Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I fast forward through all the Russ and Pao scenes. 

And yes, omg, I forgot that Evelin doesn't even want to get marries. And that she's already turned down a proposal? What is Corey doing?
    I can't figure it out either. Plus Corey is a nice looking guy so it isn't like some of these people who have a foreign partner who is obviously more attractive than they are and that might be a reason why they're holding on for dear life. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited June 2019
    This might be old news but I saw Darcey is going to be on the next season of 90 DF with her new man. At least this one looks close to her age. I think its the same guy she's been with for a while from London but now they will be on the show. Of course then it isn't meeting for the first time as we know they're together but whatever
  • I did see that preview with Darcy. I'm meh about it. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I much prefer watching new cast members than seeing the same ones try to keep their 5 min of C list fame alive
  • I spent my lunch hour yesterday catching up on 90DF people on Soap Dirt, lol.  I was disappointed they don't seem to have any scoops on the new "The Other Way" couples.  Though I saw on another site that there are rumors the woman who went to South Africa (Tiffany), did marry Ronald and they are expecting.

I also saw a pic of Elizabeth and Andrei with their baby girl.  Supposedly, they started their own property management company.  With Andrei as the President and Elizabeth as the VP (eye roll).  Of course, never mind the fact that she's the one with experience and connections in that industry.  Rumors are that daddy gave them seed money to start the business.

I saw that about Darcey also.  I hope not.  They really need to leave people who have already had their season on one of the shows, to the Happily Ever After series only.  I'm sure it will be almost identical Jesse scenes/arguments, but "insert London guy".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far, I'm not interested in The Other Way. Maybe it will get better once the Americans start interacting more with the fils and friends. I saw the teaser where Jenny admitted to a production crew member that Sumit had catfished her, but she forgave him, but I haven't seen that show yet.

I loved Andrei's dad. He knows his son pretty well. The follow up reactions on Pillow Talk were hilarious. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    I like Andrei's dad too. And I laugh that Andrei is huge compared to him.

Chantel and Pedro are just annoying me. All of the fighting in groups, her facial expressions are ridiculous when they're out at the bar/restaurant fighting. 
  • Finally caught up on everything.  Pillow Talk is seriously my favourite show at the moment, though nothing really happened this week to talk about anyway.  

Things I want to know - What was Azan's Family's 'emergency'?  Cos I don't actually believe there was one.  What is Paul's criminal record for on The Other Way?  It can't actually be terrorism/war crimes.  I'm assuming it's more of a paperwork thing/translation thing 

• kvrunskvruns member
    I doubt there was a family emergency. Maybe someone was sick but I doubt it. 

Yea Paul has been in trouble for stalking and maybe confinement or domestic things but not terrorism. Perhaps it is a translation thing. Or a made up drama thing for the show 
  • Finally caught up on everything.  Pillow Talk is seriously my favourite show at the moment, though nothing really happened this week to talk about anyway.  

Things I want to know - What was Azan's Family's 'emergency'?  Cos I don't actually believe there was one.  What is Paul's criminal record for on The Other Way?  It can't actually be terrorism/war crimes.  I'm assuming it's more of a paperwork thing/translation thing 
    I'm caught up, except for the "Other Way" that aired last night.

I think everyone wants to know Azan's "family emergency", to determine just how "emergency" it really was to justify calling off a major trip the night before.  He is brilliant with that excuse, though.  Because he can hide behind "I can't discuss it."

I've been surprised how much I've liked Pillow Talk.  The former 90DF people on it seem more like their real selves and they say the things I'm usually thinking, lol.  I was especially looking forward to their reaction when Jay's affair came out.  All the shocked expressions did not disappoint, lol.

That Chantel/Pedro storyline has gone way past it's prime.  It's so overdone and boring now.  In addition, while I do think some of the family strife on both sides is real, I also think it's been purposely amplified.  Everyone just comes off so fake and playacting.  I still can't believe they're actually going to have a Family Chantel spinoff show (eye roll).  I am a die-hard 90DF fan, but even I can't stomach a show like that and have no plans to watch it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm legit angry they're actually giving Chantel and Pedro their own show. 
  • I hate those episodes that highlight Chantel's family.

• kvrunskvruns member
    I must say that out of all of the stories with the guy from North Africa and an older/bigger woman, Aladin actually seems To like Laura. Of course he could just be a good actor but it seems different when he talks about her than you ever saw with Mohammed or Azan 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Damn Evelin, she is taking Corey for a ride. She doesn’t pick him up from the airport to “test” him, doesn’t want to marry him Cmon dude. Ugh. 

I did notice he has on a wedding ring. Maybe I forgot about him wearing it for whatever reason. Not really an engagement ring. 
  • I don't know much about the LDS religion, but I know Mormons don't drink alcohol. Does anyone think it's strange that Corey would own a beach bar? I think there's something fishy with their story.

• kvrunskvruns member
    I never thought about that but it is a good point 
  • Oh, I don't actually believe there was any family emergency with Azan, but I'd love to hear what he's come up with.  

I don't mind Evelyn, since she's been up front from the start.  She hates living in the US, doesn't want to get married or have kids, isn't a fan of LDS.  She's made that very clear.  If Corey is still holding on hope, that's on him.   I also can't believe he's spent over $40000 on her.  Love is blind here with him

Chantal and Pedro need counselling and a few years away from their families.  They all stir the pot way too much.  I wonder how much of that drama is for the cameras specifically.  

Pillow Talk has made me love Annie.  I wasn't a fan of her on her season, but she's hilarious on PT

• It's almost painful at this point to watch Nicole. It's so obvious that Azan doesn't not want to be with her. I follow her on IG (I know...haha), and she was answering questions in her stories. She said that they haven't seen each other in over a year. 

I don't even feel bad for Corey anymore. What did you think you were getting yourself into? 

Russ and Pao - so boring, especially the "fight" with Juan. 

Pedro's sister is awful. 
  • My biggest pet peeve at the moment with the show is all of the characters who have a friend/family member/etc. who stirs the pot and is a general asshole to their partner, yet they keep insisting they all hangout cos 'once they get to know each other, we'll all be besties'.  Not going to happen people.  Feels like made up drama for ratings now

• kvrunskvruns member
    The other way:

Jihoons parents eating the raw bacon 
  • The Other Way had some interesting situations. The eating the raw bacon was horrible. I wonder if they got sick.  That child needs some discipline. Sumit quit his job to get everything ready for Jenny. Great idea. Ronald’s “friend” gets him drunk and hires a stripper the day after he got out of a facility for an addiction. So much is going wrong here.

Poor Paul can’t catch a break, huh?
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Yes wtf on the bachelor party. He should not have had one when he just got out of rehab even if it wasn’t for drinking. 

Sumit quitting his job was weird. Why would he think that was a good idea? Although I guess that’s why he said he couldn’t afford it for long a few episodes back. 

90 Day Fiancé happily ever after: wtf Pao on not wanting his mom to be able to hold the baby. She’s just a nut job and I don’t know what Russ sees in her since he seems like such a nice guy 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I like how Ashley just puts down a stack of papers and say here sign. Like who would really just be like sure ok here’s my signature. This seemed very made for tv scene 
  • What's her name with Jihoon from SK just comes across as super young.  I can't decide if it's fake for the show or she his actually that worked about breakfast.  I get wanting to make a good impression, and I was envois meeting my ILs too, but she seems really young about it to me.  

I'm glad Paul's situation got explained.  CoughcoughNicoleAzanFamilyEmegencyCoughcough.  Though why he's surprised about having trouble moving to a new country with his criminal record baffles me.  I think he's lucky they even let him into the country 

Pao is being an absolute bitch about Russ's Mom.  Sounds like he's not even getting a lot of holding time though

• kvrunskvruns member
    I think she is like 22-23 but I agree she acts very immature, especially for having a child and another on the way. 

Pao - if anyone would have offered to hold my kid I would have jumped at it in a heart beat!! Sure I loved the newborn snuggles but I never got a break so if someone came over and wanted to hold him I was like hell yes please take him
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    debbeau said:
    The Other Way had some interesting situations. The eating the raw bacon was horrible. I wonder if they got sick.  That child needs some discipline. Sumit quit his job to get everything ready for Jenny. Great idea. Ronald’s “friend” gets him drunk and hires a stripper the day after he got out of a facility for an addiction. So much is going wrong here.

Poor Paul can’t catch a break, huh?
    I was freaking out about that, too.  But my H said that, the way meat is processed in this country, it's pretty doubtful they'd get sick even from eating raw bacon.  The USDA has requirements for handling/curing/processing...even for meat that is expected to be sold raw...that removes a lot of the bad stuff and harmful bacteria.  Especially bacon, which uses a lot of salt in (I think) the curing process.

In the real world is this system perfect?  Not necessarily.  Hence why it's still recommended that meats reach specific temperatures, depending on the type of meat it is.  But it's also not as dangerous as most people, myself included, think it is. 

Edited to add:  I like his parents! It was so interesting to see things from their point of view.  It was hilarious they thought scrambled eggs looked so unappealing that they assumed she had messed up the dish.  Though then it was unappealing when the 3-year-old was sticking her fingers in it (shudder).  And, girl, seriously.  STOP letting your daughter climb onto countertops!?!  Most importantly, it's dangerous.  But it's also kinda gross, especially during food prep.

That woman is a mess.  It seems like she is always on the verge of falling apart over the smallest things.  I think she's only 21.  She also seems really insecure.  I think her and Jihoon's relationship got much more serious and much faster than it would have normally, because she got pregnant.  He doesn't seem ready or happy about fatherhood and she's already overwhelmed by her one child.  None of these are good signs, to say the least!      
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    I don't think Pao was saying the grandmother can't hold the baby at all.  Just that she wanted it "limited".  But, yeah, she needs to GTF over herself.  She's definitely being oddly selfish with the baby.  I'm also getting the impression that she's even limiting Russ's access.  She has this "MY baby" attitude, instead of an "OUR baby" attitude.

Oh, look Paul.  Other countries don't want criminals to have permanent legal resident status either.  Shocker//s.  You, Ronald, and that British guy from last season should form a club. 

Edited to add:  Sumit, Azan, and British guy all quit their jobs at the stupidest possible times.  WTH are people thinking?!?!Actually, for Azan, that was probably pretty calculated.  Never mind that Nicole doesn't have two dimes to rub together.  She somehow scrounges up money to send to him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg, the parents eating the raw bacon. Also, it DID look like she screwed up the eggs. She said something about them being too cheesy - I'm guessing she added too much cheese, and not at the right time. ALSO her kid hovering over that plate, sticking her fingers into it? Gross! She then served that to the rest of them. Why not make her a separate plate? 

Also don't understand Ronald's bachelor party the day after he gets out of rehab. Why not instead go to a sporting event, or a concert, or literally anything else than a bar w/ a stripper!? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited July 2019
    The Coltee and Larissa fight. When she said he was fat I laughed out loud. But then the fight where he’s yelling I’m going to divorce you just seemed soooooo fake. Like he couldn’t even sound legit 

edit: wtf Pao your mom has been there how many days and you haven’t let her hold him? Or maybe again just for tv ...
  • I feel like everything with Colt is fake - especially when he drank that bottle of Jack.