Wedding Woes

Distraction Monday

Need some distraction from the news.  I can’t read/hear the stories anymore :(

saw Hobbs & Shaw this weekend.  It was alright.  If anyone has any connections to Dwayne the rock Johnson - send him my way.  rawr. 

Re: Distraction Monday

• Hello there! 

My weekend went well - DH and I weeded the garden and are kicking the house hunting into gear. The hope is that we will find our home by October and ready to move by the end of the year.

• Weekend was great - Babypants' party was a big hit! She and I were beyond exhausted though (H was fine - I did all the planning and Babypants did all the playing lol). I took a 2-hour nap Saturday afternoon after the party and Babypants slept in until almost 9am on Sunday!!

In other news, my boss just gave her notice. Her last day is this Friday. And not by choice. I am stunned - and not sure what is going to happen, which scares me. 
  • Weekend was great - Babypants' party was a big hit! She and I were beyond exhausted though (H was fine - I did all the planning and Babypants did all the playing lol). I took a 2-hour nap Saturday afternoon after the party and Babypants slept in until almost 9am on Sunday!!

In other news, my boss just gave her notice. Her last day is this Friday. And not by choice. I am stunned - and not sure what is going to happen, which scares me. 
    Wow that’s crazy, did you know this was coming. Are you still looking for another position?
  • Weekend was good, Friday we stayed in and got things ready for the party. Saturday we had my parents, sister & her family, over for dinner/cake/fun. We had a great time, the weather was perfect, and we had left over ice cream cake for breakfast yesterday.

I also need a distraction from the news. It’s just, enough already! I honestly feel like we as a society didn’t do anything after Newtown so we’re never going to. 

My boss told me she was actively looking for the last few  months. It’s been super uncomfortable and I’m not sure how to feel. She’s started dumping, not delegating and I’m sure she’s going to leave. 

The worst of it is the director has no idea and keeps asking our team if we’ve noticed a difference in her work. I don’t want to be the person that tells him so we just have to play dumb all day...

It is the worst
  • @NBSquared2017, good luck with the house hunting!  Hopefully things get better at work.  Sounds like it might be best if your boss just found another job already and left.  At least that way you'd no longer be in the middle.

@sparklepants41, I'm glad the party went well!  But I'm sorry to hear about your boss and how nerve-wracking that must be.  I hope things shake out well for you.

@6fsn, Ts and Ps for your step-MIL.  At least she knows she needs help now, but I'm sure it was tough realization to come to.  It's such a tragic disease.

It was an okay weekend for me.  I stayed three hours late on Friday and was pretty PO'ed about it.  I wasn't feeling very well the rest of the weekend, which put the kibosh on my helping with the various rental stuff we have going on.  My H and a friend (we paid him) at least came through on Sat.  They didn't go over to the rehab duplexes, but they did a lot of work at our vacant rental to get it ready for our next tenants.  My H is going over there today to finish it up.

I got the signed lease from them this morning and we're all set for a move-in, this Friday.  Woo-hoo!  They're also paying $100/month more than the previous tenants, so at least getting closer to market rent for that area is a nice bonus.  I just hope they're good tenants and pay their rent on time, like the last tenants did.

I am completely exhausted today.  But, that is pretty typical for me on Mondays.  My sleep schedule gets screwed up over the weekend and then I have hard time falling asleep when I should on Sunday.  But it's worth it to sleep in for two days, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend was good, Friday we stayed in and got things ready for the party. Saturday we had my parents, sister & her family, over for dinner/cake/fun. We had a great time, the weather was perfect, and we had left over ice cream cake for breakfast yesterday.

I also need a distraction from the news. It’s just, enough already! I honestly feel like we as a society didn’t do anything after Newtown so we’re never going to. 
    Yeah, that’s exactly how I feel too. I even know someone who thinks Newtown was a hoax. So that’s where we’re at as a society. 

This is weekend was okay. Friday work was absolutely terrible but at least the weekend got better from there. Yesterday we helped FSIL and her FI move some stuff to their new place. They drove me batty for a little bit. We showed up and they had nothing ready to go. FBIL was being the biggest diva. “I just want this one thing to go. We don’t need to bring over other stuff right now.” Dude, you have help. Have your shit together and move as much as you can. Nothing was packed or organized. My type A side was losing it. I’m also the only one who has moved multiple times so it’s frustrating to see how extra hard everyone makes moving. FI did the same thing when he got the house. But at least after we went to get dinner and drinks and then we had our first movie night at the new place. We finally saw Us. 

I just have a lot of studying to do this week. At some point I need to organize some stuff. I’ve given my summer clothes in the closet an ultimatum: if I don’t wear them by the end of the heat waves (which admittedly will probably last until November now), they are going to goodwill. It’s been motivating me to get out of my clothing rut though. I feel like I’ve been wearing the same four shirts for months. Now people are asking me if I bought new stuff. Nope, just clothes I’ve had forever and for some reason choose not to wear. 

• Weekend was pretty good. H got home from his trip in time to go the anniversary party on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Kind of like a wedding reception - dinner, dancing and toasts. I got lots of stuff done around the house before H got home.
    Yesterday was ugh! Woke to hear the news about Dayton - DS2 lives there. He wasn't home this weekend but had friends that were at that bar. He is pretty sure they are all ok. We've been to that area for dinner a couple of times - great restaurants and shops. Makes me so sad. Something has got to be done! When I talked to DS2 about it, he said he felt weird because now it is nothing new to hear about shootings. I just can't wrap my head around all this. We need to make sure that people are elected who will do something about all the violence. I also think that the greed in our society has led to this - " I don't want my neighbors to have something I can't have". I stole that from my pastor's sermon yesterday. Enough of my rambling - still can't get my thoughts together.

Wow that’s crazy, did you know this was coming. Are you still looking for another position?
    No one saw this coming. I'm having a really hard time concentrating today in the wake of this news. 

I'm still looking for another position, but not many AEC firms are looking for someone with my level of experience. It's a tough market right now. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2019
    @sparklepants41, is your boss resigning not her choice or her last day being Friday?  The former would worry me, but the latter is pretty common.  I've heard of people giving notice and being walked out that day.  But boo to work uneasiness.  That's the pits. 

Our weekend was all right.  Friday, we went out to dinner with DH's uncle who was in town and FIL.  
    Saturday, DH's uncle came over to do brakes and then they went to help FIL with his house.  
    Sunday, DH, DefConn, BIL, and foster nephew went to Colts training camp.  My sister and I went shopping and picked up my dad.  We went back to my house for dinner.  

Day 3 of school and DefConn, who begged to bring vs. buy this year, left his lunch at home.  ;)  Good thing I'll always keep his lunch account afloat.  Looks like Monday's lunch will be had on Tuesday.  :D 
  • Weekend was good. Thursday, the Stones concert was awesome! One of the friends we went with knew a security guard working, and he was able to sneak us onto the floor. It was amazing. We eventually did get kicked out...haha. But it was fun while it lasted! 

Friday was supposed to be a beach day. It didn't turn out that way. I'm still mad. 

The rest of the weekend was pretty chill. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I too agree (sadly) that if nothing was done after Newtown, this might just...be how our country is now.  Which really freaking sucks.  I felt really sad the first time my kids told me about their "playing hide and seek with the principal" drill... all the tables moved to a corner of the classroom and the kids crouching under. But good that they're preparing god forbid.  The HS I work at obviously tells the students what we're practicing but I still feel bad they have to grow up like this.  I was 9th grader on the day of the Columbine shooting, it was scary...I can't imagine being a student now and having a shooting being on my daily list of things to worry about.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @sparklepants41, is your boss resigning not her choice or her last day being Friday?  The former would worry me, but the latter is pretty common.  I've heard of people giving notice and being walked out that day.  But boo to work uneasiness.  That's the pits. 

Our weekend was all right.  Friday, we went out to dinner with DH's uncle who was in town and FIL.  
    Saturday, DH's uncle came over to do brakes and then they went to help FIL with his house.  
    Sunday, DH, DefConn, BIL, and foster nephew went to Colts training camp.  My sister and I went shopping and picked up my dad.  We went back to my house for dinner.  

Day 3 of school and DefConn, who begged to bring vs. buy this year, left his lunch at home.  ;)  Good thing I'll always keep his lunch account afloat.  Looks like Monday's lunch will be had on Tuesday.  :D 
    Her resignation is not her choice. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

that's interesting she is being let go yet will still be there a week. I would think if they were forcing someone to resign it to would immediate release. 
  • kvruns said:
    mrsconn23 said:

that's interesting she is being let go yet will still be there a week. I would think if they were forcing someone to resign it to would immediate release. 
    I was thinking this too.  In most companies I worked for, there was to much risk having someone stay on and have access to everything. 

• ei34 said:
    I too agree (sadly) that if nothing was done after Newtown, this might just...be how our country is now.  Which really freaking sucks.  I felt really sad the first time my kids told me about their "playing hide and seek with the principal" drill... all the tables moved to a corner of the classroom and the kids crouching under. But good that they're preparing god forbid.  The HS I work at obviously tells the students what we're practicing but I still feel bad they have to grow up like this.  I was 9th grader on the day of the Columbine shooting, it was scary...I can't imagine being a student now and having a shooting being on my daily list of things to worry about.  
    I refuse to believe we will never find a way to resolve this political/social/mental health conflict.  However, this was said today on a local news program in Chicago......"We had a Dayton shooting here in Chicago this weekend.  We've become immune to the violence in this city."  The audio of (just) ONE weekend shooting is frightening.  Chicago had at least 66 shot, 12 fatally, JUST THIS WEEKEND!
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019/8/5/20754635/shooting-audio-lawndale-kildare?fbclid=IwAR3TmYpD1BeUS2En4SNjzNu7J4n09WPeTDvbULPh7mpOYRx18-WOQN_JlPM

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @MobKaz I hope we find a way to stop the gun violence too.  I didn't mean to sound so negative in my OP