Registry and Gift Forum

Is anyone else looking for environmentally and socially conscious items for their registries?

My fiance and I are starting to build our registry and are looking for the standard types of items (i.e. dishes, serveware, cookware, bedding/towels, etc.). In general we care about where things come from and are looking for advice/suggestions on finding items in these categories that are also environmentally and socially friendly. 

Re: Is anyone else looking for environmentally and socially conscious items for their registries?

• I think a number of the fair trade sites have registry options.
  • If it's not too late, I've found there are a number of registries that let you add your own gifts not mentioned on their sites. I would try to link from those (in the UK, for example, The Kind Store). You can also set up gift donations to charities that support sustainability.
    For towels and bedding---look for bamboo fabrics.
  • If it's not too late, I've found there are a number of registries that let you add your own gifts not mentioned on their sites. I would try to link from those (in the UK, for example, The Kind Store). You can also set up gift donations to charities that support sustainability.
    For towels and bedding---look for bamboo fabrics.
    Donating to charities is not an acceptable thing to have on a registry. Charities are a very personal thing a people support causes that are important to them and could be offended by being asked to donate to a charity that they don't agree with their mission.