Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• @climbingwife I'm so sorry for your loss.   This summer is reminding me to hug my loved ones more and more.   
  • Stay safe S&S! Crazy that you guys are already experiencing flooding. 

I also noticed the font change right away. 

The funeral is tomorrow. My stomach is already in knots. 
    My thoughts are with you all and her loved ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Climbing - Continued prayers for the young woman.

•  I actually like the new font. It’s easier for me to read (because I need glasses and have been too busy or lazy to go see an eye doctor even though I have excellent vision coverage.
    I could have written this. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

Planning committee for the LGBTQIA+ sober conference tonight. I’m staying on the committee but stepping down as secretary.
    What does the IA stand for? (Sorry if that's a dumb question)

@charlotte989875 thanks that's good to know about the headaches.  I'm not on BC but I'll def mention to my OB at my next appointment.
  • edited July 2019
    ei34 said:

Planning committee for the LGBTQIA+ sober conference tonight. I’m staying on the committee but stepping down as secretary.
    What does the IA stand for? (Sorry if that's a dumb question)

@charlotte989875 thanks that's good to know about the headaches.  I'm not on BC but I'll def mention to my OB at my next appointment.
    Not a dumb question at all! I is Intersex and A is Asexual/Aromantic.
  • kvruns said:
    S+S I had no idea about the TS, that's crazy there's already flooding

Charlotte that is tough bc you want to be supportive but I can see why it would also suck to have to listen to it and deal with it. What kind of plans are you putting on hold. is this because a new job would be a higher salary or better hours? 
    The vast majority of New Orleans is below sea level so, geographically, we're shaped like a bowl.  And the water that comes in, needs to be pumped out because most of it does not naturally flow out.

There are a number of pump stations throughout the city, but there is a limit to how much water they can pump out per hour and extended heavy rainfall can sometimes exceed that limit.  Unfortunately, streets actually flood here all the time, just not usually high enough to get into cars. 

That's why the Katrina flooding was so devastating here.  It was bodies of water that flooded the city, which also knocked out the pump stations.  So the flood waters just sat here for weeks because there was nowhere for it to flow to.
    I just read some stories about Tropical Storm Barry. Stay safe!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I actually like the new font. It’s easier for me to read (because I need glasses and have been too busy or lazy to go see an eye doctor even though I have excellent vision coverage.
    I could have written this. 
    Me too. And my sister and bil are eye doctors.