savvy so I ran fb event to invite people} and mentioned that anyone requesting guests not on invite list, to msg X, Y or Z about it