Wedding Woes

Below Deck: Med

Re: Below Deck: Med

• Why was Sandy yelling at Travis and Jack when the alarm went off and told them to go find the engineer. Seemed more like a staged “let’s catch then goofing off” than anything 
  • kvruns said:
    Why was Sandy yelling at Travis and Jack when the alarm went off and told them to go find the engineer. Seemed more like a staged “let’s catch then goofing off” than anything 
    I mean, I definitely don't think it was as serious of an alarm as they edited it to be. However, I totally understand her frustration in that they are trying to have a meeting and first you hear them laughing and being loud interrupting you meeting, and then an alarm goes off and they just keep hanging out and drinking beer instead of showing the initiative to figure out what it is for. So she has to get up from her meeting and tell them to figure it out instead of them just doing it. 

It isn't about the alarm, it is about initiative and laziness. And I think laziness is one of Sandy's biggest pet hates. 
  • kvruns said:
    Why was Sandy yelling at Travis and Jack when the alarm went off and told them to go find the engineer. Seemed more like a staged “let’s catch then goofing off” than anything 
    She explained later that if you hear an alarm on the yacht, she expects everyone to respond.  I think they're never really "off" as the yacht crew, but Sandy seems to be more lenient than other yacht captains from what Joao was saying.  Even if I were a passenger, I think if I heard an alarm, I'd at least stick my head out, find whoever the leader of the situation is, and ask if there were something I needed to do, but most certainly as an employee.  Those two are just lazy in everything they do unless it's an activity they specifically want to be doing.
  • Whaaaaaaaat was this nonsense of an episode.  I just want to know who gets fired!  They floated those previews all damn week and then nothing!!!  

I don't think Anastasia served up high end meals; I also didn't like these charter guests.  I'm sick of Jack and Aesha making out all over the boat, totally agree with Hannah that it's unprofessional.  However, nothing about Jack or Aeshe has been very professional from the beginning.  

My love for Captain Sandy is still high.   :wink:  Her absolute shade at June about the radio was hysterical.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Whaaaaaaaat was this nonsense of an episode.  I just want to know who gets fired!  They floated those previews all damn week and then nothing!!!  

I don't think Anastasia served up high end meals; I also didn't like these charter guests.  I'm sick of Jack and Aesha making out all over the boat, totally agree with Hannah that it's unprofessional.  However, nothing about Jack or Aeshe has been very professional from the beginning.  

My love for Captain Sandy is still high.   :wink:  Her absolute shade at June about the radio was hysterical.
    Completely agree! I feel like this episode was a dud after all the hype they had about firings leading up to it!

Anastasia is NOT a 5-star yacht chef and I've said it, cast members have said it to her, and now finally charter guests are calling her on her BS. Is she a good cook? Yes. Especially compared to Mila. HOWEVER, she is not the caliber that a guest who has chartered a megayacht should expect when they have shelled out that much for a 3-day trip. 

Jack and Aesha need to tone it down. It's gross and unprofessional. 

There is something seriously off about June. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Whaaaaaaaat was this nonsense of an episode.  I just want to know who gets fired!  They floated those previews all damn week and then nothing!!!  

Yesterday's episode was annoying. June, June, Hannah...

I think Anastasia is going back to third stew and June is moving to deckhand (I believe she said she was inside and outside?) and Jack is gone. 

These charter guests are annoying. However, if you shell out that kind of money -- I would expect for my food to be warm. 

And can we talk about how trashy that female charter guest by fighting the other yacht owner? She totally instigated that entire confrontation. 

• Yesterday's episode was annoying. June, June, Hannah...

I think Anastasia is going back to third stew and June is moving to deckhand (I believe she said she was inside and outside?) and Jack is gone. 

These charter guests are annoying. However, if you shell out that kind of money -- I would expect for my food to be warm. 

And can we talk about how trashy that female charter guest by fighting the other yacht owner? She totally instigated that entire confrontation. 
    And I'm still not super sure why?  I thought the other charter guests were doing a good job at getting him off the boat and then she got really aggressive about saying her husband? wasn't going.  It was odd.  I felt Hannah's irritation when she was just like, "We don't behave like this."  I thought Joao handled it professionally and well.

I don't know who is getting fired, b/c it looks like Travis seriously messes up with the alcohol in some episode and Joao says tells Travis that they're going to have a conversation about firing him.  And someone's position becomes redundant in a preview and they're let go.  And with the issues June has had on her radio with Hannah, I can't imagine her on the radio with the Captain.
  • I just went and looked at the those previews and apparently it's episode 11.  I feel like I never saw that in the descriptions before.  :smiley:
  • I feel like this charter they drove around a lot more than usual. Usually it seems like they barely go anywhere and this time they were everywhere and anywhere. I know some was weather related but still seemed like a lot 
  • kvruns said:
    I feel like this charter they drove around a lot more than usual. Usually it seems like they barely go anywhere and this time they were everywhere and anywhere. I know some was weather related but still seemed like a lot 
    I believe I remember at the beginning of the charter the guests mentioning that they did not want to get off the ship...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. 

I think the only reason they got off in Monaco was that they had that anchor issue. 
  • June and the radio were driving me bonkers. Her acting like Hannah is a bitch for no reason and she did nothing wrong is so annoying.  Yes, Hannah does have her moments where snark is a little unwarranted (she was a bitch on wheels last season because of Conrad and their drama), but it's entirely June's fault.  LEAVE YOUR FUCKING EARPIECE IN AND ANSWER THE CALL!  If the one you have is uncomfortable, ask for a new one.  I can't imagine those earpieces are one size fits all.  Also, June and Joao's conversation was maddening when she was done talking and 'pulled' the invisible curtain as some sort of 'end of replies'.  That is some rude-ass shit, especially when Joao was trying to help her out. 

Johnny Damon's wife, who's been fairly awful this whole charter, really showed her whole drunk ass with that guy who came on board.  Joao handled it all really well from the other drunk guests being like, "aww you're in your jammies, so cute!" and then having to hustle the guy off the boat.  It's super obnoxious when there's a situation between two inebriated people and it's almost resolved, and then one of them reignites the conflict because they're a drunk asshole.   I know Colin's a bit of a mess, but his hand-wringing over it all was a little too much.  I did crack up when he tried to be all, "It's closing time!  We're closing the passerelle (sp?)! You gotta go!" and everyone ignored him. 

• Also, I'm in the middle of Handmaid's Tale and Elizabeth Moss' character is named June (if you don't watch).  Plus Moss and June are both kind of nondescript blondes with similar facial expressions, but Moss is a badass in the show and June is clearly...not.  So that's also a strike against June, LOL.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Also, I'm in the middle of Handmaid's Tale and Elizabeth Moss' character is named June (if you don't watch).  Plus Moss and June are both kind of nondescript blondes with similar facial expressions, but Moss is a badass in the show and June is clearly...not.  So that's also a strike against June, LOL.  ;) 

STIB

What season are you on? Did you just start? I have so many feelings. 

Lots and lots of feelings. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Also, I'm in the middle of Handmaid's Tale and Elizabeth Moss' character is named June (if you don't watch).  Plus Moss and June are both kind of nondescript blondes with similar facial expressions, but Moss is a badass in the show and June is clearly...not.  So that's also a strike against June, LOL.  ;) 

STIB

I'm current.  And yes, the feelings.  ALL THE FEELINGS. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

STIB

I'm not going to say much because I don't know if anyone is not up to date, but we waited for so many episodes for some sort of vindication and episode 11 was the best I've seen. 

I know the show was renewed for another season, but I'm personally ready for some heads to roll. 

and the Martha's are some bad ass mothers!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

STIB

I'm not going to say much because I don't know if anyone is not up to date, but we waited for so many episodes for some sort of vindication and episode 11 was the best I've seen. 

I know the show was renewed for another season, but I'm personally ready for some heads to roll. 

and the Martha's are some bad ass mothers!
    I'm just curious about the end-game.  I cannot see this show going on past season 4, just from the current movement of the story lines.  I would be OK with it ending with next season unless there's some major new direction that the show decides to go.  But that would mean a lot of new characters coming in, I would think.  There's only 1 or 2 more episodes this season, so we'll see.  

Vulture did an interview with Bradley Whitford (Com. Lawrence) and it was pretty good.  I loved what he had to say about his character.  Don't read it unless you're up to date because it contains spoilers about this week. 
  • I finally got caught up on Below Deck. Johnny Damon's wife is terrible (that's not actually your boat..). In fact, all of the guests are. But Joao carrying that dude off the boat was hilarious. 

I have a feeling June is let go, Anastasia is back to 3rd stew, and Ben is the chef. 

Sandy pulling into that dock in Saint-Tropez was amazing. 

Jack is lazy and annoying. 
  • LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    Well it was clearly Chef Ben’s accent in the trailer coming back, so Anastasia is being demoted. Whether it’s her, June, or Jack that gets let go, I’m not sure. But Ben is always entertaining in the mix.

but knowing bravo and these overhyped trailers, he will be on a yacht next door and stop by to say hi for 2 minutes before he goes back.
  • Well it was clearly Chef Ben’s accent in the trailer coming back, so Anastasia is being demoted. Whether it’s her, June, or Jack that gets let go, I’m not sure. But Ben is always entertaining in the mix.

but knowing bravo and these overhyped trailers, he will be on a yacht next door and stop by to say hi for 2 minutes before he goes back.
    Ha. That is so accurate. 
  • Well it was clearly Chef Ben’s accent in the trailer coming back, so Anastasia is being demoted. Whether it’s her, June, or Jack that gets let go, I’m not sure. But Ben is always entertaining in the mix.

I saw somewhere on something (b/c I follow too much crap on FB) that they just happen to be in the same port as Ben and they all have dinner together, but he doesn't come on board.  IDK what to believe at this point.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Well it was clearly Chef Ben’s accent in the trailer coming back, so Anastasia is being demoted. Whether it’s her, June, or Jack that gets let go, I’m not sure. But Ben is always entertaining in the mix.

I saw somewhere on something (b/c I follow too much crap on FB) that they just happen to be in the same port as Ben and they all have dinner together, but he doesn't come on board.  IDK what to believe at this point.
    I want Ben back.  I like him and Hannah's banter.  Boo to it probably being a tease.  :/  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    VarunaTT said:

I want Ben back.  I like him and Hannah's banter.  Boo to it probably being a tease.  :/  
    I wonder who's position is redundant? I did not even think about the fact that it could be a teaser. Ugh...

Jack is the worst and needs to go. If I could make 13,000 in 8 weeks I would be busting my ass every chance I get. 
  • I'm going to be seriously peeved if Collin leaves because of all of Jack and Travis' nonsense (from the preview for next week).  He's a good worker and he cares.  Travis needs to get a grip, he is completely out of control with his drinking.  I wonder if it's been like this the entire time or if it's escalating.  I think Joao is a prude and it affects his work.  I'm so annoyed by Aesha and Jack, their romance is interfering with their work.

I think I've decided Anastasia is just a bit too snooty to be chef.  She has some definite pre-conceived notions about what guests should/shouldn't like.  First it was "simple" for the American ball player and now..Cajun fish and beans and rice for the black men?  

Image result for what the hell gif

She doesn't even play into right stereotypes.  Those are, obviously to me, rich gay men...they're going to have some pretty high standards.  Even if they are puking off the side of the boat.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That was everything I was thinking @VarunaTT. I was really annoyed at Anastasia’s vacuum comment and totally unprepared for Collin to be the one leaving. 
  • I'm going to be SO PISSED if Colin leaves.  But I think he's going to 'report' Travis to Sandy and he'll get the boot.  I think that's also what Anastasia is crying over in next week's preview.

It's weird how Travis' drinking has taken center stage, just because this seems to have been an issue all along the way Joao, Hannah, Aesha, and Colin talk about it.  

I loved that Aesha stood up to Joao (because I didn't even understand why he was calling her a hooker when she looked like she was going out to party and also, it doesn't matter...she could have been in a bra and thong and he's still wrong), but I thought the retelling of it all got really scrambled and she didn't correct anyone that had a bad notion about it.  But they were also all drinking all day, so who knows if she remembers how it really went down.  His explanation for his behavior was wrong and terrible.  If I were his mom, I'd want to slap him for using me as an excuse to shame another woman. 

My issue with the last two charters is that everyone, guests and crew, are being edited to look bad (well Damon's wife was an ass, IMO).  I also think that warming plates is something even an amateur chef should know to do.  Food temps have never been brought up so much, but I think the issue is that Anastasia is a vegetarian/vegan and doesn't taste/sample anything.  So she doesn't know that it's not hot all the way through. 

Again, June needs to just leave her earpiece in and answer the damn call.  Hannah would lay off if she'd just do that one simple thing.  

• mrsconn23 said:
    Again, June needs to just leave her earpiece in and answer the damn call.  Hannah would lay off if she'd just do that one simple thing.  

Image result for this gif

I honestly cannot figure out her issue with it.  The last episode Hannah was like....Turn your radio on.  Oh, I was on break!  Hahaha.  :neutral: I've never seen any of the others ever turn off their radio except for when they were sleeping.
  • And I'm just going to say it -- I think the show and crew are being racist AF with the way the new charter is being portrayed/treated.  Yes, they're a big group of big gay black men who are there to party.  So were the redneck crew from last season and y'all didn't seem to have so many aside snide comments about them or the editing. 

I'm fairly annoyed.
  • VarunaTT said:
    And I'm just going to say it -- I think the show and crew are being racist AF with the way the new charter is being portrayed/treated.  Yes, they're a big group of big gay black men who are there to party.  So were the redneck crew from last season and y'all didn't seem to have so many aside snide comments about them or the editing. 

I'm fairly annoyed.
    I agree with this. They are definitely highlighting all the negative aspects. They seem very grateful, but if I was spending $20,000 on a vacation I would not want cold food or hair in my dessert. Hell, I don’t expect that when I’m going through the drive through. 

I don’t understand why the food is cold. It’s not that far from the galley. It’s getting super annoying. 

• I do love how she acts like it is soooo far from the galley to where they are eating as if food gets cold on the 2 min journey upstairs