Wedding Woes

Thursday!

Actually first typed "hump day" in the title...it's hard to keep track of the days
My twins' birthday party is Saturday and one of them wants a Tarzan cake.  Like from the 1999 movie (thanks Netflix!).  Making a chocolate cake w/ choc frosting, lots of fake trees/palm from Michael's, and thankfully, the 20-year-old McDonald's happy meal Tarzan toy that I found online just arrived.  Would've looked more like a jungle cake without it.. typing this out i realize how ridiculous my life sounds :D but it's my small victory today
Sending healing vibes @climbingwife

Re: Thursday!

• ei34 said:
    Actually first typed "hump day" in the title...it's hard to keep track of the days
    My twins' birthday party is Saturday and one of them wants a Tarzan cake.  Like from the 1999 movie (thanks Netflix!).  Making a chocolate cake w/ choc frosting, lots of fake trees/palm from Michael's, and thankfully, the 20-year-old McDonald's happy meal Tarzan toy that I found online just arrived.  Would've looked more like a jungle cake without it.. typing this out i realize how ridiculous my life sounds :D but it's my small victory today
    I want to see a picture of this cake!

It should be a nice calm day at work (knock on wood). Meditation meeting tonight, which I’m looking forward to.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I love the cake idea and want to see a pic too!!!

i can’t believe it’s thursday already. I’m planning a trip to ikea today, work, pto crap, and practice. My bananas turned brown way to fast so there’s baking to
  • ei34 said:
    You are too sweet. Thank you <3 
  • @ei34 Kudos to original disney ;) lol Small victories are victories still!

@CharmedPam  enjoy Meditation :)

@6fsn I think it's because of summer. I just got mine Saturday and they're already going brown too. Grrr
  • This week is a little odd. Idk why ....

I've been trying to work on files a week in advance, and only downside is that it just gets confusing for others because files are in X place and not everyone knows. Plus it's been a bit busier than normal cuz my boss is back from time off.

Anyways .... it'll be a little easier soon. Summer. People book time off and gotta figure out what's up as you go essentially. It's why I started working about a week in advance. Plus gives me time if something else comes up that needs my attention. Like tomorrow, I'm going through old files and clearing up space in a cabinet.

BabyKitten's daycare is closed for a bit soon, and we're gonna try to drop daytime bottles to sippy. Ideally in general, but if we can do down to sippy we can at least swap for water - we do 1 bottle milk for morning nap, and one for water in the afternoon nap but I'd rather she just down to sippy for water for naps.
    Bedtime I'm not expecting much, and I'll go with that one but I'd like to drop the daytime ones because it's just easier to send a sippy and do water at daycare.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    Count me in as wanting to see this cake too.  I love decorating cakes! Mine suck but I still do them.  
    @VarunaTT, so glad you avoided a trip to the hospital and yay for breaking from your depression.  Are you on meds?  I just switched to zoloft like a month ago but haven't really felt any different?  Honestly, I get in a better mood at my first sip of my coffee in the morning.  Coffee does better than prescription meds.

So two nights ago I made an egg roll bowl (Chinese food- egg roll “innards” - no wrap) but someone on my paleo board pointed me to sweet potato glass noodles.  Paired with coconut amino’s instead of soy sauce this is paleo compliant. Now, my H hates (with a passion) HATES sweet potatoes. I came back from my morning work out, and he had the leftovers out, eating them already.  So it wasn’t me trying to trick him or anything (although I would have).... I said “oh.  You like that?”
    “Yeah”
    “It’s good, right?”
    “Yeah. What kind of noodles are these?”
    (Dammit - they don’t taste like sweet potatoes at ALL!! Can he detect that?!?)
    “Glass noodles” (not a lie). “You don’t like them?”
    “No, I do”. he said.

Dude will not be seeing the bag.  Even though it looks kinda gross, it’s really not!

• @CharmedPam my depression was situational.  I came close to going to therapy a few times or seeking medication, neither of which I have an issue with.  But mostly, I just needed to give myself some time to deal with a lot of feelings, thoughts, and emotions that I had ignored or shunted aside.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2019
    @short+sassy how are you faring with the weather? 

Edit words

• Work is on hurricane watch right now (vacation industry, so cancellations may be nigh).  Stay safe S+S.  

I'm back home, WAHOO.  The office was an ordeal for several reasons and I'm glad it's over.  I'm even more intensely thinking about the direction of my career after the next couple years. There's just been a lot that has transpired this year and I've been kind of bored and feeling stalled out in my position for a few years now. 

DH is staring down a work shake-up that will affect him.  Basically, his counterpart in another building is likely getting the ax and DH is going to be expected to step up.  He's going to ask for more money and an assistant, but he has no idea if it will be granted.  His manager has said some cryptic shit to DH that gives DH some doubts about support or $$. 

Thankfully, I'm off tomorrow.  I have a lot to do around the house to get ready for my mom's party.  

I'm hoping I feel less 'blah' next week.  This summer has been less than relaxing. 

Prudie is coming in hot here in a few. 
  • @VarunaTT glad to hear you're on the up and up. I'm not sure what the weather is like there, but winter by me is rough and this year was particularly bad so my depression got bad too.

@short+sassy  stay safe!

@mrsconn23 I've heard it's hard to go into an office when you're use to working at home. Glad you're back home ;)
  • 2 updates!

1 - we're starting to look at xmas stuff. BabyKitten will be 18 months {year and half} by then, so I'd like to find stuff that's fun but also a little educational. We're kinda leaning towards a kitchen set - we'd buy large portion but see if my mum and MIL/sFIL wanna include themselves with extra sides {we can afford the sides if they don't}
    I know people will also ask if she needs anything, but I really don't know what to say.

Help!

2 - while helping a friend look to see what's on the market right now, we found a house that is out of our range but in like 5yrs we could have the equity to do a down payment. Not like we're looking to move .... dream with me and stare at this house that has too many rooms. {note: for reference it's in the same neighbourhood as us - 5min walk from current place, so nothing really would change}
    https://www.century21.ca/Property/ON/K2L_1K6/Ottawa/133_PADDOCK_Way
  • I’m in an all day off site on data visualizations and analytics. Which sounds awesome except the people putting it on are not making great use of visualizations and the room is about 85 degrees. So I’m trying not to fall asleep. 
  • @charlotte989875, I think it’s opposite here.  We’re at like, 60... I have to put on my sweater every day. It’s not cool when you leave and its so hot outside!

@MissKittyDanger!  I want that house!!! But when I see “4 bathrooms” I’m like who’s cleaning that?  Because I have difficulty with one....

• @CharmedPam I feel that those bathrooms would be unused 90% of the time unless we had company or something - so I would honestly not concern. Just like most of the other rooms. It's bad but I've planned it out. Master room. BabyKitten's room, playroom for BabyKitten, guest room and office.

Basement would be a great place for a family room lol
  • When H was house shopping last year - or maybe 2 yrs ago, I found a really really nice house around that price mark.  If money wasn’t an object, I would have bought it sight unseen it had everything I wanted.  It was SO fun to search places online.

but then reality sank in and we got what we got. Lol.

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited July 2019
    @VarunaTT, I'm sorry to hear about K's panic attack.  That does sound really scary.  But I'm so glad to hear your depression has been at bay.  I'm duly impressed at your healthy eating strides!  I need more motivation in that area also.

@CharmedPam, thanks to you and others for asking!  Today is largely a reprieve.  We'll have isolated thunderstorms throughout the day, but that's it.  However, the rest of the weekend is looking to be a real s**t show.  Thunderstorms and torrential rain are predicted all through Fri.-Sun.  "Barry" is expected to make landfall in Louisiana early Sat. morning as a weak hurricane.  Parts of Louisiana have an evacuation order, though not Orleans Parish (and that's not expected).

But I suspect we might end up homebound all weekend because roads will probably be flooded.  There also might be power outages.  I'm trying to be extra productive at work and get my weekly reports done and sent out today.  Because, depending on what's going on and forecasted in the morning, I may not come to work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam Don't get me wrong, I love our house. I'm not looking to move for a long time - if ever tbh - but we've agreed that in 5yrs, we're gonna look at our equity and see what we wanna do. {likelihood, if we use any of it - it'll go back into the house}
  • 2 updates!

1 - we're starting to look at xmas stuff. BabyKitten will be 18 months {year and half} by then, so I'd like to find stuff that's fun but also a little educational. We're kinda leaning towards a kitchen set - we'd buy large portion but see if my mum and MIL/sFIL wanna include themselves with extra sides {we can afford the sides if they don't}
    I know people will also ask if she needs anything, but I really don't know what to say.

Help!

2 - while helping a friend look to see what's on the market right now, we found a house that is out of our range but in like 5yrs we could have the equity to do a down payment. Not like we're looking to move .... dream with me and stare at this house that has too many rooms. {note: for reference it's in the same neighbourhood as us - 5min walk from current place, so nothing really would change}
    You can always count on me to come along for real estate dreams, lol.  I also love having lots of extra space.  Though I don't currently in my own home, lol.  That finished basement is great!  Especially with a wet bar already down there.  Though one negative for your family with a small child is, as nice as that huge deck and pool area is, there aren't any grassy places for a swing set/play area.

Seriously, if I had 4 bathrooms, I just know that two of them over time would start transforming into storage units, lol.

"Honey, do you remember where we put the Christmas decorations?  Are they in the shower stall of Bathroom #3 or the bathtub of Bathroom #4?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  This is true but there is lots of a grassy areas with parks nearby :) The school that BabyKitten will be going to is just down the street from there {literally 2 houses down from current daycare} One bonus about current place, is that it's a community area with low fences and I can see park from our backyard.
    And we'd have to look at a fence for safety by the pool to keep her and any friends safe.

The rooms kill me. The wet bar area is 'meh' to us as we aren't big drinkers - but if we opt to buy a drink or get it as a gift {my friend bottles wine so for xmas she gave us a couple bottles}

Hahha .... bathroom storage. I'd prob stock pile cleaning supplies and have them in one bathroom tbh. Costco sized stuff!
  • @MissKittyDanger My favorite thing regarding the kitchen set idea was make to one out of a dining chair cover. DD got hers at a little less than 18 mo and she still uses it at almost 4, along with her IKEA pans, food, and a recycled plastic tea set. It's out most of the time but it doesn't have to be - we don't have to dedicate a chunk of space to a play stove that gets used just sometimes. You could even do two and make one look like a sink. Kids can pretend the rest just fine (and probably does them good to do it).

I know people on Etsy make them if that's not your skill set.
  • 2 updates!

Help!

In July?!? 
  • 2 updates!

Help!

We bought the grandsons a kitchen for their first birthday. I got it from Amazon. It was one of the Step2 sets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JVSACYU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as for other stuff, none of the kitchens I looked at (and there were a lot) had food included. That could be other things someone could purchase. This one came with plenty of dishes. Others did not. So if you get one that doesn't have many dishes that could be something else people could buy. BTW the boys love it and my daughter is amazed at how long they can entertain themselves with it!
  • 2 updates!

Help!

In July?!? 
    We're trying to get ideas so if we're ordering stuff from Amazon, it comes before xmas. Plus there's a fair amount of people in the family. I like to finish xmas shopping before December lmfao
  • @MissKittyDanger My favorite thing regarding the kitchen set idea was make to one out of a dining chair cover. DD got hers at a little less than 18 mo and she still uses it at almost 4, along with her IKEA pans, food, and a recycled plastic tea set. It's out most of the time but it doesn't have to be - we don't have to dedicate a chunk of space to a play stove that gets used just sometimes. You could even do two and make one look like a sink. Kids can pretend the rest just fine (and probably does them good to do it).

I know people on Etsy make them if that's not your skill set.
    We've seen some really neat ideas on pinterest on people making them, but we're not handy enough lol Plus I think some of the ones you can buy are cute because batteries and they make noises like a real kitchen :) 
  • 2 updates!

Help!

We bought the grandsons a kitchen for their first birthday. I got it from Amazon. It was one of the Step2 sets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JVSACYU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as for other stuff, none of the kitchens I looked at (and there were a lot) had food included. That could be other things someone could purchase. This one came with plenty of dishes. Others did not. So if you get one that doesn't have many dishes that could be something else people could buy. BTW the boys love it and my daughter is amazed at how long they can entertain themselves with it!
    Literally exact one we're looking at getting!!
    I know Amazon has a good deal with the stuff, but I've seen stuff at walmart, etc for cheaper that if family wants to add in they can and we'll just get the big part - you know?

M's cousin has a son and someone purchased him the pottery barn one and he loves it too :)
  • ei34ei34 member
    2 updates!

1 - we're starting to look at xmas stuff.
    In July?!? 
    My Christmas card photo shoot was booked in January, and our Polar Express train ride tickets go on sale June-July (varies every year).  I will say I'm in a quick-paced area, if you don't pounce experiences sell out.  I don't gift shop until November but the experiences I mentioned, plus other dates, do start falling into place months out. 
  • 2 updates!

Help!

Literally exact one we're looking at getting!!
    I know Amazon has a good deal with the stuff, but I've seen stuff at walmart, etc for cheaper that if family wants to add in they can and we'll just get the big part - you know?

M's cousin has a son and someone purchased him the pottery barn one and he loves it too :)
    If you have a Prime membership, I think Amazon is doing their Prime Day deals event on July 15-July 16th.  You never know, maybe that will be one of the specials!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2 updates!

Help!

Hey my nephew’s have that kitchen set!  They really like it.  I try to play “kitchen” with them but I get bored easily, and usually comes out to be a “Beat Bobby Flay” reenactment.