Wedding Woes

Below Deck: Med

I can't believe that Mila was surprised when she was fired.  I thought Captain Sandy handled it really gently, TBH.  I'm not sure I could've done that.

The previews makes it look like Anastasia starts getting a big head about the bump up.  I hope not, b/c she is doing well, but like...that's not what Ben would send out either.  Though kudos for making good risotto, b/c that's hard to do.

This newest charter family is...unique, is all I got.

Re: Below Deck: Med

• LOL!  The dad is DRRRRUNNNNKKK the entire time.  I mean, he ordered vodka at breakfast.  The video has been on FB in some of my Bravo groups.  I haven't clicked play on it yet.  The daughter reminds me of a nice version of the CashhhMeOutside girl (which I try to avoid anything about her at all costs because I do not support any of her bullshit and cannot believe she's continuing to get a platform). 

I do think that Sandy was way too nice to Mila.  I appreciate that she's onto Jack's BS and the fact that he's lazy af.  Poor Colin seems to just not be in his element this season.  

Anastasia seems like a perfectionist and is always looking for reassurance.  The problem is that Sandy will consistently provide that since Anastasia is competent (especially compared to Mila), even though she could probably use notes/critiques to keep her in check. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2019
    mrsconn23 said:
    LOL!  The dad is DRRRRUNNNNKKK the entire time.  I mean, he ordered vodka at breakfast.  
    Hey, it was like...a strong mimosa.  :D  

I feel like they're probably a fun family.  They all seem really nice.  Dad has a moment where he's like, "My damn fingers are swollen from drinking too much!" 

That's a good description of his daughter.  When she walked on with those braids, all I could think was, "Really?  Really." 

Though I would struggle with the overt attempts to hook up one of the women with the son as well.  I feel like Hannah was being a bit overdramatic, but I get her feels at the same time.

Colin does seem to be struggling.  ETA:  I kinda feel him though.  There is so much sex talk flowing between Jack and um...not Hannah and not Anastasia, I can't remember her name right now.  Colin is like...I don't want to sleep with anyone here, can we just have a good time?!

I'm over Jack.  I feel like now that Mila is gone, the other people are going to start telling him to step up, b/c Mila won't be there to feed into his ego about how great he is.
  • VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    LOL!  The dad is DRRRRUNNNNKKK the entire time.  I mean, he ordered vodka at breakfast.  
    Hey, it was like...a strong mimosa.  :D  

I feel like they're probably a fun family.  They all seem really nice.  Dad has a moment where he's like, "My damn fingers are swollen from drinking too much!" 

That's a good description of his daughter.  When she walked on with those braids, all I could think was, "Really?  Really." 

Though I would struggle with the overt attempts to hook up one of the women with the son as well.  I feel like Hannah was being a bit overdramatic, but I get her feels at the same time.

Colin does seem to be struggling.  ETA:  I kinda feel him though.  There is so much sex talk flowing between Jack and um...not Hannah and not Anastasia, I can't remember her name right now.  Colin is like...I don't want to sleep with anyone here, can we just have a good time?!

I'm over Jack.  I feel like now that Mila is gone, the other people are going to start telling him to step up, b/c Mila won't be there to feed into his ego about how great he is.
    Aesha.  

She seems funny and very sweet, but the giggly "I'm so dirty!" when she's really just saying it for shock value gets a little tiring.  I know it's her age (definitely went through a phase of that in late teens/early 20's...it's an awkward kind of flirting thing, but also showing guys you can 'hang' or are 'cool'), however there's a secondhand embarrassment vibe I feel for/about her. 
  • That scene where Sandy was firing Mila was so awkward. Mila was just standing there. Did you really not think you were going to be fired?! They couldn't even serve your food. 

Poor, sweet Colin. But also, how old is he that all of his friends are married with kids?? I thought he was very young. 

This family is super entertaining - the awful rapping, the dad drinking vodka at 9am. Amazing. 

I'm also in general liking Sandy much more this season. 

And I hope they bring Ben in. 

• Poor, sweet Colin. But also, how old is he that all of his friends are married with kids?? I thought he was very young. 

I think he's in his early 30s, he's just been admittedly, very sheltered.

I think the thing that annoys me about the Jack and Aesha situation is that it's not even sexual tension.  She has 0 interest in him, as evidenced by that kiss.  It was obvious she was like, okay, peck and then you'll let me go.  
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2019
    VarunaTT said:

Poor, sweet Colin. But also, how old is he that all of his friends are married with kids?? I thought he was very young. 

I think he's in his early 30s, he's just been admittedly, very sheltered.

I think the thing that annoys me about the Jack and Aesha situation is that it's not even sexual tension.  She has 0 interest in him, as evidenced by that kiss.  It was obvious she was like, okay, peck and then you'll let me go.  
    I agree about Jack and Aesha, she's stringing him along for funsies. 

I actually think she and Colin would be adorable.  Not that I think anyone should be pairing up just because, but they do seem to have relationships/sex on these boats due to proximity and boredom.  They're both kind of goofy and a little awkward.  But I think he doesn't know how to handle her jokes/innuendos because girls that look like her shouldn't 'talk' like that (from his worldview, not mine).   
  • Ok, I had to look up Colin's age. He's 31! Super shocking, as he reads 22 to me. 

I think Aesha scares Colin..haha. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I liked Colin last season bc he wasn’t as crazy as the others. This year does seem like he’s lost, like he’s not fitting in with the others. 

Aesha is amusing but I can’t believe half of what comes out of her mouth even though I know it’s for shock value but it’s like wow you just said/did that 
  • LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    That 'singer' was ridiculous. I also love that her music video looked like it was being filmed on the camcorder from mean girls, and the music playback was coming off an iPhone. I think Aesha nailed it that all she was doing was fake rapping and moving her arms. I have a strong feeling that this is like the 'Friday' girl, where Mummy and Daddy have bought her a singing package with a song and 'music video'. 

It also cracks me up that it sounds like one of her 'rap' lyrics is 'woke up and get in the chair, work like I haven't had a wee yet, good morning" I rewound it like 3 times to try to figure it out. I seriously do not know what she is actually trying to say, or if she is trying to 'rap' about how focused she is that she doesn't use the toilet when she wakes up because she is too busy working. 
  • That scene where Sandy was firing Mila was so awkward. Mila was just standing there. Did you really not think you were going to be fired?! They couldn't even serve your food. 

This family is super entertaining - the awful rapping, the dad drinking vodka at 9am. Amazing. 

I'm also in general liking Sandy much more this season. 

And I hope they bring Ben in. 
    I mean...I would definitely need vodka at 9am if I had to deal with that "rapping" and THOSE BRAIDS on a regular basis lol. 

I'm also shocked Mila was surprised she got fired. I'm just waiting for someone at Le Cordon Bleu to come out and say she never was certified there - that that photo of her was photoshopped (like those celebrity kids whose parents provided fake photos of them on the sailing team along with cash to get their kids into college). 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I was wondering about the fake credentials too for Mila. Either that's fake or her menu/sucking is fake and all for the entertainment value. 
  • kvruns said:
    I was wondering about the fake credentials too for Mila. Either that's fake or her menu/sucking is fake and all for the entertainment value. 
    If her menu/lack of abilities are fake, then I would sincerely hope the charter guests for whom she "cooked" (microwaved) received a free charter. If I spent that much to charter a megayacht only to be served microwaved steak, canned vegetables, baking soda cake, canned crab, and rubbery shellfish I would be pissed if I didn't get some kind of reimbursement. 
  • Colin only half-understanding a fluffer's 'job' is hilarious and proves he's too pure for this show, and maybe the world.  ;) 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mrsconn23 said:
    Colin only half-understanding a fluffer's 'job' is hilarious and proves he's too pure for this show, and maybe the world.  ;) 
    I loved the “maybe I should stop using that
  • 6fsn said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Colin only half-understanding a fluffer's 'job' is hilarious and proves he's too pure for this show, and maybe the world.  ;) 
    I loved the “maybe I should stop using that
    “Isn’t that just a general movie production term? Right?”

No, no it is not. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    The primary this week is so annoying. And her step son is on the trip but not her husband? Guessing he is quite a bit older than her although I can’t quite figure out her age 
  • kvruns said:
    The primary this week is so annoying. And her step son is on the trip but not her husband? Guessing he is quite a bit older than her although I can’t quite figure out her age 
    She's just incredibly annoying in general.  I never watched the show about her (Queen of Versallies (?)) because I knew I'd just be annoyed AF about it.  Also, the resort company she and her H run is notoriously difficult for my company to work with, so there's that too (even though I understand that the resorts are nice). I mean she's definitely had some ups and downs in her life, lost a child and economic downturn was not kind to them, but ehhhh... still not a fan.  I will say she makes wild requests, but in the nicest way.  LOL
  • You know, I never, ever thought I was going to say this, but it does look like Joao is trying to change. I hated his sl*tshaming of Aesha, but he did seem very remorseful about how he acts when drunk the next day. He should have apologised directly to her, but I do appreciate that he is being introspective, and recognising that he does not like himself when he drinks. I guess we can judge where he goes from that conclusion. 

Jack is just useless. I hate his work ethic. And his awful veneers.  And I understand where Travis is coming from, but don't hitch your wagon to that guy. He is sinking. 

Oh and there was a definite The Oedipal Love Boat thing going on this week. Makes me miss the Friday pop girl. haha 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I didn't pay attention to her bio so I didn't know she was some kind of "star" . I'll have to look into that now. 

I agree Joao does seem to be trying to change or at least finally think a bit about how he is acting. 
  • I agree hat Joao looks like he is trying to turn over a new leaf. 

This whole group of charter guests is just bizarre to me. 

And while Anastasia does appear to be doing a great job I am really getting annoyed with how often she reminds everyone - including the viewers - that she's no longer a stew because she's now the chef. *eyeroll*
  • kvrunskvruns member
    She is getting a bit too big for her britches
  • We just caught up on this episode.

Jack is such a lazy \#/waffle, I really dislike him.  "You are supposed to be my motivation."  What?!  Your motivation is that you're being PAID.  He's going to pull Aesha and Travis down with him, if they don't wise up.  I'm rather done with Aesha at this point too.

Joan...honestly, I'm worried that she's on something to be soooooooooo languid.  It doesn't seem normal.

I can't believe that tip from people who just slammed down that much money for jewelry, brag about being billionaires, and demanded the level of service they did.  I guess when you're that rich, it's just expected and you don't get embarrassed?  IDK, it was pretty ridiculous.

Also, I'm enjoying from the previews that it looks like Sandy has had it with Jack and Travis too.  I don't think I've ever really seen her curse and definitely not multiple times in a row like that.
  • Omg, and Johnny Damon is on the next episode. 

I agree about Jack. He's so lazy. June also seems...weird. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I must have not paid attention - was the tip really bad?
  • kvruns said:
    I must have not paid attention - was the tip really bad?
    They ended up with around $1300 apiece.  Which after keeping Hannah up 17 hours straight, Hannah having to chase the Queen out of the crew area, Aesha having to unpack the woman...IDK, I've seen way bigger tips out of far less-demanding guests on the show.  But I think it just goes back, honestly, to astoundingly rich people not actually considering labor.
  • Also, I think the last charter guests left them a very large tip, and where no where near as demanding. 

The Queen demanded a picnic at the top of Eze. I mean, she watched them all carry everything up there. That alone deserved a much larger tip. 
  • I thought it was cute last night when Hannah reassured Sandy that everything was under control.  It was a sweet moment. 

In Below Deck regular, and super sad, news, I saw on IG that Capt. Lee's son passed away from an OD.  He wrote a poignant post about it.  :(  
  • Didn't watch last night's episode yet, but I did see about Captain Lee's son. How sad! 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited July 2019
    Jack is an asshole.  I hate that Aesha has a personal story about rape, but he should feel like an asshole for making a rape joke, not just b/c his newest crush has suffered the tragedy.  I full on loathe him now.

I'm interested to see how many of them end up fired at this point.  It's either Jack or Travis and June or Anastasia.  I think there are 2 firings, which as to be a new record for Below Deck.  Sandy seems to be at the end of her patience with everyone.  The FB Page comments are saying it's Ben back, and with Hannah's reaction, I'm sure it is. 

Anastasia is feeding off of Hannah's annoyance with June, but her being mean to June was unnecessary.  And her saying that she assumed "simple" was the way to go with people who dropped they wanted local foods and truffles is just not smart and shows her lack of experience.  They are foodies with that sort of verbiage and preferences.  Just b/c he is a baseball player doesn't mean he doesn't know about the finer things in life.  A grilled chicken Ceaser salad for lunch?  C'mon.  At least "local grown [green] with homemade croutons from a baguette we get from that market right over there and had the chicken killed for you" or something alone those lines, would've sold it as something special at least.  June is still ridiculous.  I'm proud of Joao for stepping up, he really seems to be trying to learn and grow.  I love him and Colin together.  
  • So I know money can't buy you class (thank you Luann), but why do all of these billionaire yacht guests not know how to eat with a knife and fork? It is so gross watching them eat like a medieval feudal lord, holding their fork vertically with a fist stabbing their meat and violently sawing and hacking away at it with their elbows flapping around like they are butchering a hog. It's a filet mignon, not a mastodon.