Wedding Woes

Monday, Monday

Work has been insane the last few weeks so I haven't checked in much.  Catching up on posts while i'm at the airport this morning. I'm traveling almost every week until the end of September!!!  Hoping I don't have any major delays. 

This was the first weekend in almost a month that we had free and it was amazing.  We ran a million errands and cleaned/organized a bunch of stuff in the house.  We still have a couple rooms that are just packed with all the junk from moving in that doesn't have anywhere else to go and we are determined to get it all out and organized, possibly donated before the baby come in December!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and all the tenant move-in, vacation packing, yard work, etc went well for everyone :)

Re: Monday, Monday

• @Casadena planning and doing are 2 different things ;) lol
    How is pregnancy going? I'm guessing good if you're good to fly :) 

I'm dragging today. BabyKitten had a rough night. Upper molars and maybe eye teeth are coming, so she's all congested :( That or she's getting a cold. Or both.

Saturday after her nap we was warm. We left her to see if she'd cool down, but brought motrin. We got to my mum's not long later and although she was in good spirits, she was still warm and her face was a little puffy.
    We went to food truck rally, and about an hour or so later she was definitely feeling better :)

Sunday was low key as she slept awful and sounded stuffy still.
    Last night was awful also :( Idk what is happening, but only think I could chalk it up to was waking later from a nap, or teeth, or congestion.
    Grateful for coffee today.
  • I watched so many movies this weekend!  I bought myself one of the unlimited passes for the theatre that's basically a block from my apartment.  I watched Widows on HBO, then saw The Kitchen and Hobbs and Shaw.  Rent both.  The Kitchen should've been an episodic setup.  The actresses did a good job with what they had, but it all ended up being very one note.  The movie design (set and cinematography) is gorgeous though and does an amazing job of evoking late 1970s Hells Kitchen, NY.  Hobbs and Shaw is just fun, though I would've wished for more car action.  K might have to go straight to a meeting from work and if they do, I might go see something that isn't Toy Story or Scary Stories, b/c K wants to see those together.  I need to use it at least 2 times/month for it to pay for itself, but I suspect I'll easily get my monies worth.

We did a lot of work on organizing the apartment this weekend with only one quarrel.  Both of us haven't been sleeping very well and were grumpy, so I think it was alright.  It gets closer and closer to all being finished and organized.  K has really done a great job at narrowing things down (not keeping all of their swimming gear or first pieces of drag that hasn't been used in years, for instance) and I'm proud of them.

• Had a great weekend. 

Friday we just relaxed and ordered in. I was exhausted from the week. 

Saturday I ran errands and cleaned the house. I had my friends over for food and drinks and games. H went camping and took the dogs, and it was nice to have the house all to myself. 

Yesterday I did laundry and caught up on my shows. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Saturday was back to school haircuts and the crew vs Cincinnati game- SO MUCH FUN!

sunday was dh’s company picnic- at  a water park. I was my supper impressed with the park, but I survived wearing a bathing suit in front of his coworkers. 

We’re having lunch with the ils today. I wish I could be honest that my kids would rather do anything else, but I think that would go over like a lead balloon. They are also terrible to talk to and their table manners are horrid. 

School starts Thursday!!!

• @Casadena, I'm exhausted just thinking about your work schedule for the next 6ish weeks and all the heavy travel, lol.  Sounds like your weekend was pretty productive.  Good luck with the additional organizing/purging.

My tenant move-in went well!  They ended up arriving in NOLA at 1AM on Fri. night/Sat. morn.  Fortunately, the one sister who already lives here hadn't given up her current place yet, so they all had somewhere to go for the night.  They seemed happy and I got the pro-rated first month's rent, so I was happy, lol.

But they did ask one question that my H and I thought was odd and I'd love to get your all's opinions.  They pointed out that the house was missing the shower curtains in the bathrooms.  As if they thought I was providing that.  I explained I provide the shower curtain rods, but not the shower curtains or the hangers for them.  I suggested they get those items from Walmart.  They didn't seem upset about it, but is that something landlords usually provide, maybe in other areas of the country?  I never had one provided to me when I was a tenant and I've never had any of my other tenants ask about it.

My H and I went to IHOP for breakfast after we settled them in.  I deserved it for waking up so early on a Sat., lol.  My weekend was more mellow than I was expecting.  My H told me that, at the present time, there really isn't any rehab work I can help with at the duplexes.  But he went out there on Sat. and for a few hours on Sun.  I felt guilty, lol.

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow to go fight the property tax assessment for those duplexes.  I would so much rather be at work, lol.  Since I'm going anyway, I'm also going to fight the one that more than doubled for my personal home.  I won't have much traction on that one because I don't have a recent appraisal or anything.  But I've heard they've been giving "pity" 10% reductions, because some neighborhoods had substantial increases.  OMG, citizens have lost their minds!  There is so much anger about this right now.  For those of you familiar with the website, my local NextDoor is aflame.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • S+S - I've never rent, moved right from my parents house to my first house.  But all of my friends who have rented brought their own shower curtains and hooks.  I helped many a move over the years!  So I also vote weird!

Our weekend was good and DD was mostly pleasant for all of it, so double bonus!  Saturday, I went to my friend's house to help her unpack, organize and get stuff hung up.  I packed up a bag of tools, her housewarming gift and a few extra things I had to give her.  Her new house is gorgeous and right near a swimmable lake!  She also will have an amazing pool in the backyard, if they can ever get it clear!  I was there for about 6 hours and helped unpack lots of boxes, hang up curtain rods, towel bars and decor.  H and DD went to church while I was there.

Sunday was my morning to sleep in and it was lovely.  My lower back was hurting, so I layed in extended child position under my feet fell asleep!  After that, I was right as rain.  After breakfast, H mowed the lawn and I did other gardening work.  We had dinner at Five Guys and got some school supplies to donate to our Church's drive next week.

Tonight its just DD and I.  Not sure what I'm doing for dinner yet, I need to think about lunch first!

• But they did ask one question that my H and I thought was odd and I'd love to get your all's opinions.  They pointed out that the house was missing the shower curtains in the bathrooms.  As if they thought I was providing that.  I explained I provide the shower curtain rods, but not the shower curtains or the hangers for them.  I suggested they get those items from Walmart.  They didn't seem upset about it, but is that something landlords usually provide, maybe in other areas of the country?  I never had one provided to me when I was a tenant and I've never had any of my other tenants ask about it.
    In all the places I've rented, I've never had the landlord provide a shower curtain. 

Also, wouldn't you want to go buy your own brand new one?? Why would you want to use one that's already there? Shower curtains are also pretty cheap. 
    Thx!  I'm glad it wasn't just me and my H that thought this was really odd.  And they even moved here from your generalish area.

I've never even moved my own shower curtains.  I use the opportunity of moving to throw them away and get fresh ones for the new place.

I have occasionally had tenants expect me to provide window curtains.  I provide blinds, but not the curtains.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've only ever had 2 apartments; one did provide a shower curtain.  It went into a plastic bag under the sink; I had my own.  
  • My cousin is getting married and has asked me to be in the wedding. I’m so excited for her - however, her brother is her “wedding planner” and is totally taking over everything, including the bachelorette party. 

He’s sent a full on itinerary today including all these activities and has not once consulted the bridesmaids about it. He even booked the room without telling us. 

I pumped the brakes today and told him he needs to include all of us in these decisions especially since we’re paying for the trip. 

He wants to do all the hangover kits and everything that adds up to cost way more than it should. I’m trying to be nice and explain to him that type of stuff doesn’t matter at the end of the day. No one is going to remember the cheap hair tie on the card that says “for when you’ve drank too much” 

I’m so annoyed today 😩

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    I love my movie pass @VarunaTT!  I thought Hobb & shaw was cute and funny. Not typically my kinda movie though. I have the kitchen lined up soon.  It’s all free for me anyway! Scary stories has a very goose-bumpy feel to it.  If your ok with scary movies made for kids this is OK.  I thought I grew up reading that - but nothing was familiar to me so maybe I’m thinking of another book series? 
    @short+sassy - not only had I had to get my own shower curtain, I always wanted to get mine.  You start your bathroom color scheme/decorating with the focal point, which is the shower curtain.  Strange ask!
    @Casadena, yes get your travel in now!  Sounds hectic but fun at least?

after my pre-op appointment on Fri I had dinner and a bon fire with my friends and caught up.  Saturday was so busy for me and I got so much done that at 7:00 pm it felt like a Sunday to me so I jumped on my treadmill for my Sunday workout. I was making my protein shake and for some reason I thought about it and was like... wait... it’s only Saturday?!? I already did a workout!  I accidentally worked out twice, guys.  I’m losing it. 

Edit: words

• I feel like we need a weekend to recover from the weekend. 

We did end up going to my sisters to help and it was as big of a debacle as we thought and we only have ourselves to blame for agreeing to it. H was annoyed but at least I got to spend the last hour with my niece in the pool. H’s dad wanted to go out fishing so we spent about 5 hours in the boat and only caught 2 fish; but I reeled one in so we’re having him for dinner tonight! 

Busy, busy work day and all I want is a nap. 
  • @short+sassy  I know one thing as part of selling our old house, the new owners requested my parents leave the window curtains up - which we did much to my dismay. I loved my pink curtains :( - but never shower curtains.
  • I feel like we need a weekend to recover from the weekend. 

We did end up going to my sisters to help and it was as big of a debacle as we thought and we only have ourselves to blame for agreeing to it. H was annoyed but at least I got to spend the last hour with my niece in the pool. H’s dad wanted to go out fishing so we spent about 5 hours in the boat and only caught 2 fish; but I reeled one in so we’re having him for dinner tonight! 

Busy, busy work day and all I want is a nap. 
    Sounds like @OliveOilsMom's friend needs help clearing their new backyard :P

Enjoy the fish you caught!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My head is full of shit.  Ugh.  I pushed through the weekend (and loaded up on drugs), but was feeling it by last night.  I can work, I'm just worn out and cranky. 

The weekend was good.  We had fun at Kings Island.  I downloaded the app and we gamed out rides.  We didn't go on the highest thrill ones because DefConn is right at the height requirement and it made DH too nervous.  I'm not sure DefConn would have gone through with it yet.  He loves coasters, but he gave a hairy eyeball to the most extreme ones.  ;) 

Yesterday, we had family pics and dinner.  My nephew was being a shit for the first half of the session, but the pictures are probably going to be hysterical.  We ate dinner at a German restaurant.  Good food and excellent beer. 

DH is OOT until Weds.  I should go to the store tonight and I really don't wanna.  
  • @Casadena, I'm exhausted just thinking about your work schedule for the next 6ish weeks and all the heavy travel, lol.  Sounds like your weekend was pretty productive.  Good luck with the additional organizing/purging.

My tenant move-in went well!  They ended up arriving in NOLA at 1AM on Fri. night/Sat. morn.  Fortunately, the one sister who already lives here hadn't given up her current place yet, so they all had somewhere to go for the night.  They seemed happy and I got the pro-rated first month's rent, so I was happy, lol.

But they did ask one question that my H and I thought was odd and I'd love to get your all's opinions.  They pointed out that the house was missing the shower curtains in the bathrooms.  As if they thought I was providing that.  I explained I provide the shower curtain rods, but not the shower curtains or the hangers for them.  I suggested they get those items from Walmart.  They didn't seem upset about it, but is that something landlords usually provide, maybe in other areas of the country?  I never had one provided to me when I was a tenant and I've never had any of my other tenants ask about it.

My H and I went to IHOP for breakfast after we settled them in.  I deserved it for waking up so early on a Sat., lol.  My weekend was more mellow than I was expecting.  My H told me that, at the present time, there really isn't any rehab work I can help with at the duplexes.  But he went out there on Sat. and for a few hours on Sun.  I felt guilty, lol.

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow to go fight the property tax assessment for those duplexes.  I would so much rather be at work, lol.  Since I'm going anyway, I'm also going to fight the one that more than doubled for my personal home.  I won't have much traction on that one because I don't have a recent appraisal or anything.  But I've heard they've been giving "pity" 10% reductions, because some neighborhoods had substantial increases.  OMG, citizens have lost their minds!  There is so much anger about this right now.  For those of you familiar with the website, my local NextDoor is aflame.
    I’ve never had shower curtains provided. 
  • I have never had a shower curtain provided.  I would only expect one if the apartment came fully furnished.  
  • I love my movie pass @VarunaTT!  I thought Hobb & shaw was cute and funny. Not typically my kinda movie though. I have the kitchen lined up soon.  It’s all free for me anyway! Scary stories has a very goose-bumpy feel to it.  If your ok with scary movies made for kids this is OK.  I thought I grew up reading that - but nothing was familiar to me so maybe I’m thinking of another book series? 
    I thought I was getting in mixed up with another series too.  But I've been doing some digging and I think I'm remembering the very 1st book, which was published in 1981 but seemed to become more o fa bigger deal with the publication of the last of the trilogy in the early 90s.  My parents let me read whatever I wanted, so I'm pretty sure I read it early on and never realized growing up there were more books.  I'm not sure which stories are in the movie itself.  I also know I mixed this series up pretty frequently with the Just So Stories, b/c of the structure.
  • @short+sassy. I've only lived in one apartment/rental but the shower curtain was not provided. My kids have lived in numerous apartments and the shower curtain was never provided. Blinds were provided but not curtains. I seem to remember that even one of the kids' apartments didn't provided the shower curtain rod.

The weekend was pretty good. The comedy show was fun. We went to dinner at a Thai restaurant before hand. It was yummy. Sunday was low key- played hooky from church. I spent most of the day going through more stuff. My garage sale pile is getting bigger and bigger, and I haven't even gone through DS1 or DS2's rooms! I normally post stuff on FB for sale but 1) haven't had much luck there recently and 2) there is too much stuff to post. 

Small rant. We have been having trouble with our dryer so I looked on line and found a repair place that said they could be here at 4:00 this afternoon. At 3:55 they called and said their technician never responded to the callout so they were cancelling my appointment. No offer to reschedule! I'm sure I don't want such an unreliable repair service anyway but WTF! I have scheduled with another provider for Thursday. Hopefully they won't bail on me!
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, what comedy show?
      You’re exactly right - don’t want that unreliable company anyway!  

• It was a stand up show raising money for cancer research here in Indy. A friend of mine's daughter was the headliner. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My mil brought up the family beach vacation again. She told us what week “if we can make it” but today I learned she asked the other 2 families what weeks they could make it. 

Its going to be over my birthday.  

I had REALLY hoped this idea had been dropped. 
  • It was a stand up show raising money for cancer research here in Indy. A friend of mine's daughter was the headliner. 
    OOOH.  Who was the headliner?
  • mrsconn23 said:
    It was a stand up show raising money for cancer research here in Indy. A friend of mine's daughter was the headliner. 
    Megan Gailey.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    It was a stand up show raising money for cancer research here in Indy. A friend of mine's daughter was the headliner. 
    Megan Gailey.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!  I was hoping that was the answer.  You know her mom?!  So cool.  

I love her!!  I listen to Hysteria every week.  She seems to have an awesome relationship with her mom and that's lovely.  
  • Yep, known her since she was in preschool (Megan). Yes they have a great relationship.
  • @mrsconn23 she will be on the new David Spade show "Lights Out" on Comedy Central tonight (Wednesday) at 11:30 if you are interested. We are DVRing it since that is way too late for me LOL!