Wedding Woes

Ugh, Tuesday, Again.

This week sucks and it’s only Tuesday. H didn’t get the internal position he was hoping for, they gave it to someone else internal and he’s really really bummed. I don’t even know what to say to him about it anymore. He’s super sad. And defeated. And he still hasn’t talked to his manager in weeks because she’s checked out so he hates everything about work right now. 

And I have a headache. 

Re: Ugh, Tuesday, Again.

• Aww, I'm sorry for your H. That really sucks. 

It's going to be raining all day, so I'm already prepared for an extra long commute. Also it feels like 35 degrees in my office. Not even kidding, I'm wearing jeans, low boots, a t-shirt and a sweater over it, and I'm freezing. So over it. 
  • Ugh, that sucks Charlotte.  

I'm hoping today is the day I feel the worst.  The ick has moved down to my chest.  I freaked DefConn out because I had the worst dry-heaving as I brushed my teeth.  I'm going to try to sleep sitting semi up tonight, if I can stand it.  

It's dreary out, so that matches my mood.  We're supposed to have dinner at my parent's with my dad.  I may just go over there to sleep on the couch and he can watch DefConn (not that he needs that much 'watching').  LOL 

I swear the minute DH has a business trip scheduled, there's a 50% chance I'm sick or DefConn gets the ick.  Over. It.  
  • @charlotte989875 hugs to your H :(

@climbingwife Brr but that sounds like a cute outfit lol

@mrsconn23 blegh :( 
  • I'm so damn stuffed up :( I'm getting soup for lunch today in hopes it'll help.
    I'm run down because BabyKitten decided last 2 nights she wants to stay up for 2hrs in middle of the night. She gets stuffy and runny nose from crying, so I'm not letting her cry much. Idk if it's a cold or teeth, but we should hopefully know soon.

If it's a cold, she may have given it to me and I think M has same as me.

I was looking up Montessori schools today to see pricing. I really like the way they teach, and tbh I feel like it'd be beneficial for BabyKitten's exploitative personality. I mean, she's discovering "open and close" lately. Last night with a pizza box, and then with diaper genie. Unfortunately unless one, or both of us get a serious pay raise, it's not doable.
    I currently pay $400 every 2 weeks, where as Montessori school is $1800 per month. I've already crunched my budget, it's just not doable :(
    There's nothing wrong with daycare or the schools here, I just personally feel she'd benefit more with Montessori.
    Oh well ... we're going to look at side programs for her.

Anyone else's kid similar? Ideas?
  • Charlotte - That stinks, I'm sorry for DH!

Last night was good, but poor DD had an accident when we were at the playground.  I picked her up and let her choose waffles or pancakes for dinner.  At first it was pancakes, but by the time we got home it was waffles!  We need to restock our freezer supply, so it was going to be one or the other!

After that, we drove over to the big playground again.  She was in love with the slides!  We stayed for a bit and I told her we would be leaving after 5 more slides down.  She got through the first one than had a funny looking and her arms started shaking slightly.  I asked her if she was ok.  She said yes, then went off running.  But not much after, she started crying, so we went home then.  While I was putting her in the car seat, I got a whiff.  Poor kid.  But it was tubby night anyway, so I got her cleaned up and H was home from karate to give her the bath.

We were supposed to grill steaks tonight, but its going to rain most of the day, so who knows if we will be able to.  After dinner, we have a few errands to run.  We have my favorite food truck here today, and I have no idea what I want to have yet!  
  • I agree with @mrsconn23! It is yuck here!

I sat and waited in a doctor's office this morning for 35 mins. past my appointment time grrrrr. It was just suppose to be a quick in and out check so I had made another appointment at 11:00 which I had to postpone until 11:30! I hate it when appointments are timely.

I have another drs. appointment this afternoon. It is that time of year! 

We got our family photos back from the photographer today. They turned out really nice. We had a canvas printed and some fold out books for our parents. They haven't met the boys yet since they live down south. They love seeing pictures of them though!

Hope you feel better @MissKittyDanger and mrsconn.
  • @OliveOilsMom Gotta love those moments where they do something, disregard you and then you smell it .... noooo! lmao
  • I’m sorry about H’s job @charlotte989875

Feel better @mrsconn23

I am am at my friend’s house studying. So that’s what I’m up to today. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I'm sorry @charlotte989875

Feel better @mrsconn23

Today is a day of petty annoyances:
    PTO board members procrastinating everything (I told them it would take more than 20 minutes to trifold 500 flyers)

Former PTO chair screen shot messages with me to "prove" she didn't go over budget (she grabbed a shot were I said $600 budget, but cropped the rest of it saying it was actually $250, left out the part where she messed up all reimbursements, and neglected to mention she ended up spending $1000 not even the $600)

Soccer parents being divas about their kid being on Team 2 (I don't make the teams! Stop complaining to me)

Taking all of the kids to the grocery (I really wanted to wait until after school started but we had no eggs, chicken, yogurt, or bread)

My husband is a complete and utter slob.

It's raining.

My MIL.  She keeps asking for the kids' soccer schedule so she can make a game.  I keep telling her it's not that simple- they each have a few teams integrated into the team calendar that is referenced through two different apps and a spreadsheet.  I don't even know how to put it all together for me and I don't want to jump through hoops for her knowing full well they don't come to games because Ohio State and Browns football games.

• @charlotte989875 That sucks.

SSDD.  I really don't like Tuesdays.  I am elbows deep into fixing what is probably the last mess left by the previous person in my positions, but it is a doozy that has been snakebit from the beginning.  K has practice tonight so I think I'm either going to go see Brian Banks or Lion King.  Part of the reason for the Unlimited pass was it keeps me from going out to the bar for social time, which is cheaper and healthier for many reasons.
  • @6fsn is your MIL close enough that if you said earlier that day {or even week} when the game is?
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    So sorry @charlotte989875.  What a bummer - have him keep on looking though. 
    @climbingwife, it’s super cold in our office always.  I have an emergency sweater at my desk JIC.  It’s ridic!
    @6sfn, sorry for all the annoyances.  My H is a slob too and i think at 47, it’s just not going to change.  Im with ya, girl.  I’m with ya.

i made my last payment on my mommy makeover today.  I had to be on hold with discover since my last payment with them was still under review, and I couldn’t charge anything new. it was embarrassing and annoying but after it all cleared up, it was a great feeling knowing I’m all paid up and ready for the 26th.  Tonight we had 2 tickets to see Once Upon a Time, but looks like H won’t make it.  Oh well, movie night alone then. 

Eta for: @MissKittyDanger, i think side classes are a GREAT alternative.  

• Thanks everyone! 

To make it worse tonight is his company’s summer picnic. He’s not jazzed but is going to put in some time anyway. 

It's going to be raining all day, so I'm already prepared for an extra long commute. Also it feels like 35 degrees in my office. Not even kidding, I'm wearing jeans, low boots, a t-shirt and a sweater over it, and I'm freezing. So over it. 
    Last week it took me 2.5 hours to drive 30 miles because of the rain. 

I feel your pain, especially because I know we're commuting around the same area. 

Last week, it took me 40 minutes to get from the ramp at 440 onto route 78, to the turnpike. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @CharmedPam I told her to pick a day she’s free and someone will have a game sometime somewhere. Truly though they won’t miss watching an osu or browns football game (on tv) for anything. She asks to look good. If I post any pictures she’ll say she wishes she could be there. 
  • 6fsn said:
    @CharmedPam I told her to pick a day she’s free and someone will have a game sometime somewhere. Truly though they won’t miss watching an osu or browns football game (on tv) for anything. She asks to look good. If I post any pictures she’ll say she wishes she could be there. 
    Im a Chicago Blackhawks fan.  One year I said I was going to watch ALL the games in the season.  Even pre. 

That lasted 1.5 weeks.

• @charlotte989875, sorry to hear your H didn't get the promotion.

@mrsconn23, I hope you start feeling better soon!  Ugh!

I took yesterday off from work to go appeal my tax assessment for the two new duplexes I bought.  I really thought it would be a slam dunk to at least have them lowered, even if it wasn't all the way down to what I wanted.  I went in there loaded for bear and all kinds of proof!  My HUD statement, showing what I just paid for them.  My appraisals.  I was shocked the assessor couldn't do anything for me, so now it has moved to a "formal appeal" status.

The way it works here for appeals is you meet with an assessor first...though only during a short, specified window of the year.  That is the "informal appeal" and what I did yesterday.  The hope is that, between you and the assessor, you can come to an agreement on a fair assessment.  If so, it's done.  But, if not, then it goes through the "formal appeal" process.  Fortunately, I had all my paperwork ready to go for the formal appeal anyway, so I was at least able to hand it all off while I was there.

Then I went to Sam's Club.  Then I went home and only got there 90 minutes earlier than when I do on a normal workday anyway, lol.  Oh well.

Speaking of those duplexes.  Big stuff happening this week!  The new HVAC equipment and ductwork is being installed in ALL the units.  Then tomorrow, the new windows are coming and being installed for one of the duplexes.  We aren't replacing the windows on the other one.  TBH, they aren't great either, but are in better shape and still functional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I feel your pain, especially because I know we're commuting around the same area. 

Last week, it took me 40 minutes to get from the ramp at 440 onto route 78, to the turnpike. 
    Oh yes, I can see this.