Wedding Woes

Thursday!

So apparently we like surprises in my group! 

I was scheduled to have a 1:1 with my group manager today (we meet monthly) and he went and got my direct manager to sit in on it (never happens) and there are changes coming to our group (a team manager is getting reassigned) and I’m getting tapped to be a project owner over two of our biggest portfolios and having two new people report to me. So big day!

Whats going on for everyone else? 

Re: Thursday!

• That is awesome!!! Good for you!

nothing going on here.  I have a giant zit in the side of my lip.  So that’s cool.  Eating is fun. 

• Congrats, @charlotte989875!

Those are the worst @CharmedPam. They always seem to hurt twice as much as a normal zit too. 

More studying for me today. I ended up trying out the Pakistani place last night with semi-disappointing results. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. It smelled so good when I walked in but then the food was kind of bland. Oh well, at least I know now. I’m ready for Friday. 

• @charlotte989875 oh that's exciting! :) is it an project you're excited for?

@CharmedPam My solution to zits and cold sores are same. Purell dabbed on it, then polysporin {gel is ideal since it stays} Cuts the life time down notably

We're in full swing of teething. Molars are a bitch.
    She went to bed fine, but at like 11pm she was up screaming. We tried to settle her, but by 1:30am she was still having problems and by then the Motrin we had given her had worn off, so we gave another dose. That seemed to help, with extra snuggles, bottle and bum change.

She was a tad warm this morning, so M is keeping an eye on her. She went down for early nap, but he said she wasn't as warm. We'll see how it goes. Poor beeb :(

I have to vacuum tonight. My house is still in a state of disarray from the weekend .... it's better but not great.
  • @charlotte989875, congrats!  That's amazing news!

I had a productive morning at work.  Then was majorly irritated by the client's IT support over an "urgent" help desk ticket that I submitted one week ago and it still hasn't been finished.  I guess it's in "approval" limbo.  Not that anyone has bothered to tell me that, until I called for a status.

But I have got to keep up the productivity!  There is so much to do that's "urgent", but I also need to take a day off on Mon. or Tues. of next week to go fight the property tax assessments on the two duplexes I just bought. 

Despite all this, I'm actually in a pretty good mood today.  A bit overwhelmed with everything (work and personal), but with a positive outlook.  At least that's something!  I'm hoping to finally be able to catch my breath...sometime in November, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having some feelings.  Basically, I hate being human.  :smiley:  I have disconnected from a friend, by choice.  He was quite cruel to me the other night, it's not the first time, and he speaks badly about K.  I realized that this wasn't someone I wanted in my life and have moved on.

But it just got me thinking about loss.  And I think I'm just slightly grieving.  Now that a lot of other bigger emotions are out of the way about the dramatic changes in my life in the last 4 years and I can see a big picture, I'm really realizing how many friends I've lost.  Which is okay; while I would've preferred not to lose them, it was inevitable with the divorce, with the split in the community between me and the ED in my community work, and with just life.  And I can very honestly say that I don't regret one of those big decisions, they were absolutely the right choices for me; that doesn't mean I have to be joyous about having to make them or their consequences.  So, yeah, today is kind of a quiet, introspective day.

Other than all that, SSDD.  Work is going along well, the organization is moving although slower than I like, and life trots on.
  • Yes @VarunaTT - he sounds like a bad apple and you don’t want someone talking bad about K anyway!

@mrsconn23, my friends and I were talking about what we pay for cuts and how expensive it is.  It got to me - and I was like “oh.  You’re still paying people to do that?”

anyway, score! In my head I thought I had $53 something left on my hotels com e gift card.  I called and found out it was $194.40.  Some extra travel money!!! Next hotel we have to stay at is in san juan so I gotta start looking. 

• Finally checking in for the week!  And just in time for Prudie day!  

H & I are going on a quick date night tonight.  I won a free sandwich or salad from a local place, so we are going to cash in tonight!  We are sticking to just dinner and not adding in any of the fun stuff around due to funds.  I hate being an adult sometimes!  We will get cookies though!  So I'm ok with the final decision!

Sun & Mon we took DD to the beach and boardwalk, respectively, for the first time.  She loved them both!  Now I can expect to hear about wanting to go to the beach when we head down the shore to visit with my parents.  We go again in a few weekends, so I know its coming!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That's awesome @charlotte989875@VarunaTT I strive to reach your level of self awareness; sending positive vibes

Trying to find a new salon- my daughters are my guinea pigs.  They're getting haircuts first and if I like the vibe and result I'll go too  :lol: younger DD had a nice cut earlier, the salon is definitely a contender.  Other than that, doing some packing and trip prep. 
  • @VarunaTT honestly, losing a friend - regardless how - is definitely a grieving process. I definitely went through one after 2 'friends' dropped me ....
    Being human sucks. I feel you.

So BabyKitten ended up being a good mood after her nap :) which is good for M because it could have easily gone horribly wrong.
    Is it bad to say that as much as I don't envy people home with their kids 24/7, I'm glad M dealt with her in a cranky mood. He swears I've never dealt with that ... but I told him to fuck off.
  • @charlotte989875 oh that's exciting! :) is it an project you're excited for?

@CharmedPam My solution to zits and cold sores are same. Purell dabbed on it, then polysporin {gel is ideal since it stays} Cuts the life time down notably

We're in full swing of teething. Molars are a bitch.
    She went to bed fine, but at like 11pm she was up screaming. We tried to settle her, but by 1:30am she was still having problems and by then the Motrin we had given her had worn off, so we gave another dose. That seemed to help, with extra snuggles, bottle and bum change.

She was a tad warm this morning, so M is keeping an eye on her. She went down for early nap, but he said she wasn't as warm. We'll see how it goes. Poor beeb :(

I have to vacuum tonight. My house is still in a state of disarray from the weekend .... it's better but not great.
    Thanks everyone!!! It’s very exciting. 

The project is actually being the owner of two teams of models; so it’s not a finite project but I’ll be running all the development of the models, working with the oversight department, and managing all of our testing & production. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Pto is at pto is stupid. Soccer is stupid. 

Card club tonight is not stupid. 
  • Low key day. H and I are going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant with some friends tonight. Can't wait. 

I've booked our place at the beach for next spring. I wish I could go there now. I'd really love some time on the beach and in the sun, not to mention fresh seafood at decent prices. 

I've continued to go through stuff. I found some cards H sent me before we were married, and he was living here while I finished college. So sweet. I also found his first father's day card from DD with her little handprint on it. I almost cried. It is hard going through stuff and getting rid of things. My kids don't want much of it, but I hate to just get rid of perfectly good things - holiday decorations, kitchen stuff, furniture. Luckily, I don't have to do it by a certain date.

Congratulations on the project @charlotte989875!