Wedding Woes

Below Deck: Med

Re: Below Deck: Med

• kvruns said:
    I do love how she acts like it is soooo far from the galley to where they are eating as if food gets cold on the 2 min journey upstairs
    Not only that, but she's usually sending it up 2 at a time, so it's not like everything is plated at once and maybe has to wait a longer minute to go up.  And I'm tired of her complaining about that stove.  I haven't heard any other chef on that boat complain about the stove that I can remember at all, much less every single charter.
  • VarunaTT said:
    kvruns said:
    I do love how she acts like it is soooo far from the galley to where they are eating as if food gets cold on the 2 min journey upstairs
    Not only that, but she's usually sending it up 2 at a time, so it's not like everything is plated at once and maybe has to wait a longer minute to go up.  And I'm tired of her complaining about that stove.  I haven't heard any other chef on that boat complain about the stove that I can remember at all, much less every single charter.
    Also if there is an issue with the stove, why is she not asking, IDK, the captain for help or one of the engineers on board to take a look between charters (or hell, in the middle of one)? I know it's likely amped up for drama's sake, but as a viewer it's annoying AF. 
  • Dear Colin -- June is not going to fall for you because you've done this.  Stop being a martyr.  Ugh, I'm so irritated with him about this and she's not a great worker.  I hope Captain Sandy is like, Sorry, no take-backsies and nope to this resignation you silly man.

I'm really glad that Anastasia took Travis to task.  I gasped when he slapped her, it was not a "love-tap" and it was way more than "heavy handed."  It was 100% not okay and I don't give one care about who was on the receiving end of that, it's not okay.  Maybe he'll get a damn grip now.

Still annoyed with Aesha and Jack.  At least Jack has some motivation to work now.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2019
    I hope Travis sees how horrible he looks on this show when he drinks and makes some life changes 

Colin and June aren’t even an apples to apples swap. They would be screwed losing someone with deck experience and move in someone with no deck experience. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That was no way a love tap. Alcohol made him unable to full understand what he was doing but that is zero excuse. 

There was an opening clip where June mentions she had deck experience. I think Colin is just homesick/sick of the crew, but also felt obligated to stay because he’s needed. Now he has an out. 
  • I totally think Colin leaving and June moving to his spot is the storyline.

Travis was drunk and missed the mark on a: how hard he was 'tapping' her and b: how him putting his hands on Anastasia would be received.  His brain probably blurred the lines of how 'close' of friends they are and what would be acceptable to her.  My husband smacking my ass playfully is fine, anyone else doing it is inappropriate.  

I don't understand the amount of 'love' Joao is getting for 'changing'.  His behavior toward Aesha shows that he's not changed that much.  He's just clamped down on his worse impulses.  I'm not applauding him for confronting Travis immediately after he 'tapped'/slapped Anastasia, because it was the proper reaction.  Horrified is the correct way to feel about it. 
  • edited August 2019
    I actually gasped when Travis hit Anastasia. I hope he watched it back and realized how hard he hit her. It seems like even the next day he was still insisting it was a "love tap". I'm glad she took him to task over it. That was really disturbing to watch. 

June sucks, and she's sucked from day 1. She could never keep her radio on or in her ear. You don't do that on a boat! What if there was an emergency, and your dumb ass is in the laundry room not hearing anything going on? And speaking of emergencies, she just let that pan sit on the stove, creating a dangerous situation while she freaking juiced oranges? WHAT!?

Colin just annoys me now. The crying over June being let go. *eyeroll*

• June sucks, and she's sucked from day 1. She could never keep her radio on or in her ear. You don't do that on a boat! What if there was an emergency, and your dumb ass is in the laundry room not hearing anything going on? And speaking of emergencies, she just let that pan sit on the stove, creating a dangerous situation while she freaking juiced oranges? WHAT!?

I would think the radio issue would be a HUGE reason not to move her to the exterior.  They do a lot of heavy lifting and guiding the boat in tenuous/tight situations where communication is key. 

I've also read a few opinions online that since Anastasia couldn't 'cut it' as chef, she should be let go.  Um, no?  She stepped up when asked and admitted that she bit off more than she could chew.  She should not be punished for it.  She was hired to be 3rd stew, so...sorry June.  
  • I actually gasped when Travis hit Anastasia. I hope he watched it back and realized how hard he hit her. It seems like even the next day he was still insisting it was a "love tap". I'm glad she took him to task over it. That was really disturbing to watch. 

June sucks, and she's sucked from day 1. She could never keep her radio on or in her ear. You don't do that on a boat! What if there was an emergency, and your dumb ass is in the laundry room not hearing anything going on? And speaking of emergencies, she just let that pan sit on the stove, creating a dangerous situation while she freaking juiced oranges? WHAT!?

Colin just annoys me now. The crying over June being let go. *eyeroll*
    ALL of this. QFT. June sucks and is not intelligent enough to handle being a stew, let along being part of the deck crew. With all of the tight docking situations they've had this season and the issues with the anchor, there is NO WAY she has the experience/initiative/common sense/ability to work under pressure to be able to contribute positively to a safe outcome should another potentially dangerous situation arise. 

I actually gasped when Travis slapped Anastasia's face. I was impressed that she had the courage to confront him head on. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

I would think the radio issue would be a HUGE reason not to move her to the exterior.  They do a lot of heavy lifting and guiding the boat in tenuous/tight situations where communication is key. 

I've also read a few opinions online that since Anastasia couldn't 'cut it' as chef, she should be let go.  Um, no?  She stepped up when asked and admitted that she bit off more than she could chew.  She should not be punished for it.  She was hired to be 3rd stew, so...sorry June.  
    Right - she could barely hack it in interior. You're going to move her to the deck crew? No way, no how. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I gasped at the smack too but I do wonder if there was sound added after?
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I don't understand the amount of 'love' Joao is getting for 'changing'.  His behavior toward Aesha shows that he's not changed that much.  He's just clamped down on his worse impulses.   
    I think Joao is working on changing.  That's a journey.  I think he's on it and struggling with it.  He definitely sees how he used to be and I don't think he's that person anymore; back slides happen and when you're in the same environment and adding alcohol, it's hard to not back slide.

I actually didn't like the way Joao confronted Travis, b/c it wasn't about the team or Travis' behavior, it was about gender roles.  I'm not quite sure what I would've done in that same situation, but I'm pretty sure everyone would've been swept into the van and taken home and I wouldn't have talked to anyone, except Anastasia who very obviously would've needed support/comfort, about anything until sober happened.  And I'm floored that Jack and Aesha are in any way, shape, or form, making excuses.  Aesha saying, "If it would've been me, it would've been a different story," really lowered my opinion of her.  Slapping sleeping people in the face is never going to be okay, not sure why that's hard.

I think Colin is homesick, but he's good at his job.  I'm not sure about June's intelligence or anything, but someone saying they're passionate about their career compared with her behavior and work ethic on the job, isn't believable.  I think she'll allowed to be upset, but I would've made the same decision in a leadership role.  And Captain Sandy said she'd give a great reference, so I think June needs to accept she's hurt, but also this is the right decision for the full team.  
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2019
    I think Colin is ready to head home. I think he’s very family oriented and missies that. Remember when his parents visited? He was so full of joy! His mom probably cooks dinner every Sunday and he is probably there more than his own place. 
  • I think Colin is ready to head home. I think he’s very family oriented and missies that. Remember when his parents visited? He was so full of joy! His mom probably cooks dinner every Sunday and he is probably there more than his own place. 
    That was cute when his parents visited. 

I think Joao had a strong reaction to what Travis did because of his past. 
  • This charter....

Image result for theyre crazy gif

That's really all I have.
  • They are seriously crazy! The whole fight over who got Sandy's attention was out of control. 
  • They are seriously crazy! The whole fight over who got Sandy's attention was out of control. 
    YES.  And seriously, stop sexually harassing the crew.  

Also did you hear the whole, "I fucked your ex husband. Let's compare experiences!" WHAT?! 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    They are seriously crazy! The whole fight over who got Sandy's attention was out of control. 
    YES.  And seriously, stop sexually harassing the crew.  

Also did you hear the whole, "I fucked your ex husband. Let's compare experiences!" WHAT?! 
    YES. I really needed them to elaborate on that - forget about who had Sandy's attention; let's hear THAT story!!! LOL

Also now that Anastasia is back to being a 3rd Stew, I thought for sure she would be off her high horse. But nope, nope, nope. She keeps reminding Aesha and other crew members how EASY and MINDLESS she thinks their job is compared to being a chef. And then she oversleeps by almost 2 hours! And brushes Sandy off when she calls her on it & tells her not to let it happen again! I wonder what would happen if Hannah got wind of these comments...
  • I think it’s interesting how Ben is having the same cold food issues that Anastasia did. How does food get cold on that short walk?!
  • kvruns said:
    I think it’s interesting how Ben is having the same cold food issues that Anastasia did. How does food get cold on that short walk?!
    Yes! Although that being said, I do think it's odd no one thought of putting domes on the food until last episode...
  • Those charter guests were awful. It always bothers me so much when these entitled dickheads think they can flirt/fondle/harass the crew. These people are fucking working! The scene with Jack in the bridge - imagine if it were men doing that to a woman. 
  • kvruns said:
    I think it’s interesting how Ben is having the same cold food issues that Anastasia did. How does food get cold on that short walk?!
    Yes! Although that being said, I do think it's odd no one thought of putting domes on the food until last episode...
    I feel like domes probably make the food hard to carry b/c you're limited to 2, maybe 3 plates at a time?  Plus they take up a lot of space and space is just so premium on the ship.

I also can't believe how drunk Travis was and how many times it's been at this level.  This was beyond, "I'm having trouble walking" and is into, "my brain is no longer able to send signals to my feet to work."  I'm not sure I believe the preview of Sandy talking to Travis, but honestly, there's no way this level of drinking, and the physical after effects, can't be affecting his work.
  • This episode reminds me why I don’t like Ben. I have nothing good for people so volatile like that, every little thing seems to set him off and he blows things out of proportion. 
  • kvruns said:
    This episode reminds me why I don’t like Ben. I have nothing good for people so volatile like that, every little thing seems to set him off and he blows things out of proportion. 
    I feel for him in a sense because I can be a shitty hot mess when I'm stressed out.  But he, like, lives in that chaos all the time.  

I appreciated Sandy pulling Travis aside and showing him concern and sharing part of herself vs. firing him and chastising him. 

Anastasia is obnoxious.  And she's clearly just as checked out as Travis from the season. 

I love Jack and Aesha's silly, stupid romantic gestures.  I agree with Aesha, it is adorable and lovely when someone reminds you they're thinking of you when you're not around.  Sandy's reaction to his 'poetry' was priceless. 
  • I haven't seen Ben in other seasons, so I didn't have any history to him.  Right now he just seems really out of place and whiny.  I do feel for him though; I feel like if he'd set up his kitchen from the beginning, he'd probably be a lot more comfortable.

These charter guests are annoying.

So, Jack and Aesha still annoy me, but I also think they're kind of cute as a couple now.  

Who is going to the hospital next week?!?!
  • This week was a weird episode.  So much interpersonal drama and Sandy is getting tired of the BS.  

Ben needs to calm his tits and honestly, he just comes off as a giant douche for telling Hannah how to manage her staff.  Furthermore, he cooks three meals a day.  What is he doing between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner.  As Hannah said, he had 7 hours to make risotto.  I'm not saying he doesn't have to do a lot of prep between meals, but he doesn't have an hour or two between each service to go to his bunk. Also, if dinner is over at 11pm...he goes to bed and has to be back up at...6?  7?

Also, you see Joao telling people to 'go down' all the time.  And he has an extra person.  There are only 3 on the interior.  And I know there's a lot more going on with the exterior...but it just rings a little overblown. 

Now Hannah has her own issues.  She should be doing more and also, not letting her crew slide.  I mean, Anastasia has gone full-on brat and has basically blew Hannah off about a lot of shit, the most egregious being the tablescape situation. 
    I don't hate that the interior gets along.  

Sandy's obsession with the tablescapes is annoying.  Yes, they could be better.  BUT why did this become a massive issue halfway through the season? 
  • Re: tablescapes - Sandy's obsession is really annoying. And not at all constructive. 

And Anastasia completely flaking on her assignment to get decor is ridiculous and she has yet to be held accountable. 

But for the white party - balloons? Really, Hannah? Is this a cheap HS prom? If she's sending out for balloons, why couldn't she just call a florist and get a bunch of white floral arrangements instead? It's a superyacht - I am sure flowers will fit into the budget. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2019
    I feel like Hannah has really lost her passion.  And it happens, but good leaders recognize it and listen to other people when they don't have their own ideas.  She's also shutting down other ideas.  I've thought myself that the tables look really blah this season compared to others I've seen.  Somehow, I feel like that boat is missing storage or just "stuff" I've seen previously.  I hate the new plates too, they take up too much room.  They look like charger plates, not service.  Ben has done a better job of presentation with them, at least.  I've also been wondering for awhile about the actual service.  Most of the time, she's been having to pull from the deck crew for service.  I think when you have charters that are big parties like they've had all season, they really need another person on hand for the interior.

Ben is starting to mellow in and I like him.  His white party menu was phenomenal.  The deckhands seem to be going well too.

Also, I think it's shady that Anastasia didn't stay to help.  Suck it up, you're part of the failing team, help out.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2019
    VarunaTT said:
    I feel like Hannah has really lost her passion.  And it happens, but good leaders recognize it and listen to other people when they don't have their own ideas.  She's also shutting down other ideas.  I've thought myself that the tables look really blah this season compared to others I've seen.  Somehow, I feel like that boat is missing storage or just "stuff" I've seen previously.  I hate the new plates too, they take up too much room.  They look like charger plates, not service.  Ben has done a better job of presentation with them, at least.  I've also been wondering for awhile about the actual service.  Most of the time, she's been having to pull from the deck crew for service.  I think when you have charters that are big parties like they've had all season, they really need another person on hand for the interior.

Ben is starting to mellow in and I like him.  His white party menu was phenomenal.  The deckhands seem to be going well too.

Also, I think it's shady that Anastasia Aesha didn't stay to help.  Suck it up, you're part of the failing team, help out.
    Aesha went on the date with Jack.  The rest of the guys went out...and shit on the interior. 

The bolded is why I think it's even shittier that they told June she was redundant, but I guess the question of where she'd or Ben would have slept was an issue.  I'm sure the engineers and whatnot have their own quarters (that are no filmed).  

I agree that Hannah needs to suck it up and tell her crew that they may get less downtime.  But the guests were also talking at breakfast about how late they were up and that Aesha was up the whole time.  So she may have only been down for 5-6 hours at that time.  I think they could cut breaks (1.5 instead of 2.5 hours and 7 hours vs. 8 hours of sleep), but seeing how Joao is sick as a dog...it's probably to their benefit that they are getting rest.  

But y'know...it's not as dramatic.  ;)
  • I just watched some of the videos of the crew interviews.  Hannah, Sandy, and the other stews just talked about how they think the owners of Sirocco must've been unhappy with the previous season that filmed on the boat, b/c the decor cabinet was practically empty and they were missing a lot of stuff in the kitchen and other things.  That makes some sense, b/c I just thought there wasn't a lot at all and I'd seen Hannah do much better tables.