Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF kinda-sorta

...I know most "Friday's" were Wednesday, but TGIF nonetheless.  How was everyone's holiday?  Mine was really nice.  Took the kids to the beach early, then there was a little parade through town at 10.  The bbq was fun.  I grilled pizzas as the appetizer, and made my steak kabobs w chimichurri sauce, tre-colore pasta salad and a three-bean salad for dinner.  The kids insisted on red white and blue rice krispie treats for dessert...not what i would've chosen to make but they've been excited about them since they saw the limited edition July 4th box at Target last month lol.  It was a small-ish  gathering for my family (18 in total) but nice.  Oldest even stayed up to watch the local fireworks and bc she was up until 9:30, she slept until 6:30 this morning.  I was very proud :) 

Re: TGIF kinda-sorta

• Options
    @ei34 18 is small!? Btw how old are your kids?
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    Sounds like a great day!  Your food and treats sound delish.

Mine was OK. H slept most of the day (in fact he’s sleeping now) and I know he needs to catch up on his sleep! We did make it to spider man and dinner after it.  H went back to sleep but I watched the fire works from my deck. Kinda sorta. Lots of trees in the way.  

Today I did get up to do group training and now I’m working from home for another hr and 45 minutes.  Couldn’t take the day off.  Not that it matters because H has done nothing but sleep the last 2 days!

• Options
    Yesterday was totally relaxing, exactly as I wanted it. We mostly just stayed home and watched TV. 

Tonight I'm trying to convince H to take the boat out to see fireworks. 
  • Options
    Yesterday was pretty low-key. DW slept in and I took care of the critters and watched TV till it was time to get ready to leave. We went to a picnic for a couple hours, then I took DW to a meeting and came home to take the dogs out. After DW got home, we hung out with the dogs to keep them calm during the fireworks. 

Today has has been really low-key too. I fell asleep reading this afternoon and ended up taking a very nice nap. Meeting tonight.
  • Options
    Yesterday was busy. I messed everyone up with sangria and the BBQ went great. I think we had 18 people over. Overall a good time. Today I’m recovering because somehow I only ate one protein style burger, and a quarter cup of salad all day so this morning was a little rough. Now I’m out with FSIL and FBIL to shop for furniture and furnishings for their new place. Maybe my next career will be an interior decorator. Lol. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sounds like it went well @levioosa :)
    @MissKittyDanger H's family is large and mine is even bigger, so 18 is a smaller crowd than I'm used to hosting.  It was actually only 13 guests, but 18 including my fam.  My oldest turned 5 in May, my twins turn 4 in two weeks.
  • Options
    Lol so today I woke up (during working hours) to my work phone ringing.  I answered it, but was all out of sorts. I think he heard that my TV was on before I could mute it too.  Anyway he decided to wait till Monday on this anyway since it was literally 1 hr before quitting time.  Who the hell was actually working on a Friday after a Holiday?!?

• Options
    @ei34 eek! How are they almost 4!? Jeez I remember you saying they were 2 not long ago :O