Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Party on Wedding Website?

How many of you have chosen to put Bridal Party Bios on your Wedding Website? We would rather not and honestly feel as though we have other plans to show our gratitude (thoughtful card and gift before wedding), but we do not want to have poor etiquette either. We know that it’s not overtly required, but is it rude not to do it these days? Any and all thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Bridal Party on Wedding Website?

• I don't think it's a big deal either way.   There's no requirement to have a website. 
  • Not rude and to be honest I would be so relieved as a bridal party member. I’ve always thought they were kind of odd. 

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree with others.  There is really NO need to place any personal information on this website, particularly if it is not directly related to the bride and groom.  I have actually known 2 people who were upset that information about them was placed on these websites without their knowledge or consent.
  • downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2019
    Totally unnecessary and not rude at all. The wedding website is to give your guests practical info about the wedding, not to learn the life stories of your wedding party.
  • I wouldn't do it. I have seen two websites that posted bios on each wp member, including first and last names, how they met the bride or groom, and anecdotes, one couple included 'most likely to' awards for each. As a guest, I'm not interested in this stuff about people I don't know.

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    Agree with others. As a bridal party member, I don't need you putting my personal info out there. As a guest, I don't care to read it. I care about the couple getting married, and I care about my friends and family - so if they're friend or family, I already know how you know them, and if they're not, then I pretty much don't care. I'll learn it if I happen to strike up some small talk with them.

The wedding party are not "wedding celebrities" and any BM or GM who'd be upset by not being treated like a headlining act on the website has some misplaced priorities.

Skip it.
  • Not rude at all to NOT include this on your wedding website - and really - quite the opposite.  Professionally they may not want information floating around in regard to their personal life (teachers, performers, etc.) nor that they'll be OOT on your wedding day!