Wedding Woes
Options

Frying hot Friday

What's up for the weekend?  Other than staying cool, not much around here. 

I work tomorrow, blerg.   We're having dinner at my parents on Sunday with my grandpa before he leaves town.  

I'm hoping for a little sleeping in on Sunday.  Other than that SSDD. 

Re: Frying hot Friday

• Options
    Ugh I have so many plans. Including a farewell party for a good friend that will be outside in the heat, where I will know no one, and that is an hour and a half away. Strongly considering bailing! 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    We had a power outage in our building so got to leave at 3 yesterday.  I went home to cook H and his buddy dinner before they left for work at 5.  Had I worked till 5, my usual, I couldn’t have done that!  I wanted to try out this new paleo orange chicken recipe.  Tonight is Lion King and tomorrow is paranormal cirque.  I’m pretty excited for both!

I don’t want to work today. 

Edit for words

• Options
    Ugh I have so many plans. Including a farewell party for a good friend that will be outside in the heat, where I will know no one, and that is an hour and a half away. Strongly considering bailing! 
    I wouldn’t blame you if you did!

• Options
    @STARMOON44 I would totally bail on that party. 

Tonight I have to go see my brother's band. They're playing at a bar/restaurant right near my house. 

Tomorrow, hair appointment in the morning. And then nothing for the rest of the weekend. I'll be hiding in the AC. 
  • Options
    Tonight is happy hour with my book club. But I haven't finished the book, so I kinda suck. I've had to skip the last two, so I'm going to go and just deal with spoilers. Tomorrow we're going to try to raft down the river (Shoot the Hooch), if it doesn't rain, and then I'm going to go play with some puppies. Sunday we're going to a soccer game with my sister and BIL. I'm really excited about that one; my sister is a blast when she's child free. 

I also have no motivation to work today. I did all the easy stuff yesterday and left myself a sort of subjective project today. I'm not in the mind-frame for creative problem solving right now. I'm hoping for a jolt of motivation to come from nowhere. Instead, I'm online shopping for upcoming work travel. That's work, right? 
  • Options
    My flight has now been delayed twice so I’m drinking a nice glass of wine at the airport and hoping I make it to New York soon. I legit could have driven there faster. I’m never flying United again. This is the second time within a year I’ve flown into Newark and both times have had massive delays. 
  • Options

@charlotte989875 good luck with the delay - some of the worst I've ever had have been flying into Newark!

@STARMOON4 I would be noping out of that party so fast....

I have a bunch of work to do today and no motivation to do it.  I just want to nap.  And I slept for about 10 hours last night.  I did splurge on a good coffee from the café downstairs so hoping that kicks in soon. 

Tomorrow is a ton of organizing inside - we bought a bunch of stuff to help us with that on our IKEA date last week.  Hopefully it all works out like we think it will!

Sunday (pending heat) we're doing an architecture boat tour in the city with H's family! 

• Options
    Wow, I'm finally able to log in.  The Pythons are gone so maybe that was the issue.

The weather has been hot and humid here for a few days.  It's supposed to peak today and be nicer for the weekend.  Let's hope!

Work has been slow this week and the days are dragging.  I'm so glad it's Friday.  Nothing much planned for the weekend.  I need to get some groceries and clean.  Otherwise I see lots of relaxing in my future!
  • Options
    I have a moon party on Saturday. Our neighbor is a freelance writer and the moon is her thing (she did a lot of the Atlantic articles about the solar eclipse in 2017, for instance). She's also sold a book on humanity's history with the moon. So they're hosting a party for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.
    Love this
  • Options
    I would bail too @STARMOON44

I hope your delay clears up soon, @charlotte989875. Until then, enjoy all the wine. 

We are going to dinner with my parents tonight. Tomorrow we have a concert in the park that we’re going to with FSIL and her FI. I have a facial today that I’m going to more out of obligation. Then I can finally freeze my Massage Envy account. The way they set up their business is the biggest racket. 

I hope everyone stays cool and has a great weekend! 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I just need the week to end.  
  • Options
    I finally sent out a report this morning that's been haunting me for the last couple days.  But now I have my normal mountain of Fri. work to do and will have to be here late.  Again.  But Fridays are my half-days so at least "late" is still off in the early afternoon.  Then lunch (nothing special).  Then a nap!

Tomorrow morning is the bank and taking the pup to the vet.  Nothing worrying.  Just her heartworm protection.  We have a brunch mystery shop on Sunday and we're looking forward to that.  We need to get out to our duplexes on either late Sat. afternoon or Sun. after brunch for double duty (me and H) DIY work.  We're playing it by ear.

The DIY was originally going to definitely be Sat.  But, ugh, other priorities came up.  Things did not work out with that potential tenant, so it's back to the drawing board and we have another cattle call showing on Sat between noon-1PM.  There was already some hinkiness and minor red flags going on.  But, we are a bit more liberal in our standards with Section 8 tenants because the agency already does a lot of vetting and they pay/all the majority of the rent.  Except the application the tenant turned in was almost blank, smh.  So we had to contact her back to get a current or previous landlord contact info for a reference (plus other pertinent info).

The first name and number she gave us was the wrong number.  As an aside, that person's name also didn't match the owner of their current residence.  Another potential red flag.  Instead of getting/finding us the correct number.  She gave us a different name and number.  I assume a previous landlord.  But warned us that he had died?!?!  Lady, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?  At that point, we were just so done and annoyed we'd even wasted this much time on someone whose stories just seemed to be getting sketchier and sketchier.  We told her we were sorry, but were going to have to decline her application.  She came and picked back up her holding deposit and S8 paperwork last night.  She was disappointed, but at least wasn't angry about it.  It was disappointing she wasn't more above board to begin with, but mostly relief that I think we dodged a major bullet.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gonna scorcher this weekend.
    Heat warning all weekend :\  I'm hoping after BabyKitten's nap on Saturday it'll be a little better to take her to a splash pad but based on forecast, it won't be. :( Damn.
    At least it'll be a bit better next week when my mum has her :) My mum is very excited for quality BabyKitten time :)
    My aunt is watching her next Friday though, because my mum couldn't do whole week.
    I'm week after and M is the last week. Then she's back at daycare on the 12th

I know M is helping his grandpa clear stuff out of the house since he's moving to a senior residential apartment in September. We're getting a stand mixer {!!!!} and apartment sized deep freezer.

Depending on weather and timing, idk if I'm gonna go. BabyKitten needs a nap and I kinda feel like since we're not helping, we'll be in the way? Idk. It's kinda up in the air.
    Celebration of life for M's grandma is the 27th. I'm not doing grave site. I personally can't, and I feel bad I can't be there for him but afterwards he's picking me up and we're going the to rest of the ceremony. My mum is watching BabyKitten because it's just not the best place to bring her.

Idk if I mentioned it before, but M got a consolidated loan for his debt. He was making payments but it was just not making a hard enough dent in it that he has basically plateaued. I'm a cosigner, only to make sure he got approved. The level of debt vs income had to be a certain percentage before it would be approved and him alone was JUST over the percentage so they used my info.
    M knows I have zero to do with this, and he won't ask me to make payments on it, but at least instead of constantly asking how it's going with payment plan - I can look.
    He also has ability to drop extra cash on it to help lower the time frame.
  • Options
    DD and family just left. H and I are leaving tomorrow for a business type trip - is on a board of directors for a college. I need to clean the house after a week of not cleaning at all but have no energy for it. I also need to workout but again no energy! Oh yeah and pack. Ugh!

We had a great time having the grands here for a week. So much fun and so much activity! The house is already sooooo quiet. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, was M the one who wrote that Prudie letter, lol?  But seriously, congrats to him on his debt consolidation. I hope his interest rate went down also.  And congrats on the freebie mixer and freezer.  Our extra freezer died a few months ago and we are a little bereft without it.  However, right now, we have so much else on our plate, we don't want to deal with it.  Plus, we had it outside...why we think it died in just a few years.  But we want our next one inside.  So that will be some rearranging.

As an update to my daily post.  I'm saying f**k it!  The Big Boss is already at site for the next two weeks.  I'm sending my big weekly report on Monday instead.  If anybody asks...he'd pretty much be the only one who would, but he has 100x bigger fish to fry right now...then I had "computer problems" and couldn't get it to run.  My "computer problems" entailing that I needed to get the hell away from it and leave on time, on a Fri., for once, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy  LMAO!!! No, he's the one that explains to me that our income in mixed. I'm not paying it because it's 100% things he spent and didn't need to. He is slowly learning the repercussions of frivolous spending.
    Interest isn't as good as the line of credit, but significantly better than credit card. Old card will be cancelled; he's getting a new card with lower limit; adjusted lower line of credit {which with interest rate, if we opt to get new furniture - whatever we can't save for then we'll use the line of credit}
    We haven't had an extra freezer ever, so we're pretty excited. We're going to be doing some stuff that are more "freezer meal" stuff in the fall/winter so it'll be nice for the extra space :)
  • Options
    Finally made it on the plane and now there is a power issue and the air conditioner is off. I’m never making it to the city. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    T minus 14 days until work is out. I want to go to the pool but the heat index is over 100 and I feel like I might die. 

I'm afraid we will be trapped in the house all weekend bc it will be too hot to take B anywhere outside and all the indoor places we might go have outdoor components and he likes those best so there's no way I could keep in inside without a huge meltdown.  I'm thinking maybe the park at like 8am before it is scorching and that will suffice and then it will be too much TV bc I can't get him to do anything like color for more than about 30 seconds. 
  • Options
    1 hour to go and I have to finish a file so it can be reviewed Monday morning. Obv monday is court, so it'll be busy a.f ....guhhhh
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Bail @STARMOON44! @ugh newark, good luck @charlotte989875 getting to the city as well as being in it in this heat  :#@short+sassy you dodged a major bullet! @flantastic the moon party sounds awesome! 
    We went to the 10:30am Lion King...it was nicely done, we all enjoyed.  I had three busy weekends my sister's wedding, my mom's surprise 60th, and the twins' bday party, so I intentionally have a whole bunch of nothing planned for this weekend.  Perfect weather for it too  B)
  • Options
    5:00 is so far away.  I just had to review a file that was transferred to me. I have had multiple files from this co-worker transferred to me and she is shit at her job and I am soooooooo tired of cleaning up her messes.  I found all the mistakes on this one, one of which is pretty damn big, and my boss just asked me to keep it and take care of it. 

Image result for you so terrible gif

I like my boss, so okay, but I'm also not empowered to go train her so that this stops happening.  I'm so annoyed and just ugh.

Image result for not today satan gif

So, to wrap it up basically:

Image result for wine gif
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2019
    Just to clarify, @VarunaTT, loved your meme’s not your work day :)

also - can i be invited to this moon party @flantastic?  The appetizers I will bring will be fantastic.  cheese moon replica’s. 

Edit:
    i could for sure do this (but with her name on it)

• Options
    ei34 said:
    Bail @STARMOON44! @ugh newark, good luck @charlotte989875 getting to the city as well as being in it in this heat  :#@short+sassy you dodged a major bullet! @flantastic the moon party sounds awesome! 
    We went to the 10:30am Lion King...it was nicely done, we all enjoyed.  I had three busy weekends my sister's wedding, my mom's surprise 60th, and the twins' bday party, so I intentionally have a whole bunch of nothing planned for this weekend.  Perfect weather for it too  B)
    Yup but I made it!! 

Checked into my hotel and my room was a cool 68 degrees and I’m meeting a good friend at 5 for drinks!
  • Options
    I just had the most annoying facial ever. The esthetician talked the. entire. time. Literally the whole time. Asking me for career advice, Botox advice (after telling me she thought people who got it before 30 were falling for a “fad.” Like it’s cool I just told you I’ve been getting it for years and it’s been great but whatever), and telling me her travel plans. I’m here to relax, not have a social hour. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT The girl who covered for my mat leave made some rough mistakes, a couple of which were not good, most of which are just "meh, it's fine"

But she was a temp ....