Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    He's such a bad actor, it is ridiculous
  • I'm disappointed Colt and Larissa have broken up.  They are both emotionally abusive people and neither one of them should be subjected to others!

And his mom, PFFTTT!!!  He's the one whose marriage just ended.  But she still makes it about herself and starts crying because "it's so hard to see your child tortured like that".  So he starts comforting her.  Wow.

Pao was so weird about the grandmothers holding the baby.  I hope most of that was just for the show.  And then she's bitching at Russ to find a different job, so he doesn't travel as much.  Has she already forgotten how long it took him to find this one?  Especially since she seems to refuse to live anywhere except Miami.  I realize she wants to go back into modeling, so it is something to think about.  Especially if he has overnights often.  But it's still a lot of the same issues that most dual-income or single parents face.

Elizabeth handles Andrei all wrong.  $15K for a trip to and fake wedding in Moldova?  Sure thing, hon.  Sounds great!  But none of it is going on credit cards.  We'll earmark one third of the money YOU bring into the house for that, as long as we still have enough for our basic bills.  Just let me know when it's saved up.  Hopefully before the new baby graduates from high school, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like everything with Colt is fake - especially when he drank that bottle of Jack. 
    If there was a shred of doubt that Colt was anything more than a very bad actor, chugging that bottle of Jack would erase that. Ashley took Jay back, whatever comes after that, she deserves.

• I feel like everything with Colt is fake - especially when he drank that bottle of Jack. 
    If there was a shred of doubt that Colt was anything more than a very bad actor, chugging that bottle of Jack would erase that. Ashley took Jay back, whatever comes after that, she deserves.
    I knew there was something else momentous that happened I was forgetting, lol.

They are no longer together IRL, though he has his own place now in the same area as her.  I think that "reunion" was faked for tv.  Sure, that's nice he came back to take care of her while she was sick.  I've actually never doubted that he cares about her.  But he's still an unrepentant cheater who is still too carefree and obviously not done sowing his wild oats.  Nothing she says or does is going to change that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jay to me is just too young to be married.  He's not ready, and he's acting like the normal 20 year old he was raised to be.  He's not ready to settle down yet and won't be for a long time I think.  I'm not surprised he went back though.  I agree that he cares about her, and I also doubt he's been dumped this spectacularly ever before in his life.  He's not sure how to handle it.  With the cops being called, threats of arrest and deportation, he looks more like a scared little kid

Larissa/Colty - What a shit show.  Mom is in charge in that house for sure, but Larissa has gone off the deep end too.  Can't wait to hear more about the new guy next week.  No surprise there

Pao/Russ - Please don't go to work cos you'll be away from me and the baby.  Why can't you get a better job, Russ, you need to support us better!  Pick a side Pao.  You can't have it both ways

Chantal/Pedro - Serious counselling needed, away from both families.  Though I was honestly impressed with how calmly his Mom sat and talked with Chantal a couple of episodes ago.  So they can all be civil when required

• Pao’s Behavior is a little obsessive. Her own mother didn’t get to hold the baby? It just didn’t seem real.

Chantel and Pedro - what does he need to do for her to believe him? He came back with her and told his family she is his wife and comes first. They need some serious counseling to get out of that rut they are in.
  • edited July 2019
    debbeau said:
    Pao’s Behavior is a little obsessive. Her own mother didn’t get to hold the baby? It just didn’t seem real.

Chantel and Pedro - what does he need to do for her to believe him? He came back with her and told his family she is his wife and comes first. They need some serious counseling to get out of that rut they are in.
    Eh, I think Pedro sends mixed signals. He's not firm enough with his family about boundaries. And he's pouty. Chantels family is OOT in boundary violations. I still can't get over the mother purchasing a taser and being disappointed when she didn't have a chance to use it on Pedro. This can't be real. They should have moved to Savannah, but there's that TV show deal with her family. I really have had enough of the Chantel/Pedro story.

Paola is just getting tiresome. There is no pleasing her.

• kvrunskvruns member
    Summit is making me laugh trying to get in the fight with the guy at the bar. I didn't picture him as confrontational!
  • kvruns said:
    Summit is making me laugh trying to get in the fight with the guy at the bar. I didn't picture him as confrontational!
    I agree that seemed odd.  I'm suspicious it was a faked scene.  The instigator guy had his face blurred, but no one else at the table did.  I'm still curious as to why Summit didn't move to the US, since apparently his family will be such a huge problem.  I don't think they've ever explained that.

I really like Jihoon's parents.  There's something about them that just exudes contentment and kindness.  I was glad they had really enjoyed their time in Las Vegas and welcomed Deavan and Drascilla into their family.

Corey and Evelin -- I initially didn't like Evelin.  She seemed so cold that she had turned down his marriage proposal, yet still encouraged him to come to Ecuador.  And then didn't meet him at the airport.  But then she has explained she needs him to be more independent and show he can learn more of the language and culture, before she will agree to marrying him.  And I could understand her point of view more.  So much squeamishness from that guy.  Yeesh.

Oh, but wait.  I did digging online.  In typical TLC fashion, there is a whole lot of misrepresentation in their story.  Apparently Corey isn't some little sheltered boy who has barely left the family compound.  He is just the opposite.  He has a degree in Communications and his background is photo-journaling his adventures.  He has traveled extensively throughout the world, including living in Peru for several months, and it was on one of those adventures he met Evelin.  Her parents own a seaside restaurant and the cocktail bar that Corey and Evelin bought is next to it.  They appear to be still together and are both pictured in various promo ads for the bar.

TLC, what is wrong with you?!?  Their real story is a LOT more interesting than the fake one you created! It's like you all just can't help yourselves, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I remember reading that they met when he was backpacking through South America so you are right they do represent him wrong. Interesting about his parents too. I still don't like Evelin though!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Coltee : alimony doesn’t surprise me since she doesn’t (can’t?) work. Although maybe just until she is deported?

Larissa: omg her new “bf”. When she asks if he likes heels I half expected him to say he likes wearing them.  He kind of has that creepy Coltee voice too 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Another cancelled Morocco trip. Shocker. The amount of money she’s wasted on his drama is ridiculous 
  • kvruns said:
    Another cancelled Morocco trip. Shocker. The amount of money she’s wasted on his drama is ridiculous 
    Why was the trip cancelled??  Uhh, it's private??  Bahaha.  Nice try

Larissa's new Sugar Daddy is a little creepy, but I can't quite put my finger on why.  He just gives me weird vibes.  

After last night, I think Chantal and Pedro are done unless they get some serious counselling fast.  They don't even look like they're willing to try and work it through anymore.  

I counted only 3 couples attending the tell all together, and only 1 of those happy (Andrei and Elizabeth), though she did say they weren't too happy either.  But they seem ok out of everyone

• kvrunskvruns member
    What was up with Colt starting shit with everyone backstage. I thought he seemed drunk at first. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited July 2019
    Mother Chantel trying to say it's science, gravity, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I mean I knew what she was saying but it made me laugh a bit because they were talking about fighting and she said she was going to teach them about gravity and I thought she meant like in a fight his family would be hitting the floor. Whoops.

edit: OMG the teaser for the next episode of Coltee throwing the water bottle. It looked like the way my 2.5 y/o throws.
  • I don't know anything about divorces, but I think Larissa absolutely should have gotten some kind of alimony.  Even if it was only for a limited time, like 6 months.  She can't legally work in the US yet.  He's the one who brought her here, knowing she would be dependent on him.  At least until she could work.  Too bad, so sad things didn't work out.  I'm not even that big a fan of Larissa's.  But he's showing a really low character to leave her completely high and dry.  

I'm so glad it wasn't just me who got a weird vibe from Larissa's new b/f.  Apparently she has a type..."creepy", lol.

Couples counseling seems so obvious for Chantel and Pedro.  It's a shame they don't seem to have done that.  Their problem is their families and neither one is navigating that very well.  I think a neutral 3rd party therapist could help them with it.  Though teasers for that upcoming Family Chantel look like maybe there is some family counseling in one of the episodes.

What is with Mother Chantel always threatening violence?!?!  She is messed up.  I hope it's all just for the show but, if not, her family needs to wake up and get her help. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2019
    Mother Chantel is not as clever as she thinks. Her analogies make no sense. The gravity thing was a whole lot of rambling until she finally found her point. I would have said, 'you can't pick a peach from a nut tree.' And that would apply to both Pedro and Chantel. All those people just need to get away from each other, but there's the new show.

Larissa has a type  - the wishy-washy, easily manipulated, creepy type. I thought what's his name was going to tuck his tail and run when she told him she had to go to court for a third domestic violence charge. But no, he fell for the innocent eyes look. I don't think she should get alimony. She should get a small settlement to hold her over and plane tickets back to Brazil. Colt brought her here and he needs to get her back home. If she isn't deported and decides to stay, it should be up to her to find her way. I foresee another round of 90DF with Larissa and her new shill.

• edited July 2019
    Mother Chantel is the epitome of her famous comment - "things are about to get a whole lot more stupider". 

I haven't watched the tell all yet, but I did see a few clips. 
  • @MariePoppy, I've never heard the adage, "you can't pick a peach from a nut tree".  I like it!

I think the part of the K-1 Visa (and similar visas) is the American has to put enough money in escrow to send that person back to their own country if things don't work out.  But I'm not totally sure on that and, if so, have no idea what the parameters are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MariePoppy, I've never heard the adage, "you can't pick a peach from a nut tree".  I like it!

I think the part of the K-1 Visa (and similar visas) is the American has to put enough money in escrow to send that person back to their own country if things don't work out.  But I'm not totally sure on that and, if so, have no idea what the parameters are.
    I hope that's true, for the sake of those who find themselves in unfavorable or abusive situations.

• kvrunskvruns member
    Are Corey and Evelin ever happy??? And are they living together - I feel like that would be against Mormonism 
  • I’m not sure if I have it right but did Jihoon and Deavan only spend 3 weeks together and she was pregnant? Is it possible he may not be the daddy?

I wonder if Sumit could come to the states. Maybe there would be less pressure on them. Jenny please cut your own toenails. That bothered me a little.

Tiffany keeps saying she needs to be sure her son is comfortable and she can trust Ronald. Well he isn’t off to a great start and aren’t they getting married in a couple of days?

Paul, Paul, Paul that’s all I can say.

• I'm still only half way through the tell all episode. I freaking hate Cole and his mother SO MUCH. 

How has it not dawned on Nicole that if Azan wanted to be with her, they'd work it out. She won't even talk about why he won't let her come to Morocco. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Yes just the 3 weeks together. It is always possible the child isn't his. Wonder if there are any pix online of the new baby?

I agree that Tiffany asking her son if he's happy/comfortable and saying she needs him to be comfortable but yet he's saying he doesn't want to be there, etc. Such mixed messages as she acts like her son is her focus but clearly it isn't if she's marrying this guy
  • I'm still only half way through the tell all episode. I freaking hate Cole and his mother SO MUCH. 

How has it not dawned on Nicole that if Azan wanted to be with her, they'd work it out. She won't even talk about why he won't let her come to Morocco. 
    I think Nicole is acting like a stubborn child, who doesn't want to admit she was wrong. She looked sheepish when she was asked if her Moroccan trip was canceled, yet again. 

• Looking at trailers for the next Family Chantal episode, Pedro is saying he doesn't want to even go to counselling.  That's a big red flag for me with their relationship.  May be it's edited for tv though.  Still haven't watched the first episode of that one. 

On a different thought, was there no Pillow Talk after the tell all this week?  It's the bet show they have from this series

• debbeau said:
    I’m not sure if I have it right but did Jihoon and Deavan only spend 3 weeks together and she was pregnant? Is it possible he may not be the daddy?

I wonder if Sumit could come to the states. Maybe there would be less pressure on them. Jenny please cut your own toenails. That bothered me a little.

Tiffany keeps saying she needs to be sure her son is comfortable and she can trust Ronald. Well he isn’t off to a great start and aren’t they getting married in a couple of days?

Paul, Paul, Paul that’s all I can say.
    Jihoon and Deavan were especially whirlwind.  Even for 90DF.  I hope they've at least had this discussion and Deavan knows it is 100% his.  Because I get the impression they didn't really become that serious with each other, until after Deavan got pregnant.  That was about the clumsiest proposal I could have imagined, lol.  But they were both happy about it, so that's the important part.

That's one aspect of "The Other Way" I haven't liked.  They've explained for some of the couples, but not all of them, as to why the foreign person is not coming to the US.  Especially with Sumit, it seems to me it would have been way better for him to come to the US, because he seems to be afraid of physical violence from his parents for defying them.  I have no earthly idea why they aired Sumit cutting Jenny's toenails.  Nobody wants to see that.  It was so weird.

Overall, I like Tiffany.  Even if I think she is making a huge mistake.  But it really bugs me that she seems to be on endless repeat that "her son is all that matters and if he isn't comfortable or happy, they'll leave".  Because that is obviously and completely a lie.  She's not going anywhere.  And, in a general sense, I don't think there's anything wrong that!  Kids shouldn't dictate who their parents date or where the family lives.  I'd respect her a lot more if she just told it like it is.

I'm sure I'd be a little freaked out too if my new "dad" just warned me about how dangerous South Africa is and I could get kidnapped and sold into slavery.  I mean, I get it, you want to instill some extra caution and stranger-danger.  But that conversation seemed too blunt and over the top for that child's age.

Yeah, Paul.  Cry me the Amazonian River.  You caused ALL of this.  ALL of it.  Because, for an entire year, you couldn't be bothered to find a f/t job that paid $26K, so you could bring Karine to the US.  I have to admit being curious if the immigration thing is even that big deal.  Considering they're moving in with her parents to a tiny village.  Accessible only by boat and is a 5-6 day ride from what sounds like the next medium/large city.  Seems like a great hideout to me.  Is immigration really going to go hunt him down, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2019
    Looking at trailers for the next Family Chantal episode, Pedro is saying he doesn't want to even go to counselling.  That's a big red flag for me with their relationship.  May be it's edited for tv though.  Still haven't watched the first episode of that one. 

On a different thought, was there no Pillow Talk after the tell all this week?  It's the bet show they have from this series
    Pedro and Chantal need counseling. The two of them, together, without their families. Unless I've missed something, the counselor is the Family Chantal's minister, rather than an impartial therapist. Much as I dislike him, I don't blame Pedro for not wanting to walk into that. Perhaps a religious minister might cut to the chase, though, and tell Chantal's family that they need to butt out of their marriage.

• Looking at trailers for the next Family Chantal episode, Pedro is saying he doesn't want to even go to counselling.  That's a big red flag for me with their relationship.  May be it's edited for tv though.  Still haven't watched the first episode of that one. 

Pedro and Chantal need counseling. The two of them, together, without their families. Unless I've missed something, the counselor is the Family Chantal's minister, rather than an impartial therapist. Much as I dislike him, I don't blame Pedro for not wanting to walk into that. Perhaps a religious minister might cut to the chase, though, and tell Chantal's family that they need to butt out of their marriage.
    Absolutely, I've been thinking this for a long time.  I don't think he'll buy in though.  I think he's done.  If you look at the flashbacks to when he first came to the US, his demeanour, attitude, etc. is completely different.  I think he's just tired of it all and done with everything.  I don't have a lot of hope for that marriage lasting

• Oh boy. Watching last nights episode. Corey took out his retirement and spent it on Evelyn? Especially without her agreeing she wants the same things as he does.

Jenny needs to figure out how to take care of herself. Even if he is living with her he will be off working.

Was that’s just for the show that Ronald had to go pick up Tiffany’s dad in a casino?

Lastly, Paul. The preview that shows he wants a DNA test made me want to throw something at the screen.