Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

It's oh...so...quiet!  :D  DefConn is off to school.  DH is at work.  I'm gloriously alone.  

Yesterday was a great day.  We slept in. We took DefConn karting for the first time.  We hit up a restaurant that I love for lunch.  My sister and foster nephew came for dinner and we got shaved ice from a local food truck.  The weather was perfect.   It was a lovely way to close out summer break with DefConn.  <3

And now, it's prudie day!!  Woot, woot! 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    That sounds like a lovely day @mrsconn23 enjoy the quiet!!

I’m temporarily enjoying the quiet in the office. It’s going to be another crazy day of meetings and I’m trying to enjoy the calm before the storm. 

Softball tonight even though I can’t play I’m going to watch my team. It’s semi-finals for the first game and if (when!) we win championships are right after! 
  • Options
    That does sound like a great day! @mrsconn23

Go Team @charlotte989875! Have fun! 

This week has worn me out. Sometimes I feel like telling work, I don’t wanna anymore. But then I think I would go crazy being home all the time. Idk.
    One more week before vacation and I am stressing myself out about traveling with a stroller and a car seat and shit. I seriously miss the days of throwing everything in a carrying on and going. We did order a new, super folding, stroller so FX it arrives in time and fits in my backpack. 
  • Options
    It's THURSDAY! 

I have some annoying work stuff to do and then later a follow up appointment at my Dr.   

I need to get DH something for our anniversary this weekend.   What do you get someone when he's driving a brand new car? 
  • Options
    @cupcait927 glad you applied!  And since you understand my 5500 woes, I finally had the last one signed 7/30. The client was like "oh I thought this was PCOR which we already filed so that's why I wasn't doing it". If that was the case why not tell me that oh I don't know 6 weeks ago instead of be having to send 5 reminders - we could have straightened it out a long time ago.
  • Options
    @kvruns that kind of stuff drives me batty! I have had so many people come back to me with questions lately that they could've answered themselves if they had just read my emails the first time. We also had the last of our 5500s signed yesterday afternoon - talk about cutting it close. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 He's so grown up! 
  • Options
    So cute @mrsconn23 I can’t believe all the first day of school posts I’m seeing! I also can’t believe it’s Aug 1st.

I moved the surgery up.  I’m now getting it August 26th, and it’s a race to get my new cc in - so I can pay it off in portions and they need final payment next Thursday!

i can do it if the 5 days is accurate of the 5-7 days they said it would take.  Or maybe I move my appt over to Monday to give me till Monday to pay it all off?  But then I have to drive further to a different office.  This is a difficult decision. 

• Options
    I also can't believe all the first day of school posts I'm seeing, primarily because IMO July 31/August 1 is an INSANELY early time to be starting school. I feel like I'm mostly seeing it from Indy, though, out of the places I've lived - the folks still in the Jersey shore culture wouldn't dare, and here it's been moderate. I just remember as a high schooler in Indy, the start date of school crept from the 20s to like the 9th of August even in those 4 years.

But he's really cute, @mrsconn23!
  • Options
    @flantastic everyone around here (well almost all school districts) moved to the balanced calendar a couple years ago so it is shorter summer break but longer fall, spring, etc. My niece's district is the first to go back I believe (Perry Township) and it was last week. Today seems to be a big day for lots of other districts. 
  • Options
    Way too early for school to start! I had to deal with all the school bus traffic this morning because Indy is under road construction everywhere! H is out of town until Saturday so I've got some peace and quiet around here. @flantastic, I thought CHS always started the first to second week of August! It least it did while DS1 was there. I thought that was crazy early because DD and DS2 were in township schools.
  • Options
    Ugh don't even talk about the construction traffic. I read last night that 465 on the southeast side will be closed for 15 days in each direction in August and September. That's how I go to visit my parents, I already rescheduled a girls day with my mom to avoid it. Not to mention 465 on the northeast side has had tons of lane closures every weekend I feel like we can never go anywhere. 
  • Options
    In Iowa, it starts after the Iowa state fair.  Not necessarily right after - but the damn fair goes first!  I think ISF has always been 2nd and 3rd weekends of august. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Yay for quiet and 3rd graders and job applications!!
    @banana- what about stuff to wash the car himself? a new key chain? I got DH one that has the latitude and longitude of our wedding location. 

I am less than pleased with DH right now.  I've been running myself ragged these last few weeks with kid stuff.  Yesterday we spent all morning at the doc for 6let, raced home to through stuff in the dryer for team camp.  Tried to pick up a scrip that wasn't ready.  Came back home grabbed half dry clothes and a bunch of food for the day. Picked up M2 at camp, went for a picnic and hiking for the afternoon. Got all of us for eye exams, ate dinner in the car on the way to soccer camp, sat through 2 hrs of camp, collected the kids and drove home while they ate snacks. 

I had asked DH to pick up the script that was finally ready.

We walked in the door at 8:45.  DH was sitting on the couch playing a game on his phone while the clean clothes I had folded sat next to him.  Dirty dishes were all over the kitchen. Our cooler was loaded down with all of the dirty dishes from the day.  He got off the couch long enough to hand me the script so I could put it in 6let's ear.  NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.  He got an earful.

This morning 6let found a stash of candy and asked me about it like I have had any moment away from them to sneak off and get candy.  When DH went for the script at a GROCERY STORE not a Walgreens or anything, he bought himself candy and slim jims for our weekend trip.  No bananas or apples or anything we need today or for the weekend.  Crap for HIM.  I'm  still pissed and we have date night tonight.  grrrrrrr

• Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I would believe that the madness moved quickly and we only really got the one good year in (i.e. the one I had before DS1). But it had to be at least the 18th or 19th when school started my freshman year.
  • Options
    I agree it sounds so early for school to be starting.  But thanks everyone for the tip that I should start paying attention to school zones again, lol.  Though here in NOLA, I suspect they aren't starting until next week.  Which is still a major change from when I was growing up.  We started school around mid-Sept.  Like 6 more weeks from now!  I'm not sure if that is an area thing (So CA) or an Old Lady @short+sassy thing, ie "S+S school hasn't started that late since the Pretty in Pink movies were all the rage." Lol.

My H is doing another showing for our vacant unit.  With any luck, this should be the last one.  I FINALLY got the employment/income verifications done.  Phew!  It was a lot of trying to get in touch with people and not getting return calls, lol.  We all still need to sign a lease but, barring anything crazy and hopefully I didn't just jinx myself lol, I'm assuming we'll all get that taken care of by tomorrow.

I'm insanely busy at work.  I've gotten a huge chunk of the most important stuff done this week.  So now I'm onto the almost as important stuff, which has become backed up, lol.  Someday, y'all, someday.  I will be able to breathe again, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The one thing that sucks about school starting this early, is that there's no 'break' until October.  The only day off they get between now and then is Labor Day. (We pull him out the Friday before Labor Day since we go to the family farm every year.)  From October to December, it feels like they're out of school as much as in school between fall break, Thanksgiving and then Christmas break.  
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Boo Mr. 6... he sounds like my H  :s aww so handsome @mrsconn23

Took advantage of it being 80 and not humid here and spent the morning at the playground.  DD's neuro appt went fine yesterday, just a transient tick and we shouldn't call attention if she starts up. 
  • Options
    MrsConn - Too cute!  I usually can't see pics at work, but glad I could see that one!

6 - My H would have had an earful too!  Order the surf and turf tonight - you've earned!

Busy day today!  Just trying to get through this week, since we are taking a long weekend down the shore.  It's my mom's 71st birthday today and I posted the one pic of my parents and the grands to FB today.  So many people commented on the picture, it reminded me I needed to make prints for her!  So I also got some frames off Amazon and that and two yeti-like beer can/bottle holder will be her present!  I can even hang the pictures for her this weekend.