Wedding Woes
Options

All aboard the train (wreck)

Heyyyyyyy!!!  I know I haven't been around here in a while.  How is everyone?  I'm about to start my 4th year of teaching.  It's still kind of weird to think that I found out about my school & this teaching opportunity through @monkeysip here.  (she's well, too)

My parents have been giving me updates about a wedding they're attending and I figured you ladies would get a kick out of this.  We grew up across the street from the bride and have known her for 30+ years.  The wedding is in Aspen (the couple and most of the guests live in Texas).  And the wedding will be in a few hours .... on a Thursday evening.

The invitation (and website) says black tie (tuxes for the guys and "long formal dress" for women).  The guests have to take a gondola up to the mountain to the ceremony.  The bride's dress (allegedly) costs $25,000 and the pictures on social media of the bridal showers and bachelorette weekend look Kardashian-style lavish & over the top.  The registry includes an $800 Hermes ashtray and a $1250 Baccarat vase.  

Then my mom calls me today from Colorado and whispers into the phone, "They're not serving dinner ... just (bleeping) finger food."  So, we'll see how the rest of it goes.  

Re: All aboard the train (wreck)

• Options
    Holy shit. I would be marching back over to the gift table to take back my card. Keep us updated. 

• Options
    Hey @holyguacamole79, It's good to hear from you again!  I'm glad you're doing well.

And bringing us an extra treat of this real life train wreck wedding, lol.  I'd side-eye a wedding that didn't feed me over a meal time anyway.  But that goes 10x for a destination, lavish wedding that was over the top in every other way.  Except the food, smh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love that your mom called to tell you this!  Lol

hiiiii!  Hope you’re enjoying your summer!

• Options
    I love that your mom called to tell you this!  Lol

hiiiii!  Hope you’re enjoying your summer!
    Heyyyyy!  Yeah, my mom knew this would be an adventure.  She joked that she was mostly going to drink the FOB's booze since he's known for having good taste.  When I found out about finger foods, I asked her if there would be booze.  She said "there better be!"  And she also side-eyed the fact that my sister was invited to the shower but not the wedding.  (I didn't get invited to anything, and I'm totally okay with that).

Summer has been good, but busy.  I'm teaching summer school for some extra $$.  I got the impression that it would be a low-maintenance gig, but it has been anything but.  I've busted 5 students for cheating and have had a mother of a student ask if her son's tutor could call me over the 4th of July holiday weekend to ask questions.  I point blank said "no".  But, it's kept me busy and I've made good $$.

• Options
    Good to "see" you @holyguacamole79! Glad to hear that you are doing well (and @monkeysip is doing well too)! Keep us updated on the train wreck. I'm with your mother (and everyone else here) and the eye rolling.
  • Options
    Omg crazy!!

Any chance you can divulge the hashtag so we may creep also? ;) 
  • Options
    I'm dying for the update on this one. Wake up Momma Guac!
  • Options
    I'm desperate for an update as well! Great to see you, guac! We miss you around here!!
  • Options
    Okay, I have good news and bad news.   The good news is that there were miscommunications about the meal ... it was a lovely dinner of steak.  There were several other communication glitches throughout the wedding hoopla apparently, so I can't say I'm too surprised.   So, I don't have any good dirt.  Mom said they had a blast and had fun getting dressed up, enjoying the view, and catching up with friends. 

I'm sorry to let y'all down.  Looking at the pics, it was crazy lavish and pretty.  

I mean ... boo no train wreck but yay to not a waste for your parents :)
  • Options
    Good news for your parents and the guests!

BAD news for us....  darn it, lol