Wedding Woes

FriYay!

I thought my morning was going to be packed with meetings but two got cancelled and while I should be using this time to work on projects I’m clearly not. 

Finally talked with my manager about the promotion stuff basically there are 4 people being promoted in our division, there is an HR issue with one so all are under a communication embargo so they can be announced at the time. This is not exactly satisfying but my manager said he would ensure that if my stuff doesn’t go through for Monday as promised he’d ensure I’d get back pay. So I guess that’s good but the whole thing seems weird and like a bunch of corporate BS. 

Re: FriYay!

• Happy last working day of June!

yeah that’s still so odd, @charlotte989875.  I’m glad you get back pay but announce the three and then do the other one later?  Not your fault. 

I’m sleepy.  I need a nap when I go home.  I was counting points for a few months - stopped for June and today I actually went back to counting cals and macros.  It’s not fun but needed :(

• Happy last working day of June!

yeah that’s still so odd, @charlotte989875.  I’m glad you get back pay but announce the three and then do the other one later?  Not your fault. 

I’m sleepy.  I need a nap when I go home.  I was counting points for a few months - stopped for June and today I actually went back to counting cals and macros.  It’s not fun but needed :(
    Exactly what I thought but not my call. 
  • 17 hours until my flight boards for vacation! Has anyone been toSanta Fe?
    No, but that sounds wonderful. Have a great time!
  • I'm trying to clean my desk and prep files for next week before I leave. We close early on Fridays, and I cannot leave late as M and I have shit to do.
    As a way of working with time management and how busy it is, I'm trying to prep things a week in advance.

We leave shortly after we pick up BabyKitten from daycare, so we're hoping to get everything packed ahead of time.

This weekend is gonna be interesting at least. We're with M's family, so I think we're gonna send PNP with them when we leave since they're babysitting on Wednesday and munchkin will need a nap.

My mum is feeding our cats this weekend, and picking up some more baby clothes donations.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sitting in a hotel room in Kansas City. One evaluation done 8 to go!  Feeling a little guilty became we left the littles with my folks and m2 says she misses me:(
  • Currently skipping an optional meeting, and I really need to clean my desk.  It's piled with about 3 quarters of paper stacks.  All my drawers are empty because I starting the cleaning process a few months ago - then got busy and everything is just sitting here still.  Heading out a little early today, finishing house cleaning, then H and I are going to stop to check out baby furniture on our way to BIL/SIL for grilling. 

I hope it's raining when we get their house bc I don't want to sit out and eat on the patio in 90 degree heat. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    @charlotte989875, at least there is some kind of explanation on holding off the announcements.  Even if it isn't a satisfying one.

@VarunaTT, sounds like a great night, I hope you all have fun!  Good luck on the Xyzal switch.  As an aside, where do they even come up with these drug names?  It seems like they are usually random letters strung together. Do they pick the number of letters they want and then just throw darts at an alphabet board, lol?  They usually need to buy more vowels.

@STARMOON44, have fun on vacation!  I went to Santa Fe once, but I was a kid and we were only there one day.  It was a stop on the way driving (I think) from CA to OH.  We purposely went out of the way to see some of the Southwest.  So my memories are very old and probably not so helpful, lol.  But here they are.

The scenery, including the buildings, was pretty in a desert way.  Lots of lighter and muted colors.  We primarily spent the day at art museums that featured Native American art.  Then I have these random vague memories of lots of pretty dolls in Native American garb being sold...because when you're 8 years-old the world looks like toys.  I got to choose one and I still have it.  And menu choices were a minefield of peppers...I despised all peppers at that age...and needed to read very carefully and choose wisely, lol.  I look forward to your report back.  I'm sure I'd appreciate Santa Fe a lot more as an adult.  It seems like a neat place to visit and I bet the food is amazing, peppers and all, lol.

I'll be leaving work soon, not soon enough.  Especially because it's timesheet day (sigh).  I suspect there will be multiple trips to Home Depot this weekend.  But, other than that, I'll be continuing to try and rest and relax.  My cough is a lot better, but it's now going on 3 weeks and just needs to disappear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 So it could be payroll stuff with a pay bump? I mean it kinda makes sense if there's issues and they wanna make sure there's no issues and it's actually done before allowing it to be talked about
    Hopefully it's an easy fix

@VarunaTT Oh that's exciting for both of you! :) Enjoy!

@CharmedPam Macros? I've never heard of those ...

@6fsn aww sweet little one <3 can you facetime to help?

@Casadena If you can, try to find a convertible crib. I have one and gonna be so much easier whenever we transition her.
    Also - sounds weird - but get a mattress protector. If the price is good, get 2! I can't tell you how many times it's saved our crib mattress and I was grateful I had a 2nd because of staining that went through sheet!
    {that being said, I can make personal suggestions if you're looking for anything!}

• Thanks @MissKittyDanger!  I would love any specific suggestions you (or anyone else) has on baby items. Just send me a message!  Wading through the infinite amount of options for cribs, car seats, strollers, etc etc is so overwhelming

• @charlotte989875 So it could be payroll stuff with a pay bump? I mean it kinda makes sense if there's issues and they wanna make sure there's no issues and it's actually done before allowing it to be talked about
    Hopefully it's an easy fix

@VarunaTT Oh that's exciting for both of you! :) Enjoy!

CharmedPam  Macros? I've never heard of those ...

@6fsn aww sweet little one <3 can you facetime to help?

@Casadena If you can, try to find a convertible crib. I have one and gonna be so much easier whenever we transition her.
    Also - sounds weird - but get a mattress protector. If the price is good, get 2! I can't tell you how many times it's saved our crib mattress and I was grateful I had a 2nd because of staining that went through sheet!
    {that being said, I can make personal suggestions if you're looking for anything!}

A lot of body builders go by macros.  It’s daily percentage of fats, carbs & protein. My “ibites” app uses macros as a secondary measure if you want, so i put it as an option.  Right now I’m at 30% carb, 30% fat and 40% protein but I just started to keep an eye on those. It may need adjusting. 

• Casadena said:
    Thanks @MissKittyDanger!  I would love any specific suggestions you (or anyone else) has on baby items. Just send me a message!  Wading through the infinite amount of options for cribs, car seats, strollers, etc etc is so overwhelming

I'll msg you a few things we found useful and some things we thought we'd need but didn't lol but every baby is different!
  • ei34ei34 member
    Sorry about the shiftiness surrounding your promotion @charlotte989875 , have fun @STARMOON44@Casadena if you plan on nursing/pumping, a hand-free pumping bra is a must.  Any brand.
    TGIF everyone.  My yay is my toast is squared away- going to slip in a sentence or two en espanol, FBIL is from Uruguay and like my H, has some family who don't speak English.  Timed it earlier, it's about 45 seconds long.  My nay is I got my first ever ticket earlier.  Rolled through a stop sign.  Totally guilty of it and I have to do better.  I've had my license since 2001 and I have to adjust to a tarnished record.  Ticket vets- what does this mean?  Do I get points on my license?
  • Varuna - I always take my Zyrtec at night.  Have you tried that?  Or do you still wake up drowsy?

I think we are mentally and physically prepared for potty training to start on Sunday.  I so hope this goes well!

DD is getting to the point where I can't pick out her clothes for her.  She told me today she wanted to wear a different color shirt!  I guess I will have to start setting out choices for the week, to help keep us moving during the week.  She also totally flipped out and had a meltdown when H tried to put her socks on while I was putting her sunscreen on.  She wants to do everything herself now.  Where has my little baby gone!

• ei34 said:
    Sorry about the shiftiness surrounding your promotion @charlotte989875 , have fun @STARMOON44@Casadena if you plan on nursing/pumping, a hand-free pumping bra is a must.  Any brand.
    TGIF everyone.  My yay is my toast is squared away- going to slip in a sentence or two en espanol, FBIL is from Uruguay and like my H, has some family who don't speak English.  Timed it earlier, it's about 45 seconds long.  My nay is I got my first ever ticket earlier.  Rolled through a stop sign.  Totally guilty of it and I have to do better.  I've had my license since 2001 and I have to adjust to a tarnished record.  Ticket vets- what does this mean?  Do I get points on my license?
    You will get points on your license if you just pay it and move on.  Which, to be fair, is the easiest way to go.

Some states will allow you go to traffic school to remove the ticket off your record.  CA was like that when I lived there.  You still have to pay the ticket, but the points usually get removed.

You can see an attorney who should be able to get the ticket dropped for you.  But I've seen a wide variety of fees on that, most of them higher than a typical traffic ticket.  There are actually law offices where this kind of thing is their main bread and butter.  Or at least that's how we roll in Louisiana.  But we're also a politically shady lot down here, so maybe that doesn't exist other places, lol.  My heartbreak...before Katrina, I knew a law office where you could drop off your traffic ticket and pay them $50 for Orleans parish or $75 for Jefferson parish.  That's it!  Ticket gone.  But I discovered with the first ticket I got after the storm that they didn't come back :(.  And I couldn't find anyone nearly that cheap.

You can also fight it in court.  Depends on the state/jurisdiction but, if the officer doesn't show up, the ticket is dismissed.  But, usually before that happens, one of the court attorneys will try and get you to plead to a non-moving offense (no points, usually a lower fee).  Like a seat belt violation.

Not counting the dumb camera s**t (no points for those types of tickets), I've had three traffic tickets in the last 15 years.  Two of them I went to court and did that "seat belt violation" deal.

One of them was a completely crazy story.  I was pulled over for a tail light that was out and, when the officer ran my license, unbeknownst to me it had been suspended by the Louisiana Dept. of Revenue!?!?  I got that cleared up and my license was reinstated, but that was a huge ticket.  Over $1500.  I hired an attorney for $360 to take care of it.  And waited outside the courtroom for him.  He came back out and said, "I was surprised!  I thought it would be completely dismissed, but they did charge you for..."  wait for it..."a seat belt violation", lmao.  $40 fine, but he told me he would pay for it and take it out of his fee.  I waited for him to do that and he came back from the cashier with my paid receipt and everything cleared up.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34 said:
    It varies by state, but it's worth your time to google it. The points probably aren't a big deal if it's your only ticket and you don't have a commercial license, but points means it reports on your record, which usually means your insurance goes up. Most states have some sort of non-reporting moving violations that don't go on your record. (Here it's <15 over, but that's pretty generous.) If you can't get it totally dismissed, you may be able to show up in court and get the prosecutor to drop it to a non-reporting vio to keep it off your record. 

After 4 solid weeks of working in the office, I'm thrilled to at least be WFH this afternoon. I'm working while getting ready for the WWC game. I'm so nervous for the US!
  • Ei - It all depends on your state.  I had a speeding ticket and went to court with an attorney (she was from my firm and never charged me - so price can probably vary), but I plead to operating a vehicle dangerously.  It was a no points ticket and my fee was probably slightly higher than the speeding ticket.  If your ticket is a no point ticket, I would probably just pay it and move on.  If you will be getting points, see how easy it is to remove them from your record.  In NJ, you can take a $20 approved online safe driving course and get rid of 2 points.
  • Quiet day today. I was up with the baby from 5-6 (we might have dozed in the chair for a little bit) but he went back to sleep until 7:45, so that’s something. DH took DS down stairs to make him breakfast but not before really waking me up. I grumpily got up too. DH said he would clean the kitchen after DS’s (he really meant DH’s) nap so I sat and did absolutely nothing while they slept. It was almost uncomfortable, lol. But he did clean the kitchen so whatevs. DS has had a fever most of the day, hoping it is just teeth.

I went to work for a spontaneous class after dinner. DH put DS to bed while I was gone but he must know when I get home because he will always wake up shortly after.  It took us longer than usual to get him back to sleep tonight, poor fella has the gas. Now I am going to climb into bed myself with my book. 💕
  • Varuna - I always take my Zyrtec at night.  Have you tried that?  Or do you still wake up drowsy?

When I tried to take at night, it leaves me with a hangover that makes it hard to get out of bed in the mornig.  I try to drink a cup of coffee and then take it, around 9 when I've been up for awhile.  It's just not working anymore.  I always had just a bit of drowsiness, but it's been getting worse over the last year, I feel like.
  • ei34 said:
    You probably will get two points on your license, at least based on my experience here in Ohio (I have a bit of a lead foot).

Anniversary meeting tonight with cake! After that, a Target run to pick up my niece’s birthday present.

Tomorrow I’m doing laundry and meeting with my sponsor.

Sunday I have my last Meetup with my feminist group. It’s a talk on veganism. At least we’re going out on a high note. Before that we’re going to try to get Lady in for a grooming appointment. After that I’m meeting with my sponsee.
  • ei34ei34 member
    Thanks everyone for the advice.  My cop friends/family members all said to show up on the court date and plead not guilty and it'll be moved to something non-moving violation.  Ugh, don't know if I want to do that.  I did roll through the stop sign.  Going like 2mph but not a full stop.  I'm paranoid the judge would somehow be able to tell i was lying :# I'm so mad at myself I've never even gotten a camera (red light/speeding) ticket and those things are everywhere by me.
  • ei34 said:
    Thanks everyone for the advice.  My cop friends/family members all said to show up on the court date and plead not guilty and it'll be moved to something non-moving violation.  Ugh, don't know if I want to do that.  I did roll through the stop sign.  Going like 2mph but not a full stop.  I'm paranoid the judge would somehow be able to tell i was lying :# I'm so mad at myself I've never even gotten a camera (red light/speeding) ticket and those things are everywhere by me.
    They’ll probably offer you a plea deal when you show up so you probably won’t even have to lie. In my part of the state that’s how they do it (according to H, I haven’t had a ticket in years). 
  • edited June 2019
    ei34 said:
    The advice I was offered and followed was to plead no contest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolo_contendere

• ei34 said:
    100% agree to go to court. Most judges (at least with my experience in NYS) will automatically lower it if you show up to court. If you plead guilty to the ticket, it'll be 3 points on your license. If you do end up with points, just do the 5 hour online course and you can either get the points removed or your insurance lowered. That's what I've done in the past.
  • Also agree with going to court. I got a speeding ticket in 2004. Went to traffic court, and they pleaded it down to a non-moving violation. I just had to pay a fine. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    Thanks everyone for your helpful advice (and the NYERS for the bode of confidence)...I'll go to court