Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Wishing it were Friday already. 

H met with the hiring manager of the job he interviewed for and it went well but he won’t hear for two weeks. He’s bummed and is back to job searching in the meantime. I’m trying to be supportive but I’m tired of him being miserable about it and also job searching/prepping in the evening. I feel like we keep putting decisions and plans on hold for him to get a job he’s happier with and I’m just tired of it. (I know I probably sound terrible)

Re: Wednesday

• Finally caught up on most of the dishes. Idk why but sometimes it feels like we get so behind in dishes and it takes forever .... i mean, we did have to stop for a bit cuz no dishwasher pods and I did some by hand to keep what we needed on hand, but I hate dishes lol

I ended up staying home yesterday with awful migraine. It's gone but I still have a dull headache :( 

We have a bank appt Saturday to figure out options for M's debt .... I think once we have a plan, it'll be easier. Maybe part of my headache is stress related?
    His bday is Sunday, so before the appt on Saturday we're dropping BabyKitten with my mum and I'm taking him for late lunch/early dinner. My mum hasn't seen her in a bit, so it'll be a nice time for them :) Hopefully it's nice. I know my mum was wanting to check out the local splash pad since she's babysitting BabyKitten for a few days when day care is closed.

This week is just cleaning after work
  • No @charlotte989875,  you sound like a concerned wife - not a terrible one! 2 weeks is a long time to wait.  Ugh! Hope it works out though.
    @MissKittyDanger, do you have a dishwasher or is it all hand washing?  I have a TON of stuff to do after work too but I have no idea what I’ll get done.  I’m in “sprig cleaning mode” in July 😁

Anyone watching the parade live (or did?) I caught some of it but was pulled away for something.  Is it not hot in NY? Most those people were in jeans!  And black ones at that.  I saw one player in shorts!  It’s 94 here and muggy and gross and we usually mirror NY.

• Omg it’s so hot in NYC. I did not wind up going in part because of how miserably hot and humid it is. 
  • @charlotte989875, you don't sound terrible!  If your H is feeling down and miserable, that's going to affect you also.  It's natural to feel a bit of resentment about that, while also being sympathetic to what the other person is going through.  At least he is still in the running and knows it will be two weeks before a decision is made.  Sending more good vibes for him.

Yikes, Tropical Storm Barry is already taking no prisoners and it's still 2-3 days before landfall.  Looking out the windows of my office building a couple hours ago, all the passenger cars parked on the street were flooded and even the taller pick-ups and SUVs may have been, ie water past the tires and almost up to the doors.  Craziness.  Some of my coworkers were a couple hours later because they got to impassable, flooded streets and couldn't get to the office.

Purposely drove my pick-up truck and not my MINI, that's for sure!  I park on one of the company lots, which is a decent bit higher than the streets, so my truck is okay.  My MINI, back at my house, is probably fine also.  We live on higher ground than our surrounding neighborhood and our street has never flooded in the 8 years I've lived there (don't want to jinx myself).

Thankfully, it stopped raining so hard a little while ago and the flood waters have mostly receded.  This morning should be the worst part for the rest of the day and evening.  But there are more bad thunderstorms a-coming over the next few days, thanks to Barry.  It's always hard to predict what track a storm is going to take but, right now, they have the track going right up the middle of Louisiana.  New Orleans is almost on the Eastern border of the state, so at least not directly in the current path.  But still too close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is it just me and my view, or did TK change their font, lol?

YES!!!  It's driving me nuts
  • Thanks everyone! 

And be I am concerned about him and how unhappy he is, and I agree that two weeks to wait sucks  (but at least he knows when they’ll make the decision!). I’m just frustrated that we have so many plans and decisions on hold until he finds something he likes better and it feels like it’s taking FOREVER! 
  • Casadena said:
    Is it just me and my view, or did TK change their font, lol?
    YES!!!  It's driving me nuts
    It's funny how something as minor as that can feel so disturbing, lol.  It's like my brain keeps sending signals of, "It looks wrong.  THAT LOOKS WRONG!!!!"  While the rational side of my brain is like, "Calm yourself primal part sister, it's just a font change.  It's NBD."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    S+S I had no idea about the TS, that's crazy there's already flooding

Charlotte that is tough bc you want to be supportive but I can see why it would also suck to have to listen to it and deal with it. What kind of plans are you putting on hold. is this because a new job would be a higher salary or better hours? 
  • @CharmedPam We have a dishwasher but we were out of the pods to wash anything, so I hand washed some stuff and ran what was there in hot water a couple times to make sure it wouldn't get gross in there.
    WHAT IS IT ABOUT CLEANING LIKE THIS IN JULY!? Same. Spring cleaning. In July. Send help.
  • You’re not horrible @charlotte989875

That sucks about the migraine @MissKittyDanger  and dishes are also my nemesis. 

I got canceled from work today. So I’ll probably pack for our trip this weekend, clean the house, gym, and study. Nothing too exciting. I think we found a home for Mose (the kitten)! I’m really hoping it works out because otherwise we’re back at step 1 and have to find both an owner and temporary housing for her while we’re on our trip. 

• @charlotte989875 I find men in general have a hard time mentally with job hunt. When M lost his job in lay offs, you could tell he was kinda in a funk, Hopefully your H gets something and helps his mood.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    So frickin’ hot. Got the grass cut but said forget it on pulling weeds. I’m going to spend the next 3 hrs sitting on my butt. 

We have a late night tomorrow night so I need to get the kids packed tomorrow night. Friday the littles go to fil’s until Sunday. Sunday they go to mil’s until Tuesday. Wednesday we got to my folks until Friday night.  

Dh and i take 6let to a tournament Friday night- Sunday. Monday he starts a goalie camp 45 minutes away and it’s not a residential one so I have to schlep him back and forth- hence the littles getting grandparent time. 
  • I noticed the font change, but thought it was because I switched from IE to Chrome at work!  

Charlotte - Its tough to be a supportive partner when they a being a grumpy pants!  I will keep everything crossed that he gets the job!  Hang in there!

S+S - Heard about the storm, but didn't realize you were getting storms from it already!  I hope it will stay away from NOLA.

Not much going on today.  I have yoga after work.  I did just find out that I can add in activity steps for a step challenge we have going on at work!  So with my yoga and housework, I am now in the lead on my team and moved us up from 15th to 13th place!  They even had shopping as an activity, but I didn't add that in because I always move my fitbit to my pocket when I shop.  Another team member just added in activities and we are in 11th place now!  LOL!

H saw a chiropractor earlier today and the doctor said it is a disc issue.  So he will have many visits to slowly get his spine adjusted so that hopefully his disc will move back into place.  H has had more and more back issues the last year (maybe due to carrying DD around?), so I'm hopeful this will work for him.  He said he was able to stand up straight pain free when he left!
  • @levioosa I hate dishes too. Our old apt, the dishes would pile up because we didn't have a dishwasher and we both hate doing them. I'm currently caught between "DO THE DISHES" and "leave the dishes and clean the dishwasher"
  • Stay safe S&S! Crazy that you guys are already experiencing flooding. 

I also noticed the font change right away. 

The funeral is tomorrow. My stomach is already in knots. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Continued healing vibes @climbingwife Stay safe @short+sassy No it's good to vent @charlotte989875 ..H goes into funks sometimes and it's completely draining.  Hope your H gets the job.
    Omg it's hot at hell in NYC, but I see people in jeans/colder-weather clothes often enough.  Possibly a mix of people who work in freezing cold air-conditioned offices and people from other parts of the world who have a higher tolerance for heat than I do, lol.  UO but I like the new font :D

My period symptoms have changed over the years, I now get this blinding, dizzying headache on day one (stomach and back cramps not as bad as they used to be).  So nursing the headache today.  Officially over the birthday party debacle from this weekend.
  • kvruns said:

Charlotte that is tough bc you want to be supportive but I can see why it would also suck to have to listen to it and deal with it. What kind of plans are you putting on hold. is this because a new job would be a higher salary or better hours? 
    New how would be a much higher salary, about the same hours. H works at a tech company so their hours are flexible/unlimited PTO. He would have more in person requirements with the new position so it would mean more face time in the office but not much. 

I think having kids is the biggest thing were putting off. He wants a new job/making more money (even though he still has a good salary now and I just got a pretty sizable raise) before we have a child. And I get that, and we had initially agreed to wait until I was done with my running season (end of May), but then it moved to waiting until he had a new job in place. Which we thought would be end of June, now maybe not until end of July or even August. And I’m not dying to have a child right now (especially when he’s grumpy pants) but it just feels like we’re putting our lives on hold for a timeline we don’t control. We haven’t taken a vacation this summer (besides to the cabin) and we’re not going to because
    of his job stuff. It just feels like a ton of waiting for things that may or may not happen. 
  • ei34 said:
    Continued healing vibes @climbingwife Stay safe @short+sassy No it's good to vent @charlotte989875 ..H goes into funks sometimes and it's completely draining.  Hope your H gets the job.
    Omg it's hot at hell in NYC, but I see people in jeans/colder-weather clothes often enough.  Possibly a mix of people who work in freezing cold air-conditioned offices and people from other parts of the world who have a higher tolerance for heat than I do, lol.  UO but I like the new font :D

My period symptoms have changed over the years, I now get this blinding, dizzying headache on day one (stomach and back cramps not as bad as they used to be).  So nursing the headache today.  Officially over the birthday party debacle from this weekend.
    This happened to me, too. We (my doctor and I) finally figured out it was the estrogen in my birth control that was giving me such bad headaches and I had to switch types. 
  • Stay safe S&S! Crazy that you guys are already experiencing flooding. 

I also noticed the font change right away. 

The funeral is tomorrow. My stomach is already in knots. 
    Thinking of you all this week. 
  • kvruns said:

The vast majority of New Orleans is below sea level so, geographically, we're shaped like a bowl.  And the water that comes in, needs to be pumped out because most of it does not naturally flow out.

There are a number of pump stations throughout the city, but there is a limit to how much water they can pump out per hour and extended heavy rainfall can sometimes exceed that limit.  Unfortunately, streets actually flood here all the time, just not usually high enough to get into cars. 

That's why the Katrina flooding was so devastating here.  It was bodies of water that flooded the city, which also knocked out the pump stations.  So the flood waters just sat here for weeks because there was nowhere for it to flow to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thinking of you @climbingwife. What a tragedy.
  • edited July 2019
    Thinking of you and H, @climbingwife.

I actually like the new font. It’s easier for me to read (because I need glasses and have been too busy or lazy to go see an eye doctor even though I have excellent vision coverage).

I just checked the forecast and it’s 85 degrees with a RealFeel of 96. Yuck. They keep the air-conditioning on really high in here, so it’s going to be a shock going outside. I’m so glad the car has decent air conditioning and that we put in the window units at home.

Planning committee for the LGBTQIA+ sober conference tonight. I’m staying on the committee but stepping down as secretary. 

Edited to add: I’m trying to call the copier repair company because one of our machines is acting up (again), and I got a busy signal twice. How the hell do you have a busy signal calling an 800 number?
  • @climbingwife thinking of you guys this week <3 
  • Guys .... there is an older lady in the office right now and idk if she's wearing perfume or body spray BUT OMFG DID SHE SWIM IN IT!?

There's like a solid almost 10ft between her and I
  • Guys .... there is an older lady in the office right now and idk if she's wearing perfume or body spray BUT OMFG DID SHE SWIM IN IT!?

I work with a bunch of people like that. Mostly women, but some of the men get heavy-handed with Axe or whatever the thing is now. 

I work with a bunch of people like that. Mostly women, but some of the men get heavy-handed with Axe or whatever the thing is now. 
    It's worse because it's a client. I'm basically reception, and she was waiting to go into her appt. We're 90% a scent free office because it's relatively small. I've used body spray before but since it fades relatively so, it's fine but we don't wear perfume here.
  • Good luck to your H @charlotte989875! Sending thoughts to your friends family @climbingwife. Death is always difficult but for a young life being cut short it is even worse. I was thinking about you when I watched the news this morning @short+sassy, stay safe!
  • Thanks everyone for the kind words. <3